PDA

View Full Version : Real tree? fake tree? Classic songs? New songs?

Smackie Chan
12-04-2004, 12:59 PM
Do you prefer a real tree or a fake tree? Do you go for the Burl Ives and Bing Crosby, or do you plug in the Christmas hits by Garth Brooks? Or do you long for the Manheim Steamroller collection to begin?

I like getting up in the morning and smelling a real pine tree and hearing "White Christmas" even though most of the people in San Antonio have no clue what a white christmas really is.

I'm with Crazy One putting up a tree bought from Montgomery Wards over 10 years ago, listening to Manheim Steamroller... I don't even think that most people know what a Manheim steamroller is. It's depressing, sounds like they're mourning the death of Santa Claus. All I need now is a plastic Jesus under the tree and the set is complete.

Jimcs50
12-04-2004, 02:58 PM
fake....save the environment.

samikeyp
12-04-2004, 04:26 PM
To me the beauty of Christmas is the blending of traditional and new. I prefer classic songs more often than not but there are some newer versions of songs that I like. Although I can do without Garth Brooks. :)

Kori Ellis
12-04-2004, 04:31 PM
We are going to get a real tree. I'm not too fond of most Christmas music. Though LJ will tell you that I sing Winter Wonderland all year. We haven't decorated or done any Christmas stuff yet -- I think we'll do it tomorrow.

SpursWoman
12-04-2004, 04:47 PM
Though LJ will tell you that I sing Winter Wonderland all year.

Oh, damn....I do that, too! :wow :lol :wow

Shelly
12-04-2004, 05:35 PM
We are going to get a real tree. I'm not too fond of most Christmas music. Though LJ will tell you that I sing Winter Wonderland all year. We haven't decorated or done any Christmas stuff yet -- I think we'll do it tomorrow.

I tell ya, get the Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack. It's awesome, mostly piano jazz. AND it has the Lucy and Linus theme song which is one of my favorite songs.

We got a fake tree a few years ago. I don't know how we came to getting one. Maybe because we were leaving that year.

I remember the tree we had when we lived in Tucson. By Christmas, it was so dried out that it dropped needles if you looked at it (thanks to the desert air). I put it out on the curb that day because I couldn't stand all the needles everywhere.

T Park
12-04-2004, 07:41 PM
real tree, traditional christmas songs, with new christmas songs.

Im the one that puts on the XM station, and chills by the REAL pine tree, that puts out a great pine scent.

Jekka
12-05-2004, 06:53 PM
I was so mad at my mother the year she made my dad finally get a fake tree. The house just doesn't smell like Christmas when I go back - and anyone who says get a pine air freshner can suck it, because it's not the same.

As for Christmas music, one more year of Contemporary Christian Christmas is going to do me in - I'm bringing Tori Amos's rendition of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" home (sans wailing, actually very good), with some Bing Crosby.