PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Robert Horry at the Dome Celebration?

Solid D
06-17-2007, 09:38 PM
He looks sad, reserved and he's not wearing the Spurs Champions T-Shirt like everyone else.

Jobbs
06-17-2007, 09:42 PM
the sombrero kicks ass

LOL

Behrooz24
06-17-2007, 09:43 PM
Tie dye shirt
Legs crossed
wtfbbq?

CubanMustGo
06-17-2007, 09:55 PM
I think the joys of small markets are wearing thin on Rob. He didn't look too excited at the river parade, either.

Marcus Bryant
06-17-2007, 10:04 PM
Been there, done that.
Been there, done that.
Been there, done that.
Been there, done that.
Been there, done that.
Been there, done that.

midgetonadonkey
06-17-2007, 10:06 PM
He is high on meth.

Despot
06-17-2007, 10:15 PM
Jackie Butler seemed down too. Have the Spurs already had their season ending player meetings?

The whole celebration has been pretty dull. I wish the last ones had been longer, but this one seems to be dragging on too much.

Solid D
06-17-2007, 10:19 PM
It's Bruce. He's trying but it's he's not as funny as he thinks he is and it's a little bit strained.

NASpurs
06-17-2007, 10:22 PM
Brent >>>>>> Bruce

zekes
06-17-2007, 10:28 PM
He looks sad, reserved and he's not wearing the Spurs Champions T-Shirt like everyone else.

he looks like he just found out the spurs aren't picking up his option. :lol

FromWayDowntown
Horry's speech sounded almost like a goodbye.

Marcus Bryant
Jackie Butler seemed down too. Have the Spurs already had their season ending player meetings?

Doubtful.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-17-2007, 10:29 PM
Brent shouldn't be MC.

I don't think Horry was disinterested. I think he's just soaking it in, because he said he can imagine himself crying at home, if he had decided this was his last year, because he'd miss those guys too much.

FromWayDowntown
06-17-2007, 10:30 PM
For whatever its worth, I don't think that Horry wore a Spurs championship t-shirt during the River Parade in 2005; but today he didn't wear the shirt at the end of the parade route or at the Alamodome. By the time his barge reached the end of the parade route today, Horry was just sitting in the corner and didn't appear to be all that enthused about the proceedings. Could be the general "been there, done that," but his mood seemed a bit more somber than one might expect at a championship celebration.

olemanu
06-17-2007, 10:31 PM
Barry was slurring a bit could have been drunk :lol :drunk

Despot
06-17-2007, 10:32 PM
Brent >>>>>> Bruce

Probably so, but when one of Brent's joke flops, you really know it. I have always thought Brent can be funny and he was in his first year here, but in live interviews he seems to try to hard or starts to make a risque joke, then backs off, or starts to hammer a person's persona seemingly harshly. Like about the French people jumping off the boat.

Borosai
06-17-2007, 10:35 PM
Rob looked a bit serious, but when it was his turn, he seemed fine. Maybe he's tired, maybe he's dealing with something else. I'd rather not think it has to do with the Spurs at all.

Marcus Bryant
06-17-2007, 10:35 PM
The contracts of Bruce Bowen and Robert Horry aren't fully guaranteed yet, but that seems to be a mere formality. Horry, who turns 37 in August, has already said he wants to put off his retirement plans to return for one more season, and Holt and coach Gregg Popovich both sounded like they want him back.

"Robert Horry has been a wonderful Spur," Popovich said, "and hopefully, that will continue."

link (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA061707.01C.BKNspurs.main.35d986a.html)

FromWayDowntown
06-17-2007, 10:37 PM
Rob's very serious request to sign an extension for the max was probably taken as a joke and denied.

whottt
06-17-2007, 10:43 PM
He was probably ripped. I doubt very seriously the Spurs have made any decision yet...especially on Horry. They wouldn't do that without knowing who they are going to bring in...would they? And everything I have read from Pop to Holt says they want him back...and he wants to be back. It's not a matter of if Horry's washed up...it's a matter of, Robert Horry the last time he played for another team, was the best Duncan defender in the NBA...and it's not like Duncan's gotten faster. I just don't see the Spurs letting Horry jump ship to the Mavs....

By the way...we missed a golden opportunity to forever change James White's nickname from "Flight" to "El Sombrero".

