PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix fans take

foodie2
06-15-2007, 11:56 AM
Just for fun I just visited (just to read, never to post) the Phoenix message boards to see what the fans there thought of the Finals and the Spurs' win. The Finals thread is hilarious, especially the final pages where they are discussing the championship.

Phoenix Board, Finals thread (http://www.phxsuns.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=7699&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0)

MaNuMaNiAc
06-15-2007, 12:06 PM
I just can't bring myself to read all that shit. they're bitter pathetic pieces of shit! They can't accept the fact they got outplayed...

romain.star
06-15-2007, 12:07 PM
i never thought it could be that pathetic

beachbarbie948
06-15-2007, 12:09 PM
Again.......I cannot wait until the Suns win the championship next season and Stern has to present them with the trophy. It's going to be Mayhem!!!! He's going to get his head ripped off by the Phoenix fans. Then, Nash, Amare and Matrix are going to hoist the trophy to the chants of "Stern Sux, Stern Sux" It's going to be one of the most memorable moments of my life!!! I'll never forget it!

:lol

nkdlunch
06-15-2007, 12:14 PM
"Goo-bye Robert Horry, Goo-bye!
At least Horry's retiring. Won't have to deal with him anymore."

:lmao

should we break the news that Horry is not retiring? :lol

Strike
06-15-2007, 12:15 PM
They seem to be over the whole suspension thing. Now they're playing the "Spurs are boring" card.

Strike
06-15-2007, 12:16 PM
Again.......I cannot wait until the Suns win the championship next season and Stern has to present them with the trophy. It's going to be Mayhem!!!! He's going to get his head ripped off by the Phoenix fans. Then, Nash, Amare and Matrix are going to hoist the trophy to the chants of "Stern Sux, Stern Sux" It's going to be one of the most memorable moments of my life!!! I'll never forget it!

Too bad Matrix won't be there. :lol
Too bad the Suns won't win next year. :lol
Too bad the Suns are the biggest group of BITCHES in the league. :dramaquee

Darkwaters
06-15-2007, 12:18 PM
They seem to be over the whole suspension thing. Now they're playing the "Spurs are boring" card.

No, the suspensions are definitely still commonly discussed. They're still bitter over Amare's inability to control himself.

MisterWhodat
06-15-2007, 12:23 PM
Doesn't everyone. I'ts funny...

Money316
06-15-2007, 12:23 PM
Just for fun I just visited (just to read, never to post) the Phoenix message boards to see what the fans there thought of the Finals and the Spurs' win. The Finals thread is hilarious, especially the final pages where they are discussing the championship.

Phoenix Board, Finals thread (http://www.phxsuns.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=7699&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0)
More fucking sour grapes ...

http://www.sallyminker.com/art/2-d/images/grapes-print.jpg

spursfan09
06-15-2007, 12:29 PM
Everyone says that the Spurs aren't really hated, but it seems to me we got a great group of haters in phoenix, AZ. The great champions are usually hated, so thanks Sun fans for validating that!

BlackFlagg
06-15-2007, 12:29 PM
I wouldn't dare waste my time with that nonsense. I like joking around and talking smack as much as anyone, but these guys are pathetic. It's actually depressing, what they're putting themselves through.

Jeez...

ATRAIN
06-15-2007, 12:34 PM
hahahha damn they really do hate us......GOOD!!

florige
06-15-2007, 12:39 PM
"Goo-bye Robert Horry, Goo-bye!
At least Horry's retiring. Won't have to deal with him anymore."

should we break the news that Horry is not retiring? :lol

Nah let them wallow in their little wet dream. We'll break the news to them next season. :lol

peskypesky
06-15-2007, 12:42 PM
Suns fans have failed to explain one thing to me. They claim the suspensions of Stoudamire & Diaw are what cost them the series to the Spurs. But those players were only suspended for one, that's one, game. How do they explain the other THREE losses?
If the suspensions are the only reaon they lost to the "inferior" Spurs, shouldn't they have won the series 4-1?

