PDA

View Full Version : Insane Crazy

DR WU
06-19-2007, 03:15 PM
When will the "experts" learn. Greg Oden may have a huge upside but Durant is already an impact player. I don't get it. For my money it's Kevin Durant all the way.

King
06-19-2007, 03:17 PM
There have been lots of 'impact' players on the college level.

Neither will be a bad pick, but draft big if there's a potential franchise changing player.

Tippecanoe
06-19-2007, 03:40 PM
shane battier was an impact player in college. so how did that turn out??

MoSpur
06-19-2007, 03:42 PM
I would take Oden over Durant.

BigBeezie
06-19-2007, 03:48 PM
I'm not sure that either of them will be great. I mean, they're worth a shot...but I think Al Horford is the most ready to play at the pro level. He is big and strong and should be able to come in and play. Still, nothing is guaranteed.

dbreiden83080
06-19-2007, 04:01 PM
When will the "experts" learn. Greg Oden may have a huge upside but Durant is already an impact player. I don't get it. For my money it's Kevin Durant all the way.

Your crazy. Oden is bigger, stronger, a great defender will be a great rebounder and has a good low post game that is only going to get better. Durant is a perimiter player he is not a guy you are building around to the tune of titles.

DDS4
06-19-2007, 04:35 PM
There have been lots of 'impact' players on the college level.

Neither will be a bad pick, but draft big if there's a potential franchise changing player.

There have been exceptions...we all know how Sam Bowie turned out ahead of another pretty good player.

Brutalis
06-19-2007, 04:37 PM
Durant could be good in a few years but right now is bleeding raw.

ClingingMars
J.R. Reynolds will surprise you all.

-Mars

freedom&justice
Both of them are good, and they're gonna be franchise players to start with. They're both pretty cool guys, character guys. Oden doesn't talk much (remind you of someone?), but this dude's got better skills than you'd think.
He's quick for a big man, he's a good defender, and he's starting to develop an offensive game - and he played at what, 50% all year? I like Durant, and he might just turn out to be a superstar, but I'll definitely take Oden over him.

lrrr
06-19-2007, 05:28 PM
Your crazy. Oden is bigger, stronger, a great defender will be a great rebounder and has a good low post game that is only going to get better. Durant is a perimiter player he is not a guy you are building around to the tune of titles.

Agreed

The only championship team in recent memory not built arounda big man were the Bulls, and there were TWO perimeter superstars on those teams, it wasn't JUST MJ.

All the others, (except 2004) were built around TD, Shaq and Hakeem. Everyone raves about KG, but really, what has he done with his phenomenal skills? Size trumps skill everytime.

Hillcrest
06-19-2007, 05:49 PM
Durant is incredible! He can shoot the 3 and has a mid range jumper and he even has turn around jumper like Kobe too. The kid is wow!!!!!!! All he needs to do is get stronger which is given, since he is only 18 or 19 years old.

Durant IS incredible. However, having an awesome center is better than having an equally awesome 'any other position'. Center's are just more valuable because they are rare...and you can build teams around them easier.

Guajalote
06-19-2007, 07:50 PM
My hunch is Oden will be more of an impact player for two reasons.

First, I've heard him compared to DRob, Shaq, Timmy, and Ewing. That's got to tell you something there.

Second, I think that the "not able to bench 180 lbs." thing was blown out of proportion, but I still think there's something to the strength issue. How many players have washed out because they weren't able to put on weight or bulk up and were pushed around. Don't get me wrong, I would be thrilled to have him on my team, but I just think that the NBA is a league of adjustments. If a player excels in one area, teams will tend to funnel them in their weakest direction. I think that teams will begin banging with Durant and expose that area of need.

Either way, gotta love being a Blazers or Sonics fan (at least on draft night).

By the way, I'm a former Northwest resident that bleeds Spurs silver and black when cut. For future reference, in case there are ever any Sonics trolls in here, tell them this joke that was pretty popular in Washington State.

"Why won't the NBA put a professional basketball team in Spokane? (which is the other major city in the eastern part of the state) Because then Seattle would want one too."

DR WU
06-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Agreed

The only championship team in recent memory not built arounda big man were the Bulls, and there were TWO perimeter superstars on those teams, it wasn't JUST MJ.

All the others, (except 2004) were built around TD, Shaq and Hakeem. Everyone raves about KG, but really, what has he done with his phenomenal skills? Size trumps skill everytime.

TD, Shaq and Hakeem didn't come with skills...what a joke?