PDA

View Full Version : [_time to come clean_]

The Quoter
06-18-2007, 04:12 PM
If your now finished running around the house naked tossing silver and black confetti into the air, you may want to take advantage of this topic.
This topic is for everyone at this site who said something negative abut the Spurs. Trade Parker,Finley was a waste of time, Pop is not a coach , Manu sucks etc... I have over 200 quotes already copied, and ready for me to post so if you don't want to be embarrassed? go ahead and come clean now and I won't quote you. everyone has until Friday to come clean
:wakeup

SA210
06-18-2007, 04:15 PM
You can quote me as being the 1st to say Bruce would handle Lebron after Lebron's 48 point game.

:king

medstudent
06-18-2007, 04:17 PM
I said fuck small ball and I stand by it

PakiDan
06-18-2007, 04:17 PM
The Game Director has to be taken out and shot for not changing the "Are you Ready for This" Intro yet. Come on!!! What's next?... the revival of Garry Glitter?

RobinsontoDuncan
06-18-2007, 04:18 PM
whottt said the spurs couldnt win with finley. (but i secretly agreed with him)

Kori Ellis
06-18-2007, 04:19 PM
I said Finley, Oberto and Elson sucked at some points throughout the regular season.

And they did.

But that doesn't mean they didn't all make contributions to the Championship when it mattered.

Tippecanoe
06-18-2007, 04:21 PM
i doubted oberto from the first day on
i thought bowen was useless
i thought beno had potential to be great :depressed

sprrs
06-18-2007, 04:22 PM
The Game Director has to be taken out and shot for not changing the "Are you Ready for This" Intro yet. Come on!!! What's next?... the revival of Garry Glitter?

I love that song. Sure it's completely outdated but it gets the crowd pumped every single time. I'm always ready for this.

Budkin
06-18-2007, 04:23 PM
I said that we wouldn't win the title unless we traded for a better big man. I was wrong.

SenorSpur
06-18-2007, 04:25 PM
I was on record as saying the Spurs needed to forego Finley because they didn't need him. Had nothing to do with the type of person he is or anything. I just say the guy's abilities decline and he simply wasn't the pure shooter the Spurs thouight. My exact words were "Be Afraid. Be Very Afraid".

td4mvp3
06-18-2007, 04:27 PM
ah screw it, bring on embarassment.

Money316
06-18-2007, 04:27 PM
You can quote me as being the 1st to say Tony Parker would win the MVP Award this year.

No shit, member?

:fro

ChumpDumper
06-18-2007, 04:29 PM
Don't respond. I want to see the "over 200 quotes."

itzsoweezee
06-18-2007, 04:39 PM
i was wrong about pop. he's a good coach. but my criticisms about his use of small ball and his awful coaching against dallas last year stand.

but i was right about saying that the oberto and elson duo were good enough to win the championship while everyone else was ripping on them.

Don Quixote
06-18-2007, 04:41 PM
I thought that platonic love can't happen between two grown men.

I was wrong. It can.

suitedkings
06-18-2007, 04:52 PM
I said Spurs in 5, sue me!

Clutch20
06-18-2007, 05:06 PM
I said that I was looking forward to playing the Mavs to put away all arguments for once, even posted a sorry ass "by the numbers" but shit................they freakin' didn't pace themselves

joeyjfive
06-18-2007, 05:12 PM
Haha @ the threat of being embarassed, But I will admit at one point during the season I HATED Finley, he refused to drive to the basket when his jump shot was clearly off. Also my never-ending hate for Beno.

DarrinS
06-18-2007, 05:13 PM
I said Elson and Vaughn sucked.

Has anything changed?

DDS4
06-18-2007, 05:27 PM
Just do it!

I have nothing else to do until October.

michaelwcho
06-18-2007, 05:35 PM
I didn't post here last year, but after we lost to the Mavs, I thought we were more or less washed up, would finish 3rd or 4th in the West, and lose in the 2nd round of the playoffs. I thought Manu had lost a step, Duncan had lost a step; that our age and lack of athleticism had reached a critical mass. I thought we were too slow to play in this new era with the rule changes favoring "O" and speed.

