View Full Version : Stoudeimire: 'We were an inch' from title

ducks
06-16-2007, 10:27 PM
Stoudeimire: 'We were an inch' from title

Stoudeimire: 'We were an inch' from title
Paul Coro
The Arizona Republic
Jun. 15, 2007 03:58 PM

There was somebody who watched all of the NBA Finals this year. Amaré Stoudemire, as painful as it was, did so.

San Antonio swept Cleveland, making the Suns the only postseason team to challenge the Spurs when they had their second-round series tied at 2.

“I think it helps us because it lets us know we were this close to winning a championship, an inch from winning a championship,” said Stoudemire, lamenting the Game5 suspension he received but saying he would not appeal it and does not think the bench rule needs to be changed. “It just played out that that Stoudemire guy wasn't able to play.”

Stoudemire has been working out regularly this month on the practice court with assistant coach Phil Weber after taking the end of May off.

“I can't help it,” Stoudemire said. “I just can't leave the court. I guess you can call me a basketholic.”

Stoudemire is preparing for USA Basketball duties this summer with two minicamps and an Olympic qualifying tournament this summer. He also will take his first college class, Global History 101, next month at Arizona State.

Banks at work
Suns guard Marcus Banks, two days after meeting with General Manager Steve Kerr, was back on the practice court Friday working out and then having a sitdown chat with assistant coach Alvin Gentry. Banks has stayed in Phoenix most of the past month and has been popping in for workouts.

Although the Suns have sought to trade Banks, there is a possibility he will play in July's NBA Summer League in Las Vegas, his hometown.

Banks declined comment.

Draft watch
The Suns had their first group of big men in to work out Friday with Colorado State junior Jason Smith (7 feet, 240 pounds), Duke sophomore Josh McRoberts (6-10, 240), Nevada senior Nick Fazekas (6-11, 235) and Alabama senior Jermareo Davidson (6-10, 230). The four played with the 14-second shot clock the Suns often use in practices.

Many expect Smith and McRoberts to be gone before the Suns' 24th and 29th picks while Fazekas and Davidson are generally considered second-round choices.

“It would be a dream come true to come here (to Phoenix),” said McRoberts, who signed with an agent this week. “Everybody wants to come here. With this system here, I think things would fit me perfectly.”

Smith did not have the Duke name to get his publicity but has seen his stock rise as teams find out how fast and agile he is. “It could only go up for me,” Smith said. “I'm trying to make myself known now.”

CubanMustGo
06-16-2007, 10:32 PM
NBA Forum

ducks
06-16-2007, 10:34 PM
are you a mod?

ducks
06-16-2007, 10:35 PM
NBA Forum
this is spurs related if you read the article

ducks
06-16-2007, 10:37 PM
NBA Forum
what makes you think it should be in the nba forum and not in the spurs forum?

Tippecanoe
06-16-2007, 10:40 PM
:blah :blah :blah

TheTruth
06-16-2007, 10:42 PM
Who gives a fuck what that dumbass, can't follow the rules loser thinks Forum

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-16-2007, 10:53 PM
And what the hell is a basketholic???

midgetonadonkey
06-16-2007, 10:54 PM
He is how old and taking a freshman course?

Lebowski Brickowski
06-16-2007, 10:57 PM
4-2 does not equal an inch.

It's funny how he says he can't "leave the court." Perhaps he meant "I can't stay off the court."

J.T.
06-16-2007, 10:58 PM

He's 23 or 24 I think. What does he need school for anyway? If he's too stupid to stay on the bench, he ain't going to pass freshman history classes.

ducks
06-16-2007, 11:02 PM
I give him props for going to classes

mavsfan1000
06-16-2007, 11:03 PM
I think the spurs established that they were better than the suns. The suns were lucky to win game 4.

J.T.
06-16-2007, 11:05 PM
You can learn anything worth knowing about history on TV. They have professors and shit go on the history channel all the time, so it has to be legit. Dumb move for his first class.

