PDA

View Full Version : Dear Robert Horry.

T Park
06-16-2007, 01:56 AM
I hope you remember some of the people this year saying you shouldn't get major minutes in these playoffs.

People said you were done. Washed up.

I hope you also remember some of us that stayed with you, said you would show in the playoffs you could still perform.

Robert Horry. Congrats on the 7th.

You can play on this team as long as you want. 1 2 3 more years.

Stay the rest of your career big shot. your still the man.

dav4463
06-16-2007, 02:09 AM
I agree totally.

PM5K
06-16-2007, 02:31 AM
He's gonna be so happy when he reads this........

T Park
06-16-2007, 02:48 AM

read or scroll

no one asked you to post here.

Bear Grylls
06-16-2007, 03:37 AM

I agree Robert will be quite pleased.

:downspin:

johnsmith
06-16-2007, 09:23 AM
I hope you remember some of the people this year saying you shouldn't get major minutes in these playoffs.

People said you were done. Washed up.

I hope you also remember some of us that stayed with you, said you would show in the playoffs you could still perform.

Robert Horry. Congrats on the 7th.

You can play on this team as long as you want. 1 2 3 more years.

Stay the rest of your career big shot. your still the man.

I bet Horry is relieved that you are gonna let him stay on the team for a few more years. I mean, I'm sure that prior to your letter to him he was worried that Spurs front office would get rid of him, but now he knows.........now he knows.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-16-2007, 10:54 AM
People say shit and don't even know what they are talking about. The same was said about the entire team 4 months ago. The world is full of idiots.

gaKNOW!blee
06-16-2007, 11:22 AM
not to sound dumb, but what exactly did horry do in the finals that your so proud of?

RobinsontoDuncan
06-16-2007, 11:26 AM
how about his amazing game 2 performance and his consistent high level of defensive execution?

exstatic
06-16-2007, 12:00 PM
He announced his retirement before this year, but changed his mind. One year, though. That's it. The Great Turnover happens next summer. It has to if we expect to be competitive for Duncan's last 2-5 years. It'll be easier than the last re-tool, though. From 2000 to 2002, we basically redid the whole roster other than Tim, and a soon to retire David. This time we have the Big Three to build around.

When we signed Horry in the summer of 2003, Tim had two rings, and Tony, Manu, and Bruce had one apiece. We needed some championship experience and a locker room presence. Now Tim has four, and Tony, Manu, and Bruce each have three. THEY are now the veteran champions and locker room leaders.

exstatic
06-16-2007, 12:08 PM
not to sound dumb, but what exactly did horry do in the finals that your so proud of?
Things you're looking for from Horry: long distance shooting, rebounding, passing and some blocked shots.

Finals numbers: .375 3G% 4.5 reb 3.3 asst 1.25 blk in 22 minutes

medstudent
06-16-2007, 12:12 PM
^^^ I can live with those numbers for one more year :)

HJNTX
06-16-2007, 12:15 PM
:lol

I LOVE BIG SHOT ROB!!!!

duncan228
06-16-2007, 12:26 PM
I'm embarrassed to say that as the Playoffs kicked off I wasn't sure Horry had anything left. :oops

I apologize for ever doubting him.

He has Champion blood running through him.

I'm thrilled he said he'll play another year to help bring us the repeat.

If he thinks we can do it I believe we will. (Especially if Duncan comes into training camp in the shape he did this year.)

Here's to Horry's eighth! :toast

HJNTX
06-16-2007, 12:28 PM
:toast :toast

Here! Here!!!

ObiwanGinobili
06-16-2007, 12:52 PM
I never doubted Horry, playoffs are his game. Regualr season is just warm-up, practice, and bench riding for him. i knew he'd show up :toast.
I was expecting some big game changing shots from him, and some help defense - but the blobk after block after block the other game (it was 5 blocks? right). Dang! that put me over the moon.

i'll take 1 more yr of big Shot on our bench.

whottt
06-16-2007, 04:11 PM
He announced his retirement before this year, but changed his mind. One year, though. That's it. The Great Turnover happens next summer. It has to if we expect to be competitive for Duncan's last 2-5 years. It'll be easier than the last re-tool, though. From 2000 to 2002, we basically redid the whole roster other than Tim, and a soon to retire David. This time we have the Big Three to build around.

When we signed Horry in the summer of 2003, Tim had two rings, and Tony, Manu, and Bruce had one apiece. We needed some championship experience and a locker room presence. Now Tim has four, and Tony, Manu, and Bruce each have three. THEY are now the veteran champions and locker room leaders.

He never announced his retirment before this year...he's was openly undecided about it and gave different answers at different times when asked.
But he never made any sort of official announcement.

Robert Horry will know when it's his time to go...becasue he's Horry.

As for the rest of your take I agree.

Let Horry finish out his contract..keep him from going to a team where he might end up on the other side of us...and then finish it with ring#8 and reload.

To tell you the truth....I am not a real big fan of a massive roster turnover this offseason. Chemistry is just as important as talent...and this roster has it.

We are in such a hurry to ditch guys and replace them...but unelss we know we are getting a better fit...well, you know the old saying, if it aint broke, don't fix it...

I learned something from the NVE debacle.

I say bring everyone that played an important role back...and get a long SF. either through draft or trade.

I know everyone wants to run Barry...but we haven't ever said, we need "shooters", since the day we signed him....

Unless we are getting Nocioni or Jack back...I am not big fan of trading Barry just to clear money for some guy with no experience.

ChumpDumper
06-16-2007, 04:16 PM
Horry can stay as long as he wants. We just need to keep Bonner to play his regular season minutes. Good thing we drove down Matt's market value by not using him in the playoffs. :spin

sprrs
06-16-2007, 04:51 PM
I know everyone wants to run Barry...but we haven't ever said, we need "shooters", since the day we signed him....

Unless we are getting Nocioni or Jack back...I am not big fan of trading Barry just to clear money for some guy with no experience.

Ditto. Barry showed in game 3 he can bring it when it counts. The only way I'll be happy with moving him is if we can get a guy like Nocioni for him,

TampaDude
06-16-2007, 06:02 PM
Some Horry highlights for ya...

2005: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_yTb7u-uiQ

2007: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NIPO9ZhvjY

Short but sweet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnSxGriD6GA

Big Shot Rob is still THE MAN!!! :toast

ploto
06-16-2007, 06:07 PM
Good thing we drove down Matt's market value by not using him in the playoffs. :spin
I have been waiting two months for someone to write this!!

Borosai
06-16-2007, 06:35 PM
"Big Shot Rob with a big time triple!" :lol

Gotta love that throaty R sound.

TampaDude
06-17-2007, 05:34 PM
"Big Shot Rob with a big time triple!" :lol

Gotta love that throaty R sound.

"Big Shot RRRob..." :smokin

ChumpDumper
06-17-2007, 05:39 PM
I have been waiting two months for someone to write this!!You'll be waiting alot longer for someone to present a workable 11-man playoff rotation.