PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs should try to get Kobe

whottt
06-17-2007, 02:29 AM
He likes Pop.

We could get LA unde the cap real easily and we have lots of talent and draft picks to trade them.

I say we trade Beno, Barry, Finley, Bonner(sign him to a nice big one year max contract), Scola, Sanikidze, Javtokas and Mahinimi for Kobe...plus our 3 draft picks.

Then next year we have a lineup like this:

Parker
Manu
Kobe
Bruce
Duncan
Horry
Oberto
Elson
Butler
James White

I think that team would kick some serious butt.

Plus we could still use the MLE on Nocioni.

If the numbers are too one sided we could always get them to throw in Tauriaf or Bynum to balance things out.

And see...by doing this, LA ensure the Celtics won't be winning any titles for a couple of years...thus we protect their spot in history while they rebuild.

J.T.
06-17-2007, 02:32 AM
You think Kobe would come to SA after we made him cry?

The only problem with that trade is I think this team has great chemistry right now and a shake-up like that could ruin it. It looks like most of the guys in the rotation are coming back and if they play this well together next season I think that team would kick just as much butt.

dav4463
06-17-2007, 02:36 AM
Kobe likes Bruce Bowen. He's one of the players that doesn't think Bruce is dirty. Plus Kobe's elbows to the head of the opponent will fit in nicely with our new "thug" image!

The Truth #6
06-17-2007, 02:36 AM
Why would LA trade Kobe and not get any of our big 3? That's insane.

J.T.
06-17-2007, 02:39 AM
Because if they took one of the big three, it would ruin all of those "So a French guy, an Argentinean and an Islander walk into a bar..." jokes

whottt
For the same reason they would trade Shaq without getting Dwayne Wade?

K-State Spur
I think it's safe to say that Whottt is taking a hack at the posters who propose trades in which we give up our scrubs for productive players on other rosters.

medstudent
06-17-2007, 02:42 AM
I'm curious as to whether Showbe has a trade approval clause in his contract. I'm sure he doesnt want to end up somewhere like Atlanta

Infamous
06-17-2007, 02:42 AM
I remember when Kobe was thinking about coming to the Spurs back in the summer of 2004 was it? I also remember it like it was yesterday reading an article on the newspaper that said "Ginobili packs his bags" or something along those lines saying that Manu was leaving and it showed a picture with his back turned carrying his luggage. I think Kobe coming to the Spurs that summer was pretty close.

J.T.
06-17-2007, 02:43 AM
Trade portland kobe for the #1 overall this year, then LA gets oden and will start a new Laker dynasty!

medstudent
06-17-2007, 02:45 AM
I remember when Kobe was thinking about coming to the Spurs back in the summer of 2004 was it? I also remember it like it was yesterday reading an article on the newspaper that said "Ginobili packs his bags" or something along those lines saying that Manu was leaving and it showed a picture with his back turned carrying his luggage. I think Kobe coming to the Spurs that summer was pretty close.

I just thought of it as a polite threat to the front office to make a commitment to win immediately and not rebuild

ChumpDumper
06-17-2007, 04:20 AM
rape > dogfighting?

spurscenter
06-17-2007, 04:26 AM
Trade portland kobe for the #1 overall this year, then LA gets oden and will start a new Laker dynasty!

you know what

this makes sense

really it does

I would do it if it was

Brandon Roy and Oden for Kobe

then the lakers have

Brandon Roy, Lamar Odom, Oden, Kwame Brown, and SG

WalterBenitez
06-17-2007, 06:28 AM
The second after he get SA's airport cemistry issues will starts

Kamnik
06-17-2007, 06:32 AM
I say we trade Beno, Barry, Finley, Bonner(sign him to a nice big one year max contract), Scola, Sanikidze, Javtokas and Mahinimi for Kobe...plus our 3 draft picks.

Are you retarded?

Serious question.

alamo50
06-17-2007, 06:43 AM
NEVER EVER EVERRR!!!!

:cuss

TDMVPDPOY
06-17-2007, 06:44 AM
kobe didnt wanan play robin with shaq,

what makes you think he wants to play with the 3 amigos?

still.focused
06-17-2007, 07:46 AM
I'm curious as to whether Showbe has a trade approval clause in his contract. I'm sure he doesnt want to end up somewhere like Atlanta
Yeah He has a no trade clause
And a trrade kickeer that adds 13 mil over the next 4 yrs
AAAAND he can opt out after 08

Strike
06-17-2007, 07:52 AM
Kobe to SA?

No.

Fucking.

Way.

SpursFanFirst
06-17-2007, 08:10 AM
:wtf NO THANK YOU! Ugh! I wouldn't want him on this team for anything!

spurscenter
06-17-2007, 08:53 AM
Lakers will not trade Kobe unles we give them parker or Ginobili

ManuTastic
06-17-2007, 08:58 AM
How about this? Kobe for:
Beno, the rights to Pop's collection of wine corks, and an autographed poster of Tony Parker.

I'm sure the Lakers would jump at that too.
Next.

AnotherArgie
06-17-2007, 09:26 AM
I would do that just to see Kobe don't start and "bring spark from the bench". That would kill him.

wildbill2u
06-17-2007, 09:30 AM
Bizarre idea. Kobe's ego alone won't allow any trade to a small market like SA.

mookie2001
06-17-2007, 09:32 AM
i agree with whottt, we would be awesome with kobe. trade manu though too

ducks
06-17-2007, 09:35 AM
lakers would want tp
not manu because he is young
and how in the hell do you trade finals mvp for kobe

florige
06-17-2007, 09:37 AM
He likes Pop.

We could get LA unde the cap real easily and we have lots of talent and draft picks to trade them.

Parker
Manu
Kobe
Bruce
Duncan
Horry
Oberto
Elson
Butler
James White

If the numbers are too one sided we could always get them to throw in Tauriaf or Bynum to balance things out.

And see...by doing this, LA ensure the Celtics won't be winning any titles for a couple of years...thus we protect their spot in history while they rebuild.

I agree with you. But I'm not sure we can get Kobe without LA trying to make a big run at Parker. They are desperate for a PG, and I would be surprised if they didn't try to make a run at Parker. I'm not sure of the chemistry issues, Pop would just have to get thorough Kobay's head not to shoot us out of games with his sometimes dissmal shooting displays. I would much rather have a T-Mac type of player to be honest. On this Spurs team anyway. T-Mac is every bit as good as Kobe. But T-Mac REALLY wants to win a title. While I'm not doubting Kobe wants another one too, Kobe still is Kobe if you follow me... :lol

Texas_Ranger
06-17-2007, 09:50 AM
fuck kobe.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-17-2007, 12:07 PM
You are stupid, right?

Kobe plays the same position Manu does. How do you reconcile that? Just for that one I think your idea is ridiculous to say the least. Not even considering the amount of money to shell out and put up with his constant whinning. Your attempt to be a troll is only surpassed by your retardeness.

Marcus Bryant
06-17-2007, 12:08 PM
No way do you land Kobe without giving up at least one of the Big 3. Anyways, what's the need to do so?

Extra Stout
06-17-2007, 12:10 PM
:lmao This thread is awesome. Good job, whottt.

Marcus Bryant
06-17-2007, 12:13 PM
:lmao This thread is awesome. Good job, whottt.