If he gets a degree I'll give him props but freshman history is easy shit. Giving props for history classes is like giving props for breathing.

michaelwcho
06-16-2007, 11:06 PM
Props to him for taking classes. He's not the sharpest tool in the shed, as each new article shows, but at least he's working on it.

J.T.
06-16-2007, 11:07 PM
I think the spurs established that they were better than the suns. The suns were lucky to win game 4.

I think Javie called that game and that's all you need to know about how the Spurs lost a close game that they were winning at home. I think Phoenix shot 21 more FTs that we did in that game. And they were the away team.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-16-2007, 11:08 PM
Nothing wrong with wanting to get educated a little bit.

Even if a freshman course in History is easy, it's not like we expect him to put himself through med-school or anything.

Can't knock Amare for taking classes, even if he's becoming a joke when it comes to basketball.

gospursgooo
06-16-2007, 11:09 PM
It's basketballaholic, not basketholic. He really needs to go to college. LOL.

Brutalis
06-16-2007, 11:15 PM
Yeah after the mile there's about an inch left I think he means.

cherylsteele
06-16-2007, 11:28 PM
It is similar to a basket-case.

One inch from the title? Try at least 20 feet if you count the time he wasn't supposed to be on the court at the end of game 4....wouldn't have mattered anyways.

dirk4mvp
06-16-2007, 11:36 PM
Amare has shit for brains.

shelshor
06-16-2007, 11:38 PM
When did he get his GED?

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-16-2007, 11:41 PM
Amare has shit for brains.
:lol

Capt Bringdown
06-17-2007, 12:12 AM
Like school on saturday...no class.

Along with their 14 second shot clock, they must teach poor sportsmanship in Phoenix. What a bunch of losers.

PM5K
06-17-2007, 12:22 AM
It just shows how immature he is, even if they had beaten us they still had to go through Utah and Cleveland, and just because we could doesn't mean they could have....

mikeanthony21
06-17-2007, 12:26 AM
“I can't help it,” Stoudemire said. “I just can't leave the court. I guess you can call me a basketholic.”

No... just a basket case.

rwb
06-17-2007, 12:29 AM
Will it never end? :rolleyes

Melmart1
06-17-2007, 12:34 AM
Another male who thinks an inch is much, MUCH bigger than it really is.

~Sweetmelody~
06-17-2007, 01:40 AM
Another male who thinks an inch is much, MUCH bigger than it really is.

:lmao

TDMVPDPOY
06-17-2007, 01:51 AM
i dont think they wouldve got pass utah imo....

mikekim
06-17-2007, 01:58 AM
A lot of people refer to themselves in the 3rd person as a joke....it's the ones who seriously refer to themselves in the 3rd person who look like dumbasses--and just might be stupid, self-centered dumbasses.

SenorSpur
06-17-2007, 02:42 AM
For once, I'd like to see his dumb-ass own up to his actions and admit that he violated the league rule and he was forced to suffer the consequences. Instead of regularly popping off on how he and his team were wronged, he should admit that he put his teams playoff chances in jeopardy by breaking a rule.

Doesn't matter anyway, his team was at full strength in Game 6 and still didn't win. I don't know why everyone feels as though a Game 7 would have been a no-brainer for the Suns. Perhaps it's time for he, the rest of the Suns players and fans to stop bitching and admit that they still have not solved the Spurs equation. Worse luck next season.

dav4463
06-17-2007, 02:51 AM
Utah has big men (Boozer, Okur). Spurs have big men (Duncan, Oberto, Elson)....Suns beat Lakers who have no big man that can score. Suns can beat teams like Mavs, Warriors (no inside threats). Suns would've lost to the Jazz, they DID lose to the Spurs. Those softies can't play against a team that has a legitimate big man.

PM5K
06-17-2007, 03:26 AM
Utah has big men (Boozer, Okur). Spurs have big men (Duncan, Oberto, Elson)....Suns beat Lakers who have no big man that can score. Suns can beat teams like Mavs, Warriors (no inside threats). Suns would've lost to the Jazz, they DID lose to the Spurs. Those softies can't play against a team that has a legitimate big man.

