PDA

View Full Version : Spurs:The Perfect Mix of American and FIBA talents is making History.

ArgSpursFan
06-15-2007, 09:41 AM
The spurs sure are the best Franchise in the NBA,no doubt.
But how did the spurs get this far with 4 championships in the last 8 yrs?
Simple:drafting Probably the best big man of all times(Tim Duncan)and them surrounding him with the right Domestics and International players.
let see:
Bruce Bowen:the ultimate fighter,and probably the best perimetral defender of all times.A hard worker who had to spend some time in Europe because there was no place for him in the NBA.
Cameback to the NBA and now owns 3 NBA rings and has now the respect of the Madia and fans.

Robert Horry:Big shot Bob,is just a natural winner,a guy who has played for the best teams in the NBA,and always showed up in important games in all the teams He has played for.At the age of 37 He looks more athletic tham a 25 yrs kid.Probably a hall of famer.

Tony Parker:The 2007 Finals MVP.Best FIBA PG in the world,and on his way to become the best PG in the league.
Brought to the NBA at a short age,has developed his game and improved every year since his roockie season.
He sure has the potential to be one of the best PGs of all
times in the NBA,or at least in the top 10 of all times.Probably a hall of fame player.

Manu Ginobili:What can I say of Manu that I havenīt said before...
In my opinion the best FIBA SG and probably one of the most efectives SGs in the league.
most likely a hall of fame Player,for all his Accomplishments in the International level and NBA level.
an Ice -cold blooded guy who doesnīt get scared to shoot the ball in a close important game.

Michael Finley:a guy who was use to be the main guy for years in Dallas,came to the spurs to become a role player,and did it prefectly,had his ups and downs,but Showed up in the playoffs and on important games.
Finally won an NBA championship with the spurs after 12 yrs in the league.

the best role players in the league:

Fabricio Oberto,Brent Barry,Fransisco Elson,Jack Vaughn

And finally,the best and smarter coach in the league:

Greg Popovic:People can say that the spurs system is boring,but they canīt deny his basketball knowledge,and his ability to find and scout good talents domesticly and around the world.
Without having a low 1st round pick in a very long time,the spurs have maneged to find and sing great players who suited the spurs needs Offensively and Defensively.

Finally I have to say that Iīm Proud to be a spurs fan and also wonīt ever get tired of celebrating a championship again and again and again and again.......

GO SPURS GO !

mathbzh
06-15-2007, 09:51 AM
Nice post.

But I disagree on Parker. He struggled with france in FIBA games and untill he proves he can do better (I hope this summer) I think Papaloukas is the best in FIBA games. But Parker IS a top 5 NBA PG.

ArgSpursFan
06-15-2007, 09:58 AM
I disagree for Parker. He struggled with france in FIBA games and untill he proves he can do better (I hope this summer) I think Papaloukas is the best in FIBA games. But Parker IS a top 5 NBA PG.

He didnīt stuggle,The french team was young,but real talented,and remember that last year He didnīt play the world championship cose of the injury,and in all the games before the World cup he wansīt 100%

mathbzh
06-15-2007, 10:06 AM
He didnīt stuggle,The french team was young,but real talented,and remember that last year He didnīt play the world championship cose of the injury,and in all the games before the World cup he wansīt 100%
I understand your point... but the last time Tony played a FIBA game he was not the best. As a French, I hope he will prove this summer he is the best FIBA PG but he didn't yet. I agree that FIBA games should be easier for him since he don't have anymore to attack the paint all the time (this is much more difficult in FIBA games).

mathbzh
06-15-2007, 10:07 AM
And he struggled half the 2005 euro (Diaw was the best French in 2005) :p:

SpursIndonesia
06-15-2007, 11:06 AM
The last time Tony participated in FIBA tourney, he still doesn't have the ULTIMATE weapon in FIBA games, outside shooting. Now, with the combo of Boris Diaw & Tony, France NT has a legitimate pick & roll duo to boot in internation competition. They just need one pure shooter SG, one good slasher/finisher (Pietrus ?) and either Petro or Mahinmi to pan out as their C/shot blocker.

tp time
06-15-2007, 11:20 AM
for information: france starting line up for the next fiba eurobasket:

- Tony Parker (San Antonio Spurs)
- Boris Diaw (Phoenix Suns)
- Joseph Gomis (Valladoid, Spain)
- Floent Petrus (Malaga Spain)
- Frederic Weis (Bilbao, Spain)

Bench: Aymeric Jeanneau (ASVEL), Yohann Sangaré (ASVEL), Cédric Ferchaud (Pau-Orthez), Yakouva Diawara (Denver Nuggets), Ian Mahinmi (Pau-Orthez/San Antonio Spurs), Michel Morandais (Napoli), Tariq Kirksay (Nancy), Sacha Giffa (Strasbourg), Ronny Turiaf (Los Angeles Lakers)

Out: Gelabale (Seattle), Mike Pietrus (Golden state Warriors), Yohan Petro (Seattle), Yannick Bokolo (Le Mans)

Out because not again official french nationality (in progress): Joakim Noah (Florida)

but we wil talk about that in september..itwill be a great tournament/