As for Bruce...I'd rather see him put it on the floor pull up for 2 than MC another Celebration...ever. Don't quit your day job Bruce ;)

Did they cut Pop off from talking at the end? That sucked.

Oh and they need to not introduce city councilmen, judges and HEB VP's...lame.

Sweetey
06-17-2007, 10:44 PM
Yep -- I agree. He looked pissed off and was dressed like a damn 2-bit whore. What the hell is his problem????

Kori Ellis
06-17-2007, 10:45 PM

I don't think they've had them. But Butler is a very quiet/shy guy.

Kermit
06-17-2007, 10:46 PM
By the way...we missed a golden opportunity to forever change James White's nickname from "Flight" to "El Sombrero".
it's never too late.

Marcus Bryant
To continue down this path, maybe they told Horry they're going to waive him and then re-sign him for the minimum. Having watched this team for the last decade, that would not surprise me.

Or maybe Horry had a bad case of gas today.

Kori Ellis
I doubt very seriously the Spurs have made any decision yet...especially on Horry. They wouldn't do that without knowing who they are going to bring in...would they?

I would think they are keeping him. His full salary is guaranteed as of July 1, I think. And I doubt they would cut him before then.

whottt
06-17-2007, 10:48 PM
Horry was depressed because he realizes he's only going to get one more ring and have one more celebration :smokin

Sweetey
To continue down this path, maybe they told Horry they're going to waive him and then re-sign him for the minimum. Having watched this team for the last decade, that would not surprise me.

Or maybe Horry had a bad case of gas today.
Horry is pretty old - let's face it. I still love the guy but maybe his time is up. The Spurs overall, are getting up in years and we definitely could use some younger and new blood.

Marcus Bryant
Enjoy the summer, Spurs fans. The Big 3 are locked up for next season and they have enough to work with to improve this team, and perhaps a lot more than we think.

tlongII
It's probably dawning on them all that this is their last hurrah. They realize they will have no chance against the juggernaut being assembled in Portland.

ThomasGranger
06-17-2007, 10:49 PM
He is high on meth.

nah, probably just :smokin

TPMVP
06-17-2007, 10:50 PM
he looked disinterested. even my wife, who could care less about bball, was commenting about it. maybe family issues? That wouldn't explain no Spurs shirt. When they were all huddled up, tim was grabbing Rob's shirt and asking what's this?

Despot
06-17-2007, 10:50 PM
link (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA061707.01C.BKNspurs.main.35d986a.html)

Pop might be going by what Horry said after the game 4 win. Horry might have been feeling the emotion when he said he would stay after the win, and has now been reconsidering. Granted those are big "mights".

But I doubt that Horry not wearing the shirt was a sign of anything, I figured that there was a reason, and was satisfied when he used it to shine the trophies. If there was a Spurs related reason, it may have been because of bad blood, which I doubt. But, what if the Spurs hinted that they preferred the cap space?

Hasn't Horry been saying that he would retire at the end of this season? Didn't he put his home in SA up for sale a couple of weeks ago?

I am concerned that Butler seemed so disinterested when he should have been celebrating his first 'ship. Maybe it is just hi character.

whottt
06-17-2007, 10:52 PM
Maybe they were all shitfaced drunk....

Kori Ellis
But I doubt that Horry not wearing the shirt was a sign of anything, I figured that there was a reason, and was satisfied when he used it to shine the trophies. If there was a Spurs related reason, it may have been because of bad blood, which I doubt. But, what if the Spurs hinted that they preferred the cap space?

Hasn't Horry been saying that he would retire at the end of this season? Didn't he put his home in SA up for sale a couple of weeks ago?

They won't get any cap space. Even if they cut him today, the couple million they'd save wouldn't put them under the cap. If they wait past July 1, his whole salary is guaranteed.

And I don't know about his house, but he's said repeatedly recently that he wants to play next year if the Spurs will have him.

Sweetey
Pop might be going by what Horry said after the game 4 win. Horry might have been feeling the emotion when he said he would stay after the win, and has now been reconsidering. Granted those are big "mights".

I am concerned that Butler seemed so disinterested when he should have been celebrating his first 'ship. Maybe it is just hi character.

Is he married? I haven't read or hear anything as to whether he is or not.