That's what I'm saying, against Utah in the regular season they lost twice at home and lost one and won one on the road....

1-3 Against Utah...

Slomo
06-17-2007, 03:30 AM
Another male who thinks an inch is much, MUCH bigger than it really is.:lol

Oh wait...

:flipoff

Strike
06-17-2007, 03:30 AM
“It just played out that that Stoudemire guy wasn't able to play.”

Did that fucking tool refer to himself in the 3rd person?

"Stacy Patton don't sign autographs."

Fucking dumb ass.

thiste
06-17-2007, 03:44 AM
San Antonio swept Cleveland, making the Suns the only postseason team to challenge the Spurs

Haha funny how I keep reading this from phoenix people. Like they were any real challenge... 4-2 guys, 4-2... not even close, get a grip.

rayray2k8
06-17-2007, 03:47 AM
The Suns need to worry about themseleves.
They're about to get their world rocked...

wildbill2u
06-17-2007, 10:06 AM
Someone who spends the offseason weaving baskets as therapy for losing in the playoffs?

L.I.T
06-17-2007, 10:20 AM
I would think he'd be best served by taking a law class: "Rules of the NBA: How not to Break Them."

michaelwcho
06-17-2007, 10:21 AM
You can learn anything worth knowing about history on TV. They have professors and shit go on the history channel all the time, so it has to be legit. Dumb move for his first class.

If he gets a degree I'll give him props but freshman history is easy shit. Giving props for history classes is like giving props for breathing.

Actually that's true--educational TV is a great way to learn history, because it engages the visual and auditory part of the brain. Thus, it's much more memorable. Of course, most people can more easily watch an entertaining program than read dry history books, too.

td4mvp3
06-17-2007, 10:31 AM
Actually that's true--educational TV is a great way to learn history, because it engages the visual and auditory part of the brain. Thus, it's much more memorable. Of course, most people can more easily watch an entertaining program than read dry history books, too.
that's just silly. there's a reason they still have history books instead of just showing videos all day.

JMarkJohns
06-17-2007, 11:07 AM
That's what I'm saying, against Utah in the regular season they lost twice at home and lost one and won one on the road....

1-3 Against Utah...

Two times before Amare was even back in the rotation, and the third came without Nash and I believe Diaw.

When both teams were healthy, the Suns slaughtered the Jazz in Utah.

Regular season is meaningless, anyways.

I'm not making excuses, just saying that the teams that lost to the Jazz in the regular season wasn't the team Utah would have faced in the Playoffs. You can't just look at the wins and losses. The reasons why need to be factored in as well. Perhaps Utah still wins. Perhaps the series is a laugher in favor of the Suns? Who knows.

Everyone does need to shut up and I wish Kerr would lay down a mandate expressing such. The sooner they get over it, the sooner they can focus on next year.

SequSpur
06-17-2007, 11:10 AM
wtf is an inch on the scoreboard? Really... WGAF? I don't, it's over... They didn't win shit and they aren't going to.

JMarkJohns
06-17-2007, 11:15 AM
I don't get the whole "inch" analogy either. I figure he simply means we were so close, that if it were a distance, we would have been an inch away.

Strike
06-17-2007, 11:15 AM
Everyone does need to shut up and I wish Kerr would lay down a mandate expressing such. The sooner they get over it, the sooner they can focus on next year.

:toast

Budkin
06-17-2007, 11:17 AM
It just keeps getting better and better...

da_suns_fan__
06-17-2007, 11:23 AM
Wow....either Spurs fans are REALLY bitter at all the attention the Suns got this year (and there team serving as a punchline for NBA ratings futility), or they are just a bunch of assholes.

The Suns "took control of their series" by winning game four according to Mark Sten of ESPN. Is he an idiot too? Im pretty sure he went to college. Series was a best of three with two in Phoenix. If the suspension didn't occur, the NBA wouldn't have had its terrible finals disaster.

