PDA

View Full Version : Rafer Alston quitting?

T Park
12-04-2004, 12:44 AM
Rafer Alston was just shown in a post game news conference saying,

"I dont think im a good fit for this team, for this game, for this LEAGUE"

"I think I may take some time off and just look at stuff"

Are you kidding me??

WTF is going on there??!?!?

exstatic
12-04-2004, 02:09 AM
Ricky Williams disease. Didn't Skip to ma Lou play in Miami last year? Must be something in the water.

I'm tired of these whiney ass babies. They ball for what, 6 months a year, and they need time off to "just look at stuff"? Shouldn't that be what you're doing with that other 6 months? WTF?

timvp
12-04-2004, 02:12 AM
Toronto Raptors coach Sam Mitchell benched Loren Woods and Rafer Alston after each was charged with technical fouls against the Boston Celtics on Friday night, and Alston said he might not want to come back at all.

"We were playing well, moving the ball, and we had semi-control of the game. Then two of our players' immaturity showed up," Mitchell said after the 91-89 loss at Boston. "I didn't even want to look at them. It was inexcusable how they conducted themselves."

Toronto led by nine points at the start of the third, but Boston had cut it to six when Woods was called for two quick fouls in the final two minutes of the quarter. Alston objected by throwing the ball downcourt, resulting in the first technical.

Woods chimed in and got a technical of his own. Paul Pierce made just one of the technical foul shots, but Boston continued to close the gap and took the lead early in the fourth, with Alston and Woods out of the game.

"We could have used them both, but I wasn't going to let either one of them back in the game," Mitchell said. "These guys cannot conduct themselves like that in front of 19,000 people and get rewarded by playing. You cannot do your coaches and teammates like that."

Woods was repentant, saying, "I let the emotions get the best of me. I lost it, and I lost the game for us."

But Alston said he wanted to take some time to think about his career.

"It's tough right now for me," he said. "I'm going to talk to Sam and (general manager Rob Babcock). I think it's time. I'm tired of getting into it with my teammates and my coaches. I don't know if I'm a good fit for this team and I don't know if I'm a good fit for this league.

"I'm going to take some time off. I might not even play the rest of the season."

Mitchell said neither would start Saturday's game against Cleveland, "without a doubt."

"I don't know when they will be back in," the coach said. "We are supposed to be professionals. Nobody has the right to do that in a close game. They embarrassed themselves and the Toronto Raptors."

:wow

mattyc
12-04-2004, 02:24 AM
Crazy. This guy has worked so hard to become a full-time NBA player, and now he is considering bascially throwing it away? :rolleyes

timvp
12-04-2004, 02:32 AM
Didn't T Park and Sequ want the Spurs to sign Rafer Alston?

exstatic
12-04-2004, 02:55 AM
He'd probably be a'ight if he dosed up on Prozac.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-04-2004, 03:02 AM
"They embarrassed themselves and the Toronto Raptors."

The Toronto Raptors organization is doing a pretty damn good job of that themselves with all these shaky pickups.

Ghost Writer
12-04-2004, 10:40 AM
First I lose Stephen Jackson and Ron Artest off my fantasy team and now I might lose Rafer Alston, too?

I might become Anti-Balla like the rest of y'all.

CHAMPS AGAIN
12-04-2004, 10:49 AM
:cry
:wow
If ALSTON wants to quit go ahead but you won't get paid and he will reconsider I was justing kiddinG. Some spurs fan think he is better point guard than TONY PARKER.

boutons
12-04-2004, 11:44 AM
Rafer Alston, the cheap-shot, preening, whining, street balla needs to take himself, dirty Eddie Jones, whiny/move-me Vince Carter, Carmarshmelo, and all their bitchy punk ilk out of the NBA go back play street/playground ball in the projects/playgrounds and prison courts.

The NBA would be a much better league and the black race would be much better represented on the inter/national stage and a much better example to young people by the tons of decent, superb black players who remain and who have preceded the current generation of Rafers.