Well, Barry is the centerpiece of whottt's hypo. I guess he's the only player in the league whottt would give up Barry to acquire.

BlackFlagg
06-17-2007, 12:19 PM
How about this? Kobe for:
Beno, the rights to Pop's collection of wine corks, and an autographed poster of Tony Parker.

Still no! :nope

SequSpur
06-17-2007, 04:32 PM
I think not, but it's interesting he keeps demanding to be on a winning team. There is only one left and that's the Spurs... WTF? Not everyone can be a Spur.

What losing team is going to trade for this dude?

texasqb2
06-17-2007, 04:33 PM
No way do the Lakers trade him to a good team in the West maybe not any team in the West.....I still feel like if they deal Kobe, they automatically become the Clippers of old and LA's 2nd team.

Ronaldo McDonald
06-17-2007, 04:33 PM
I would trade Gino, Barry, Elson, Scola, Minhimni (sp?) our picks for him

Slo spurs fan
06-17-2007, 04:34 PM
Kobe for Beno & apple pie.

Johnny RIngo
06-17-2007, 04:42 PM
Kobe's too costly for most teams. You wouldn't have enough championship calibre players left on the team after trading for him. Besides, he's probably staying in LA anyway.

MrChug
06-17-2007, 04:43 PM
I say it's only a few 3-4 years before Eva drags Tony's dumb young ass to L.A. anyway because "It's the best for her career".

...you heard it here first. I'm not gonna say I told ya so.

WalterBenitez
06-17-2007, 04:49 PM
I would trade Gino, Barry, Elson, Scola, Minhimni (sp?) our picks for him

I would trade you, your entire family, your house, your pets for a Kobe's photoshop wearing #8 Spurs' jersey

ChumpDumper
06-17-2007, 04:50 PM
I say it's only a few 3-4 years before Eva drags Tony's dumb young ass to L.A. anyway because "It's the best for her career".

...you heard it here first. I'm not gonna say I told ya so.You just did.

MrChug
06-17-2007, 04:52 PM
You just did.

WHEN IT HAPPENS smartass :lol

ChumpDumper
06-17-2007, 04:53 PM
It'd probably be the best thing for Tony's career too.

Ronaldo McDonald
06-17-2007, 04:53 PM
I would trade you, your entire family, your house, your pets for a Kobe's photoshop wearing #8 Spurs' jersey

then take of the these fucking shackles budy!

Cherry
06-17-2007, 05:16 PM

No Way :downspin:

dallaskd
06-17-2007, 05:18 PM
Manu, Parker, Horry, 2 first rounders for Kobe

smeagol
06-17-2007, 09:01 PM
Manu is old. He should pack his bags.

Do it Holt!

Jamtas#2
06-17-2007, 09:06 PM
Gosh, I'd hate to see what your NBA Live (or 2K) team looks like.

midgetonadonkey
06-17-2007, 09:07 PM
Manu is old. He should pack his bags.

Do it Holt!

I agree.

TampaDude
06-17-2007, 09:40 PM
Kobe ain't ever coming to SA...BOOK IT!

ShoogarBear
06-17-2007, 10:32 PM
James White!

whottt
06-17-2007, 10:56 PM
James "El Sombrero" White!

Fixed

Nathan Explosion
06-17-2007, 11:13 PM
If you could give up anyone but the Big 3, I'd say do it. You all may not like Kobe, but you can't deny the guy is a talent of the highest level. As for Kobe taking Gino's position, the 2/3 spots are almost interchangeable in the Spurs system.

Having a lineup of Parker, Gino, Kobe, Duncan and Oberto/Elson would be sick. I'd imagine it work for a couple of reasons: 1) Duncan is not Shaq and doesn't mind taking a backseat so others can shine bright. He just cares about winning. 2) You'd have to hope that Kobe learned his lesson with the whole Shaq feud. Plus RC is light years ahead of Kupchak in the GM department.

And I'd imagine Pop could connect with Kobe because he'd be real with him, and not just make foolish promises to woo him over. He'd expect Kobe to earn his spot on the All NBA Defense team, and Kobe is still athletic enough to become a great defender.

The trade is probably not possible and/or too expensive, but if the Spurs front office figures it out without trading Parker, Gino and Duncan, you'd be stupid not to do it.

Think about it, 3 nearly impossible to guard perimeter players with range flanking Duncan who's still the best big man in the game. Who dangerous would the Spurs be? You'd have a PG that is getting better and better, and now adding his shooting to his quickness, can be a pain to handle. You'd have a 2 guard with no fear who is so unorthodox, most defenders can't stay in front of him, in addition to his clutch shooting, and ability to get to the basket and take a hit. You'd have the superstar SG/SF who can finish over anyone at the rim, also has no fear of the big stage, and is also impossible to stay in front of, especially when he's firing on all cylinders. Plus, some work with Chip would only make him more dangerous.

Oh, and you'd only have the best player in the game in the post, who's unselfish play makes everyone go. The guy who gets easy shots for EVERYONE. Hell, with some practice, I could probably chip in about 10 points from the perimeter with all the open looks I'd get with Duncan in the post. He leads by example, works hard, plays the post better than anyone in the game. Oh, and he's been known to get tough baskets when the team needs one and lock down the paint on the other end.

And of course, the garbage man Oberto cleaning up everyone's mistakes.

Why wouldn't you want a team like that?

Sweetey
06-17-2007, 11:15 PM
Kobe is TRASH and David Robinson would NEVER allow that piece on his team. Bank on THAT !!!!

SpurOutofTownFan
06-17-2007, 11:25 PM
If you could give up anyone but the Big 3, I'd say do it. You all may not like Kobe, but you can't deny the guy is a talent of the highest level. As for Kobe taking Gino's position, the 2/3 spots are almost interchangeable in the Spurs system.

Having a lineup of Parker, Gino, Kobe, Duncan and Oberto/Elson would be sick. I'd imagine it work for a couple of reasons: 1) Duncan is not Shaq and doesn't mind taking a backseat so others can shine bright. He just cares about winning. 2) You'd have to hope that Kobe learned his lesson with the whole Shaq feud. Plus RC is light years ahead of Kupchak in the GM department.

Are you going to have Kobe play small forward? because Manu can't play that pos.

Nathan Explosion
06-17-2007, 11:29 PM
Are you going to have Kobe play small forward? because Manu can't play that pos.

Again, in the Spurs system, the 2 and 3 positions are interchangeable, as are the 4 and 5. That's the word out of Spurs camp anyway.

so technically I'd put Gino at the 2 and Kobe at the 3, but it wouldn't really matter who was where because it's all about matchups,

Hell, in 2005, Pop had Bowen on Billups (a 3 on a 1) Parker on Hamilton (a 1 on a 2) and Gino on Prince (a 2 on a very long 3). Positions don't matter as much as matchups.

Guru of Nothing
06-17-2007, 11:29 PM
That's sure is some smelly bait, Whottt.

http://www.petstainremoval.com/Stinky_Pet_Odor.bmp

Nathan Explosion
06-17-2007, 11:32 PM

Also, don't forget that someone has to be the 3 when Gino and Barry are playing at the same time. For a typical 3, none of them fit the bill as both are thin and lanky.

