PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 Commissioner Weiberg resigns for lesser position w/ the

K-State Spur
06-16-2007, 07:22 PM
Big Televen television network.

This may be a result of the ongoing (and constantly growing) haves vs. have-nots battle within the conference. 4 schools (UT, A&M, UNL, and OU) are in favor of preserving the status quo on nearly all issues, the other 8 are looking for some form of revenue sharing (specifically with television contracts).

gtownspur
06-16-2007, 10:30 PM
Big Televen television network.

This may be a result of the ongoing (and constantly growing) haves vs. have-nots battle within the conference. 4 schools (UT, A&M, UNL, and OU) are in favor of preserving the status quo on nearly all issues, the other 8 are looking for some form of revenue sharing (specifically with television contracts).

No excuses, if you would stop scheduling cupcake schedules there wouldn't have been such problem.

K-State Spur
06-16-2007, 11:53 PM
a) This post isn't a direct complaint. You have to be sticking your head in the sand and ignoring the arms race that is going on if you don't see this coming. We've already seen it with the non-BCS schools vs. the BCS schools. It stands to reason that it's going to happen within a conference eventually. Especially since the Big 12 is the only BCS league which doesn't evenly share TV money. That's right, even the Big 10, the SEC, and the ACC do so.

b) I don't think any school is complaining - too much - that their game against a I-AA isn't being televised. It's when Oklahoma has every conference game on television for years and others struggle to get on more than once. It makes sense from the TV network to cover the traditional powers, but within the conference it helps feed an endless cycle which makes it tougher for the have-nots to ever catch up.

c) In case you didn't hear...Bill Snyder retired. KSU has @ Auburn and @ Fresno State. Outside of Colorado, that's as tough a non-conference slate as any team in the conference has faced in recent years.

dallaskd
06-16-2007, 11:54 PM
any updates on a possible replacement?

K-State Spur
06-17-2007, 12:16 AM
Sounded pretty open as of a couple days ago. We just extended our crappy TV contract (that's not a knock on the big schools, just pointing out that only getting 50% of our conference games per week on TV is a crappy deal compared to the other conferences) for a few years and there aren't any current pressing issues, so it would not surprise me if it takes a while before a replacement is named.

MajorMike
06-17-2007, 09:34 AM
No excuses, if you would stop scheduling cupcake schedules there wouldn't have been such problem.

I find it funny how a program like KState is commonly refered to in two everyday football instances.

1) The KState rule in BCS
2) A KState schedule

That being said, KState hasn't been scheduling cupcakes (like back in the day) for a few years now; since arfound 2000.

I thikn they opened against Iowa in 2000 and won, they opened at SC in 2001 and won, they played SC at home in 2002 and won, in 2003 they opened with a win against Cal and also played traditional smaller powers Troy and Marshall, in 2004 they played Fresno, 2005 Marshall there, 2006 Louisville and Marshall, and this year they will go to Auburn and Fresno. 2008 they will play Louisville and Fresno, 2009/10 they have a home/away with UCLA, 2011 they have Oregon at home and go to Miami Fla while in 2012 those are reversed, 2014 they go to Va Tech and Auburn at home, 2016 they have Va Tech at home.

K-State Spur
06-17-2007, 03:17 PM
hehe, this is true.

you don't have to be a k-state fan for long to realize that if we open the door just a little, we'll get shit all over by the media or the powers that be.

degenerate_gambler
06-18-2007, 08:31 AM
any updates on a possible replacement?

heard a rumor that deloss dodds was a candidate.