T Park
12-04-2004, 11:46 AM
Yeah i did Timvp,

the guy is another in the line of punk gangsters this league is full of.

million dollar tallent 10 cent head, ala JR Rider, Ron Artest, Rasheed Wallace and others.

I wanted the kid cause it looked like hed grown up AND he showed he could be apart of a winning organization.

Obviously not.

But dont bring that weak, "Didnt they want him" Of course, he was IMO the best backup point guard available.

ChumpDumper
12-04-2004, 01:09 PM
He probably would have fewer problems in SA since it's not a team full of cancers -- would be more like Miami last season. He'll make good trade bait.

herbivore female
12-04-2004, 01:27 PM
tpark, how are these guys gangsters?

because they do something the media brings to your attention that isn't a food drive?

because they listen to rap music?

i just want to know how you know these men, who are all black, are gangsters?

oh and ps that weak "didn't they want him" is pretty strong actually, you wanted him and now look at him.

go play with the tonka trucks. and maybe you should have your "fiance" help you with your comebacks.

ducks
12-04-2004, 01:28 PM
ron will be next

ShoogarBear
12-04-2004, 02:32 PM
The NBA would be a much better league and the black race would be much better represented on the inter/national stage and a much better example to young people by the tons of decent, superb black players who remain and who have preceded the current generation of Rafers.

Talk about playing the race card.

When did Rafer or anybody else mention anything about being black having to do with it? Yet somehow you felt compelled to drag out the hoary antebellum "good black vs. bad black" lecture.

Y'know, I hope that the white youth of America don't follow the examples of cheaters like Jason Giambi and Ken Caminit and Mark McGwire, but instead behave like the dozens of good, upstanding white players in the league. Baseball would be much better for it. Oh, wait, that sounds really, really stupid, doesn't it?

Thanks, though, saying the truth about what people really mean when they take shots at the NBA.

Jimcs50
12-04-2004, 03:07 PM
Ghost, "ballas" have no or very little character, hence the name, they are just out for themselves for the most part and the reason why mainstream America can not stand the NBA. They are the reason why so many Americans wanted our Olympic team to lose, they are ruining the sport. Ballas are not for the team, they are all about themselves, selling themselves, showboating for the cameras and getting on ESPN play of the day. Once you GET that, you will be a happier individual, and you will respect the sport, the Spurs' players, and Pop and what they represent.

I think you need to grow up, actually, you are a white middle class honky, you are not a man with any street cred whatsoever, so stop acting like it.

T Park
12-04-2004, 03:09 PM
Mark McGwire

yeah would wnat kids to grow up donating millions of dollars to sexually and phiscally abused children, or giving time in the community to the less fortunate like he did.

Heaven forbid. Lets hope they grow up like Ben Wallace, right?

Jimcs50
12-04-2004, 03:10 PM
Mark cheated, he should not have any records.

T Park
12-04-2004, 03:12 PM
how are these guys gangsters?

JR RIder?? Rasheed Wallace?? RON ARTEST??

They are punk gangsters, and im gonna throw another in lefty, mr Allen Iverson.

Total disrespecting piles of shit.

JR RIder is the perfect example of million dollar tallent and five cent head.

They are gangsters because they act like em, they talk like em, and walk like em genius.

Fuck you, for standing up for these loosers.

THe NBA would be better served with more Tim Duncans, Grant Hills, Tony Parkers, Shane Battiers, Ray Allens.

Quality good guys who give back, and arent an embarassment.

So while, Herbivore, you like to BS, and talk big, and act like a dumbfuck,

i could care less about "bringing a good take"

this isnt the Jim Rome show numbnuts, Im stating a fact.

The NBA would be better off, if they screened the character of there players like the San Antonio Spurs do.

PERIOD!

T Park
12-04-2004, 03:14 PM
Mark cheated

got proof??

Thats what all the Icemans have been sayin about Barry Bonds.

Theres no proof Mcgwire did, look at pictures of his brothers and father.