Doesn't seem to affect the team much though. I think Gino plays the 3 in that lineup.

whottt
06-18-2007, 12:04 AM
That's sure is some smelly bait, Whottt.

http://www.petstainremoval.com/Stinky_Pet_Odor.bmp

You mind? We're trying to have a serious discussion here...

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
06-18-2007, 12:14 AM
:fishing :stirpot:

Marcus Bryant
06-18-2007, 12:15 AM
Fuck Kobe he's only got 3.

Tek_XX
06-18-2007, 12:28 AM
Kobe is walking bad chemistry, although we would be unstoppable if he was on this team.

He ain't leaving L.A.

Nathan Explosion
06-18-2007, 12:35 AM
I think Duncan would be enough to keep that chemistry alive. He and Pop get respect because of their accomplishments.

Plus, Duncan won't care who's taking the shots, only how many games they were winning. If Duncan has been this impressive with Parker and Gino, can you imagine adding superstar talent to that trio? Duncan and another superstar would be amazing all on their own, but Parker and Gino make it too tough to key in on one guy on the perimeter because those guys can make you pay. And all three (Parker, Gino, and Kobe) can break the defense down off the dribble, or spot up outside and wait for the pass from Duncan or another penetrator.

Again, won't happen IMO, but definitely something Kobe should entertain if he's serious about winning.

LaMarcus Bryant
06-18-2007, 05:10 PM

serrouslydahh

trade manu right now for kobe

fatsack
06-18-2007, 05:15 PM
Stern will never let Kobe play in San Antonio. He will stay in the bigger markets. NY, Boston, etc.

Dro210
06-18-2007, 05:41 PM
Give 'em Manu, Barry, Udrih, the rights to Scola, and our 1st round pick...

Seriously

SAGambler
06-18-2007, 05:52 PM
Not No.....BUt HELL NO!!!!

smeagol
06-18-2007, 05:52 PM
serrouslydahh

trade manu right now for kobe
Don't waste any more time. The dude is a waste. His good days are over. Past his prime.

Trade his lazy Argentinian Hot dog ass.

Dro210
06-18-2007, 06:00 PM
Face it... Kobe is the 2nd best player in the NBA next to Timmy. Yall love Manu too much. I love him, but damn.... who even cares if he's getting older.... even at his youngest and best... he's not Kobe.

One thing about Kobe, is he's a winner, he wants to win... and he would undoubtably do that here. There wouldn't be any problems, because they would be winning, and it also takes 2 people to have an arguement... the rest of our guys arn't even gonna entertain that.

You can't stop any one of Kobe, Tim, or Tony without a double or triple team.... and what's gonna happen when you have all 3 of 'em on the floor at the same time on the same team and you have to leave 1 man on Tim? 1 man on Kobe? 1 man on Tony? The shit would be re-damn-diculous.

The guy plays both sides of the ball too... so we wouldn't be sacraficing our defensive domainance for an offensive superstar.

LA desperatly needs an outside shot and a PG.... Barry, no matter what you say about him, can still shoot the lights out. And Beno may be salvagable in an LA situation. He would mostly walk right in and start (depending on who they draft), and a fresh start may be all Beno needs

AnkleBreaker21
06-18-2007, 06:04 PM
Kobe is walking bad chemistry, although we would be unstoppable if he was on this team.

He ain't leaving L.A.
its just that he has no team, i bet it sucks for him to be losing.he would be great for the spurs

AnkleBreaker21
06-18-2007, 06:19 PM
yah right, ask nash or kg or dirk if they would take kobe

dg7md
06-18-2007, 06:19 PM
Stern will never let Kobe play in San Antonio. He will stay in the bigger markets. NY, Boston, etc.

Just like Stern never lets the small market teams in the NBA Finals.

:dramaquee

The Truth #6
06-18-2007, 06:20 PM
Eva will not drag Tony to L.A. L.A. is almost done with Eva. The window for a starlet's career is small. The Spurs, as old as dirt as they are, will stay in the limelight longer than Eva. She's happy to latch on to Tony.

As for Kobe just wanting to win. No. Remember last year versus the Suns when he tried to prove a point by not scoring? He's a headcase. No way Manu ever pulls that kind of crap. Manu is the one who wants to win. Besides, Manu is probably the best bargain in the league. Why get rid of him? If we had lost this year then one can entertain crazy ideas, but not after winning the title.

Dro210
06-18-2007, 06:23 PM
Ok no offense look at the salaries for Manu, Beno and Barry and they aren't even close to what Kobe makes. Don't tell me he wouldn't blow up look at the Lakers when they had Shaq, Karl Malone, Gary Payton and Kobe. Kobe is narrasisticc bastard!

I didn't check the numbers end of it, but you could add something that would make it work

Shaq, Malone, and Payton are assholes w/ ego's as big as their games. Tim, Tony, Bruce, and the rest... arn't. Like I said. It takes 2.

Kobe wants the lime light, he wants to be the man, he will not take a back seat to Duncan, and he will want Parker give him the ball so he can shoot at will!

Kobe wants to win championships above all else. Bank on that

Manu doesn't give a shit about scoring, he doesn't have a huge ego.. he comes off the bench because the team asked him to do it. He puts his body on the line every time he is out on the floor, Is he as good as Kobe no, but he doesn't need to be, because he is perfect for the Spurs.

and we all love him for it..... like even you just said... he's still not Kobe Bryant

And Manu is only 29 years old Bryant is 28 years old. Kobe doesn't guarantee a championship, nothing does. This team just one the Championship and now we should break up our big 3 because of it? And don't tell me Kobe wouldn't cause any chemisty issues because that is total bull shit. Nobody wants to play with him!

This is all hypothetical. You're obviously a Manu fanatic. I said who cares about age anyway. This is not a "trade Manu, just because... " rant. I love Manu, but if I can get Kobe Bryant... we'll see you around Manu, thanks for everything! As far as guaranting a championship, it pretty much would barring injury.

Dro210
06-18-2007, 06:28 PM
Eva will not drag Tony to L.A. L.A. is almost done with Eva. The window for a starlet's career is small. The Spurs, as old as dirt as they are, will stay in the limelight longer than Eva. She's happy to latch on to Tony.

As for Kobe just wanting to win. No. Remember last year versus the Suns when he tried to prove a point by not scoring? He's a headcase. No way Manu ever pulls that kind of crap. Manu is the one who wants to win. Besides, Manu is probably the best bargain in the league. Why get rid of him? If we had lost this year then one can entertain crazy ideas, but not after winning the title.

Maybe that's why we never go back-to-back? Why does just winning the championship mean we shouldn't take every oppurtunity we can to get better?

Complacency is not your friend

Once again... I love Manu.... but Kobe is one of the best to ever play the game, like him or not.....you'd be crazy to not want him.

AnkleBreaker21
06-18-2007, 06:28 PM
:lmao damn i hope manu or the other spurs dont read this shit:lmao

L.I.T
06-18-2007, 07:57 PM
Do it.

But instead, trade Duncan for Kobe. Move Michael Finley to center and promote Beno to starting point guard.

Beno, Parker, Manu, Kobe and Finley would revolutionize the small-ball era.

Eat that Suns and Warriors!

Clutch20
06-18-2007, 08:28 PM
I get the feeling Kobe is past his prime, maybe he feels it too, in terms of being able to sustain enough of an offense for playoff duration, also it would be too big of a transition both on the court and off for him and his just trying to fit in, let alone having the necessary focus that would benefit the Spurs and the community/fans/neighbors, the list goes on.............

