PDA

View Full Version : Give some credit to Pistons

Rummpd
12-04-2004, 07:52 AM
Relax and chill all:

Spurs gave some back but that is a very, very good and still a championship threat team we beat last night despite record and they were motivated and per pre game post it was going to be tough battle. No way they were going to get blown out by 20-30 ala soft Dallas and others recently = I expected them to come back to within 10-12 and was not surprised when it got closer when one of their wing men got insanely hot. Their defense is that good = close to being on par with Spurs and no one else in league even close to these two in that regard. So great win in end, all that counts! Meanwhile, again Duncan was clutch with a shot. Those of you dissin his performance, 18 and 18 vs. Pistons is good to great line by a big man anytime, anywhere period.

Best of all while Walton was hatin on Spurs for not inbounding but doing the right thing by a timeout = Pistons throw in and Rose makes a great and heady play (give him credit, missed FTs but I believe he was near exhaustion).

Rose all the props, until Rasho gets out of funk he is going to be instrumental in keeping this streak going and matched my pre-game prediction with DOUBLE DIGIT BOARDS. Rose brings that, Spurs will be very, very tough.

Can you imagine this team when Barry gets hot, scary, scary good - and he will by mid-season. Meanwhile, Parker is back to being a stud and keep almost perfect record of 20 = Spurs win.

This win will actually be part of something even bigger and will keep the Spurs from being over-confident and continue to work = and will help lead to a championship battle probably against same team. Then Spurs in 6.

MadDoc (The Sage)

RobinsontoDuncan
12-04-2004, 08:18 AM
well the spurs need to be careful because they really never hang on to leads this big, something that will eventually come back to haunt them

Rummpd
12-04-2004, 08:25 AM
That is why in the playoffs they have series, granted Spurs may lose a lead and a game like last championship but hard to see anyone in league beating this team 4 games if Spurs defense continues to improve.

They are scary good, Pistons one of few threats (maybe Wolves and less so Suns - year or two away.)

MadDoc

T Park
12-04-2004, 09:36 AM
IMO the lost lead last night was a product of a little early season work, and good defense by the Pistons, and some bad passes by Ginobili and others.

I thought the 3rd quarter was one the best quarter the Spurs played all year, good agressivness going to the basket on offense, and great defense on the other end.

Th only way they scored alot of there points last night (the Pistons) was from the free throw line in that third quarter. There for a long time, they had more points on free throws than field goals.

Antonio McDeyss made what, 2 field goals, the rest on free throws??

Thats fine, learn from that, play good D, stay away from fouls, move on to Milwaukee..