ATRAIN
06-15-2007, 12:44 PM
anyone know where I can get a SUNS SUCK T-shirt with a SPUR on the U?

spursfan09
06-15-2007, 12:46 PM
Suns fans have failed to explain one thing to me. They claim the suspensions of Stoudamire & Diaw are what cost them the series to the Spurs. But those players were only suspended for one, that's one, game. How do they explain the other THREE losses?
If the suspensions are the only reaon they lost to the "inferior" Spurs, shouldn't they have won the series 4-1?

Yeah but they won't ever see it like that, for someone reason they believe they deserved the championship this year.

samikeyp
06-15-2007, 12:48 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

Jealousy is an ugly thing. :)

Don Quixote
06-15-2007, 12:52 PM
I, for one, enjoy the Phoenix Suns board. I mean there's comedy (slipping on a banana peel, "According to Jim," I'm told), there's high comedy ("Seinfeld," "Frasier"), and then there's off-the-charts comedy ("An Inconvenient Truth," Austin public-access cable TV).

I'd put Suns Fan in the third group. I'll be lurking there all summer, and if they ever let new people sign up again, I'll be posting there, mainly for the entertainment value.

word
06-15-2007, 12:53 PM
It's a convenient excuse. It beats saying, 'The Spurs are better than us, again.' blah blah blah ....They'll have another excuse next year. Champions don't make excuses. That's why they'll never be champions.

jag
06-15-2007, 12:55 PM
:lol

I read that too, it's absolutely hilarious...they sound like children.

BlackFlagg
06-15-2007, 12:58 PM

Never figured that one out either. I'm telling you, it's a sickness. Something in the water or something... :lol

Sheeddaman36
06-15-2007, 01:01 PM
Cav fans are worse

Solid D
06-15-2007, 01:07 PM
I spoke with a Suns fan today. She "hates" the Spurs now because of Horry and Bowen. She rooted for Utah and then rooted heartily for the Cavs.

BlackFlagg
06-15-2007, 01:08 PM
She rooted for Utah and then rooted heartily for the Cavs.

Man, her mood must really be sucking. :lol

Sheeddaman36
06-15-2007, 01:09 PM
They are plainly jealous because of your guys great success

Vito Corleone
06-15-2007, 01:09 PM
Quote:

^^^^^^^ :blah
Then he woke up from his wet dream!

This is the definition of delusional, a past tense reference to a future event that will never happen.

Let me see if I can do it too.

I can't wait til I have sex with six supermodels at one time its going to be great and something I will never forget. :smokin

Don Quixote
06-15-2007, 01:13 PM
hmm ... I like where this is going. I can't wait until next year, when I get alot of $$, and a car, and some chicks. And some nachos. It's going to be cool.

Don Quixote
06-15-2007, 01:14 PM
And a foursome with Scarlett Johanson, Jennifer Lopez, and Jessica Alba.

JMarkJohns
06-15-2007, 01:16 PM
They, at PhxSuns.net, are an exclusive group. Meaning they exclude themselves from real world banter with outspoken, non-homer Suns fans and other teams fans. This leads to a condition not unlike the "mob mentality" ... there are several good posters there, many just get drowned out by the overwelming homerism. No site is perfect, so I'm not going to say there's one better or not, but with everyone having the same opinion in general, things simmer for a lot longer.

Again, for their health and future enjoyment of the sport, they had best just let go and move on. For us Suns fans, it did suck. It sucked terribly. But instead of blaming those who had no other choice, they should be mad at the coaches who failed to confine them, if not the players (including Horry) who couldn't control themselves.

Stern and Co.'s only right was the worst possible wrong for the Suns.

It's the unfortunate truth for Suns fans, most of whom would rather delusion in a lie.

T Park
06-15-2007, 01:20 PM
Jmark, if all Suns fans were like you, they would still be my second favorite team.

BTW, tell your buddies there that are babbling about Marion hoisting the trophy, lol, he prob aint gonna be there

BeerIsGood!
06-15-2007, 01:21 PM
They, at PhxSuns.net, are an exclusive group. Meaning they exclude themselves from real world banter with outspoken, non-homer Suns fans and other teams fans. This leads to a condition not unlike the "mob mentality" ... there are several good posters there, many just get drowned out by the overwelming homerism. No site is perfect, so I'm not going to say there's one better or not, but with everyone having the same opinion in general, things simmer for a lot longer.