I thought we would lose to the Mavs again, because we had no answers for their speed and they had enough big men size and fouls to throw at Tim.

At the time, I didn't think much of the Suns, because I thought Amare's recovery was a mirage. I thought his lack of mobility would reduce him from superstar ability to a mere above-average scorer. I was wrong on that count..the Suns were better than the Mavs this year.

ObiwanGinobili
06-18-2007, 05:56 PM
I said "ya'll ready for this" and Stan Kelly were an embarassment. And they were.

CubanMustGo
06-18-2007, 06:38 PM
I said "Mouse sucks because he wouldn't honor his bets" and stand by it.

duncan228
06-18-2007, 06:42 PM
I wondered whether Horry had anything left (glad I was wrong!), and whether Manu could be consistent.

SA210
06-18-2007, 06:57 PM
I said "ya'll ready for this" and Stan Kelly were an embarassment. And they ARE.
fixed :spin

Kobulingam
06-18-2007, 07:02 PM
I appologize for saying Barry would be shit in the playoffs even when he was draining threes with ease in regular season.

I am sorry I take it back. I hope we offer Barry a 4 year, $50 million extension.

Borosai
06-18-2007, 07:49 PM
During the regular season, I made a few sigs that questioned the Spurs' desire to win, and their toughness. On more than one occasion, I swore at them through the television.

They had their shitty stretches (like a big-headed friend... boooooo!), but they pulled it together when it mattered most.

As my form of moral payment, I will not make negative sigs next year.

Cry Havoc
06-18-2007, 08:16 PM
If your now finished running around the house naked tossing silver and black confetti into the air, you may want to take advantage of this topic.
This topic is for everyone at this site who said something negative abut the Spurs. Trade Parker,Finley was a waste of time, Pop is not a coach , Manu sucks etc... I have over 200 quotes already copied, and ready for me to post so if you don't want to be embarrassed? go ahead and come clean now and I won't quote you. everyone has until Friday to come clean

Post 'em. I gotta see this. *gets popcorn*

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-18-2007, 08:41 PM
I said in January that this team lacked the chemistry and composure of a championship winner (I had just watched them lose in the 4th to the Lakers and Rockets), but that we'd know more after the All-Star break because that's traditionally when we come together... and boy, did we ever! ;) Couldn't see it back in January though...

smeagol
06-18-2007, 09:10 PM
The Spirs Fans sucked at some point in the season. But they came around and contributed when it mattered.

MrChug
06-18-2007, 09:23 PM
In February I started a "who's been more fucking worthless to this team-Finley or Horry" conversation at a party. It got pretty heated...not because anyone disagreed, but that it was hard to decide.

dbreiden83080
06-18-2007, 09:28 PM
I remember saying 100% they would not win the title this year but i never went as far as some here who thought the way the Spurs were playing in Feb was who they were going to be all season. I knew they were going to get going at some point, but to the tune of a title no i had given up on that in Feb.

BigBeezie
06-18-2007, 09:32 PM
I said Manu was playing like crap against Denver. That wasn't very debateable at the time.

I also said Elson sucked and I stand by that. I'm not sure I said anything about Vaughn...but I think I said he sucks too. I don't take back any of my statements. We could have won with other role players in their place.

FromWayDowntown
06-18-2007, 09:51 PM
I'm interested to see the quotes as well.

Obstructed_View
06-18-2007, 09:57 PM
I confess that I said the Spurs would score 90 points in the first three quarters of a finals game. They only scored 89.

