PDA

View Full Version : Because...

Yonivore
06-16-2007, 10:42 AM
...what would Governor Schwarzenegger know about people who come from a different land, who were raised speaking a different language, and who want to make a better life for themselves in America? Right?

Hispanic Leaders Blast Schwarzenegger's Advice to Turn Off Spanish TV (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,283099,00.html)

A Hispanic advocacy group said Schwarzenegger's comments show his "ignorance on immigration issues."

Isn't bashing Arnold on his advice to immigrants kind of engaging in immigrant-bashing yourself?

Wild Cobra
06-16-2007, 12:18 PM
Isn't bashing Arnold on his advice to immigrants kind of engaging in immigrant-bashing yourself?
We see similar stuff happen all the time. People bashing others without learning the truth first. It seems to be a key trait of liberalism to me.

AFE7FATMAN
06-16-2007, 12:35 PM
Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger demonstrated his ignorance on immigration issues once again by perpetuating the myth that immigrants have to reject their old culture and language in order to learn English and assimilate," said Brent Wilkes, national executive director of the League of United Latin American Citizens. :rolleyes

Nobody is rejecting shit.Learning the local language is the first step toward successful assimilation into a society. Pass legislation making English the official language of the United States and dump all this bilingual stuff, but than that isn't the PC thing to do if you want the votes....

Hell I have been to Wal-Mart on three occassions and they have had to hunt for somebody to help me. All three times I asked to be helped the clerk/employee didn't speak english. Wal mart on De Zavala :madrun