PDA

View Full Version : A good game, but an ugly one....credit to the Spurs

FearDaFro
12-04-2004, 01:11 AM
The Pistons reminded my of the old Pistons on defense tonight. On offense, not so much. We missed about 6 contested layups, and about 7 uncontested layups. Certainly wasn't a pretty site.

Spurs won by 3, which is about what I expected. I do think the old Piston defense is back though, we should rip off a nice winning streak. You guys were a nice warm-up. The Pistons needed a legit threat like San Antonio to get them focused again.

I wish Billups hadn't committed those dumb fouls early on, or else maybe we wouldn't have to dig ourselves out of a 20-point hole......Billups can't guard Parker, but Parker can't guard Billups either.

Lindsey Hunter causes a lot of havoc out there. It was the first time in a month we've been able to bring him, Delfino and Dice off the bench in tandem. We're so much better when Dice is playing 6th man.

Rasheed's elbow was hurting, but that's no excuse. He did play great D on Duncan, as usual.

Even though we lost, I really enjoyed tonight. The Pistons don't get a chance to really test themselves like this very often.

What team is the best? I suppose we'll see come June.....looking forward to the rematch in March. Hopefully Delfino won't be as green by then.

T Park
12-04-2004, 01:14 AM
but Parker can't guard Billups either.

Funny, Parker looked like he was holding his own against him in the 3rd quarter pretty well, especially at the end of the game where billups to it to the hole on Parker and Parker stood right in front of him preventing a good shot of any kind.

the bad Parker defense has become such a myth its not even funny.

ChumpDumper
12-04-2004, 01:57 AM
I lost a bit of respect for Billups tonight -- he was flopping like a mackrel out there.

whottt
12-04-2004, 06:29 AM
I lost a bit of respect for Billups tonight -- he was flopping like a mackrel out there.

Billups was an amateur compared to some of the flopping Ben Wallace did LMAO. He's the only guy in the world that gets hurt on a Parker tear drop.

I wouldn't be so quick to put down a good flopper either...Manu just might be the best flopper in the NBA.

whottt
12-04-2004, 06:30 AM
Billups can't guard Parker, but Parker can't guard Billups either.

That's great...your veteran Finals MVP pulls a draw with our 22 year old PG.

Hopefully Delfino won't be as green by then.

Our Argentinian is better than yours.

Manu= the original
Delfino= the copy

FearDaFro
12-04-2004, 10:43 AM
Billups was an amateur compared to some of the flopping Ben Wallace did LMAO. He's the only guy in the world that gets hurt on a Parker tear drop.

I wouldn't be so quick to put down a good flopper either...Manu just might be the best flopper in the NBA.

as opposed to DUncan, the "walking offensive foul?" LOL

You do realize that if Duncan hadn't thrown Ben Wallace to the ground with his left arm on that dunk attemp, that Ben would have swatted it back in his face.....

Not to Mention Duncan sets more illigal screens than the rest of the NBA combined....

all semantics, I suppose......

ShoogarBear
12-04-2004, 10:50 AM
The Spurs were sending a message until the fourth quarter.

With the comeback, though, the Pistons have to believe that they are essentially toe-to-toe with the Spurs. We'll see what happens in Detroit.

whottt
12-04-2004, 01:55 PM
You do realize that if Duncan hadn't thrown Ben Wallace to the ground with his left arm on that dunk attemp, that Ben would have swatted it back in his face.....

You do realize that, foul or not, Wallace got his ass dunked upon like few people in history.

Wallace will have nightmares about that dunk for the rest of his life. That dunk will live on...and the fact that it was on Wallace is only going to keep it in peoples memories.

Don't even try to excuse that dunk...I wouldn't if it had happened to us...a dunk like that should be respected for the high art that it was.

boutons
12-04-2004, 02:06 PM
"Manu= the original" 3rd year in NBA

"Delfino= the copy" 4 weeks in NBA (including injury time)

I saw Delfino make a series of very varied offensive moves, in rather rapid series of possesions, a few weeks ago, that were draw-dropping. Give him 2 or 3 years to get acclimatized to NBA play, and I expect him to be starting or 6th man and in very high demand.

