PDA

View Full Version : While Dumbya & His Stepford Wife Lit A Christmas Tree...

JohnnyMarzetti
12-04-2004, 09:07 AM
Here's what John Kerry did:

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20041202/i/r3878479840.jpg
Former U.S. presidential candidate, Senator John Kerry (D-MA), lays flowers on the casket of U.S. Marine Lance Cpl. Dimitrios Gavriel during his military funeral at Arlington National Cemetery near Washington DC, December 2, 2004. Gavriel, from Haverhill, Massachusetts, died November 19 while fighting in Al Anbar Province in Iraq (news - web sites) and his funeral is the 99th 'Operation Iraqi Freedom' funeral at Arlington National Cemetery. REUTERS/Jason Reed

Bush hasn't made it to a single funeral of a soldier killed in HIS war.

I think it's commendable that Kerry attended, and I think it's deplorable that Bush hasn't attended a funeral.

Didn't Bush say at the first debate that he met with the wife of a fallen soldier and "I tried to love her as best that I could"? Pass the Pepto. I'm sure that made it all better. What arrogance.

Hook Dem
12-04-2004, 10:35 AM
Here's what John Kerry did:

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20041202/i/r3878479840.jpg
Former U.S. presidential candidate, Senator John Kerry (D-MA), lays flowers on the casket of U.S. Marine Lance Cpl. Dimitrios Gavriel during his military funeral at Arlington National Cemetery near Washington DC, December 2, 2004. Gavriel, from Haverhill, Massachusetts, died November 19 while fighting in Al Anbar Province in Iraq (news - web sites) and his funeral is the 99th 'Operation Iraqi Freedom' funeral at Arlington National Cemetery. REUTERS/Jason Reed

I think it's commendable that Kerry attended, and I think it's deplorable that Bush hasn't attended a funeral.

Didn't Bush say at the first debate that he met with the wife of a fallen soldier and "I tried to love her as best that I could"? Pass the Pepto. I'm sure that made it all better. What arrogance.
Youth and arrogance go together Johnny and you are full of both. Run for President now while you still know everything because as you get older, you will realize you don't and never did. The election is over Johnny! Kerry isn't coming back. Get over it!!!!!!

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-04-2004, 02:20 PM

I call bullshit on this one.

Drachen
12-04-2004, 02:29 PM
Actually I have read several articles claiming this along with bush quotes about busy schedule, and such. They were paper articles though. Ill see if I cant provide a link.

dcole50
12-05-2004, 07:30 AM
Actually I have read several articles claiming this along with bush quotes about busy schedule, and such.As have I.

Spurminator
12-05-2004, 11:40 AM
It was Bush's sixth visit to wounded troops at Walter Reed since the war on terror began in late 2001. The hospital has treated 3,612 patients from the Iraq war alone, 868 of them with combat injuries. Bush also has visited with wounded troops at the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, Md. As he travels around the country he also frequently meets with soldiers or families of those who have been killed.

Military.com (http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,13319,FL_bush_111004,00.html)

"But it's not a funeral..."

This is just more partisan knit-picking. There are plenty of reasons a President would not attend a soldier's funeral besides the fact that he has some pretty important responsibilities. For one thing, what family wants the burial of their son or daughter turned into a media circus?

You'd just label it another photo op anyway... Stick to important issues, this is lame.

Hook Dem
12-05-2004, 12:33 PM
Two sides to every story Spurm. Thanks for setting it straight. Johnny's gonna have a long 4 years if he keeps this up. Bitterness will destroy a person.

Brodels
12-05-2004, 03:01 PM

It's a good pr move for Kerry. And that's all it is.

Of course, Kerry has a lot more time to do that kind of stuff anyway. He hasn't actually shown up at his job much at all. If he would take his job as a U.S. Senator even remotely seriously, I could respect him taking time to attend funerals.

How can you represent your state if you never show up? He's a joke.

Jekka
12-05-2004, 06:55 PM
I just wanted to commend you on the Stepford wife reference - it's the best description of Laura Bush I've heard in a long time.

Spurminator
12-05-2004, 08:11 PM
Why?

travis2
12-06-2004, 07:30 AM
Johnny TheNazi just hasn't found any Jewish headstones to deface lately.