Again, for their health and future enjoyment of the sport, they had best just let go and move on. For us Suns fans, it did suck. It sucked terribly. But instead of blaming those who had no other choice, they should be mad at the coaches who failed to confine them, if not the players (including Horry) who couldn't control themselves.

Stern and Co.'s only right was the worst possible wrong for the Suns.

It's the unfortunate truth for Suns fans, most of whom would rather delusion in a lie.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/5b/fullj.getty-74165826cc171_nba_finals_ga_1_23_45_am.jpg

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/e8/fullj.getty-74165826cc170_nba_finals_ga_1_23_39_am.jpg

Don Quixote
06-15-2007, 01:21 PM
Good take, especially the allusion to mob rule. Liberals and members of religious cults can be that way too.

Suns Fan, of which my brother-in-law is one (he converted, inexplicably, from being a lifelong Spurs fan early this season) needs to let it go and deal with reality. Blaming Stern for their team's failure is stupid and is a symptom of this "persecution complex" they seem to have.

So bring it next year and we'll rumble in the playoffs. Until then, shut it!

ambchang
06-15-2007, 01:23 PM
The Suns forums are high comedy, really funny stuff. The constant banning of people who voices the slightest bit of disagree also shows that they know they can't argue with others, and elect to ignore instead of discuss.

JMarkJohns
06-15-2007, 01:24 PM
Jmark, if all Suns fans were like you, they would still be my second favorite team.

BTW, tell your buddies there that are babbling about Marion hoisting the trophy, lol, he prob aint gonna be there

I've never joined that site. I don't like their separatist ways. I like sites where people are free to express their opinions, not where the mob mentality beats dissenting voices into submission or bans them.

BeerIsGood, I'm farely certain Phoenix fans have a right to be mad at the excessive nature of Horry's foul. I'm not gonna rehash, but it, being labeled a flagrant type two, clearly shows the League doesn't tolerate such antics.

BeerIsGood!
06-15-2007, 01:26 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/5b/fullj.getty-74165826cc171_nba_finals_ga_1_23_45_am.jpg

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/e8/fullj.getty-74165826cc170_nba_finals_ga_1_23_39_am.jpg

People screwed up, people got suspended, but through it all the Spurs are Champions once again.

JMarkJohns
06-15-2007, 01:32 PM
People screwed up, people got suspended, but through it all the Spurs are Champions once again.

I talked sense, others stayed classy, but through it all you proved stupid once again.

Congrats, enjoy. Your team deserves it.

BlackFlagg
06-15-2007, 01:33 PM
I've never joined that site. I don't like their separatist ways. I like sites where people are free to express their opinions, not where the mob mentality beats dissenting voices into submission or bans them.

BeerIsGood, I'm farely certain Phoenix fans have a right to be mad at the excessive nature of Horry's foul. I'm not gonna rehash, but it, being labeled a flagrant type two, clearly shows the League doesn't tolerate such antics.

You have your head screwed on straight. One thing, though: The Horry foul sucked, but it wouldn't even be a footnote had ... well, you know. Not trying to rehash it either..

Still, thanks for the damage control. There are some decent Suns fans, and we've seen a few of them here.

BeerIsGood!
06-15-2007, 01:35 PM
I talked sense, others stayed classy, but through it all you proved stupid once again.

Congrats, enjoy. Your team deserves it.

Wow, nice to see you come out and insult me for absolutely no reason at all. You are a guest on a SPURS board, if the visual image of Robert Horry celebrating yet another Championship in a Spurs Uniform is repulsive to you... feel free to leave. No need to insult me in a ridiculous manner given you've never met me in your life. You're better than that.

Vito Corleone
06-15-2007, 01:37 PM

I personally thought the foul was not warranting flagrant 2, especially with some of the other fouls I saw in these playoffs. Horry's foul was noting compared to what Baron Davis did to DWill in the GS/Utah series.