Kori Ellis
06-17-2007, 10:53 PM

Well they did just finish dinner, so I'm sure they had some wine :drunk

Switchman
06-17-2007, 10:55 PM
Why would butler be celebrating. He would look like a tool if he was overly boastful about a championship in a suit.

Sweetey
06-17-2007, 10:55 PM
Frankly, they all (except for Bowen) were slurring their speech. And Holt definitely looked and sounded like he'd thrown down quite a few. Didn't he go in to rehab a few years ago for alcoholism? Looks like it didn't take.
:lol

Marcus Bryant
06-17-2007, 10:57 PM
They won't get any cap space. Even if they cut him today, the couple million they'd save wouldn't put them under the cap. If they wait past July 1, his whole salary is guaranteed.

And I don't know about his house, but he's said repeatedly recently that he wants to play next year if the Spurs will have him.

Hmmm...well, a house owned by him is indeed on the market. Anyways, that doesn't necessarily mean anything regarding his status next season. His contract isn't that outrageous, only has one season left (which fits in well with the '08 plan) and while the Spurs would shave a little off the payroll, all in all it would be money well spent to bring him back. And you have the stated desire by Holt and Pop to do just that.

whottt
06-17-2007, 10:58 PM
That explains it...having too much wine will give you that exact look Horry had on his face...it's like being on a carnival ride you can't get off of.

CubanMustGo
06-17-2007, 11:00 PM
Is he married? I haven't read or hear anything as to whether he is or not.

He is married to Keva I. Develle Horry; they have two children, Robert Cameron and Ashlyn.

Despot
Why would butler be celebrating. He would look like a tool if he was overly boastful about a championship in a suit.

Well, he does not need to run around the stage jumping around, and secondly, just because he did not play much in the games does NOT mean that he did not contribute to the team, or is any less worthy of a ring.

The_Iceman_Cometh
That explains it...having too much wine will give you that exact look Horry had on his face...it's like being on a carnival ride you can't get off of.

Mi Tierras + margaritas + mariachis = the look on Horry's face

Borosai
06-17-2007, 11:01 PM
Shitfaced: Holt
Probably Shitfaced: Horry, Barry
Unknown: Everyone else

Did I miss someone?

Kermit
06-17-2007, 11:02 PM
he's married? that's funny.

expander
06-17-2007, 11:02 PM
I personally hung with Horry a couple of weeks ago, he said he wants to come back!! He's hella cool! :toast

olemanu
06-17-2007, 11:07 PM
He is married to Keva I. Develle Horry; they have two children, Robert Cameron and Ashlyn.

Is Robert Cameron the one from the lil rob car commercials

Tim looked as he always does looked like he did not drink at all

whottt
06-17-2007, 11:12 PM
Bottom line is that Horry is sitting there talking about how he's going to go after that eighth ring like never before...

If he's not playing for the Spurs...he's going to be playing for Dallas. No Spurfan should want to see that...he does defend Duncan well, better than anyone according to Duncan, that's why he was signed in the first place.

With AJ and Mario both in Dallas...I just don't see anyway in hell he isn't brought back, I don't see how he ever even hits the open market. He's exactly the type of piece that could put Dallas over the top. Even at 38 he'd do a better job on Duncan than anyone the Mavs have.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-17-2007, 11:13 PM
so it's a combination of Horry being old and weary, and Horry being shitfaced.

either way, he did look like something was wrong with his facial expression.

Marcus Bryant
06-17-2007, 11:15 PM
Dropping Horry wouldn't be a good move. He's by all accounts a good part of this team off the court and why present a rival with the opportunity to pick up a veteran of his caliber and experience on the cheap? Get back to celebrating, San Antonio de Bexar.

Sam
06-17-2007, 11:16 PM

Ashlyn is the one that has the birth defect. She can barely walk and talk. He had his family in Houston even when he was playing for the Lakers so she could stay with her same doctors and therapists. Horry flew home as often as he could. I'm not sure but I think they all still live in Houston unless he moved the family in the last two years.

ducks
horry might have wanted to be home with his sick kid it is fathers day

td4mvp3
pic?

ploto
06-17-2007, 11:17 PM
Just to add fuel- they did have player meetings already.

exstatic
06-17-2007, 11:21 PM
Barry and James White both probably had some Margaritas.

td4mvp3
06-17-2007, 11:22 PM
caught a pic in one of the other threads, horry does look subdued.