Spurs fans are mad at the wrong guy. Stern is the one to blame.

Strike
06-17-2007, 11:24 AM
Wow....either Spurs fans are REALLY bitter at all the attention the Suns got this year (and there team serving as a punchline for NBA ratings futility), or they are just a bunch of assholes.

Probably a little of both.

Maybe if Suns players and fans would stop the month long bitchfest, 20 bucks says Spurs fans wouldn't even bother to comment on it.

JMarkJohns
06-17-2007, 11:25 AM
Come one, come all to witness the further deevolution of this thread...

Strike
06-17-2007, 11:29 AM
If the suspension didn't occur, the NBA wouldn't have had its terrible finals disaster.
Spurs fans are mad at the wrong guy. Stern is the one to blame.:cry

Uhhhh......never mind. Too obvious, too easy.

gaKNOW!blee
06-17-2007, 11:29 AM

The Suns "took control of their series" by winning game four according to Mark Sten of ESPN. Is he an idiot too? Im pretty sure he went to college. Series was a best of three with two in Phoenix. If the suspension didn't occur, the NBA wouldn't have had its terrible finals disaster.

well the Suns probably got more attention up until May 18th when the Suns season was over, it all evened out tho considering the Spurs played an extra month.

gaKNOW!blee
06-17-2007, 11:30 AM

I just will never understand why Suns fans dont get that thier own players broke the rule.

JMarkJohns
06-17-2007, 11:32 AM
da_suns_fan__

No... just, no...

da_suns_fan__
06-17-2007, 11:35 AM
http://media.bonnint.net/az/2/239/23928.jpg

JMarkJohns
06-17-2007, 11:39 AM
See, this is why threads bitching about the Suns fans bitching are only more likely to end up to more bitching by Suns fans and what not... Very few of these threads aree started by disgruntled Suns fans. Most have left. The few that haven't aren't the ones doing it. I know it's news, though it shouldn't be, that Suns players and fans are unhappy/bitter, but how many more of this type of thread are necessary? There's something two or three a day?

It's silly on both parts. All it does is allow those who want to bitch and moan to do so in defense of their team and its fans.

Whatever... I'm done in this thread.

EDIT: da_suns_fan__

I implore you to stop. It's so very childish. I know you're disappointed, but in all reality, you're wrong and make yourself look stupid by pretending that you're not. It sucked. Yes, I get it. It sucked terribly for me as well. Thing is, while the League could have set a precedence for the Suns, they really couldn't and still held up the letter of the law.

You should be blaming D'Antoni and the assistant coaches who turned and ran towards the scrum before making sure there was order and understanding on the bench. They ensure nobody is moving, perhaps things work out differently. The players are charged to stay on the bench during a fight, and the coaches are charged with keeping them there. Both failed, thus the Suns ultimate failing.

JamStone
06-17-2007, 11:44 AM
I think the Jazz beat the Suns if Phoenix somehow beat the Spurs.

da_suns_fan__
06-17-2007, 11:47 AM
See, this is why threads bitching about the Suns fans bitching are only more likely to end up to more bitching by Suns fans and what not... Very few of these threads aree started by disgruntled Suns fans. Most have left. The few that haven't aren't the ones doing it. I know it's news, though it shouldn't be, that Suns players and fans are unhappy/bitter, but how many more of this type of thread are necessary? There's something two or three a day?

It's silly on both parts. All it does is allow those who want to bitch and moan to do so in defense of their team and its fans.

Whatever... I'm done in this thread.

EDIT: da_suns_fan__

I implore you to stop. It's so very childish. I know you're disappointed, but in all reality, you're wrong and make yourself look stupid by pretending that you're not. It sucked. Yes, I get it. It sucked terribly for me as well. Thing is, while the League could have set a precedence for the Suns, they really couldn't and still held up the letter of the law.