Extra Stout
06-18-2007, 08:44 PM
I'm not sure Kobe would be any good on the Spurs. But, the Spurs are shopping Beno and Barry, so why not, if LA will eat the salary.

But if he were good, man what a lineup!

And then imagine if Tony Parker could develop superhuman speed! Wow! Nobody could stop his penetration then! And maybe Manu could shoot laser beams from his eyes!

HJNTX
06-18-2007, 08:50 PM
Kobe will not go anywhere he will have to play second fiddle to anyone .. He's much too selfish a player to be a member of the San Antonio Spurs....

coachmac87
06-18-2007, 09:11 PM
the only player the lakers would take is parker......(besides duncan) if the lakers proposed the trade parker,barry and the rights for scola...give me walton in return and we got a deal

SenorSpur
06-18-2007, 09:24 PM
Kobe = Instant chemistry problems + ball-hogging + prima donna attitude

Screw him.

I know he's the single best talent in the NBA. However considering he's owed something like 88 mil over the next four years and has an opt-out clause after 2 years, why would anyone want to trade for him. He may easily up an walk.

Better yet - puleaze!

dbreiden83080
06-18-2007, 09:26 PM
We have won 4 titles in 9 years in the Duncan Era we do not need Kobe. He is a cancer in the lockeroom and a selfish player. Lakers will not give him up unless they rape your team in the process he is not worth the aggrevation.

Sweetey
06-18-2007, 09:29 PM
Kobe is classless TRASH and the Spurs will NEVER put that TRASH on our ultra-classy team !! NEVER !! We don't want him and damn sure don't need his sorry worthless ass !!

SenorSpur
06-18-2007, 09:40 PM
No offense, but for anyone to suggest that the Spurs SHOULD go after Kobe, you've haven't been carefully observing how and what this franchise, the team and it's philosophy are all about.

Nathan Explosion
06-18-2007, 09:55 PM
You all are forgetting one thing when it comes to the Lakers wanting a lot for Kobe. The Spurs have probably the best GM in the league, and the Lakers have one of the worst. You're telling me RC couldn't figure out a way to fleece the Lakers in this deal the way Miami did with Shaq?

As for the type of team the franchise was building, we did have a nut case named Stephen Jackson on our team. And guess what, while he was here, he was a model citizen. That's due to the influence of Pop and Duncan. You're telling me that Kobe wouldn't respect Pop and Duncan. Pop doesn't play games. If Kobe was interested, Pop would tell him what he thinks, what Kobe's role would be, and how things are run. And if Kobe doesn't like it, then Pop would just say goodbye.

And if you're reading anything in Kobe's comments, it's that he's tired of the lying and the ring around. He'd love Pop's candor and brutal honesty. The Spurs organization has a system built within it that could withstand a person such as Kobe. Duncan is the man, but he doesn't need stats, on wins. Unlike Shaq, Duncan would make plays that will put Kobe in a position to succeed. Parker has shown he's about the team as well. Remember, while accepting the biggest award of his career, he talked about another teammate instead of himself.

Gino is the ultimate team player. I think he'd accept Kobe onto the team. And of course, there's Horry who could help with the transition.

Don't forget, the Spurs may free up some roster money. Nothing can be said until all of that shakes out after free agency. Should the Spurs lose a few players, maybe a trade of Beno, Barry, the rights to Scola, draft picks and what not could work because the Spurs may have the cap space to absorb the rest of the deal.

I'd imagine that if the Spurs wanted to, they could find a way to make it happen while sticking it to the Lakers.

Admidave50
06-18-2007, 09:56 PM
Didn't you tell us that TP (1 Finals MVP) > Kobe (Zero), whottt? :)

dbreiden83080
06-18-2007, 09:58 PM
If it ain't broke don't fix it. Don't forget Kobe is not just about winning titles he is about being the man. That is why he and Shaq hated eachother at the end in LA. Kobe hated not being finals MVP during their 3 peat. You think Kobe would have been totally cool with Parker taking some of his glory in the finals this past year like Tim was not on your life. He needs to be loved and have all the attention winning is not enough it will never be enough for Kobe.

Kobulingam
06-18-2007, 10:07 PM
Lakers aren't going to trade Kobe to Western conference team, unless the team is surely going to be garbage after the trade.

Lakers will either keep Kobe or trade him to an Eastern team (remote possibility of trading him to a crap Western team, but Kobe won't allow this unless there are some extreme reasons).

ATXSPUR
06-18-2007, 10:15 PM
While I would love kobe. Only a moron would trade one of the big 3 for him. We have a stable proven core and two of them are on the right side of 30. One of them will be for the next 5 years. Trading one of them for kobe...while without a doubt Kobe is better than parker or gino would be too big a risk. Not to mention that I have developed a connection with parker and gino. Kobe could blow our locker room up easily...not to mention his salary would eat us alive.

If we could get himi without letting go of one of the big 3 however...then I AM ALL FOR IT!!!

But this is an impossible thing to do anyway so this thread is nothing more than a way to have fun in the offseason.

Cherry
06-18-2007, 10:18 PM
:lmao damn i hope manu or the other spurs dont read this shit:lmao

We just won and some people want trade Manu team-is-everything Ginobili for Kobe-selfish-me-me-me Bryant

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Cherry
06-18-2007, 10:21 PM
No offense, but for anyone to suggest that the Spurs SHOULD go after Kobe, you've haven't been carefully observing how and what this franchise, the team and it's philosophy are all about.

:clap :clap :clap

J.T.
06-18-2007, 10:24 PM
Let's just say the Spurs, hypothetically, did trade Manu for Kobe. If we lost in the playoffs, you'd all say we would have won with Manu. If Kobe torched teams for the playoffs and we repeated, you guys would be all up on his nuts.

In fact you'd be all up on his nuts the first time he drops 50 on a team in a Spurs uniform (2 better than Manu's career high), which would probably be the first game of the season. I hated Kobe as much as the next guy when the Lakers were good, but Kobe is a great basketball player, he wants to win, and he respects the Spurs, Popovich, and Bowen. I don't think he'd destroy this team, because Tim Duncan wouldn't let him come to his team and ruin it. If we could trade Manu to get Kobe, as much as I like Manu, I do that trade. I'd bet you Kobe plays a lot better when he doesn't have the pressure to carry the team. At this point in his career, Kobe enjoyed a 3-peat, which not many teams can say they've done, and wants back to the promised land. I think he'd accept a lesser role on the Spurs if it meant more rings.

If we could trade for Kobe without losing Manu or Parker, this team would win championships every year until TD retires.

But sadly, even if the Spurs dumped some contracts in a trade, I don't think they can afford Kobe. I could see the Lakers trading him to a west team this time, because with Shaq they had to get him East to protect Kobe from being eliminated by a Shaq-led team unless it was in the Finals. He could end up in SA if the right strings are pulled but it's probably not going to happen.

Nathan Explosion
06-18-2007, 10:26 PM
The franchise has been about winning, and having Kobe on your team along with the Big 3 is a definite title favorite, and a major upgrade in talent over years past. Plus, adding an otherwordly talent in his prime can't hurt a team that much considering how strong the foundation is to begin with.