Samr
06-17-2007, 11:22 PM
I can't blame them because winning an NBA championship is certainly time to celebrate, but hell, if you are ripped don't try to hide it -- embrace it, like James "El Sombrero" White did. We could all see, very clearly, that Brent was hammered and that was the funniest part of his whole routine.

Bruce, for his part, was terrible as MC, and sounded very unprepared, but at least he didn't slur his speech. This leads me to believe the job of MC was a last-minute decision, to be determined on the trolley ride to the dome and the job given to the most sober person. Next time though I say they let Bruce party, and give the ice water to someone who's halfway decent at public speaking.

td4mvp3
06-17-2007, 11:23 PM
when does the trade/signing period officially start?

Kori Ellis
06-17-2007, 11:26 PM
Just to add fuel- they did have player meetings already.

Are you sure? I thought they were having them tomorrow afternoon for some of the guys. Either way, there's nothing they'd say in an exit interview to Horry that would make him sad :lol I guess he was either just relaxed and soaking it in, or having personal problems.

Shelly
06-17-2007, 11:26 PM
Horry looks bored in the river parade pictures also.

Maybe he wasn't feeling well today.

Marcus Bryant
06-17-2007, 11:27 PM
Are you sure? I thought they were having them tomorrow afternoon for some of the guys. Either way, there's nothing they'd say in an exit interview to Horry that would make him sad :lol I guess he was either just relaxed and soaking it in, or having personal problems.

Why exactly would they tell anyone they aren't coming back before expecting them to participate in the celebration? Man, Spurs fans are paranoid.

whottt
06-17-2007, 11:30 PM
James "El Sombrero" White did. .

:smokin

You don't wear the Sombrero in San Antonio...in San Antonio, the Sombrero wears you :sombrero:

td4mvp3
06-17-2007, 11:32 PM
Why exactly would they tell anyone they aren't coming back before expecting them to participate in the celebration? Man, Spurs fans are paranoid.
i'm watching 05 game 5's overtime. we have reason to be paranoid.

timvp
06-17-2007, 11:32 PM
Give Spurs fans an inch and they will read into it a couple miles, a couple novels and a whole book of short stories :lol

I thought it was pretty obvious that Horry didn't have his championship t-shirt on so he could do his "polish the trophies" bit.

But nawww, I'm sure that he was informed he was being traded to the Hawks while he was getting of the trolley :rollin

Russ
06-17-2007, 11:33 PM
Horry isn't a rah-rah guy -- I don't think he takes any of this all that seriously.

As Duncan said after Horry hit that 3 against Detroit, "Robert shows up late to pratice and just kind of hangs out . . . and then he comes in and hit's the game-winner."

Actually, I think he's bemused by how much all of this means to so many people.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-17-2007, 11:35 PM
Well pretty much every player that was able to talk said Happy Fathers Day, and since Horry didn't have his family he was probably a little sad.

Solid D
06-17-2007, 11:35 PM
His face and body language was what I noticed. He looked sullen.

BlackFlagg
06-17-2007, 11:36 PM
We just got back from the Alamodome. Horry looked a little subdued when they first arrived, but I noticed him grinning ear to ear on the big screen several times. Brent Barry acted totally buzzed. :lol We all commented on it. TP seemed subdued when he was sitting, too -- more so than Horry, in fact. But overall it looked like they were having fun. I think they were all just wiped out. Btw, Pop's speech wasn't long at all. Before we knew it, he was finished.

timvp
06-17-2007, 11:42 PM
***Spoiler Alert***

Don't click here if you don't want to see Horry wearing the championship t-shirt while smiling ear to ear and talking about winning more championships. (http://www2.mysanantonio.com/multimedia/video/VideoPlayer/includes/gen_nod_wm.cfm?ids=46904)

whottt
06-17-2007, 11:46 PM
***Spoiler Alert***

Don't click here if you don't want to see Horry wearing the championship t-shirt while smiling ear to ear and talking about winning more championships. (http://www2.mysanantonio.com/multimedia/video/VideoPlayer/includes/gen_nod_wm.cfm?ids=46904)

I'm callin' BS...AJ and Mario told him to not let on...to make it hurt worse.

