PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Spurs

PacerFan
06-15-2007, 04:24 PM
Thank you for drilling Cleveland. I am obviously not a Spur fan by any stretch of the imagination, I love the Indiana Pacers, but live in Ohio. With the Cavs having success lately the bandwagon fans here are out of control, and the message boards are borderline absurd. I would like to post a few exchanges, I figured you guys could use a few good laughs. For the record I am "JackHammer" on this board.

JackHammer

Registered: Apr 2005 Posted June 15th, 2007 12:19 AM IP Reply with quote Cav fans, take notice. Your 2-0 regular season win total means nothing Vs the Spurs. This isn't Dallas and this isn't November. The Spurs are the best team of the decade in any sport, after this series comments like "I would rather face the Spurs than the Suns" look all the more stupid. That said, congrats to the Cavs on a fine season.

jake
Administrator

Registered: Jun 2005 Posted June 15th, 2007 12:23 AM IP Reply with quote
No, it doesn't really look stupid. It's still about matchups. While SA did win in 4, the difference was 9, 11, 3, and 1. Phoenix and Dallas would run Cleveland off the floor.

jake
Administrator

Registered: Jun 2005 Posted June 15th, 2007 12:27 AM IP Reply with quote Jack, let's also remember the true MVP of this year's playoffs; Robert Horry. Just like 1984 when McHale laid out Rambis, goon-like plays tend to swing things. I rather see a team truly win on skill, and not resort to those tactics.

Captain Jack Sparrow
All-District

Registered: Apr 2007 Posted June 15th, 2007 12:31 AM IP Reply with quote Jake....GREAT points...Jackhammer..thanks for the "fine season" remark, but not too sure i can take it seriously..Im pretty sure a lot of Cavs fans realize 2-0 in the reg. season is nothing..Detroit was 3-1 VS Cleveland in the Reg Season!

And yeah i would have rather faced the Suns then the Spurs without a doubt.

With that all said..Congrats the to Cavs on a great, fun season...proving people, especially Jackhammer wrong as every passing day went on...you are the 2nd place team in the entire NBA

Follow that up with a big Thanks Jim Paxson for giving up a first round pick for ******* Jiri Welch...i could very well jump off of a cliff right now!!!!

XBellevueplayar

Registered: Oct 2005 Posted June 15th, 2007 06:11 AM IP Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post

Quote:
JackHammer wrote:
Cav fans, take notice. Your 2-0 regular season win total means nothing Vs the Spurs. This isn't Dallas and this isn't November. The Spurs are the best team of the decade in any sport, after this series comments like "I would rather face the Spurs than the Suns" look all the more stupid. That said, congrats to the Cavs on a fine season.

jake was right on about matchups. coming in it appeared the Spurs play was a better fit for us coming out with a ring. Then Suns up and down the court style would have hurt us with Z not getting back to play any kind of defense. Your "fine season remark is over shadowed by the first few lines of your post where it simply appears that your taking a shot at Cavs fans simply because they felt "the matchups" were in favor in this series rather than facing Dallas or the Suns.

Go Cavs!!!

CEO Vogel
All-American

Registered: Mar 2005 Posted June 15th, 2007 09:59 AM IP Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post

Quote:
JackHammer wrote:
Cav fans, take notice. Your 2-0 regular season win total means nothing Vs the Spurs.

It doesn't mean much when the Cavs 2nd best player is INJURED.

Sit Tony Parker or Tim Duncan, whomever you think the Spurs 2nd best player is on the bench this entire series and you tell me what these games would look like.

CEO Vogel
All-American

Registered: Mar 2005 Posted June 15th, 2007 10:01 AM IP Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post

Quote:
jake wrote:
No, it doesn't really look stupid. It's still about matchups. While SA did win in 4, the difference was 9, 11, 3, and 1. Phoenix and Dallas would run Cleveland off the floor.

100% correct.

td truckers

Registered: Aug 2005 Posted June 15th, 2007 12:50 PM IP Reply with quote Edit Post Delete postScarlet....

Where is my hooker?? You promised!!

JackHammer

Registered: Apr 2005 Posted June 15th, 2007 02:44 PM IP Reply with quote Edit Post Delete postSo with a healthy Hughes the Cavs win the series? You can't be serious. The Cavs got beat by a better team. Its not like Hughes was even that great during the year. Like I said, congrats to the Cavs on a fine season, if you don't want to accept that then fine, I don't give a rats __.

