PDA

View Full Version : Player/Assistant Coach Horry

Guajalote
06-17-2007, 12:43 PM
The man knows how to win. He said himself that he's going to be more vocal next season. By the time we win 2-3 more titles and P.J. gets hired on somewhere (it's only a matter of time), Horry can do an Avery and be ready to take the reigns by the time Pop starts running out of fingers for rings.

What's your take?

Strike
06-17-2007, 01:10 PM
I'd like to see that.

ChumpDumper
06-17-2007, 01:12 PM
One or the other, not both.

HJNTX
06-17-2007, 01:14 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Horry in the office after he retires as a player ..

Horry For 3!
06-17-2007, 01:31 PM
I asked him a question on some chat place on nba.com last year. What are you going to do after your basketball career is over? He said he wanted to be a coach or something of that sort. He said he would really like to coach at Alabama his alma mater.

slayermin
06-17-2007, 01:32 PM
After it's all said and done, I think Manu Ginobili would be a great coach.

medstudent
06-17-2007, 01:33 PM
as long as he doesnt do that gay speech that eric snow did before the 4th quarter of game 4 ill be ok with him being more vocal

Strike
06-17-2007, 01:36 PM
as long as he doesnt do that gay speech that eric snow did before the 4th quarter of game 4 ill be ok with him being more vocal

Hey now, the lack of attention by the rest of the players was awesome!
Very entertaining!

Borosai
06-17-2007, 02:28 PM

Right on. That had to be the most pointless motivational speech I've ever heard. Nobody cared, and it didn't make sense anyway: "Advance or go home." :wtf Advance where? :lol

Lebron did good by chewing on his finger nails and pretending to listen.

Darkwaters
06-17-2007, 03:37 PM
Right on. That had to be the most pointless motivational speech I've ever heard. Nobody cared, and it didn't make sense anyway: "Advance or go home." :wtf Advance where? :lol

Lebron did good by chewing on his finger nails and pretending to listen.

It was hilarious. Nobody on the team was looking at him or seemed interested in the least. The guy might have the leadership skills but he sure doesn't have his team's respect.

aaronstampler
06-17-2007, 04:17 PM
After it's all said and done, I think Manu Ginobili would be a great coach.

I've said it before, I think of the big three Tim would make the best coach, Manu would make the best GM and Tony would make the best owner.

Marcus Bryant
06-17-2007, 04:28 PM
Seeing how the Spurs operate, I think it would be highly unlikely that anyone other than Tim Duncan would ever be considered for such a role. Even then the chances of that would be remote.

timvp
06-17-2007, 04:30 PM
Horry and Duncan might be the last two players I'd pick in the league to be head coaches. Both of their biggest obstacles during the regular season is motivation. Both are low key and laid back. Those traits are the opposite of what you look for in a player to a make the transition to head coach.

Horry and Duncan could be Dave Cowens/Jack Sikma type specialty assistant coaches who work with players in a one-on-one environment but no way a head coach.

Someone like Jacque Vaughn is head coach material.

medstudent
06-17-2007, 04:30 PM
all I want is one more Finals run out of Horry. Just gimme one more Big Brob