PDA

View Full Version : back up point guard?

slacker77
06-15-2007, 10:32 AM
I know its been posted before,but If we are to repeat next year there are some positions that need be addressed.The one i'm curious about is the backup pg.Beno is gone.JV did alright and he might be back(if he doesn't retire),but other than that what other options are there?What is speedy doing these day?Thoughts....

gaKNOW!blee
06-15-2007, 10:34 AM
Aaron Miles baby.

florige
06-15-2007, 10:38 AM
Sebastin Talfair if he comes at a cheap price and is willing to sit and learn from Parker and signs a "no gun clause" in his contract.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-15-2007, 10:42 AM
:lol

Darkwaters
06-15-2007, 11:23 AM
Papaloukas

SAGambler
06-15-2007, 11:27 AM
I don't know why, but JV just scares the crap outta me when he's running the show out there.

Sure would like to see a better backup, although, JV hasn't made all that many mistakes in that role this year.

Darkwaters
06-15-2007, 11:31 AM
I don't know why, but JV just scares the crap outta me when he's running the show out there.

Sure would like to see a better backup, although, JV hasn't made all that many mistakes in that role this year.

Theodoras Papaloukas should be our backup

Vaughn can come back to be our 3rd string

Aaron Miles can be 3rd string if Vaughn retires or goes to play for the Heat

Manu Pacquiao
06-15-2007, 11:43 AM
I thought Papaloukas was a swingman? He looks pretty big.

Jacque Vaugn had a promising start at Utah. He seemed to be the Howard Eisley type of back-up PG. Someone good enough to hold the fort while the starting PG got a few minutes rest. He moved pretty well and had an OK jumpshot as I remember him back then.

But today, yes he's not really a very good back-up. Maybe Beno can get better? In skills and talent, as well as age, Beno is bettr than Jacque. He just needs to have more confidence and have a good off season training and development.