Borosai
06-17-2007, 11:51 PM
***Spoiler Alert***

First time seeing that. Now I can go to bed in peace. :dramaquee

Marcus Bryant
06-17-2007, 11:52 PM
Maybe it was liquor, maybe it was taking a nice trip down the San Antonio river on a crisp cool June day, maybe it was the fact that he's been celebrating since Thursday, maybe it's because it was Father's Day and he wasn't at home with his family, etc...

No worries, friends. On to 5 with #5.

Tek_XX
06-17-2007, 11:54 PM
I'm guessing Horry is tired, maybe it's personal issues. At least he could have worn the shirt. That would have diverted some of the disinterested looks he had.

whottt
06-17-2007, 11:55 PM
Maybe it was liquor, maybe it was taking a nice trip down the San Antonio river on a crisp cool June day, maybe it was the fact that he's been celebrating since Thursday, maybe it's because it was Father's Day and he wasn't at home with his family, etc...

No worries, friends. On to 5...

I'm worried...worried about how we're going to get rid of that fucking Jason Robards avatar.

Marcus Bryant
06-17-2007, 11:55 PM
I'm worried...worried about we're going to get rid of that fucking Jason Robards avatar.

6-0. He never loses.

Kori Ellis
06-17-2007, 11:58 PM
I'm guessing Horry is tired, maybe it's personal issues. At least he could have worn the shirt. That would have diverted some of the disinterested looks he had.

He was wearing the Spurs shirt at the parade. I'm guessing he took it off because it was damn hot to be wearing 3 shirts. :lol

Marcus Bryant
06-17-2007, 11:59 PM
Damn, the Spurs just won their 4th title and Robert Horry looked disinterested during the celebration. Time for another nightcap.

Celebrate, San Antonio de Bexar. Celebrate!

texbound
06-18-2007, 12:00 AM
OR maybe he saw this pic on Spurstalk before the parade:

http://i.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0706/gallery.nba.finals.game1/images/james.jpg

Marcus Bryant
I'll take this over '00, '01, '02, '04, '06, or '73-'98 anytime.

timvp
http://www.mysanantonio.com/images/cover/horry.jpg
Picture taken moments before he was informed he was going to the Hawks.

Tek_XX
06-18-2007, 12:01 AM
He was wearing the Spurs shirt at the parade. I'm guessing he took it off because it was damn hot to be wearing 3 shirts. :lol

Ok so ditch the tye dye.

whottt
06-18-2007, 12:03 AM
Maybe he was upset because his shirt was too small to wear.

Marcus Bryant
06-18-2007, 12:06 AM
I'm worried...worried about how we're going to get rid of that fucking Jason Robards avatar.

whottt, be careful what you wish for...

timvp
06-18-2007, 12:08 AM

duncan228
06-18-2007, 12:10 AM
Duncan didn't wear the shirt in '05 in the parade or the Alamodome. He only wore it the night they won at the press conferences.
It wasn't made by Adidas then, and he's with Adidas. I assumed that's why he wore a plain white Adidas shirt instead.

Does Horry have a sponser that's not adidas so he didn't wear it because of that?
Just a thought.

Marcus Bryant
06-18-2007, 12:10 AM
Duncan didn't wear the shirt in '05 in the parade or the Alamodome. He only wore it the night they won at the press conferences.
It wasn't made by Adidas then, and he's with Adidas. I assumed that's why he wore a plain white Adidas shirt instead.

Does Horry have a sponser that's not adidas so he didn't wear it because of that?
Just a thought.

Shit, remember when he and AD were wearing wifebeaters in the river parade?

Tek_XX
06-18-2007, 12:11 AM

Just a thought.

As was stated he wore the shirt at the parade.

duncan228
06-18-2007, 12:11 AM
Shit, remember when he and AD were wearing wifebeaters in the river parade?

Yes. Got a picture of that somewhere. :lol

Ronaldo McDonald
06-18-2007, 12:21 AM
Well he's a father, and it's fathers day. This whole thing was just timed badly. And doesn't he have a daughter who is not well? I'm sure he wanted to be with her.

Add to that his 6 prior parades

Did anyone notice that when Brent was giving his talk Tony Parker seemed kind of pissed off?