As I said and someone else said as well, trade for Kobe, but not Parker, Duncan or Gino. Anyone but those 3 and you do that trade in a heartbeat.

Anyone who wouldn't want Kobe hasn't been paying attention to what this franchise has been about the past 10 years, winning more than any other team in the 4 major sports.

spursfaninla
06-18-2007, 10:29 PM
Lakers can get an all-star level player for kobe. Phoenix could give them Marion and either Barbosa or Diaw and not blink.

Do you think the Lakers would take our garbage for Kobe? They would likely want Manu AND Parker.

Don't forget Kobe is worth more than just the points; he sells jerseys. He is worth money for the organization he is with.

What did AI net? Andre Miller (good but no longer elite), Joe Smith (below average but servicable), and 2 first round draft picks. However, the difference being that Kobe is IN his prime, and AI is clearly on the down slope of his, to be honest...

Unless Spurs give up Either Manu or Parker, and most likely both, the Lakers have better offers from NY, Chicago, Phoenix, and other WINNERS besides us.

Please, I beg of you, stop thinking (and posting) otherwise.

LakeShow
06-18-2007, 10:37 PM
Kobe to SA? Not in this lifetime.

meta2007
06-18-2007, 10:44 PM
Some spur funs want to prove spur still can win the title without Manu. Maybe because these years Manu save spurs too many times. Some fans just cannot tolerate this. In fact, maybe not just Manu, spur fans want to prove spur can win the title without any certain person, as long as this team is called San Antonio Spurs.

From history, this is why a hero's tragedy start!

TradeManu4Kobe
06-18-2007, 10:50 PM
Kobe to SA? Not in this lifetime.Kobe wants to Win.

Get Rid of Manu! He'll be happy in LA.

KOBE! KOBE! KOBE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T64TQw4BUwA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb_BNQSjFyg

meta2007
06-18-2007, 10:54 PM
I assume you are a laker fun.

Kobe wants to Win.

Get Rid of Manu! He'll be happy in LA.

KOBE! KOBE! KOBE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb_BNQSjFyg

TradeManu4Kobe
06-19-2007, 12:29 AM
Make it happen R C:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=110~42~2508~272~2448&teams=24~13~13~13~13

LakerLanny
06-19-2007, 12:51 AM
Make it happen R C:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=110~42~2508~272~2448&teams=24~13~13~13~13

As soon as Manu put on a Laker uniform, the flop fest he has enjoyed would end.

Can you imagine the look on his face the first time he realizes the Lakers don't get that call? Stay in San Antonio Manu, for your own good. :oops

Johnny RIngo
06-19-2007, 01:01 AM
Make it happen R C:

Laker's would never do that. The whole topic is retarded actually:

1. Kobe would never go to a small market team, let alone the Spurs.

2. The Spurs don't have enough of a talent pool to be able to land Kobe AND still compete.

It's plain stupid to break up a championship team just to land an egomaniac superstar.

TradeManu4Kobe
06-19-2007, 01:37 AM
1. Kobe would never go to a small market team, let alone the Spurs.

2. The Spurs don't have enough of a talent pool to be able to land Kobe AND still compete.

It's plain stupid to break up a championship team just to land an egomaniac superstar.At what point does a small market become a big market? Kobe could be that push. :spin Or for all we know he could actually want to get out of a giant city.

Tim, Kobe, Parker, Bruce is all the Spurs need.

About being an egomaniac superstar, I think hes past that. In one of his radio interviews about wanting to be traded, Kobe admitted he made a mistake with Shaq. He sounded very sincere, said he was young and now realizes he blew it.

In all his talks about being traded he says he wants to WIN. He knows he'll win as a Spur. He knows working with a great big man equals championships. He loves Pop/Bowen and they love him.

Manu is older than Kobe and less talented. Plus Kobe Bryant is FUCKIN KOBE BRYANT. Arguably the best player in the game. MR 81! We won't miss manu. Sorry Gino, its just business...hahahaha

Johnny RIngo
06-19-2007, 01:42 AM
At what point does a small market become a big market? Kobe could be that push. :spin Or for all we know he could actually want to get out of a giant city.

Tim, Kobe, Parker, Bruce is all the Spurs need.

About being an egomaniac superstar, I think hes past that. In one of his radio interviews about wanting to be traded, Kobe admitted he made a mistake with Shaq. He sounded very sincere, said he was young and now realizes he blew it.

In all his talks about being traded he says he wants to WIN. He knows he'll win as a Spur. He knows working with a great big man equals championships. He loves Pop/Bowen and they love him.

Manu is older than Kobe and less talented. Plus Kobe Bryant is FUCKIN KOBE BRYANT. Arguably the best player in the game. MR 81! We won't miss manu. Sorry Gino, its just business...hahahaha

It's going to take more than Manu+scrubs to land Kobe. Like I said, the Spurs aren't deep enough to land Kobe and still compete.

TradeManu4Kobe
06-19-2007, 01:55 AM
cash? draft rights of our oversea players? future draft picks? a multiple team deal involving other big players.

plus its about how you sell it. scrubs? nahh jackie is a future moses malone and beno...well they can think of something. gotta remember Mitch Kupchak is an idiot.

KOBE :hungry: KOBE :hungry: KOBE

Johnny RIngo
06-19-2007, 02:02 AM
cash? draft rights of our oversea players? future draft picks? a multiple team deal involving other big players...we can work out something.

KOBE :hungry: KOBE :hungry: KOBE

Never gonna happen.

spurs1990
06-19-2007, 03:11 AM
Whats this about Bryant wanting to join Dallas or Phoenix...why no love for SA?

Look KB, if you want to WIN as your website submits, wait your time in LA and sign here in 2009....

itzsoweezee
06-19-2007, 03:36 AM
kobe, now that's a team-first type player that the spurs love. what was it he said about bynum? oh yeah, "ship his ass out of here." oh he'd fit right in in the san antonio locker room.

dude's a fucking cancer. lol @ idiots on here ready to break a team that just won the championship for that piece of shit called kobe bryant.

rwb
06-19-2007, 03:39 AM
No. No. No. This is why:

http://bobsblogpoint.blogspot.com/2007/06/kobes-swinging-door.html

dg7md
06-19-2007, 04:26 AM
4th quarter Manu in the 05 Finals game 7 and 4th quarter Manu in our win versus the Cavs in game 4 is exactly why you don't trade away Manu.

Kobe is, was, and always will be a better player than Manu, but with Manu we have chemistry, a true-team player and a man who always comes through in the big Finals games without any fuss. You never hear controversy about him.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-19-2007, 04:55 AM
4th quarter Manu in the 05 Finals game 7 and 4th quarter Manu in our win versus the Cavs in game 4 is exactly why you don't trade away Manu.

Kobe is, was, and always will be a better player than Manu, but with Manu we have chemistry, a true-team player and a man who always comes through in the big Finals games without any fuss. You never hear controversy about him.
Manu is like lightning in a bottle, for the Spurs.

Butt....If we were deeper, Spurs would be unbeatable with Kobe, theoretically.
..but good news,

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=110~42~2508~234~347~2448~3037&teams=24~13~13~13~13~13~13

we don't have to trade any of the big 3 for Kobe after all! :elephant

spurs1990
06-19-2007, 06:30 AM
dude's a fucking cancer. lol @ idiots on here ready to break a team that just won the championship for that piece of shit called kobe bryant.