Kori Ellis
12-04-2004, 02:08 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20041204/capt.sad10212040222.pistons_spurs_sad102.jpg

whottt
12-04-2004, 02:10 PM
"Manu= the original" 3rd year in NBA

"Delfino= the copy" 4 weeks in NBA (including injury time)

Believe it or not, the original is around before the copy most of the time. I've always been amazed at how that works.

Drachen
12-04-2004, 02:13 PM
I was at work getting my ass kicked last night, and couldnt see the game, please tell me someone has a clip of the dunk!!

ShoogarBear
12-04-2004, 02:15 PM
I was at work getting my ass kicked last night

Ah, so you and Big Ben have something in common!

Drachen
12-04-2004, 02:19 PM
:lol

smeagol
12-04-2004, 02:30 PM
Believe it or not, the original is around before the copy most of the time. I've always been amazed at how that works.

Quit this original, copy BS.

Manu is a hell of a player now, but I agree with buttons, Carlos will be a in high demand in two or three years.

whottt
12-04-2004, 05:34 PM
Quit this original, copy BS.

Manu is a hell of a player now, but I agree with buttons, Carlos will be a in high demand in two or three years.

Manu > Delfino

smeagol
12-04-2004, 05:36 PM
Manu > Delfino
You are preaching to the Choir . . .

T Park
12-04-2004, 07:35 PM
if you clothes your eyes

Delfino seems like a more under control Manu circa 02 03.

Delfino MIGHT have a little bit better shot.

RobinsontoDuncan
12-04-2004, 09:23 PM
yeah he does have the better shot, however manu's defense as well as his ability to penetrate and finish around the basket make him good

ALVAREZ6
12-04-2004, 11:07 PM
Our Argentinian is better than yours.

Manu= the original
Delfino= the copy

Don't diss Delfino. :fro

whottt
12-05-2004, 01:14 AM
Um. I'm sorry if my fandom isn't wrapped in the Argentinian national flag...I said nothing that was false.

Manu>Delfino
Manu is the original
And our Argentinian is better than theirs.

In the future I hope you guys will try to be real basketball fans instead of fans of convenience whose rooting interest is based on a players country of origin. You country has enough players in the NBA to where you should be able to do it...

Because Delfino is the enemy if you are a Spur fan and I have no desire to be politically correct in my basketball rooting.

And smeagol...I'm a little bit disappointed in you...I'd think you realize he, Delfino, like the rest of the Pistons, is trying to steal "the precious" and treat him like the fat hobbit that he is :)

We wants it back!

That is all :)

smeagol
12-05-2004, 01:29 AM
And smeagol...I'm a little bit disappointed in you...
Not sure why I disappointed you.

All I said is that Delfino is not a copy of Manu; he is a good player in his own right and he will only get better.

But Manu>>>>>Delfino. No question about that.

And i'm a SpursFan, no question about that either.

Because Delfino is the enemy if you are a Spur fan

Hey, if DET or CHI win (and they are not beating the Spurs) it makes me happy. i.e., Delfino and Nocioni are only the enemy when they play against the Spurs.

In any case, I'm happy. I just saw the game, which I had TIVOed, and damn, the Spurs are on a roll!

The ball movement was exquisite!

whottt
12-05-2004, 01:42 AM
Not sure why I disappointed you.
It sounded good to say.

All I said is that Delfino is not a copy of Manu; he is a good player in his own right and he will only get better.

But Manu>>>>>Delfino. No question about that.

And i'm a SpursFan, no question about that either.

There can only be 1 Elvis.

Hey, if DET or CHI win (and they are not beating the Spurs) it makes me happy. i.e., Delfino and Nocioni are only the enemy when they play against the Spurs.

Having a secondary rooting interest for if your main team is eliminated is fine. ...I often have one myself.

In any case, I'm happy. I just saw the game, which I had TIVOed, and damn, the Spurs are on a roll!

The ball movement was exquisite!

Try and help Alvarez get it would you ..and boutons while you are at it.

My thanks smeagol :)

smeagol
12-05-2004, 02:03 AM
My thanks smeagol :)
Don't mention it, Bro.

samikeyp
12-05-2004, 10:18 AM
Duncan is big but I doubt that he is so strong to be able to throw Ben Wallace to the floor. That was a great game by two great teams....why ruin it with excuses? I am a big fan of Ben Wallace but he got dunked on. Duncan didn't do anything different than anybody else in the NBA on that shot. Hell, TD has been dunked on before...you deal with it and you move on.