Marcus Bryant
06-18-2007, 12:23 AM
Well he's a father, and it's fathers day. This whole thing was just timed badly. And doesn't he have a daughter who is not well? I'm sure he wanted to be with her.

Add to that his 6 prior parades

Did anyone notice that when Brent was giving his talk Tony Parker seemed kind of pissed off?

It's been fun, Brent...

Ronaldo McDonald
06-18-2007, 12:24 AM
I would like to have him back, trade gino instead!

Marcus Bryant
06-18-2007, 12:25 AM
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e346/dt372001/DSCF2961.jpg

timvp
06-18-2007, 12:26 AM
^^Looks like a grimace to me.

:drunk

T Park
06-18-2007, 12:28 AM
good god what a hideous shirt.

Ronaldo McDonald
06-18-2007, 12:31 AM
big shirt rob!

timvp
06-18-2007, 12:34 AM
Jackie Butler yelling at the RC for trading him. (http://www2.mysanantonio.com/multimedia/video/VideoPlayer/includes/gen_nod_wm.cfm?ids=46906)

Either that or he was too genuinely happy to win a ring.

:fro

whottt
06-18-2007, 12:44 AM

Not funny.

AnkleBreaker21
06-18-2007, 12:47 AM
good god what a hideous shirt.
yah what the hell is up with that shirt, anything has to better then that :lol

Nbadan
06-18-2007, 12:52 AM
Stupid Horry trivia:

Horry was a teammate of Latrell Sprewell at Bama and in 1996 had an on-court 'altercation' with Coach Danny Ainge.

Dingle Barry
06-18-2007, 12:54 AM
big shirt rob!
Maybe I am simple, but I just laughed at this for like two minutes

spurscenter
06-18-2007, 01:12 AM
You all are reading too much into all this.

This is all paranoia

They won the championship. They are happy

they all know nba is a biz. they cant control it

they are not worried at all.

horry was probably hating his shirt, he hated the heat.

THINGS ARE OK SAN ANTONIO.

No one hates the spurs. Horry is FINE. he will be back next year.

timvp
06-18-2007, 01:14 AM
"I'm being very selfish next year," said forward Robert Horry, who won his seventh championship in 15 seasons Thursday, becoming the first non-Celtics player to accomplish the feat.

"I want my eighth ring," Horry said. "That would be eight in 16 years - half my career. I'm going to be more outspoken than I ever was. . . . Hopefully, I can go out with eight. I'm going to be like Shane. I'm going to ride off into the sunset. You won't know if I'm dead or alive."

A desperate Horry should put fear in the hearts of other teams next season. :hat

timvp
06-18-2007, 01:15 AM
You all are reading too much into all this.

This is paranoid freaks, .

They won the championship. They are happy

they all know nba is a biz. they cant control it

they are not worried at all.

horry was probably hating his shirt, he hated the heat.

THINGS ARE OK SAN ANTONIO.

No one hates the spurs. Horry is FINE. he will be back next year.

Read the whole thread.

spurscenter
06-18-2007, 01:26 AM

OMG, look at the right! good lord.

Tek_XX
06-18-2007, 02:39 AM
The Spurs should get tailors, i'm sure they can afford them.

iminlakerland
06-18-2007, 05:08 AM
wow...what a mess...horry's shirt looks so damn long it could be a dress...

whottt
06-18-2007, 05:11 AM
wow...what a mess...horry's shirt looks so damn long it could be a dress...

Poet?

iminlakerland
06-18-2007, 05:18 AM
lol whottt, didnt realize it rhymed :)

J.T.
06-18-2007, 05:27 AM
I was at the parade, I walked all over downtown and the riverwalk in the 200 degree San Antonio heat in sandals and by the time the Alamodome ceremony was over I was tired as fuck and wanted to crash. I'm sure he was just tired from a long day on top of several days of partying, or maybe he was hungover...lord knows half the people on that stage were drunk, especially Peter "Double Shot" Holt.

Or he wanted to be with his family for Father's day...or he didn't get Father's day sex...who knows. I don't think with the way Robert Horry played in the playoffs this year that the team wouldn't want him back. Unless there is some big trade coming up this week and Horry is part of it, we have nothing to be worried about. Especially because the Spurs and big trades don't go together.