Not sure what you mean but Bryant is far from a shitty player.

My Christ, I'd love to have the most dominant, exciting, and magnetic talent in the league on my team and that player has been one Kobe Bean Bryant for the last 10 years.

Hate on him all you want for wearing the P & G, but do yourself a favor and pull up some youtube clips to get a quick dosage on his ass-kicking ability.

I've been saying it for 6 years but Bryant is the most under-appreciated talent in the NBA, with his off-court antics decaying his stature in people's mind.

I'm not serious about trading Ginobili and Parker for him (not really anyways), but if dude wants to win championships, that road is going through south Texas for the foreseeable future, and he might want to saddle up in Silver and Black if the opportunity permits.

jag
06-19-2007, 07:02 AM

And I'd imagine Pop could connect with Kobe because he'd be real with him, and not just make foolish promises to woo him over. He'd expect Kobe to earn his spot on the All NBA Defense team, and Kobe is still athletic enough to become a great defender.

The trade is probably not possible and/or too expensive, but if the Spurs front office figures it out without trading Parker, Gino and Duncan, you'd be stupid not to do it.

Think about it, 3 nearly impossible to guard perimeter players with range flanking Duncan who's still the best big man in the game. Who dangerous would the Spurs be? You'd have a PG that is getting better and better, and now adding his shooting to his quickness, can be a pain to handle. You'd have a 2 guard with no fear who is so unorthodox, most defenders can't stay in front of him, in addition to his clutch shooting, and ability to get to the basket and take a hit. You'd have the superstar SG/SF who can finish over anyone at the rim, also has no fear of the big stage, and is also impossible to stay in front of, especially when he's firing on all cylinders. Plus, some work with Chip would only make him more dangerous.

Oh, and you'd only have the best player in the game in the post, who's unselfish play makes everyone go. The guy who gets easy shots for EVERYONE. Hell, with some practice, I could probably chip in about 10 points from the perimeter with all the open looks I'd get with Duncan in the post. He leads by example, works hard, plays the post better than anyone in the game. Oh, and he's been known to get tough baskets when the team needs one and lock down the paint on the other end.

And of course, the garbage man Oberto cleaning up everyone's mistakes.

Why wouldn't you want a team like that?

omg i hope you did this as a joke...and even then it's too much typing to be worth it. :depressed

florige
06-19-2007, 07:13 AM
Right Trade Manu, who is unselfish, willing to come off the bench and hustles everytime he is on the floor. Didn't we just win a the championship? Now we should trade Manu?

Another thing there isn't enough shoots around for Parker, Duncan and Kobe on the same team.

Bring in the arrogrant prick, who likes to cause drama, always a wise choice!

Not against getting Kobe here, but no at the expense if any of our 3. NO WAY!!

Findog
06-19-2007, 07:28 AM
He likes Pop.

Parker
Manu
Kobe
Bruce
Duncan
Horry
Oberto
Elson
Butler
James White

Yeah, the Lakers will do that, trade $1.00 for 25 cents. And strengthen the Spurs in the process.

smeagol
06-19-2007, 08:15 AM
Yes Manu needs to be traded.

I'm with the mookie crowd on this one.

When it comes to basket ball takes (and 9/11 theories) it's them who I always look up to for knowledge.

smeagol
06-19-2007, 08:30 AM
manu's nothing but an aging hipster
Who told you that?

Mookie or cbf?

ArgSpursFan
06-19-2007, 08:37 AM
manu's nothing but an aging hipster

I though youīve learned a lesson after your thread:donīt cry for manu argentina.
But I guess you didnīt.
You still the same idiot.
keep on bashing while Ļthe ArgiesĻ keep on winning championships for S.A.

Magic_Johnson
06-19-2007, 08:39 AM
well maybe kobe would like to come
he's friend with tp
he was on the tp show a few weeks ago

smeagol
06-19-2007, 08:52 AM
You still the same idiot.

He is no idiot.

He is a well reputed poster.

Hey pimpo, how's that trademanu4kobe nick doing? Or is that cbf? Or oscar de la?

SenorSpur
06-19-2007, 09:07 AM
For those who keep clamoring for the Spurs to go after Kobe, consider these questions:

Are you prepared to jepoardize the team chemistry by infusing this guy?

The Spurs have fashioned a team of very good players who play together, play for one another and within the framework of Pop's philosophy. There is a balance between talent and teamwork that exists on this team. Something that is very rare and generally unachievable on a sports team. That's one of the main reasons the Spurs have been as successful as they've been. That's part of the reason they've been able to conquer the usual "one-man" and "two-man" teams they've encountered that do not embrace a similar philosophy. No one is concerned with who gets credit or who wins awards.

Kobe claims how important winning is to him. As important as he says that is, it's obvious that "being the man" or being the primary driver behind that team success is just as important to him. He's a spoiled, petulent child who thinks of himself first and has no personal accountability for his own actions. Look no further than how he's handled this situation.

Are you willing to trash the favorable salary structure situation that the FO has created?

NBA trades involve matching up salaries. Kobe makes as much or even slightly more than TD. Therefore, you're likely going to have to give up at least 2 of the big three and other scraps for Kobe. Acquiring Kobe will trash the teams salary structure and prevent them from adding key FA parts over the next couple of years.

How do you fit a mega-star into a small market?

Kobe would never be content playing a market like San Antonio. Why? Market size is too small. Lights aren't bright enough. Kobe has to play on a big stage. He needs the endorsements. He craves the attention. He's a high-maintenance superstar, who needs constant love and appreciation.

Why would you want to rent a player?

Kobe has an opt-out clause in his contract that he can exercise in 2 years. For whoever is interested in acquiring him, there is no guarantee that he will resign with that team.

What is the key ingredient for being successful in the Spurs organization?

Answer: Get over yourself. We've heard Pop say it time and again. In short, check your ego at the door, play defense and buy into the team concept.

Make no mistake. Kobe is as talented a player as they come. He's approached the rare atmosphere to which Jordan occupied. Howver if he truly wants to emulate Jordan, he should stay in L.A. and try to make the Fakers relevant again. Unfortunately for him, the Fakers have been unable to attract FAs, in part because of Bryant. It's widely known that very few players want to play with the guy.

41times
06-19-2007, 09:22 AM
Forget about Kobe.

First of all you guys don't need him to win a Title. Proven 4 times.
2nd of all he is a pain in the ass.
3rd the Lakers aren't going to trade him to a team in the West and watch him beat them up every chance he gets. (see Shaq)

So as the Italion Mobster might say.......fuhgetaboutit.........

MoSpur
06-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Didn't he give the team a list of teams that he would like to be traded to that included only NY, Chicago, and Phoenix?

lebomb
06-19-2007, 10:28 AM
The only way the Spurs could EVER get Kobe is.....straight up for Tim Duncan (wont happen) or Kobe for Tony and Manu (wont happen).