You should be blaming D'Antoni and the assistant coaches who turned and ran towards the scrum before making sure there was order and understanding on the bench. They ensure nobody is moving, perhaps things work out differently. The players are charged to stay on the bench during a fight, and the coaches are charged with keeping them there. Both failed, thus the Suns ultimate failing.

What the hell are you talking about?

Here's a thread started by Spurs fans about Amare's comment.

Amare may not have gone to college, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that he's right.

Why aren't Spurs fans just enjoying their championship? Because its 100% tainted AND THEY KNOW IT!!!!

Strike
06-17-2007, 11:48 AM
I'm a bitter little Suns fan :cry so I have to troll Spurstalk to make myself feel better.http://media.bonnint.net/az/2/239/23928.jpg

Fixed.

JMarkJohns
06-17-2007, 11:49 AM
I think the Jazz beat the Suns if Phoenix somehow beat the Spurs.

Why?

Again, the Suns three losses came at a time when several of its main players were injured/out of the rotation, and each was still winnable for them, as each loss came by one stinkin' possession?

In the one game where both teams are healthy, Phoenix suns them off the floor in Utah.

I don't believe much of anything can be taken out of the regular season series, however, because of the extent of injuries through the first three and because the Suns were just out of their mind good that last one. It likely would have been a six or seven game series regardless, but I'm farely confident the Suns would have won.

Again, it's merely opinion, like yours...

spursfan09
06-17-2007, 11:50 AM

Amare may not have gone to college, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that he's right.

Why aren't Spurs fans just enjoying their championship? Because its 100% tainted AND THEY KNOW IT!!!!

:lol 100% tainted? Anyway while you continue to whine about the Spurs winning the championship. I'll be at the parade going down today to celebrate our hard earned and deserved chamionship! Have a good summer Sun fans.

Strike

And if Duncan had been suspended for leaving the bench instead of Amare and Diaw, you'd be saying the same thing about the Suns, right?

Play the "tainted" card all you want. You obviously feel that the Suns players are above the rules.

gaKNOW!blee

haha Amare has admitted he was wrong, and doesnt think the rule should be changed. When a crybaby like him can do it you should be able to as well.

If you would just push your jealousy aside, you would realize that this championship is only tainted in your mind. Grow up.

Strike
06-17-2007, 11:52 AM
Why?

Again, the Suns three losses came at a time when several of its main players were injured/out of the rotation, and each was still winnable for them, as each loss came by one stinkin' possession?

In the one game where both teams are healthy, Phoenix suns them off the floor in Utah.

I don't believe much of anything can be taken out of the regular season series, however, because of the extent of injuries through the first three and because the Suns were just out of their mind good that last one. It likely would have been a six or seven game series regardless, but I'm farely confident the Suns would have won.

Again, it's merely opinion, like yours...

1. I have no problem with you. (whether or not you care is up to you) You actually have realistic posts and intelligent takes unlike your counterpart in this thread.

2. I agree with you. Had the Suns advanced, I believe they would've taken the Jazz out in 6 games.

JMarkJohns
06-17-2007, 11:54 AM

I've been very vocal against these continued threads. Again, I wish the Spurs fans here would move on, and I beg the Suns fans to do so. Seriously, every day there's three "new" threads on the same tired topic.

As I said over one week ago, the horse is dead.

I don't know why more aren't enjoying it. Perhaps it's because they have already won several, or perhaps it's because they can't stand that their team is being badmouthed by a bucnh of pouty, whiny crybabies from Phoenix.

The same principle that forces you to defend your team when bad is talked about them works for them.

If Phoenix players and fans leave it alone, then San Antonio fans likely will.

It really wasn't an injustice, just a misfortune.

JMarkJohns
06-17-2007, 12:00 PM
1. I have no problem with you. (whether or not you care is up to you) You actually have realistic posts and intelligent takes unlike your counterpart in this thread.

I appreciate any and all comments about me as a post. I take a lot of time to have an informed opinion, so when it or I are praised, I can't say it's not rewarding.

