PDA

View Full Version : how the heck can I buy a Wii??

cheguevara
06-15-2007, 10:44 AM
damns it's hard to find. I need to buy this for a present

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-15-2007, 10:55 AM
how the heck can I buy a Wii??

Money can be exchanged for goods and services.

But seriously,

http://www.refreshthing.com/index.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.refreshthing.com%2F wii%2F&timeout=30

Spurminator
06-15-2007, 10:57 AM
Are they still hard to find? A couple weeks ago I saw three or four of them at a GameStop. I was surprised, but maybe they had just gotten them.

Short Round
06-15-2007, 11:02 AM
Indy, I love you! Wake up, Indy! You're my best friend! Wake up, Indy!

resistanze
06-15-2007, 03:13 PM
Wii is the SHIT. A friend of mine got it some months ago and I keep walkin to his house to play his console. We got a modchip in it for only $60 CDN as well.

ggoose25
06-15-2007, 03:22 PM
Indy, I love you! Wake up, Indy! You're my best friend! Wake up, Indy!

:lol

ggoose25
06-15-2007, 03:23 PM
Wii is the SHIT. A friend of mine got it some months ago and I keep walkin to his house to play his console. We got a modchip in it for only $60 CDN as well.

what does the chip allow you to do

resistanze
06-15-2007, 03:27 PM
what does the chip allow you to do
Play burned Wii and Gamecube games, as well as burned DVD movies.

ggoose25
06-15-2007, 03:29 PM
nice

hater
06-15-2007, 03:41 PM
damn, those bastards want you not only to buy the console but at least 4 games and more accessories spend at least 540$

fucking bastards

Gerryatrics
06-15-2007, 04:37 PM
There were like a dozen of them at my local Wal-Mart last time I stopped in there. http://wiitracker.com/ if you want to buy online, lots of bundles though.

HaterzEraser
06-18-2007, 10:52 AM
Las weekend at HEB Plus (Military & Zarzamora) they had 4 on the shelf.

nkdlunch
06-18-2007, 01:20 PM
wiis are nowhere to be found in stores.

maybe online

and those tracking sites suck ass. they are bs

KewlKat00
06-18-2007, 10:55 PM
there is a target version that is pretty good. that is how i found mine. also itrackr.org is okay.

TxJudsonRocketTx
06-18-2007, 11:30 PM
Ebay has a ton of Wiis and you can find some really good bundle deals on it, 3-5 games plus a controller for like $325-$350

NASpurs
06-18-2007, 11:32 PM
Ebay has a ton of Wiis and you can find some really good bundle deals on it, 3-5 games plus a controller for like $325-$350I was looking for a Wii at Target/Toys R Us and didn't find any.

And then I looked on Ebay and those 3-5 games bundles are bunch of bullshit. It's just ONE game that has a ton of mini games in it so they count it as 5 games (Wii Sport or Wii Play). It's funny when they combined them both of those titles and claim it as 9 titles.

phyzik
06-19-2007, 01:15 AM
damns it's hard to find. I need to buy this for a present

Major qualifications to buy a Wii

1) You have to be gay

2) Must understand its a glorified Gamecube (http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20061031-8112.html) Its an overclocked gamecube

3) Either have kids under the age of nine or have the mentality of a nine-year-old.

if you meet any of those criteria, take no offense. If your just a guy/girl looking for a game system.... lick my ass.... you'd get more entertainment as I beat your ass senseless with my x360 or Ps3 controller.

T Park
06-19-2007, 01:34 AM
Are they still hard to find? A couple weeks ago I saw three or four of them at a GameStop. I was surprised, but maybe they had just gotten them.

am i the only one that was shocked to see that Spurm goes to gamestop?

I took him as the book, glasses, cigar or pipe, and scotch kinda guy.

phyzik
06-19-2007, 01:39 AM

I was going to make a bad joke on Spurm's expense but it was in really bad taste.... he's not a pedophile as far as I know. Im just glad my children dont shop at gamestop is all....

I KID, I KID!!! :elephant

(forgive me if thats not funny, Im drunk and should probably go to sleep)

cheguevara
06-19-2007, 09:17 AM
Major qualifications to buy a Wii

1) You have to be gay

2) Must understand its a glorified Gamecube (http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20061031-8112.html) Its an overclocked gamecube

3) Either have kids under the age of nine or have the mentality of a nine-year-old.

if you meet any of those criteria, take no offense. If your just a guy/girl looking for a game system.... lick my ass.... you'd get more entertainment as I beat your ass senseless with my x360 or Ps3 controller.

wrong, wrong, wrong

my gf wants it as bday present so she can play with her little nephews and nieces when they get together. which is every week.

I was like whatever, I even offered her jewelry but whatever.