So this is a STUPID ASS POST.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-19-2007, 10:34 AM
1. Bringing Kobe doesn't guarantee getting another ring
2. He's too expensive - it would blow up Spurs's expectations to be a title contender going forward as you can't add anymore talent after paying him the salary
3. He just doesn't quite fit in (he only has 3 rings, not enough)
4. He will try score on his own rather than playing team ball
5. I don't think the Spurs can win without Manu. Period.
6. I don't believe the NBA will allow Kobe to leave LA
7. Trade your mom
8. Dream on

MoSpur
06-19-2007, 10:42 AM
Kobe wants to go a big market city. San Antonio can dream on. His recent actions show Kobe is not San Antonio type. I think he will do great in the Eastern Conference. I would like to see him as a NY Knick. I like the Knicks and would enjoy seeing more of their games on national TV. If Kobe goes to NY, I get my wish as to seeing more of the Knicks on national TV.

ATXSPUR
06-19-2007, 10:45 AM
The only way the Spurs could EVER get Kobe is.....straight up for Tim Duncan (wont happen) or Kobe for Tony and Manu (wont happen).

So this is a STUPID ASS POST.

Nice flame...maybe next time you can be a bit more constructive :rolleyes

smeagol
06-19-2007, 10:55 AM
Kobe in SA would lift the ratings of 2008's finals. This would shut up those stupoid pseudo-journalists.

I say do it!

Plus, Manu is old and worthless, as the mookie crowd keeps pointing out.

MoSpur
06-19-2007, 11:04 AM
I know Kobe has way more game than Manu, but for some reason I wouldn't do it. Manu does so much for this team. It doesn't show up on the stat sheet or on the Nike commercials, but Manu has as many rings as Kobe.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-19-2007, 11:12 AM
Kobe in SA would lift the ratings of 2008's finals. This would shut up those stupoid pseudo-journalists.

I say do it!

Let me be blunt for a minute there. You know shit about what Manu brings. :donkey

ShoogarBear
06-19-2007, 11:25 AM
Thanks for this thread, whottt.

ArgSpursFan
06-19-2007, 11:33 AM
Let me be blunt for a minute there. You know shit about what Manu brings. :donkey

didnīt you realize He was being sarcastic?

SpurOutofTownFan
06-19-2007, 11:37 AM
didnīt you realize He was being sarcastic?

No. Are you his partner?

SenorSpur
06-19-2007, 11:42 AM
This is a stupid thread! Pop isn't trading any of the of the big 3 especially Manu, that he considers the fiercest competitor he has ever seen.

Manu does what is best for the team...he doesn't care about accolades or anything.

Kobe cares about being the man, everyone that has half a brain knows that, that isn't what the Spurs are about!

And why do we need Bryant again? Didn't we just win a title? OH I forgot because we are guaranteed to win once he comes to the Spurs.

In 2004 the Lakers had Bryant, Shaq, Karl Malone, Gary Payton, Rick Fox, and Fisher and they didn't win a title...it's not always about talent...it's about chemistry ...so let's break it up for a ego maniac!!!!!

One minute Kobe wants to stay the next minute he wants to leave, Kobe Bryant is a drama queen. I live in Los Angeles and a lot of my friends that are Lakers Fan are starting to hate this guy because he is whinny bitch!

That was my point. This thread makes no sense. I hope the suggestion of bringing Kobe in was a sarcastic one.

Testing
06-19-2007, 12:20 PM
:lol I know this thread is supposed to be funny, but I am suprised at how many people took it seriously.

You do realize this can never happen, right? Kobe sells expensive LA tickets, Ginobili, Finley, Barry won't be doing that for them.

Kobe has actually said he'd love to play in SA for Pop numerous times, I'm surprised not many people know that.....

rowancv
06-19-2007, 12:21 PM
don't trade finley!

smeagol
06-19-2007, 12:45 PM
No. Are you his partner?
No.

He has simply been posting longer than you have.

Ohh, by the way, did you notice the flag beneath my avatar, beside the spur?

Did not think you did.

thispego
06-19-2007, 12:51 PM

I say do it!

motherfucker, MOOKIE is the only who talks shit about manu, and only when manu deserves it. Do you have a crush on mookie? why do you always put his name in bold when you refer to him or his "crew"?

AFBlue
06-19-2007, 12:58 PM
Spurs could offer Parker + Barry + Scola + #28....

But I still don't think that'd be enough for the Lakers FO.

smeagol
06-19-2007, 01:16 PM
motherfucker, MOOKIE is the only who talks shit about manu, and only when manu deserves it. Do you have a crush on mookie? why do you always put his name in bold when you refer to him or his "crew"?
Are you part of the mookie crowd too? Or are you simply one of the mookie crowd's nicks? (you sound like pimpo, but then again, you guys all sound the same).

And with respect to the bolding of posters names, I always do that, you moron.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-19-2007, 01:44 PM
No.

He has simply been posting longer than you have.

Ohh, by the way, did you notice the flag beneath my avatar, beside the spur?

Did not think you did.

Oh, the "he's been here longer than you" thing? me, under this nick yes.

The flag... mmm.. no me querras decir que los dos son Argentinos, no?

HAHA :elephant

thispego
06-19-2007, 01:48 PM
Are you part of the mookie crowd too? Or are you simply one of the mookie crowd's nicks? (you sound like pimpo, but then again, you guys all sound the same).

And with respect to the bolding of posters names, I always do that, you moron.
i was posting when mookie was in diapers.
And do we all sound alike because we share similar viewpoints that contradict your "educated" beliefs? I dont ever talk to you, but apparently they (mookie and pimpo) do and have struck a nerve causing you to constantly reference their beliefs in threads where they are nowhere to be found. You look really dumb when you do that, just to let you know.

and why am i a moron? because i dont pay attention to your weak ass posts? Sorry, but when I scroll through threads, posts by "smeagol" don't exactly jump out as potentially knowledgeable additions to the conversation.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-19-2007, 01:51 PM
Spurs could offer Parker + Barry + Scola + #28....

But I still don't think that'd be enough for the Lakers FO.

You act as if the Lakers have an leverage in any of this. If Kobe is saying he wants out and is being the drama queen on top of being able to opt out for FA next season the Lakers have zero leverage.

I dont want him but people are looking at this as an equal value circumstance when it clearly is not.

AFBlue
06-19-2007, 02:01 PM
You act as if the Lakers have an leverage in any of this. If Kobe is saying he wants out and is being the drama queen on top of being able to opt out for FA next season the Lakers have zero leverage.

I dont want him but people are looking at this as an equal value circumstance when it clearly is not.

Theoretically the Lakers have all the leverage in this case as Kobe is under contract to play for the Lakers. If it came to a legal battle with Kobe refusing to play, my guess is that the Lakers could take him to court and attempt to recoup any lost wages for him not playing. Meanwhile, Kobe may not be helping the Lakers win championships, but he's certainly not hurting the team as a member of another franchise.

And if he indeed does opt out after next season, the Lakers would be in a position to sign many of the players that are being rumored as potential trade pieces to return anyways.

Do I think the Lakers will get "fair value" for Kobe if they choose to trade him? No, the team that trades the superstar (AI, Shaq) never does...but they don't have to be raked over the coals either.

smeagol
06-19-2007, 02:31 PM
I was posting when mookie was in diapers.

Not really. He started posting six months after you.

And do we all sound alike because we share similar viewpoints that contradict your "educated" beliefs?

I find it funny that you guys always have the same opinion. Hate Bush, love anyhing that smells liberal, 9/11 is a big conspiracy, Manu sucks, etc.