I have no problem with those here. I have some gripes, but no problems. I wish threads like these would cease, but this isn't my board, so I can only voice, not control.

I just don't see what good they do. As I said yesterday, enjoy your Title. You went eight months to get it. I have no idea why little ongoing disputes with fanatics is more important than winning a Title. But then, I've never experienced an NBA Title. Maybe they just aren't that big of a deal...

2. I agree with you. Had the Suns advanced, I believe they would've taken the Jazz out in 6 games.

The series would be hard-fought, but I don't see the Suns losing after getting past the Spurs. Least not before the Finals.

Extra Stout
06-17-2007, 12:01 PM
The inability of Suns players to move on from their defeat in the second round, and their insistence upon deflecting blame and making excuses, indicates a critical lack of maturity and mental toughness, and does not bode well for future runs at titles unless there is a total reversal of their attitudes.

The coach of the Phoenix Suns is an enabler and participator in his team's self-pity. It is supposed to be his job to instill the right attitude in his team. He may not have to be the leader, because Steve Nash can and should be that, but he under no circumstances should tolerate, much less join in with, this whining.

Media in Phoenix make signs like that KTAR garbage because the organization allows it. If WOAI had tried to do that in 2004 after 0.4, they would have gotten an enraged phone call from the Spurs organization.

For the sake of the Suns, I certainly hope Steve Kerr cleans up this mess immediately. Mike D'Antoni is a gutless pussy and a prima donna, and his attitude has infected that team and that organization. D'Antoni is a fraud. He thinks he's a genius because of his offensive schemes, but he fails miserably on basic things like the mental preparation of his players. I don't know that the Suns have a realistic shot at a title unless and until he is fired. It will take a lot for that to happen, because his pretty-boy style of play sells tickets, and a lot of NBA observers are engaged in the wishful thinking that a Suns title would cause everybody in the league to adopt a "run 'n' fun" style (as if there were 29 Steve Nash clones running around), but he is the stumbling block.

I maintain that if Jeff Van Gundy were the coach of the Suns, not only would Phoenix be the odds-on favorite for the 2007-08 title, but Amare and Boris never would have been suspended in that series in the first place. The Suns never would have had to play shorthanded, because Van Gundy never would have allowed his team to get so distracted and frustrated by the Spurs' physical play that both players and coaches lost their composure after the Horry hard foul.

JMarkJohns
06-17-2007, 12:05 PM
The inability of Suns players to move on from their defeat in the second round, and their insistence upon deflecting blame and making excuses, indicates a critical lack of maturity and mental toughness, and does not bode well for future runs at titles unless there is a total reversal of their attitudes.

The coach of the Phoenix Suns is an enabler and participator in his team's self-pity. It is supposed to be his job to instill the right attitude in his team. He may not have to be the leader, because Steve Nash can and should be that, but he under no circumstances should tolerate, much less join in with, this whining.

Media in Phoenix make signs like that KTAR garbage because the organization allows it. If WOAI had tried to do that in 2004 after 0.4, they would have gotten an enraged phone call from the Spurs organization.

For the sake of the Suns, I certainly hope Steve Kerr cleans up this mess immediately. Mike D'Antoni is a gutless pussy and a prima donna, and his attitude has infected that team and that organization. D'Antoni is a fraud. He thinks he's a genius because of his offensive schemes, but he fails miserably on basic things like the mental preparation of his players. I don't know that the Suns have a realistic shot at a title unless and until he is fired. It will take a lot for that to happen, because his pretty-boy style of play sells tickets, and a lot of NBA observers are engaged in the wishful thinking that a Suns title would cause everybody in the league to adopt a "run 'n' fun" style (as if there were 29 Steve Nash clones running around), but he is the stumbling block.

I maintain that if Jeff Van Gundy were the coach of the Suns, not only would Phoenix be the odds-on favorite for the 2007-08 title, but Amare and Boris never would have been suspended in that series in the first place. The Suns never would have had to play shorthanded, because Van Gundy never would have allowed his team to get so distracted and frustrated by the Spurs' physical play that both players and coaches lost their composure after the Horry hard foul.