Money316
06-18-2007, 06:00 AM
We thought the same thing. :toast

to21
06-18-2007, 06:07 AM
Relax.......he was hung over. He and TP were partying at Posh, starting Saturday night and taking into well into Sunday morning. Those dudes know how to party, I know this make no excuse for some Spurs fans.

But, it explains it. I think Bruce even said something under his breath about him being "shit-faced".

whottt
06-18-2007, 06:15 AM

Looks like he should be opening up for the Who at Woodstock.

Kori Ellis
06-18-2007, 07:18 AM
Relax.......he was hung over. He and TP were partying at Posh, starting Saturday night and taking into well into Sunday morning. Those dudes know how to party, I know this make no excuse for some Spurs fans.

But, it explains it. I think Bruce even said something under his breath about him being "shit-faced".

Since Bruce doesn't curse. I doubt you heard him saying "shit-faced" :lol

td4mvp3
06-18-2007, 08:11 AM
looking to his right would give any man reason for that goofy grin, though.

ObiwanGinobili
06-18-2007, 08:34 AM
Ashlyn is the one that has the birth defect. She can barely walk and talk. He had his family in Houston even when he was playing for the Lakers so she could stay with her same doctors and therapists. Horry flew home as often as he could. I'm not sure but I think they all still live in Houston unless he moved the family in the last two years.

Here's a 2002 article regarding Horry's daughter, from his website
http://www.roberthorry.net/articles-02.htm#052202b

ShellE
06-18-2007, 08:37 AM

Hungover? My son saw him and Elson out Saturday night. :dizzy

Momma_monkey
06-18-2007, 08:44 AM
:hungry: He got guacamole on the Champ Shirt. He was wearing it during the river parde. They ate after the parade and got salsa on the trophy

Phenomanul
06-18-2007, 08:48 AM
From Horry's Daddy's Day Dagger... to Horry's Daddy's Day Hango'er...????

meh...

batman2883
06-18-2007, 08:54 AM
rob was drunk yo!!

JustSpurs
06-18-2007, 08:59 AM
Who knows? Maybe that's a father's day gift from one of his kids and he wanted to make sure they saw him wear it.

to21
06-18-2007, 09:05 AM
Since Bruce doesn't curse. I doubt you heard him saying "shit-faced" :lol

No, he didn't say "shit-faced".

Paraphrased.

I bet a lot of Bruce's jokes were inside jokes.

MadDog73
06-18-2007, 09:22 AM
Who knows? Maybe that's a father's day gift from one of his kids and he wanted to make sure they saw him wear it.

I like that idea.

nkdlunch
06-18-2007, 09:26 AM
Horry is pretty old - let's face it. I still love the guy but maybe his time is up. The Spurs overall, are getting up in years and we definitely could use some younger and new blood.

you're on crack. He still showed up for this playoff run and was a crucial piece. he had 5 block games!! :madrun

Slomo
06-18-2007, 10:26 AM
OK that proves it!

Spurstalk has absolutely no sense of fashion or style what so ever.

P.S. Any links to where I could buy that shirt? I think it'll go well with my recently purchased Beno purse...

cherylsteele
06-18-2007, 10:39 AM
yah what the hell is up with that shirt, anything has to better then that :lol
Did he borrow it from Bill Walton or what?

Jimcs50
06-18-2007, 11:15 AM
OK that proves it!

Spurstalk has absolutely no sense of fashion or style what so ever.

Judging from the GTG pics through the years, I'd say you are right on.

:)

GSH
06-18-2007, 10:00 PM
Horry was pissed about something at the dome. He already had that look on his face. Then Bowen made a comment about one of the assistant coaches, and how you could see his influence in the big men like Duncan and Horry. When he said that, you could see the expression on Horry's face change, and he looked seriously angry. He also shot a look when Barry's son was on the front of the stage, handling the trophies.

When Horry got up to talk, he started out with that "Driving Miss Daisy" voice, saying, "There, I'll shahn em up real nice fu yeh." I've watched the guy for way too long...he wasn't happy. And yes, his speech could leave you wondering if it was a farewell. He wouldn't have come across that way at all if everything was happy.