I dont ever talk to you, but apparently they (mookie and pimpo) do and have struck a nerve causing you to constantly reference their beliefs in threads where they are nowhere to be found.

I simply find them annoying. Not all the times, though. They probably find me annoying. Such is life.

You look really dumb when you do that, just to let you know.

Thanks for the insight. I will consider it in the future, given you are such and intenets hotshot, and you advice means so much for all of us.

and why am i a moron? because i dont pay attention to your weak ass posts?

Many people do it, not just me. That is why you're a moron.

Sorry, but when I scroll through threads, posts by "smeagol" don't exactly jump out as potentially knowledgeable additions to the conversation.

Ouchh! Touche mutherfucker! You cut me deep.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-19-2007, 02:53 PM
Bullshit we can't trade Manu because he such an old fart the Lakers wouldn't want him anyway...

You believe the Lakers are going to take a player off our bench for Kobe? I think not!!!

It's great that we include in this trade Bonner, and Finley...at least Finley is a starter and so it looks more like a fair trade!!!1

I alway say we should just buyout out Manu right now and Oberto too, they are hacks period, can't do anything on the court...never play with passion and all they do is whine to the media..

Manu always complains about him not shooting enough, or him coming off the bench, and how much he hates Finley for taking his starting spot.. And Oberto come on just another slow Argentation basketball player!!! Release them both right now!!!!

Now we have to go after Kobe, this kid is the ultimate team player, always praises his teammates never talks about others in the media, just loved by everyone!!! I wish he could have signed him when he was a free agent then we would have 6 titles guaranteed instead of 4!!!

I love Kobe, he is god, please bring the most humble greatest basketball player in the game to the Spurs because that is what the SPurs are missing and get rid of Manu and Oberto...they are horrible period!!!!!! :toast

Now you see.. I like this one. this is true sarcasm. :married:

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
06-19-2007, 10:16 PM
Manu isn't anywhere near that team player called Kobe!

Trade Manu for Hedo! NOW!

coachmac87
06-19-2007, 10:44 PM
ok first and foremost...this whole manu for kobe would not even be the trade to bring kobe here if this dream thing ever paned out...it would be tony parker that la would try getting...he is young and obviously an uprising star that la would want to get thier hands on...now this trade wont happen but if it did the spurs would be amazing....manu and kobe in the same backcourt?? are u kidding??? spurs would just need to find two pgs since they really dont have a backup...but they get kobe...by far the greatest talent on the planet earth...the guy has more "talent" than mj...mj just knew how to make it work...kobe has a more complete game (range on the 3pt) but anyways....he wont come to the spurs...were dreamin...and like i said even if he did the spurs lose parker not manu...why would la take a 29 year old "bench player" for the greatest player on the planet..they take tony and him and eva live it up in la...and tony would fall off in la also..parker owes duncan for much of his success

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-19-2007, 11:11 PM
I can't believe this thread is actually taking the whole Kobe possibility as a serious consideration and into the seventh page. :lol

I don't care if he has the most talent in the world; Kobe sucks.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-20-2007, 12:13 AM
Theoretically the Lakers have all the leverage in this case as Kobe is under contract to play for the Lakers. If it came to a legal battle with Kobe refusing to play, my guess is that the Lakers could take him to court and attempt to recoup any lost wages for him not playing. Meanwhile, Kobe may not be helping the Lakers win championships, but he's certainly not hurting the team as a member of another franchise.

And if he indeed does opt out after next season, the Lakers would be in a position to sign many of the players that are being rumored as potential trade pieces to return anyways.

Do I think the Lakers will get "fair value" for Kobe if they choose to trade him? No, the team that trades the superstar (AI, Shaq) never does...but they don't have to be raked over the coals either.

Iverson went for essentially Miller and two first rounders. Oneal went for Odom, Butler, Grant and a first.

Now again I am not saying by any means that we should attempt to make this deal but seeing that Kobe is making quite a bit more fuss and he only has one year left on his contract.

Shaq still had three years on his deal when he was traded and the 76ers got absolutely fleeced.

Really I would say 4 years of Parker is significantly more valuable then one year of Kobe who is wanting outf. To throw in Barry Scola and 28 is overkill. Thats basically two first rounders because that is what Scalo is equvalent to, 5 years of Parker and a year of Barry for 1 year of Kobe.

They can force Kobe to play and if they were to do that he could become such a distraction that it would essentially toast their season and he would be gone next year anyway. The press would go apeshit and if hes complaining now imagine how it would be in October.

Marcus Bryant
06-20-2007, 12:17 AM
From the moment Bryant sets foot in SA he will be complaining about not getting enough touches or some such. Sure, if the 'too good to be true' deal came up you do it. 3 titles in 5 seasons and the Spurs weren't off by much in the 2 seasons in which they came up short. Do Spurs fans still not realize what they have?

Anyways, if the Lakers were going to deal him, which of course is doubtful, he'd end up in the East, just like Shaq.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-20-2007, 12:18 AM
I can't believe this thread is actually taking the whole Kobe possibility as a serious consideration and into the seventh page. :lol

I don't care if he has the most talent in the world; Kobe sucks.

Bryant doesnt suck. Hes an arrogant prick but hes one of the best players in the NBA. Great defender, great shooter, great finisher that can get to the rim. At the same token I dont think he owuld like our system much offensively and his attention whore antics wouldnt jive either.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-20-2007, 12:23 AM
Bryant doesnt suck. Hes an arrogant prick but hes one of the best players in the NBA. Great defender, great shooter, great finisher that can get to the rim. At the same token I dont think he owuld like our system much offensively and his attention whore antics wouldnt jive either.
Well that's stating the obvious. Of course he doesn't suck, "suck".
But he's a horrible teammate and egomaniac. I was making a general statement at the end.

He's already embarrassed half the 'not so homerish' Laker fans this past month.

spurscenter
06-20-2007, 01:05 AM
if u can get bryant, you take bryant for anyone BUT duncan and parker

spurscenter
06-20-2007, 01:08 AM
y, Jun 19, 2007 1:55 pm EDT

Getty Images
In speculated three-way deals for Kobe Bryant involving the Chicago Bulls, the Los Angeles Lakers would get the Boston Celtics' Paul Pierce, who hasn't even made the playoffs for two years, or Washington Wizards' Gilbert Arenas, who is as unpredictable as they come.
Such trades seem only to benefit the Bulls, which the Bulls appreciate.
Source: Chicago Tribune

sabar
06-20-2007, 03:12 AM
Obviously a joke thread but for fun...

Going to address some things here.

Kobe may be bad chemistry, but Stephen Jackson may be one of the worst in the league and we took him, so the "classy" point is 100% moot.

Next, it takes some insane assumptions to realistically land him here. It IS possible.

Assuming...
1. Kobe wants to be here (likely)
2. We would want him here (likely)
3. Lakers would take a Manu+Scrub trade (unlikely)
4. We would be willing to trade more, like Parker+Scrubs (very unlikely)
5. Kobe would shape up here like SJax did
6. Salary

The only real thing that would keep us from landing him is the salary and the likelihood that they would take something other than parker and duncan.

I don't take this gamble, because in the event that Kobe doesn't pan out, he won't have high trade value and it'd be impossible to get Manu back or whoever we traded. Even if he did pan out, we would have no bench because of no money to spend after duncan+parker+kobe contracts.