Oh, something negative. On a sports message board. :rolleyes

ancestron
06-21-2007, 04:40 PM
I never doubted the Spurs for a second. I knew that the loss to Dallas last year was only more fuel for the fire in 07, just like what happened in 04 was fuel for 05. Even during the midseason struggles, I knew it was simply the beast transforming, and the Spurs would steamroll through the playoffs, and lookie, they went 16-4 in the postseason and swept the Finals. I havent posted here for very long, but I think this forum is way better than clubspurs or any of the other ones. check out my blogs on my myspace page if you dont believe me. (myspace.com/aahbutthurt).

phyzik
06-21-2007, 04:55 PM
bring on the friggin quotes already!!

dallaskd
06-21-2007, 05:11 PM
I said Finley, Oberto and Elson sucked at some points throughout the regular season.

And they did.

But that doesn't mean they didn't all make contributions to the Championship when it mattered.

you said tim duncan couldnt be mentioned in the same breath as dirk.

judaspriestess
06-21-2007, 05:15 PM
I'm guilty of having no faith in the Spurs after their game one loss to denver in round 1. Forgive me for not thinking straight :drunk

I was so mad........... :pctoss

gaKNOW!blee
06-21-2007, 05:21 PM
What is the point of coming clean? If you admit what you said or have you post it, people will still know who said what when its all said and done.

Referee
06-21-2007, 05:29 PM
I thought a healthy Phoenix team would be able to stretch the Spurs and make them run out of gas by the end of games... I was wrong! Never ever under estimate the heart of proven Champions... :madrun

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/6306/popperox5.gif (http://imageshack.us)

RC's Boss
06-21-2007, 07:29 PM
Why the fuck should i care or be "embarassed" by what I post????? Hey, who the fuck is that w/ the tig 'ole bitties. Put the whole shit on there so we can see 'em pop out you tease!

conqueso
06-21-2007, 10:31 PM
I said the Spurs needed to be worried about the Cavs and that the series had a good chance of going 6 or 7. Boy, was I wrong.

The big question I have though is WHY THE FUCK HASN'T WHOTTT POSTED IN THIS THREAD YET? Is he still pretending like he was right about the Spurs not winning a ring with Finley playing major minutes? Is he really that much of a bitch?

SpursWillOwn
06-22-2007, 12:51 AM
WE FANS ARE JUST LIKE POP.. we get to the players on their back all the time.. getting them to focus focus.. thats the system and we learned it as a part of Spurs so we hold by it and would continue to run on everyone including our finals mvp!

SpursIndonesia
06-22-2007, 06:30 AM
I thought Cleveland would have taken the Spurs to atleast 6 games. It seems i gave LeBron too much credit.

AFBlue
06-22-2007, 07:16 AM
I'm guilty of basically saying the Spurs wouldn't win with Vaughn as the main backup, or at least cringed at the thought of it.

I'm glad he played within his means and over his head for the remainder of the year because the end result was a Spurs Championship.

Having said that, I feel justified because the Spurs look to be targeting a PG via the draft...so they obviously feel it's an issue as well.

I also said Elson sucked, but I stand by that claim. Here's hoping that Jackie does well enough in Summer League and training camp to surpass him on the depth chart.... :toast

lebomb
06-22-2007, 07:31 AM
I said there was no way the spurs would win the championship half way thru the season..........

IM GLAD I WAS WRONG!!!

:danceclub

ChumpDumper
06-22-2007, 04:51 PM
:wakeupWell, it's Friday and obviously not everyone has come clean.

:hungry:

td4mvp3
06-22-2007, 05:13 PM
Well, it's Friday and obviously not everyone has come clean.

:hungry:
yeah, i was kinda looking forward to whatever quotes the guy had.

CubanMustGo
06-22-2007, 07:23 PM
yeah, i was kinda looking forward to whatever quotes the guy had.