They are all naturally big guys.

But of course, that wouldnt fit into you or anyone elses jackass agenda.

SequSpur
12-04-2004, 03:34 PM
Didn't T Park and Sequ want the Spurs to sign Rafer Alston?

Ummmm... I don't really know who he is. I think I asked Kori if he was decent and she said yes I believe, so I said sign him up.

But it wadn't me.

Ghost Writer
12-04-2004, 04:25 PM
Jimmy, who were the "ballas" on the last Team USA that caused them to lose? I can only think of Iverson.

One good thing about having at least one "balla" on any given team is that they have a knack for stepping up instead of cowering under pressure.

These are all grand generalizations, like me thinking you are just a little freakin' Rican from San Antonio that's not worth the soggy napkin under my martini.

Now go mow my lawn, Jimmy.

SequSpur
12-04-2004, 04:26 PM
Jimmy doesn't live in SA. Try again.

Kori Ellis
12-04-2004, 04:28 PM
:flipoff Alston and Jack ruining my fantasy teams.

:cuss

Ghost Writer
12-04-2004, 04:31 PM
Am I confusing Jimmy with you, Sequ?

:lol

SequSpur
12-04-2004, 04:33 PM
Probably Not, I believe in the Balla theory, actually... Sometimes, Pop's teams are a little to "NICE".... However, I don't believe in going into the stands either.

Kori Ellis
12-04-2004, 04:34 PM
Sequ -- are you coming to the GTG?

SequSpur
12-04-2004, 04:39 PM
I want to. My daughter has a function at 6, then after that, I was going to head on over, I need to call my wife and find out what the deal is with the mom n law.... I am planning on it, might be a little late though.

Jimcs50
12-04-2004, 06:02 PM
Good to have you back Ghost.

:)

It is so easy getting you all riled up.

Jimcs50
12-04-2004, 06:04 PM
BTW, I make at least 10 thousand a year, so you must have some expensive cocktail napkins.:)

Jimcs50
12-04-2004, 06:06 PM
Ghost, how much will you pay me to mow your lawn? I am looking to earn some extra cash so I can get a nice present for wife.

Ghost Writer
12-04-2004, 06:08 PM
:lol

I have lessened on my instantance on a balla on the Spurs in light of Jackson and Artest, two of my favorite players, snapping and hurting their teams.

I am hoping that my man Brent Barry can bring the fire and Devin Brown can bring the athleticism and Parker can bring the vocal leadership that the team was misisng last year.

T Park
12-04-2004, 07:32 PM
what other ballas??

Stephon Marbury, Carmello Anthony.

Hows that.

RobinsontoDuncan
12-04-2004, 09:38 PM
yeah would wnat kids to grow up donating millions of dollars to sexually and phiscally abused children, or giving time in the community to the less fortunate like he did.

also how can you say he cheated, he openly admitted during 1998, when it was legal, that he used androtestorine when he worked out, i dont consider that cheating, berry bonds lieing about his use which he obviously got a huge boost from is worse in my opinion, after all he got so much better after he was 35 that isnt a very normal thing.

RobinsontoDuncan
12-04-2004, 09:40 PM
what other ballas??

Stephon Marbury, Carmello Anthony.

Hows that.

look carmelo anthony is not a "balla" he is a good player who has had some other people around him latley that have made bad disicions, i remember watching him at syracuse, the kid did evrything he was asked and always did it with a smile on his face.

ShoogarBear
12-04-2004, 09:54 PM

Yeah, it'd be terrible if kids grew up like Ben Wallace . . . let's see now . . . , hmm, what about him do you find so objectionable, I wonder?

sickdsm
12-05-2004, 02:10 PM
THe NBA would be better served with more Tim Duncans, Grant Hills, Tony Parkers, Shane Battiers, Ray Allens.

Quality good guys who give back, and arent an embarassment.

I seem to recall you and lots of others on here last year calling Ray a bitch, saying him and Hedo share purses, etc...... Nice to see you stick up for him now.