According to a certain poster the Spurs team should be considered the best team of all time I would imagine. They beat the Suns, Jazz and Cavs who were all "great" teams. The greatness of the Spurs is just unmatched, at least thats what I would believe he is thinking right now.

Like I said before, this is the reason you want to play anyone BUT San Antonio in the playoffs. They know when to turn it on and peak at the right time. Saying you would rather face the Spurs than the Suns is just plain stupid, after this series and the SA/Pho series I am not sure how anyone can see it any other way. Again, I am not saying you would have beat the Suns by any stretch of the imagination, Phoenix would probably be heavy favorites, but Cleveland had a much better shot to beat them than the Spurs.

jake
Administrator

Registered: Jun 2005 Posted June 15th, 2007 03:29 PM IP Reply with quote Edit Post Delete postI really don't think it was a matter of 'turning it on', but gettting some breaks. I think Dallas beats SA in a head-head matchup, and Horry's play at the end of game 4 against Phoenix swung that series. I can't emphasize enough it's matchups. Yes, SA did sweep, but Cleveland did have chances at the end of each game to make things interesting. Phoenix/Dallas would be up 20-something on the Cavs as the Cavs don't adapt to the running game too well.

JackHammer

Registered: Apr 2005 Posted June 15th, 2007 03:41 PM IP Reply with quote Edit Post Delete postSo San Antonio must "matchup" better than anyone over the past 10 years, they are the winningest franchise in sports over that time. Call it matchups, call it whatever you want, the Spurs are the best team in the NBA and champions once again. If the Cavs or any Eastern Conference team wants to win a title their best bet would be to do it while avoiding the Spurs.

jake
Administrator

Registered: Jun 2005 Posted June 15th, 2007 03:48 PM IP Reply with quote Edit Post Delete postNot really because I think SA's run is nearly over. Probably should've been over prior to this year's Finals, but Horry knew what he was doing. At any rate, SA is the oldest team in the NBA, and I'm thinking this is their last hurrah.

JackHammer

Registered: Apr 2005 Posted June 15th, 2007 04:02 PM IP Reply with quote Edit Post Delete postThey were old in 03 and 05 too, people said they were done then as well. So call it "matchups" say the Spurs are old or whatever, it doesn't matter. The Spurs convincingly won yet another NBA title. Duncan, Ginobli and Parker are locked up for a few more years, they have completely turned their team over from the first title and San Antonio is a desired place to play for guys like Michael Finley. Say whatever you want, discredit it, say its coming to an end but San Antonio is the model franchise in all of sports. Congrats to the Spurs yet again.

jake
Administrator

Registered: Jun 2005 Posted June 15th, 2007 04:30 PM IP Reply with quote Edit Post Delete postAgain, they would've been done this season; Horry knew what he was doing. Yes, it's been the model franchise, but one that is getting old very quick.

JackHammer

Registered: Apr 2005 Posted June 15th, 2007 04:43 PM IP Reply with quote Edit Post Delete post-New post-
Umm yeah, they just got done surviving a brutal Western Conference and went 16-4 after a pretty good regular season. I think your having an identity crisis as well, a Laker fan that is a Suns apologist? Ok, now I have heard anything. Championship teams show composer in those situations, it isn't the Spurs fault Amare and Boris acted like idiots when firm precedent had been set, its their faults. And oh yeah, by the way they were only suspended one game, which means the Spurs beat the Suns at full strength three times. "A team on its last hurrah after going 16-4 and breezing through the playoffs to win yet another title". This is about as dumb of a statement as the one about wanting to play the Spurs instead of the Suns.
PacerFan is offline Reply With Quote

gino>yourlife
06-15-2007, 04:57 PM
lol most of those idiots must not have even watched the suns series when the spurs beat them at their own "run & gun" game

cavs fans = http://uploader.ws/upload/200706/picard_14.jpg

gino>yourlife
06-15-2007, 05:01 PM
oh and :lmao @ robert horry conspiracists

Supreme_Being
06-15-2007, 06:38 PM
I'm getting tired with the PHX shit. Didn't we just beat their sorry ass?