The only reason Horry got a flagrant 2 was because it would look real bad to the league if the guy who lit the fuse in the whole event didn't get anything for his actions and the Suns lose two guys. Robert being out two games was a complete joke.

JMarkJohns
06-15-2007, 01:38 PM
There was no need for you to highlight a valid point of mine, then rub Horry's post-Title celebration in my face, not just once, but twice. I don't need to meet you to know you're not worth my better side.

You can't pull crap like that then expect me to be civil.

Like I said, enjoy.

WalterBenitez
06-15-2007, 01:38 PM
Imagine by John Lenon :lmao ...

BeerIsGood!
06-15-2007, 01:41 PM
There was no need for you to highlight a valid point of mine, then rub Horry's post-Title celebration in my face, not just once, but twice. I don't need to meet you to know you're not worth my better side.

You can't pull crap like that then expect me to be civil.

Like I said, enjoy.

Pull crap like what? I never referenced you at all because, frankly, you're not worth referencing. It wasn't a valid point, Horry's foul wasn't worthy of a flagrant 2. You mask your discontent fairly well most of the time, but in the end you are still a bitter Suns fan on here insulting me for no reason. If you don't like losing, find a better team to root for.

JMarkJohns
06-15-2007, 01:44 PM
I personally thought the foul was not warranting flagrant 2, especially with some of the other fouls I saw in these playoffs. Horry's foul was noting compared to what Baron Davis did to DWill in the GS/Utah series.

The only reason Horry got a flagrant 2 was because it would look real bad to the league if the guy who lit the fuse in the whole event didn't get anything for his actions and the Suns lose two guys. Robert being out two games was a complete joke.

The foul itself wasn't much different than the time James Posey body-checked Kirk Hinrich. It was deemed a flagrant type two and was given a suspension as well.

I'll agree about the two games instead of just one. It was only worth one, but like you said, he instigated something by it, therefore the League gave him two.

I didn't mention him to justify some Suns fans illogical positions, nor to place an asterisk by the Spurs Title. I mentioned Horry because he obviously lost his cool as well, just as Amare and Diaw did after. I mentioned in passing that they should blame the players for loosing control. Every player. Two Suns, one Spur. That's not to mention the blame I lay at the feet of the Suns coaches.

Xylus
06-15-2007, 01:45 PM
Though that topic is full of some pretty nasty things, on the whole, phxsuns.net is a good place to go for insight on the Suns and their opponents. There are homers, for sure, but several of their members have been Suns fans for decades and really know their stuff. And their news topics are more comprehensive than any other basketball forum I've seen. Though you guys are more open to letting fans of other teams join this place, the members of SpursTalk are just as xenophobic as any other forum.

As for my team, my hope is that the Suns organization doesn't freak out and start trading away players. I think we have the right mix right now. Had Stoudemire and Diaw not left the bench, it's likely there would have been a Game 7 in Phoenix and who knows how that would have gone. Point is, the current Suns team can compete with the Spurs, and with another year of experience under their belt, they might be able to pull it off.

It would be pretty sweet if we could keep Marion and just get rid of Diaw and Marcus Banks instead.

JMarkJohns
06-15-2007, 01:49 PM
Pull crap like what? I never referenced you at all because, frankly, you're not worth referencing.

Pure, unadulterated delusion (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1791967&postcount=33) ...

It wasn't a valid point, Horry's foul wasn't worthy of a flagrant 2.

The League said it was.

You mask your discontent fairly well most of the time, but in the end you are still a bitter Suns fan on here insulting me for no reason.

"Me thinks the lady doth protest too much..."
- Queen Gertrude, "HAMLET"

If you don't like losing, find a better team to root for.

LMAO...

DarrinS
06-15-2007, 01:51 PM
Someone should go here (I can't -- I'm banned)

http://arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?t=92129

and post a photo of Tim and Tony holding the trophies

samikeyp
06-15-2007, 01:52 PM
The League said it was.

The league said Diaw and Amare broke a rule but some Suns fans don't agree and in fact feel their players are above the rules.

