PDA

View Full Version : Last episode of The Shield? What the hell!

Ballcox
06-18-2007, 11:50 AM
Ok, I had to record last week's final episode and watched it this weekend. Are you kidding me? That's the end?

I looked at this week and don't see any more episodes coming up, will there be another season?

I was under the impression that this was the last season and I get left hanging with these questions unanswered:

1. Does Vic keep or lose his job? Does the evidence he uncovered about all the dirt on city employees help him keep his job?

2. Do Shane and Vic have some kind of final showdown? Does Shane get screwed by working to closely with the Armenian mob?

Please, somebody help me!

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-18-2007, 11:55 AM
Ok, I had to record last week's final episode and watched it this weekend. Are you kidding me? That's the end?

I looked at this week and don't see any more episodes coming up, will there be another season?

I was under the impression that this was the last season and I get left hanging with these questions unanswered:

1. Does Vic keep or lose his job? Does the evidence he uncovered about all the dirt on city employees help him keep his job?

2. Do Shane and Vic have some kind of final showdown? Does Shane get screwed by working to closely with the Armenian mob?

Please, somebody help me!

Yes, there will be more.

IIRC, FX and Shawn Ryan decided late that there was going to be a seventh and final season, so they've essentially termed Season 6 as "Season 6A."

Just my thoughts to your questions.

1. Vic will keep his job, the info he has on people will keep his job intact.

2. I think there has to be. Granted, it's what most fans expect, but Shawn Ryan and the writers of the show have kept us on edge before.

Hell, I just re-watched the first four seasons in about a two-week span.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-18-2007, 11:57 AM
Also, I'm guessing The Barn meets its demise.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-18-2007, 12:00 PM
For reference (from June 12, 2006):

http://www.tvseriesfinale.com/2006/06/the_shield_the_end_is_coming_but_not_soon.php

The Shield: The End Is Coming, But Not Soon!

The Shield creator and executive producer Shawn Ryan had announced in May that he was unsure if he would be doing another season of the show that stars Michael Chiklis as tough cop Vic Mackey. After weeks of wondering, fans can now rest easy. There will actually be two new seasons of the gritty FX show. Well, sort of.

Ryan has confessed, "The writers and I weren't quite ready to step away from these characters just yet. We asked FX for an additional 13 episodes to conclude the show properly and, as always, the network graciously let us do what we thought was best for the show."

As a result, the ten Shield episodes that are currently in production, which many expected to be part of the current season (season five), will now be delayed until 2007 and called season six. Season five guest Forest Whitaker (as Internal Affairs detective Jon Kavanaugh) will appear in some of the season six episodes.

Then, production will begin on the final 13 Shield episodes (season seven) in the summer of 2007 and will be released presumably in late 2007/early 2008. The two final seasons will bring the episode count of the FX original and award-winning series to a total of 88.

Said FX president John Landgraf, "It has been the privilege of everyone at FX to work with Shawn Ryan, Michael Chiklis and their colleagues on The Shield. It has always been our intent to have the show exit television as it entered, as one of the best drama series ever. We're thrilled Shawn has come up with a great way to end the series and that it will require one final season for his vision to reach completion."

So, will that be the end of Mackey's exploits? Could there be TV-movies? Hard to say. The series was FX's first original series and has proven to be very popular, attracting a high-viewership (especially considering it's only available to cable and satellite subscribers) as well as multiple award nominations and wins. With that in mind, I can't help wondering if we might see Shield stories, in some form, for a long time to come.

Ballcox
06-18-2007, 12:43 PM
Ok, thanks! I was completely in the dark after watching that last episode and somewhat pissed off about the story lines that left me hanging without an answer.

That's cool that they're doing more episodes, although I would have to say that this last season was not nearly as good as season 5 with Forrest Whitaker. I hope they bring him back into the storyline somehow.

I also hope that Dutch finally gets himself a woman! :lol

2Blonde
06-18-2007, 02:42 PM
I have missed the last 2 weeks so I hope I can find them on a rerun soon.

50 cent
02-26-2009, 03:46 PM
Wow, I just finished the entire series for the first time.

Best. Show. Ever.

Rip-Hamilton32
02-26-2009, 04:47 PM
wait so none of you have seen * shoot himself in the head yet?

50 cent
02-26-2009, 04:49 PM
yep, i just watched it.

Rip-Hamilton32
02-26-2009, 04:52 PM
oh ok it was aired here a few months ago still turned out to be a shitty ending vic sellin out like that

ChumpDumper
02-26-2009, 05:00 PM
I wanted Wyms to off Vic since she was dying anyway, but Vic lost everything else short of his life -- there was some justice in that.

50 cent
02-26-2009, 06:18 PM
I thought it was the perfect ending.

Vic's desk job was more of a personal hell than being killed or in prison.