PDA

View Full Version : Sleep Deprivation

Kori Ellis
06-18-2007, 08:38 AM
Every month or so, I stay up later and later, day by day (6am, 8am, etc) that I eventually have a "roll over" day where I don't go to sleep at all.

Today is the rollover day :lol

So I'm just warning people that this is probably not a good day to mess around on the forum and piss me off. I'm going to try to stay up all day and go to sleep tonight at a reasonable hour.

batman2883
06-18-2007, 08:40 AM
is this a threat?? cause i dont take kindly to threats

PM5K
06-18-2007, 08:47 AM
Does this coincide with your period?

:spin

katyon6th
06-18-2007, 08:51 AM
I got a full 8 hours of sleep last night.

I feel wonderful!!

batman2883
06-18-2007, 08:51 AM
i slept 6 hours and I feel goooooooood

Kori Ellis
06-18-2007, 08:59 AM

:lol No, but thanks for asking :wtf

:lmao

PM5K
06-18-2007, 09:02 AM
:lol No, but thanks for asking :wtf

:lmao

Guess you aren't in THAT bad of a mood, but wait until about one in the afternoon....

I've been there and done that...

MannyIsGod
06-18-2007, 09:03 AM
:lol

I have those days. I don't sleep like a regular person anymore. I blame Spurstalk.

travis2
06-18-2007, 09:07 AM
Every month or so, I stay up later and later, day by day (6am, 8am, etc) that I eventually have a "roll over" day where I don't go to sleep at all.

So I'm just warning people that this is probably not a good day to mess around on the forum and piss me off. I'm going to try to stay up all day and go to sleep tonight at a reasonable hour.

So doing spell checks today is probably not a good idea, eh? :dizzy

Summers
06-18-2007, 09:48 AM

Here's a friendly piece of advice that may save you from having a butterknife driven through your heart some day: When women have PMS, we don't bitch about insignificant things just because we're grumpy; we bitch about things we're normally too polite to bring up.

For example, if your wife fixes you a meal and you forget to thank her and instead say the potatoes are too salty and the chicken's overdone and she calls you an ingrateful ass and tells you she's not cooking your dinner anymore until you learn some manners, and you say "Are you about to start your period?"... you will get a butterknife driven through your heart.

Summers
06-18-2007, 09:49 AM
And, Kori, I'm sorry your sleep schedule is messed up. It can really mess with your mood, etc. Hope you make it through the day and get some sleep tonight.

BacktoBasics
06-18-2007, 10:29 AM

I have those days. I don't sleep like a regular person anymore. I blame Spurstalk.Does this coincide with your period?

PM5K
06-18-2007, 10:32 AM
looks like someone's about to start their period

tsb2000
06-18-2007, 11:02 AM
Ever try Ambien? That stuff is great for nights when you can't sleep. Almost too good, so the docs won't give you too much of it. :)

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-18-2007, 11:34 AM

Damnit, Bishop...you beat me to it.

medstudent
06-18-2007, 11:47 AM
I can prescribe some Lunesta. :)

DarkReign
06-18-2007, 12:15 PM
Ever try Ambien? That stuff is great for nights when you can't sleep. Almost too good, so the docs won't give you too much of it. :)

Dont take Ambien. Fucks people up permanently. An old schoolmate of mine (female) married some dude that has a sleeping disorder. He took Ambien regularly.

Last week, she found him in the bathroom with every item in the cupboards and on the counter all stuffed into the bathtub with hot water running. He was passed out on the floor naked. Strange to say the least.

She pulled him out, etc. Found some other wacky things (he must have gotten up in the middle of the night and went outside, he puked, broke some lawn flair stumbling back in, and broke the handle on the front door).

As of today, he is still in the hospital with a bleeding brain that doctors hope will be naturally absorbed. Hes 31 and newly married. He doesnt remember buying their house, he doesnt know who the president is, and everyone but his father frustrates him to no end because he so easily confused.

Bigzax
06-18-2007, 12:20 PM
For example, if your wife fixes you a meal and you forget to thank her and instead say the potatoes are too salty and the chicken's overdone and she calls you an ingrateful ass and tells you she's not cooking your dinner anymore until you learn some manners, and you say "Are you about to start your period?"... you will get a butterknife driven through your heart.

but next time there won't be so much salt, and the chicken will get taken out sooner. :tu

and butterknives don't scrare me. i like butter.

PM5K
06-18-2007, 12:21 PM
Don't you mean Nappien?

Bigzax
06-18-2007, 12:23 PM
Dont take Ambien. Fucks people up permanently. An old schoolmate of mine (female) married some dude that has a sleeping disorder. He took Ambien regularly.

Last week, she found him in the bathroom with every item in the cupboards and on the counter all stuffed into the bathtub with hot water running. He was passed out on the floor naked. Strange to say the least.