I'll agree with everything written here. The adage, "You are what you eat" is somewhat fitting. You only are how you've been coached. For the Suns that means they are undisciplined, unable to cope with things don't break their way, and whine when they can't make things better.

BlackFlagg
06-17-2007, 12:15 PM
Wow....either Spurs fans are REALLY bitter at all the attention the Suns got this year

Yeah, you're right. I think we'll have a parade in your honor. :lol

See, this is why threads bitching about the Suns fans bitching are only more likely to end up to more bitching by Suns fans and what not...

We don't mind. It's entertaining, and besides, we're used to it.

I've been very vocal against these continued threads. Again, I wish the Spurs fans here would move on

Well I appreciate your not wanting to witness discord, but when there's an article that mentions the Spurs, it's unrealistic to expect Spurs fans not to post it and discuss it in their own forum.

Amare has admitted he was wrong, and doesnt think the rule should be changed.

Exactly.

Money316
06-17-2007, 12:41 PM
4-2 does not equal an inch.

It's funny how he says he can't "leave the court." Perhaps he meant "I can't stay off the court."
Now there's a metric basic enough for him to understand.

Thanks Brick.

:lol :lol :lol

Money316
06-17-2007, 12:43 PM
When did he get his GED?
Who said he did???

Extra Stout
06-17-2007, 12:50 PM
I would think he'd be best served by taking a law class: "Rules of the NBA: How not to Break Them."
The Suns did get an "NBA Rules" See n' Say specially made for him.

Extra Stout
06-17-2007, 12:53 PM
He also will take his first college class, Global History 101, next month at Arizona State.
That's a euphemism for, "The Suns got Amare a subscription to Weekly Reader."

SpursFanFirst
06-17-2007, 12:54 PM
I give him props for going to classes

I agree...Good for him! :clap

Tha Carter
06-17-2007, 12:57 PM
i think this new phrase should sum up all the phoenix players...SUNS of BITCHES they are lol,they never stop whining,now u got stoudawhiner claiming they were an inch from a title..well spurs coulda played that same card when they lost to Mavs on that foul by Manu but instead what did they say?NOTHING,they responded with a ring the next year...suns of bitches i tell ya

Spider TX
06-17-2007, 01:01 PM
It's basketballaholic, not basketholic. He really needs to go to college. LOL.

It's not so much on him for that, but the damn writer of the article for actually printing the word that way as he typed it. Amare only said it, but he still printed it.

Strike
06-17-2007, 01:09 PM
Mike D'Antoni is a gutless pussy and a prima donna.

Don't sugar coat it, Extra Stout. Say what you really feel.
:lol

thiste
06-17-2007, 01:57 PM
for da_s0ns_fan : I'd gladly put asterixes on your nba titles for whatever reasons (you can always find something to whine about). Unfortunately, I checked and man, you earned JACK SHIT :cry

suns trophy room
http://www.subcentral.ch/images/history/010117-raum_leer.jpg

SenorSpur
06-17-2007, 02:01 PM

Well said. As a testimony to the Suns' excuse-making and childish behavior, consider these two points.

1. The first thing Stoudamire and the rest of the Suns brass did during the post game interviews following that Game 4 was lie about Stoudamire's intentions for leaving the bench in the first place. Dude had the 3rd grade audacity to claim he was "going to scorers table to check in." I'm sure the dog ate his homework too.

2. When it became fairly certain that suspensions were eminent, the Suns, particularly Kerr, went public to cry that if the Suns players were suspended, Duncan should have been suspended too because he left the bench area during an earlier portion of the game after Elson was undercut on a dunk. As a minority owner in the Suns, Kerr used his platform as a TNT broadcaster to try and influence the the minds of the officials against the Spurs. A point to which Pop sternly admonished Kerr on the next time the two crossed paths. Also a fact that helped Kerr decide to accept the offer as Suns GM.