Oh, Mouse is famous for talking big and then disappearing in the clutch. Looks like this is one more example. :sleep

mardigan
06-22-2007, 07:27 PM
Wtf? i want to find out what stupid shit I said

VaSpursFan
06-22-2007, 07:43 PM
i pissed and moaned about pops shitty rotations during the regular season...pined badly for corey maggette...bitched about bruce being an offensive liability. and we fucking win the championship.

life is good and i see why i'm a fan :lol :lol :lol

Re-Animator
06-22-2007, 07:43 PM
The problem is trying to keep up with all the posters editing and deleting many of there negative posts and topics. No one wants to see quotes that are not there anymore it makes the quoter look like he was lying. Not to mention kori is not a fan of the old topics surfacing. The last time I went on a quoting spree she put her foot down.

75 of the 200 quotes are all ready missing due to spur fans covering their tracks and not wanting to be exposed for the band wagon fans they really are.

CubanMustGo
06-22-2007, 07:46 PM
Lamest.
Excuse.
Ever.

td4mvp3
06-22-2007, 07:54 PM
The problem is trying to keep up with all the posters editing and deleting many of there negative posts and topics. No one wants to see quotes that are not there anymore it makes the quoter look like he was lying. Not to mention kori is not a fan of the old topics surfacing. The last time I went on a quoting spree she put her foot down.

75 of the 200 quotes are all ready missing due to spur fans covering their tracks and not wanting to be exposed for the band wagon fans they really are.
because nothing's worse than a virtual community exposing all of its virtual participants for the frauds they are! :madrun

you know, that's the first time i've used the :madrun thingy, and i still have no idea what it's suppose to signify.

ChumpDumper
06-22-2007, 07:57 PM
So post the remaining 125 quotes.

CubanMustGo
06-22-2007, 08:07 PM
So post the remaining 125 quotes.

Oh, now it will be "there are only 118 left ... there are only 107 left ... there are only 92 left because ppl keep deleting their posts to keep me from exposing them." :dramaquee

timmydidit
06-22-2007, 08:25 PM
i said vaughn sucks
nothings changed

CubanMustGo
06-22-2007, 09:34 PM
I found this gem in the troll forum, timestamped 4:38PM today:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1808149&postcount=22

If your going to use the Quoter screen name? make sure you find all the negative quotes Spur fans said about their team and quote them in the Come clean topic on page two of the spurs forum.

ROFL! Mouse is trying to find someone else to do his dirty work!!

ChumpDumper
06-22-2007, 09:36 PM
:lmao mouse outsources trolling.

florige
06-22-2007, 09:37 PM
I just started posting on here right at the beginning of the playoffs. During the season I had my concerns about SA. It seemed as though we were getting all our wins against the crappy teams and losing to the good teams. Houston beat us for the first time in SA in years. We STILL couldn't beat Dallas. We lost to Cle twice. But I think it was Tony Menja on CBS who always had the Spurs at least in the top 5 no lower than 7 in the weekly power rankings all season. Even during our crappy spurt. He was noted as saying that we always had the tendency to start crappy, but always manage to turn it on when it counts. Damned if he wasn't right, and damned if he didn't catch flack for it on CBS. I live in Baltimore, and one night I was in the barbershop and someone was talking about Detroit and Miami debating who would go to Finals between the two. Then one guy said it doesn't matter because they won't beat Phx anyway. Everybody already assuming that it was Phx's title to lose. When the playoffs started I was really concerned drawing Denver in the first round. Just for the simple fact that they had Iverson who was hungry for a title, a more mature Carmelo, and a pretty good coach. Then on top of that they seemed to be jelling right along with us towards the end of the season. But after the first game when we managed to play like crap and they pulled it out at the end I wasn't to worried after that. I was thinking that we played like this and they struggled to beat us. The kicker was that it was at home. But I was REALLY surprised that we managed to beat them in 5 games though. I thought at the very least that series would go 6 or 7. Now with Phx they did concern me some, but I was confident that if Bowen could neutralize Nash the way he did Iverson we would beat Phx. I wasn't too worried about them. But I will tell you this, I think during the first round besides watching SA the team I wanted out the most had to be Dallas. Like it or not those fools seem to match up with us perfect. And Dirk for whatever reason seems to play like freakin Jordan whenever he plays us. I mean I remember last year watching us play them in the 2nd round, I mean it seemed like they scored EVERYTIME they had possession. I mean if not Dork, Devin, we neutralize Devin then here comes Stackhouse, then one game Terry is going off, I'll say this much I'd be lying if I told you I felt confident playing Dallas again in a 7 game series. I'm just being honest. But after GS beat Dallas and we got past Phx I wasn't too worried about anything. The only thing that concerned me with Utah was Jerry Sloan. And the only thing that concerned me with Cle was Whott. (well him and Lebron dropping 25 straight against Detroit, but mostly Whott though)