She pulled him out, etc. Found some other wacky things (he must have gotten up in the middle of the night and went outside, he puked, broke some lawn flair stumbling back in, and broke the handle on the front door).

As of today, he is still in the hospital with a bleeding brain that doctors hope will be naturally absorbed. Hes 31 and newly married. He doesnt remember buying their house, he doesnt know who the president is, and everyone but his father frustrates him to no end because he so easily confused.

Newly married? why blame the ambien?

Anakin Skywalker
06-18-2007, 12:24 PM
may the force be with you

medstudent
06-18-2007, 12:25 PM
Newly married? why blame the ambien?

Exactly. He prolly woke up from an Ambien trip, realized he married his girl, and stabbed himself in the brain.

ShoogarBear
06-18-2007, 12:37 PM
So I'm just warning people that this is probably not a good day to mess around on the forum and piss me off. I'm going to try to stay up all day and go to sleep tonight at a reasonable hour.So we wait until tonight and then go wild.

NorCal510
06-18-2007, 01:04 PM
today is my day

Summers
06-18-2007, 01:13 PM
looks like someone's about to start their period

Hey, wait a minute...

:ihit

:cry I'm sorry; I don't know what came over me! :cry

:madrun But you made fun of me!

:cry

:clap Okay, I'm better. Who wants ice cream?

Flea
06-18-2007, 01:58 PM
today is my day

Uh oh, I see a norcal ban happening soon.

kingsfan
06-18-2007, 03:40 PM
So I'm guessing this wouldn't be a good day to ask you to check your pms? :depressed

I am sleep deprived at least 2 days a week b/c of my crazy work schedule. I'm up for over 24 hours those days, sometimes almost 48 hours then I crash for at least 12 hours. :sleep

medstudent
06-18-2007, 03:45 PM
kingsfan, you work in the hospital?

Jekka
06-18-2007, 03:46 PM
but next time there won't be so much salt, and the chicken will get taken out sooner. :tu
Actually ... no, it probably won't :spin

Shelly
06-18-2007, 03:58 PM
My husband took Ambien for awhile. Never had a problem with it.

But for a natural way to fall asleep, take Melatonin 3mg. It will cost you maybe $10 for a jar of 90 or something. It takes me awhile to fall asleep and with Melatonin, I'm out in 15 minutes.

Bear Grylls
06-18-2007, 04:02 PM
http://www.vinospritbolaget.com/images/jack-daniels.jpg

RashoFan
06-18-2007, 06:44 PM
I can prescribe some Lunesta. :)
Med student...I call Bullshit.....
Sorry man.

Kori Ellis
06-18-2007, 06:48 PM

I never have problems falling asleep at all. I just sometimes don't have enough time in the day to do stuff, so I stay up late.

Sapphire
06-18-2007, 06:56 PM

I've read articles about people taking Ambien--they get up in the middle of the night and eat every piece of food in the panty and never remember it. The only reason they start suspecting something is all the weight gain, which a lot of doctors assumed was an unpleasant side effect from taking the drug. That's some scary shit.

My son takes Melatonin every now and then when he has trouble falling asleep. He says it works great.

medstudent
06-18-2007, 07:22 PM
Med student...I call Bullshit.....
Sorry man.

I'll prescribe you some Diflucan.

RashoFan
06-18-2007, 07:28 PM
Riiiiiiight...you will prescibed meds to ME.....sure.

TheSanityAnnex
06-18-2007, 07:31 PM
I've taken Melatonin to aid with sleep and always had the most vivid dreams.

Shelly
06-18-2007, 07:31 PM
Riiiiiiight...you will prescibed meds to ME.....sure.

Duh...all med students have their DEA number already!

Shelly
06-18-2007, 07:32 PM
I've taken Melatonin to aid with sleep and always had the most vivid dreams.

It does make for some weird dreams sometimes.

RashoFan
06-18-2007, 07:37 PM
how soon can they get their DEA # and start prescribing....after 1st year? 2nd? 3rd?
Some of the med students I have seen wouldn't be allowed to prescribed my cat pepcid....

RashoFan
06-18-2007, 07:39 PM
Med Student...my bad ...sorry.

Shelly
06-18-2007, 07:42 PM
how soon can they get their DEA # and start prescribing....after 1st year? 2nd? 3rd?
Some of the med students I have seen wouldn't be allowed to prescribed my cat pepcid....

You have to have your license

ploto
06-18-2007, 08:15 PM
Drink a glass of wine.

cherylsteele
06-18-2007, 08:23 PM

Is it kinda like a leap year? Maybe an extra day at the end of the month?

ShoogarBear
06-18-2007, 11:57 PM
Kori . . . go to sleep so we can trash this place. :madrun