Once again and year after year, the Suns fail to take acccountability of their actions. Instead they elected to displace blame for their failures onto others. This is nothing new as the Suns, while developing a style and roster that is exciting to watch, have fostered a culture with an underbelly of internal whining and excuse-making. This type of attitude starts with the owner and coach and filters down through the players.

Look no further than their own roster, where it's been widely reported of chemistry discord between certain players on that team at certain stages of the season. Some of which worry about trivial matters like who is getting credit; who is making the all-star team; why so-and-so is winning the MVP award and who is the man? Recall Nash calling out his teammates during the Spurs series for not putting for championship-level effort.

For those who continue to think this was the year the Suns would have dispatched the Spurs, if your team was so awesome why didn't they force a Game 7?

VinnyTestesVerde
06-17-2007, 03:29 PM

So pathetic. Such a tired argument, such a sad display of bitterness. What incentive would David Stern have to rig the system to get the Spurs into the Finals? Have you heard any of the ratings talk? Lowest in years yada yada??

Suns fans, you weren't an inch from a championship, you were miles. And if you want to talk inches, maybe your players should keep their feet a couple of INCHES BEHIND THE OUT OF BOUNDS LINE. :lol

CubanMustGo
06-17-2007, 03:37 PM
http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/6190/23928mo4.jpg

Fixed.

VinnyTestesVerde
06-17-2007, 03:46 PM

Garbage perpetuated by their local sports station:

http://sports.ktar.com/?nid=145&sid=514774

check out the editor's note:

This banner is a public representation of the opinion of a majority of NBA fans in Phoenix and listeners of Sports 620 KTAR based on thousands of phone calls and e-mails about the injustice of the NBA playoffs.

This is not about the Phoenix Suns. It is much bigger than one franchise. It's about a tainted NBA World Championship and a general dissatisfaction among basketball fans.

This prevailing theme has been confirmed with embarrassing low television ratings. Although it won't show in the official record book, I think it's important to remind the NBA that there is, and will forever be, a perceived asterisk next to this NBA championship.

Congratulations to the San Antonio Spurs basketball team on winning another NBA title. It's just unfortunate that NBA fans will never know if the best team actually won.

Pathetic.

~Sweetmelody~
06-17-2007, 03:57 PM
Garbage perpetuated by their local sports station:
check out the editor's note:

This banner is a public representation of the opinion of a majority of NBA fans in Phoenix and listeners of Sports 620 KTAR based on thousands of phone calls and e-mails about the injustice of the NBA playoffs.

This is not about the Phoenix Suns. It is much bigger than one franchise. It's about a tainted NBA World Championship and a general dissatisfaction among basketball fans.

This prevailing theme has been confirmed with embarrassing low television ratings. Although it won't show in the official record book, I think it's important to remind the NBA that there is, and will forever be, a perceived asterisk next to this NBA championship.

Congratulations to the San Antonio Spurs basketball team on winning another NBA title. It's just unfortunate that NBA fans will never know if the best team actually won.

Pathetic.

Wow! How sad, can't they at least have a little respect for the champs?

JMarkJohns
06-17-2007, 04:35 PM
Being that I don't live in Phoenix, I never knew lunacy was taken to such extremes...

It is very sad.

Johnny RIngo
06-17-2007, 04:37 PM
LOL S0NS fans still whining

WalterBenitez
06-17-2007, 04:51 PM
moral victories doesn't count ... moral championship is good :p:

VinnyTestesVerde
06-17-2007, 05:05 PM
LOL S0NS fans still whining

gaKNOW!blee
06-17-2007, 05:34 PM
for da_s0ns_fan : I'd gladly put asterixes on your nba titles for whatever reasons (you can always find something to whine about). Unfortunately, I checked and man, you earned JACK SHIT :cry

suns trophy room
http://www.subcentral.ch/images/history/010117-raum_leer.jpg

The Spurs'...

http://ayeready.com/ibrox/images/trophyroom.jpg