You, however, are a pretty good Suns fan....some of your peers should take notice.

Xylus
06-15-2007, 01:55 PM

Why?

Why even bother being doing such an asshole thing?

JMarkJohns
The league said Diaw and Amare broke a rule but some Suns fans don't agree and in fact feel their players are above the rules.

That was my point. The same League that said Amare and Diaw broke the rules, said that Horry's foul was excessive. Can't have one way and not the other.

I except both. Being on the short end of the stick, that's alot. As evidensed by these reoccuring threads, there's aren't many who have.

Like I said above. Horry's foul was only really worth the type two label, and maybe a game. But because it was the springboard to much more, they came down a bit harder than normal.

Bigzax

same reason spurs fans think they were .4 away from a title in 2004.

Avitus1
06-15-2007, 02:10 PM
You would think they'd be use to be kicked out of the finals by now.

Vito Corleone
06-15-2007, 02:20 PM
That was my point. The same League that said Amare and Diaw broke the rules, said that Horry's foul was excessive. Can't have one way and not the other.

I except both. Being on the short end of the stick, that's alot. As evidensed by these reoccuring threads, there's aren't many who have.

Like I said above. Horry's foul was only really worth the type two label, and maybe a game. But because it was the springboard to much more, they came down a bit harder than normal.

Here is the difference.

The decision to suspend Amare and Diaw was based on them breaking a very black and white rule. There is no space for judgement with that rule. It is what it is.

The decision to give Horry a Flagrant 2 and suspend him 2 games was and always will be a judgement call by the league. Go back and look at what Baron Davis did to D-Will in the GS/Utah series. You will see a much more violent and dangerous foul than the one Horry did. But Davis got a flagrant 1 and an ejection, nothing more. The big difference was no one from the Jazz was dumb enough to escalate it like the Suns players did. the stupidity of the Suns players forced the league to be more harsh on Horry than was warranted.

ambchang
06-15-2007, 02:22 PM
Here is the difference.

The decision to suspend Amare and Diaw was based on them breaking a very black and white rule. There is no space for judgement with that rule. It is what it is.

The decision to give Horry a Flagrant 2 and suspend him 2 games was and always will be a judgement call by the league. Go back and look at what Baron Davis did to D-Will in the GS/Utah series. You will see a much more violent and dangerous foul than the one Horry did. But Davis got a flagrant 1 and an ejection, nothing more. The big difference was no one from the Jazz was dumb enough to escalate it like the Suns players did. the stupidity of the Suns players forced the league to be more harsh on Horry than was warranted.
I believe that was exactly what JMarksJohn was referring to. Horry's flagrant did not deserve a 2 game, but you also have to consider that there was altercation AFTER the flagrant. I believe that was what got Horry the 2 games.

ancestron
06-15-2007, 03:06 PM

I Did it.

go check it out

Don Quixote
06-15-2007, 03:11 PM
you rock!

tsb2000
06-15-2007, 03:38 PM
You've got no idea how much the Suns fans hate us. All I've got today in my office is jeers and people saying "you're welcome," thinking they should have won that series. Of course, my office is all decked out in silver and black (AND GOLD!) today!

With that, I definitely feel the Spurs' dynasty has been validated- and all the media is now calling the Spurs the "Yankees of Basketball."

Personally, I call BS on that- the Yankees haven't won since 2000-the Spurs have won three times since then! :lol

Sweetey
06-16-2007, 12:19 PM
Why?

Why even bother being doing such an asshole thing?
Because Suns' fans ARE all ASSHOLES and CRYBABIES !!

Strike
06-16-2007, 12:27 PM

So am I. What does yours say when you try to go there?

Mine says this:
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Strike
06-16-2007, 12:30 PM
I Did it.

go check it out

Thank you.

JoeTait75
06-16-2007, 12:39 PM
Stoudamire and Diaw left the bench, and not by a few steps: Stoudamire was all the way up to the scorer's table. It's a ten-year old rule, and they clearly broke it. Debate the wisdom of the rule till the cows come home, but it is what it is, and everyone knows about it.