I would guess that he was either worn out with the Bowen/Barry show, or feels like he got slighted somewhere in the process. (Maybe with good reason.) It's not out of the question that his agent has already had some early talks with the Spurs, and they weren't as overwhelmingly enthusiastic as he would have liked. But I think it's just as likely that some of Bruce and Brent's not-funny roasting went a little too far.

I've said this before, and I stand by it: Robert Horry is by far the most under-appreciated member of this team. I graduated from U of H the same year as Hakeem, so I kept up as closely with the Rockets as I did the Spurs for many years. It's no coincidence that the man has seven rings, and that his teams have never gone out in the first round of the playoffs. Yes, he has been on some good teams. But he made huge, key contributions to every one of them. And he has always had an incredible sense of just when to do something extraordinary to chage the momentum of a game. (If you're a Spurs fan, you know that this team would be one trophy lighter without him.) Go back and look at the game in Utah when we just blew the Jazz out of the water in the first quarter, and you will see Horry's handprints all over it. Look at the game where we demoralized Cleveland in the first, and you will see the same thing.

It would be worth a big chunk of change for the Spurs to keep Horry around next year. But if he is leaving, I at least hope that he doesn't feel like he has been pissed on here at the end. Because he could make a HUGE difference to a team like Dallas. Or Utah. Or Denver. Or Phoenix. Against a team that is already good, I would not want to have a pissed off Robert Horry on the other bench.

duncan228
06-18-2007, 10:05 PM
Because he could make a HUGE difference to a team like Dallas. Or Utah. Or Denver. Or Phoenix. Against a team that is already good, I would not want to have a pissed off Robert Horry on the other bench.

I would be frightened if Horry ended up on any of those teams, pissed off or not.

bigfundamental21
06-18-2007, 11:04 PM
At the parade, Horry seemed disinterested. He was sitting in the boat and not really waving to fans or anything. He did have his championship t-shirt on, but took it off. Maybe he was hot. It was hot out there. He just didn't seem into it.

Sasha
06-18-2007, 11:08 PM

Yeah, and I wondered about that. Maybe he didn't like the comment about the French jumping off the boat?

I thought that was a really stupid remark.

Marcus Bryant
06-18-2007, 11:11 PM
I thought TD seemed disinterested during the river parade. And he can opt out next summer...

makedamnsure
06-18-2007, 11:13 PM
/\ I read some rumor on yahoo he's getting 50 mill for some extension.

anyways, about Horry's house, i don't think so because a good friend of mine lives next door to him and he always mentions things like that to me and he hasn't.

Marcus Bryant
06-18-2007, 11:17 PM
/\ I read some rumor on yahoo he's getting 50 mill for some extension.

anyways, about Horry's house, i don't think so because a good friend of mine lives next door to him and he always mentions things like that to me and he hasn't.

A house owned by Horry is on the market. Not hard to find out.

jag
06-19-2007, 04:34 AM
I thought TD seemed disinterested during the river parade. And he can opt out next summer...

Holt seemed kind of disintersted as well....

I'm starting to think the spurs might be on there way out of San Antonio...

dav4463
06-19-2007, 04:38 AM
Out of San Antonio? Are you kidding?!!! Can't we just enjoy a championship for a while? Maybe Rob didn't feel that good. Maybe Tim was tired. Who cares? Spurs are NBA champs yet again! Enjoy it! Next season doesn't start for quite a while. Then we worry about how we are going to repeat. We are Spurs fans. We are so spoiled. Our team wins championships. Enjoy it! We could be Mavs, Suns, Hawks, etc. fans with ZERO titles! GO SPURS GO !!!!!

thousandth
06-19-2007, 07:00 AM
Holt seemed kind of disintersted as well....

I'm starting to think the spurs might be on there way out of San Antonio...

C'mon. No kidding! :depressed :lol

smeagol
06-19-2007, 08:32 AM
Out of San Antonio? Are you kidding?!!! Can't we just enjoy a championship for a while? Maybe Rob didn't feel that good. Maybe Tim was tired. Who cares? Spurs are NBA champs yet again! Enjoy it! Next season doesn't start for quite a while. Then we worry about how we are going to repeat. We are Spurs fans. We are so spoiled. Our team wins championships. Enjoy it! We could be Mavs, Suns, Hawks, etc. fans with ZERO titles! GO SPURS GO !!!!!
You failed that sarcasm course in high school, didn't you?