Obstructed_View
06-23-2007, 12:10 AM
Blow me quoter. You can quote me while you're doing it.

Re-Animator
06-24-2007, 12:52 AM
We now have things under control. I had to capture each page in each topic so encase of future edits the quotes will have authenticity. Also I figured 999 of you would come clean so I would only have to quote maybe, two posters at best, Sequ and Whottt. So with that said, some of the quoting will take place tonight, but a majority, lets say, 75% or so, will take pace by Sunday 530 PM. We here at SpursTalk want to thank each and every one of you for your patience, and understanding during these most difficult times we have during the off season here at SpursTalk.
Thank You

Re-Animator
06-24-2007, 12:55 AM
Lamest.
Excuse.
Ever.

If you have a better one PM me asap, maybe together we can save this topic?

Dream Weaver
06-24-2007, 01:05 AM
I found this gem in the troll forum, timestamped 4:38PM today:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1808149&postcount=22

ROFL! Mouse is trying to find someone else to do his dirty work!!

I am sure 90% of the lurkers don't really care who does it as long as they see some quotes. At this point I would settle for a quote bot software of some sort. Hell, we could all use this topic to quote each other.why we need mouse?
You should support this person, not make fun of him when he is in need. WTF kind of SpursTalk poster doesn't support his fellow Spurs fan?

ChumpDumper
06-24-2007, 10:41 PM
We now have things under control. I had to capture each page in each topic so encase of future edits the quotes will have authenticity. Also I figured 999 of you would come clean so I would only have to quote maybe, two posters at best, Sequ and Whottt. So with that said, some of the quoting will take place tonight, but a majority, lets say, 75% or so, will take pace by Sunday 530 PM. We here at SpursTalk want to thank each and every one of you for your patience, and understanding during these most difficult times we have during the off season here at SpursTalk.
Thank YouWhere are the quotes you promised at 5:30?

ChumpDumper
06-25-2007, 10:01 AM
Thank You

CubanMustGo
06-25-2007, 10:20 AM
I am sure 90% of the lurkers don't really care who does it as long as they see some quotes. At this point I would settle for a quote bot software of some sort. Hell, we could all use this topic to quote each other.why we need mouse?
You should support this person, not make fun of him when he is in need. WTF kind of SpursTalk poster doesn't support his fellow Spurs fan?

Mouse a Spurs fan? :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

George Gervin's Afro
06-25-2007, 10:26 AM
I stated that I liked vaughn's energy and thought he deserved more playing time. this was when beno was still playing.. I WAS RIGHT! Of course I also cried about TP's bad decision making and ball hogging.. :oops

bdictjames
06-25-2007, 10:55 AM
When Parker was injured for a game and Beno came out and played good, I thought this was going to be the start of the new Beno and he just wanted more PT.. :wtf

cherylsteele
06-25-2007, 11:01 AM
[b] This topic is for everyone at this site who said something negative abut the Spurs. [B]
You seem to think that just because someone makes a negative comment about the Spurs means they aren't fans.

Hey...before the all-star break alot of posters were quite unsure this years' tema ha d what it takes. Their were ?-marks in many spots. Would Oberto be better, could Bowen play "D" as he has in the past, would Tony play better in the playoffs, etc. All legit questions. Every team has questions about them no matter how well the finished the season.

Please get off your :soapbox:. You are no better than anyone else here.