PDA

View Full Version : Flash vs. Bowen?

michaelwcho
06-16-2007, 10:19 AM
After watching Bruce and our D contain LeBron, do you think we would have contained Wade enough to have won the title last year?

J.T.
06-16-2007, 10:20 AM
Yes.

samikeyp
06-16-2007, 10:24 AM
Yes.

sa_butta
06-16-2007, 10:24 AM
After watching Bruce and our D contain LeBron, do you think we would have contained Wade enough to have won the title last year?I think that if we would have gotten past Dallas last year, we would be looking at a back to back and our fifth NBA title. Of course I am looking through my Silver and Black glasses. But just like mentioned in another thread, Pop even said we were just one ill advised foul away from getting passed Dallas. D-Wade would have kept our hands full, but I think we could have done well enough to beat them. People just dont realize how good this defense is. And its not just Bruce, but TEAM defense (see Tim Duncan block on Lebron).

samikeyp
06-16-2007, 10:25 AM
We must be wearing the same glasses because I agree. :tu

sa_butta
06-16-2007, 10:28 AM
We must be wearing the same glasses because I agree. :tuMan, I wish you could be here for this, but I know you are holding it down over there.

samikeyp
06-16-2007, 10:32 AM
You know it bro! :tu

I am pretty sure I was the only guy in Michigan who was sporting a Manu jersey at work yesterday! :)

J.T.
06-16-2007, 10:32 AM
I dunno the way they were calling fouls in the 2006 finals it might not have mattered how well Bowen defends Wade but Bowen is God.

You think of all the players Bowen has owned on his way to 3 rings...Lebron, Melo, AI, Marion, Hamilton, Kobe. Bowen would have owned Wade easy.

BigBeezie
06-16-2007, 10:34 AM
I always felt that we could have beat the Lakers. The only thing more challenging with D-Wade, is that he is a much better shooter than Lebrick James. That being said, I don't think he would have gotten fouled like he did against the Mavs...

Darkwaters
06-16-2007, 12:03 PM
Wade would have nothing on us. Seriously, Dallas is soft and thats why Dwayne torched them.

lefty
06-16-2007, 12:08 PM
Wade has been pretty good against Spurs in the 4th quarters

Strike
06-16-2007, 12:14 PM
I dunno the way they were calling fouls in the 2006 finals it might not have mattered

San Antonio is widely known as a defensive team. On average, the Spurs don't get a whole lot of fouls called on them because everyone knows they play physical D. Which is why Bruce doesn't foul out every game despite all the swipes, bumps, grazes, etc. Dallas is relatively new at this defense thing because of Avery so they commited a lot of stupid fouls that an experienced defensive team doesn't commit.

With that said, Wade did seem to draw fouls at an alarming rate.

But, had San Antonio made the finals (and if they had gotten past Dallas, they would have made the finals), I think the officiating wouldn't have been the same. It would have been Miami playing a well known defensive powerhouse, something that Dallas really wasn't.

Consider this: No matter what Phoenix said about S.A.'s defense, they couldn't seem to get the calls they thought they deserved. And yes, Bruce Bowen beat the hell out of Nash and didn't get called for many fouls!
But he's been doing it so long that it seems second nature to the officials.

Anyway, down to brass tacks: Had the Spurs beaten Dallas last year, we would now be celebrating a Spurs 3-peat and all this "are they a dynasty" talk wouldn't even be happening. 5 titles in 9 years, including a 3-peat would put that debate to bed forever.