PDA

View Full Version : Do Spurs thank fans after they win?

debKISS10
06-15-2007, 07:37 PM
Ya know? We put so much effort into cheering for them. Has one of them said, I want to thank our fans, or I love our fans after winning the championship? Just a question to ponder :oops

T Park
06-15-2007, 07:37 PM
uh, miss them coming off the plane today?

SAGambler
06-15-2007, 07:39 PM
Watch the newscast from the airport.

Watch the Parade.

Be at the Party.

You'll hear it from them countless times.

And yes, they always have in the past.

LavaLamp
06-15-2007, 07:39 PM
Ya know? We put so much effort into cheering for them. Has one of them said, I want to thank our fans, or I love our fans after winning the championship? Just a question to ponder :oops

And for buying tickets and watching broadcasts, and basically paying the players' and staffmember's salaries.

No, I did not hear it. Maybe I missed it. It would've been so much better if the final winning game happened in SA.

ancestron
06-15-2007, 11:43 PM
lol. The spurs say that constantly. you just aren't listening.

Kori Ellis
06-15-2007, 11:48 PM
uh, miss them coming off the plane today?
And the postgame last night.

Many of the players thanked the Spurs fans right after the game. Everyone who spoke at the airport thanked them. They'll thank them repeatedly on Sunday.

I don't even get the point of this thread.

spursfan09
06-15-2007, 11:50 PM
Spurs hate the Spurs fans. One even called us lame....

Despot
06-16-2007, 12:24 AM
Ummm...they have thanked the fans profusely.

Besides, winning the title is a pretty damn good way to show their appreciation in the first place.

ehz33satx
06-16-2007, 01:30 AM
Being gracious and classy winners is thanks enough.

rwb
06-16-2007, 01:54 AM
Huh? We're talking about the Spurs, right? I've heard the players call us the "best fans in the NBA" about fifty times since last night alone. I'm confused at the question.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-16-2007, 02:09 AM
Yeah,

no doubt it was Tim "that's retarded" Duncan. God, sometimes he can be such an unappreciative jerk.

Melmart1
06-16-2007, 03:15 AM
This chick's first post was to bump a months-old thread about Amy Duncan's looks, then she goes and starts a stupid thread like this that only a bandwagoner and/or someone who doesn't pay attention would ask. Are you an actual Spurs fan, or do you just think Tony is 'cute' or something? :rolleyes

Summers
06-16-2007, 08:28 AM
This chick's first post was to bump a months-old thread about Amy Duncan's looks, then she goes and starts a stupid thread like this that only a bandwagoner and/or someone who doesn't pay attention would ask. Are you an actual Spurs fan, or do you just think Tony is 'cute' or something? :rolleyes

You beat me to it.

Summers
06-16-2007, 08:29 AM
Yeah,

no doubt it was Tim "that's retarded" Duncan. God, sometimes he can be such an unappreciative jerk.

That "lame" comment had a Brent Barry feel to it for me... :lol

MrChug
06-16-2007, 09:04 AM

You're an idiot, a liar, delusional, or a troll (or all 4).

The only Spur historically who publicly trashed our city and fans was Mo Cheeks after we let him go...he f'kin HATED us. I don't think anyone since him has, definitely not in the Pop era.

sa_butta
06-16-2007, 09:08 AM
This is by far the dumbest thread I have seen.....Today.

spurtime
06-16-2007, 09:12 AM
I think we need to thank them far more than they need to thank us.

manubili
06-16-2007, 09:29 AM
He's right. I've got my finger very tired before clicking in so many threads. That's effort. I want Manu to thank me personally for that.

Deb
06-16-2007, 09:34 AM
Please don't confuse me with this chick. Guess I need to change my screen name now. :rolleyes

SpurYank
06-16-2007, 09:59 AM
Mo Cheeks is the only player in the 35 years of the Spurs existence who has bad-mouthed the city. He also refused to be a member of the community. If my recollections are correct, he lived in a hotel out of his suitcase the entire time he was in SA. As a coach, Larry Brown was another one who didn't like SA. Then, too, Spurs fans were unmerciful when he brought other teams into town as an ABA coach. At one point, after saying the only thing SA had to offer was excellent Mexican food, a long-time announcer commented at the end of a thorough whipping the Spurs gave his Nuggets team "Your plate of quesadillas is waiting for you on the team bus." (or something very similar. I was there at the time). The entire Arena burst into laughter.

samikeyp
06-16-2007, 10:36 AM
When Mychal Thompson was traded to the Lakers from the Spurs, he bad-mouthed the city as well as the team.

You are correct about Cheeks and Brown although LB was quoted as saying the only good thing about SA was the guacamole.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=940DE7D71330F936A25755C0A96E9482 60&n=Top%2fReference%2fTimes%20Topics%2fPeople%2fB%2f Brown%2c%20Larry

Summers
06-16-2007, 12:44 PM

The only Spur historically who publicly trashed our city and fans was Mo Cheeks after we let him go...he f'kin HATED us. I don't think anyone since him has, definitely not in the Pop era.

He's quoting an article from a few weeks ago when some Spur said anonymously the crowd was lame at times (not loud enough).

spursfan09
06-16-2007, 01:27 PM

Missed the scarcasm did you?

And you call me an idiot :rolleyes

HJNTX
06-16-2007, 05:07 PM
Mo Cheeks is the only player in the 35 years of the Spurs existence who has bad-mouthed the city. He also refused to be a member of the community. If my recollections are correct, he lived in a hotel out of his suitcase the entire time he was in SA. As a coach, Larry Brown was another one who didn't like SA. Then, too, Spurs fans were unmerciful when he brought other teams into town as an ABA coach. At one point, after saying the only thing SA had to offer was excellent Mexican food, a long-time announcer commented at the end of a thorough whipping the Spurs gave his Nuggets team "Your plate of quesadillas is waiting for you on the team bus." (or something very similar. I was there at the time). The entire Arena burst into laughter.
Oh, that's great!!! :lol