It's the playoffs. Guys are going to get knocked down. It isn't about Stern or the Spurs- it's about the Suns' inability to handle the physical element of playoff basketball. They need to man up.

OldDirtMcGirt
06-16-2007, 01:46 PM
Stoudamire and Diaw left the bench, and not by a few steps: Stoudamire was all the way up to the scorer's table. It's a ten-year old rule, and they clearly broke it. Debate the wisdom of the rule till the cows come home, but it is what it is, and everyone knows about it.

It's the playoffs. Guys are going to get knocked down. It isn't about Stern or the Spurs- it's about the Suns' inability to handle the physical element of playoff basketball. They need to man up.

Actually, we handled the physical element quite well. If you remember game four was a really tough, hard fought game that we came out on top in. I never really saw that as a big issue.

dbreiden83080
06-16-2007, 02:50 PM
It is funny The Suns had such respect and admiration for us at the start of the year and now it is just lots of bitter hatred by both the players and the fans.

word
06-16-2007, 03:48 PM
I think they should change the rules and call it 'The Suns Rule'.

Only game 5 counts in a 7 game series.

Darkwaters
06-16-2007, 04:53 PM
http://www.lasraicesranch.com/images/misc/trophy.gif

I like this pic that was posted at that suns website.

SAGambler
06-16-2007, 06:02 PM
Suns fans just need to STFU....Especially as long as they have this guy on the team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCWd-mmDRZQ&mode=related&search=

Johnny RIngo
06-16-2007, 07:31 PM
Fuck the S0NS. Those whiny pieces of shit will never win a ring.

Darkwaters
06-16-2007, 08:17 PM
Suns fans just need to STFU....Especially as long as they have this guy on the team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCWd-mmDRZQ&mode=related&search=

Raja Bell is a bitch. I can't believe the Suns fans could throw around those "dirty" tags all day long while singing this guy's praises at the same time.

ancestron
06-20-2007, 02:52 PM
Wow. They will ban you if you even say "Spurs" over there. What a bunch of over-sensitive little dick bitches. I'm just trying to have some fun, its not like any of us actually play on these teams. Before this years playoffs I actually liked the Suns a little bit. I mean you gotta admit they are entertaining during the regular season in those 300+ point triple over time games where, if someone says "defense" its met with a confused look and a "wha?"
I tried logging in today and it said -
You have been Banned.
Reason: Spurs troll
Date ban will be lifted: Never
I think I made 2 posts. I hate Phoenix now and I hope the suns lose every game and Nash breaks his ankle and Stoudemire blows his knee out again. Fuck those people.

td4mvp3
06-20-2007, 03:24 PM
i think folks concentrate too much on the horry foul and credit it for all of the suns' frustrations. they think they should have won this year and probably smack around a couple of puppies thinking about how close they got this year and how it may be all over. the horry thing is just, in their mind, the clearest example of a league set against them and maybe even fate: game one, under a minute, tight game ... and their court leader can't get a freaking bandage to work right for his nose, they lose. game two, cruelest trick of all, they demolish their hated rivals by 20. suns play well game three but can't keep amare on the floor for some reason (starts with a d -- which of course amare is unfamiliar with -- rhymes with dunkin') so they barely lose (plus bowen knees nash mercilessly, which could have been something). then the game four debacle and a game 5 so close, fans could smell the victory. this year, more than any other aside from when the barkley era met the jordan era in the finals, was just grief wrapped in disappointment with a cute little bow of disgust.

td4mvp3
06-20-2007, 03:27 PM
do you think there will be added security for the first regular season game?

ancestron
06-20-2007, 04:56 PM
Kudos to whoever put the GIF of Steve Nash with the retard face being checked by Horry on their MB. lol. very nice.

z0sa
06-20-2007, 05:11 PM
I spoke with a Suns fan today. She "hates" the Spurs now because of Horry and Bowen. She rooted for Utah and then rooted heartily for the Cavs.

wow three disappointments in a row. are you sure she didnt slit her wrists?

Xolotl
06-20-2007, 06:02 PM
Wow they're still really pissed lol