But honestly I would not be surprised if Wii is more fun to play than PS3 and XBOX. PS3 is a failure up to now IMO and Microsoft is still not making any money, they are just throwing money at XBOX.

Ninendo in the other hand is making loads. I wouldn't buy it for myself but damn straight I will play that shit.

Spurminator
06-19-2007, 09:51 AM

I would tend to agree the Wii probably isn't for hardcore gamers. I haven't spent a lot of time playing it by myself (aside from The Godfather)... but it's great for entertaining guests.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-19-2007, 10:29 AM
Hell, my hardcore gamer friend (who loves his PS3) is talking about buying a Wii after he played it at a friend's house.

mardigan
06-19-2007, 10:36 AM
I have one and I play it a lot more than i do my 360

Flea
06-19-2007, 10:37 AM
I told my kids I would buy them some type of console this year. I know absolutely nothing about any of them. We have a gamecube and they have their individual nintendo ds. So, what is the biggest difference between the Wii, playstation, xbox? I would rather not have bloody gory type games. Their ages are 5-13. Any recommendations? I hear the Wii is family friendly.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-19-2007, 10:45 AM
I told my kids I would buy them some type of console this year. I know absolutely nothing about any of them. We have a gamecube and they have their individual nintendo ds. So, what is the biggest difference between the Wii, playstation, xbox? I would rather not have bloody gory type games. Their ages are 5-13. Any recommendations? I hear the Wii is family friendly.

That's probably your best bet, although there are family friendly games across the platforms, the activity level of the Wii would probably be the way to go for your children.

You should go to Best Buy or Circuit City and test them out yourself.

Flea
06-19-2007, 10:46 AM
Thanks JB!

mardigan
06-19-2007, 10:47 AM
Wii is by far the most family friendly. Its easy for young children to pick up, they have a variety of children and non-violent games, and its about 50 to 100 dollars cheaper than the 360, and about 300 less than the ps3. If I had kids, it would def be the console I purchased.
http://us.wii.com/

nkdlunch
06-19-2007, 10:59 AM
I heard there is a 20 month old baby kicking ass in wii tennis. that is awesome

Bear Grylls
06-19-2007, 11:16 AM
If you want your kids to turn out gay, go ahead and buy them a Wii.

360 is MUCH better than that joke of a game system.

nkdlunch
06-19-2007, 11:18 AM
yeah because the type of console they play will determine their sexual preference LOL

mardigan
06-19-2007, 11:19 AM
If you want your kids to turn out gay, go ahead and buy them a Wii.

360 is MUCH better than that joke of a game system.
Your an idiot

Bear Grylls
06-19-2007, 11:21 AM
Your an idiot

*You're*

mardigan
06-19-2007, 11:22 AM
*You're*
Oh snap, grammer corrections.

Bear Grylls
06-19-2007, 11:32 AM
Oh snap, grammer corrections.

Just dont call someone an idiot next time you fuck your grammer up in the same sentence.

Oh, and I take it you own a Wii?

hater
06-19-2007, 11:37 AM
the bill gates xbox dicksuckers are some dumb motherfuckers

mardigan
06-19-2007, 11:41 AM
Just dont call someone an idiot next time you fuck your grammer up in the same sentence.

Oh, and I take it you own a Wii?
Your is much easier to type
And yes I do
Also have owned a Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64 and Gamecube and none have turned me gay so far

Bear Grylls
06-19-2007, 11:42 AM
the bill gates xbox dicksuckers are some dumb motherfuckers

Go play your Wii, Nancy.

hater
06-19-2007, 11:45 AM
Go play your Wii, Nancy.

go jack off to your Bill Gates poster:
http://360east.com/blogfileupload/billgates.jpg

Bear Grylls
06-19-2007, 11:50 AM
go jack off to your Bill Gates poster:
http://360east.com/blogfileupload/billgates.jpg

I dont own a Wii, therefore I am not a queer.

NASpurs
06-19-2007, 01:51 PM

Oh, and I take it you own a Wii?It's GRAMMAR. Not grammer moron.

Bear Grylls
06-19-2007, 01:56 PM
It's GRAMMAR. Not grammer moron.

I fuck up all the time, and I could care less about anyone else who fucks up. But when someone calls you an idiot and then goes on to fuck up their grammer, I will call them out for that.

Spurminator
06-19-2007, 02:00 PM
Nothing says "I don't have a small penis" like video game console smack.

NASpurs
06-19-2007, 02:01 PM
I fuck up all the time, and I could care less about anyone else who fucks up. But when someone calls you an idiot and then goes on to fuck up their grammer, I will call them out for that.So he calls you an idiot because of your IDIOTIC statement yet all you can do is correct his spelling? You lose.

