fred33
06-15-2007, 01:19 PM
Dreams Do Come True
by Martin C. Sumners
Posted Jun 15 2007 4:23AM
Print E-mail RSS Feeds E-News Sign Up Share on Facebook

Finals MVP's

Tony Parker's Top 10 Finals Plays of 2007
The top 10 plays of The Finals from 2007 Finals MVP Tony Parker.
Postgame Press Conference: MVP Tony Parker
Tony Parker of the Spurs talks to the media after Game 4 against the Cavaliers.
Nathaniel S. Butler/NBAE/Getty Images
Tony Parker holds the Larry O' Brien trophy and his MVP trophy.
E-mail photo|Buy photos

CLEVELAND, June 14 -- Dreams do come true. Ask Tony Parker, the 2007 NBA Finals MVP.
"This was a far, far, very far dream," said Parker.

Moments earlier, Eva Longoria, Parker's more famous fiancée, ran onto the floor and jumped into his arms. They clung to each other, looking as if they were drowning and hanging on to each other for dear life. But the only danger they had of drowning Thursday night was drowning in the Champagne celebration later in the locker room.

The day before winning The Finals, Parker still had his doubts about possibly winning a MVP.

"That would be unbelievable," said Parker. "But I still think Timmy is going to get it because he's our franchise and he's a superstar. But if they want to change, why not? But still -- I'm joking. But still, there's one more game, and if we win the championship, I'll be very happy with that. And if it happened, I'd be the first one to be very happy."

Parker made history in this Finals as he is the first European to win the Finals MVP.

Parker enjoyed the moment with his father, brother, and an entourage filled with Frenchmen, including Thierry Henry, the great French striker.

"It's amazing, so amazing," said Henry.

His father, Tony Parker Sr. -- a former professional player in France -- was, at halftime, reluctant to discuss the matter when MVP talk was raised.

"No comment until it's over," said the elder Parker. "But with regard to the team, he's doing his part. That's the Spurs' way. But I never take anything for granted.

"But I will say, if you are optimistic and live in a cultural where kids have the ability to dream to want to be good, why not. Put your best foot forward, anything can happen and not just in basketball, but whatever you want to do.

"Talk to me after the game and hopefully I will have a lot to say."

And, indeed he did.

As Parker received his MVP award, the proud papa beamed.

"Wheeeeeeeeew," shouted the elder Parker, "This is the best! This is the third time. He has played in two All-Stars. The way he has been educated. He has a good heart. Eva was in the stands saying, 'Tony should win it (MVP).'"

Then Parker Sr. shouts to a security official to let Manu Ginobli's wife to come to the podium on the court where the celebration is going on.

After that, Chris Paul of the New Orleans Hornets embraces Mr., Parker and tells him he'll be at the wedding this summer in France.

"I'm very happy for Tony," said Paul. "I met him a few years ago, I try to even play like him and we talk all the time.

Parker was whisked away to the locker room to enjoy the moment with his teammates alone for a few minutes, while Eva waited with her #9 blinged out necklace.

"I am overwhelmed," said Longoria. "I was lucky to experience 2005 but this is special."

Photo shoots, more media questions to be asked and answered filled the next hour or so before the team bus departed into the darkness.

"This is going on my trophy shelf," said Parker.

And that's just another one of Parker's good moves.

spursfan09
06-15-2007, 01:23 PM
:king I love Tony Parker.

MadDog73
06-15-2007, 02:58 PM
Tony deserves it.

Spurs now have:

The best point guard in the NBA.
The best defender in the NBA: Bruce Bowen
The best 6th man in the NBA: Manu Ginobili
The best all around player in the NBA (both offense and defense): Tim Duncan.

Spurs are indeed the best team in the NBA.

hater
06-15-2007, 02:59 PM
best coach in the nba
best shooting coach in the nba

and next year best rookie in the NBA Luis Scola