SpursWoman
06-19-2007, 02:07 PM

The WII would be great ... they can play their GameCube games on it and there are really good kid-oriented games. We got my son one for his birthday and he & his friends LOVE it. :)

I like the boxing the best ... it almost beats DDR as far as exer-gaming is concerned. :lol

Of course, my son is 10 ... should I start worrying about his sexual orientation now? :shootme

Bear Grylls
06-19-2007, 02:15 PM
So he calls you an idiot because of your IDIOTIC statement yet all you can do is correct his spelling? You lose.

Let me guess....

You also have a Wii?

Bear Grylls
06-19-2007, 02:17 PM
Of course, my son is 10 ... should I start worrying about his sexual orientation now? :shootme

If he is playing the Wii.... you should be very worried.

NASpurs
06-19-2007, 02:18 PM
Let me guess....

You also have a Wii?Let me guess....

Your parents can't afford to buy you one so all you do is shit on other people who can afford one.

Bear Grylls
06-19-2007, 02:22 PM
Let me guess....

Your parents can't afford to buy you one so all you do is shit on other people who can afford one.

Yeah, thats the problem.

I might have to go trade my 360 and PS3 in so I can get one of those fagtacular Wii consoles.

SpursWoman
06-19-2007, 02:28 PM
If he is playing the Wii.... you should be very worried.

I would think a man would have to be pretty insecure with his own manhood to worry that a video game console might make him want to switch teams.

*shrugs*

resistanze
06-19-2007, 04:29 PM
You're more likely to turn out gay if you find yourself arguing over the internet about the effect on sexual orientation a console supposedly has on children.

I own a PS2 and Xbox 360, but I still go over to my friend's house to play Wii. Very fun to play with 2-4 people and there's so much variety. Definitely get that for the kids.

dirk4mvp
06-19-2007, 07:38 PM
I like playing the Wii over at a friend's house. It's an ideal system for a group of people or young kids.

marini martini
06-19-2007, 09:38 PM
Nothing says "I don't have a small penis" like video game console smack.

Nothin says "I don't have a big penis" By how big your house is on top of a hill :toast

marini martini
06-19-2007, 09:40 PM
[QUOTE=marini martini]Nothin says "I don't have a big penis" By how big your house is on top of a hill :toast[/QUOTE

Nothin Says "I don't have a big penis" because of the car I drive :toast

Disregard NorCal, err "son"

marini martini
06-19-2007, 09:41 PM
God, I'm funny :downspin: :downspin: :downspin: :toast

sabar
06-20-2007, 03:39 AM
Ha, I'm probably the most hardcore gamer on here and I got a Wii.
The only real knock it has is that the game selection is crap right now, nothing but ports and first party titles.

And it isn't just for kids.

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/7/938877_86514_front.jpg

Sure it's like the 3rd re-release of RE4, but hey, it was a solid game. GCN had a couple REs too, Wii is getting Manhunt.

PS3/360 are wannabe PCs, the real gaming system. How the heck do people play FPS without a mouse/keyboard? Plus the RTS genre is completely non-existant. I don't like consoles much as a rule because it's just old PC technology in a box. You can buy a quad processor right now with a couple of 8800's running in parallel and 8gb of ram and it's already ahead of the next console generation.

Now on where to find a Wii, the best bet is online. Even in this small market city the Wii is pretty tough to find on shelves unless you walk in when they happen to arrive. If you really want to shop local, then ask them when their next shipment is and drive by when they open up on the way to work.

resistanze
06-20-2007, 10:36 AM
PS3/360 are wannabe PCs, the real gaming system. How the heck do people play FPS without a mouse/keyboard? Plus the RTS genre is completely non-existant. I don't like consoles much as a rule because it's just old PC technology in a box. You can buy a quad processor right now with a couple of 8800's running in parallel and 8gb of ram and it's already ahead of the next console generation.

Now on where to find a Wii, the best bet is online. Even in this small market city the Wii is pretty tough to find on shelves unless you walk in when they happen to arrive. If you really want to shop local, then ask them when their next shipment is and drive by when they open up on the way to work.

True, I still play games on PC, mostly FPS, though I still play these games on my consoles. But the bottom line is I can't play Metal Gear Solid, God of War, Halo, Ratchet and Clank, etc...on my PC.

As you said regarding game selection, buying a faster PC won't give you that. I mean, the PC always generally been faster than consoles. Did that mean in 1984 you should refuse to the buy the original NES because the IBM PC or Commodore 64 were faster?

Realistically, most people don't buy PCs with dual 8800GTX (one costs the same as a PS3) and 8gb of RAM. So technically, most people right now own 'old technology' in their PCs. But I personally wouldn't shell out $3500 to play games on my PC.

Heck, even the Wii is equivalent to a PC from 2001. The only console I can't recommend now is the PS3, cause I've only played it once at a friend's house, and their game selection is ass right now.