PDA

View Full Version : Who will win the NBA championship in 2008?

SpursDynasty
06-19-2007, 09:48 PM
Who will win the 2008 championship?

mavs>spurs2
06-19-2007, 09:49 PM
Bobcats

SpursDynasty
06-19-2007, 09:54 PM
My prediction is that Dallas and/or Phoenix will open the 2007-2008 season on a 10-game winning streak vs. a group of teams like the Hawks, Kings, Bobcats, Grizzlies, Celtics, Bucks, Knicks, Bobcats again, Hornets, and Magic and will automatically be the "favorite" to win the championship for winning 10 easy games in a row. Then, a great defensive team like San Antonio will beat them in the playoffs, and we'll call it an "upset". Then, the 2008 Spurs championship will not count, just like the 1999, 2003, 2005, and 2007 championships have an "asterick" because it was supposed to be LA, Detroit, and Dallas as champs in 03, 05, and 07, and 99 was a lockout season. :lol

MavericksDynasty
06-19-2007, 10:15 PM
Great thread. You're just doing what you're supposed to do SpursDynasty by making the posts you're supposed to make. All those other posters are flukes that just got lucky.

MavericksDynasty
06-19-2007, 10:25 PM
I predict that David Hasselhoff will attack a burger just like the way we attacked the League last year:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/206/511054662_a581611a73_o.jpg

Take that hamburger. The Hoff 67, Burger 15.

BUMP
06-19-2007, 10:38 PM
the Suns have the best chance. its just that they get screwed every year. this year the suspension, when they lost to Dallas they didnt have Amare, when they lost to San Antonio before they just werent experience enough, when they lost before they didnt have Nash, so its going to be their year after they win their 58-60 games in the regular season. i dont see anyone beating them

jacobdrj
06-19-2007, 10:39 PM
After the GSW thing, the Mavs are broken. It will be a contest between the Spurs and the Rockets at this point... Texas reigns again...

BUMP
06-19-2007, 10:46 PM
the Mavs are broken.
and the Pistons will be joining us. please dont even think you have a shot next year :lol

dg7md
06-19-2007, 10:47 PM
So far, the Spurs have shown they have everything it takes to win it all again.

Call me a homer but it's just fact.

RonMexico
06-19-2007, 11:11 PM
The final score is in:

2004 Pistons = 1995 Atlanta Braves... nice little run, with only the 1 title to show for it.

Day Day Cartier
06-19-2007, 11:17 PM
Pistons we will be back..

jacobdrj
06-19-2007, 11:49 PM
and the Pistons will be joining us. please dont even think you have a shot next year :lol
Wow, unnecessary... A post like this one casts a dim light on Mavs Fans in general. I am a fan of Cuban and what he stands for in regards to the NBA... I love Avery as coach... but some lack of luck and some mental breakdowns have caused some serious problems with the team. It isn't a personal jab, just an objective observation.

This was not an insult, as I was thinking the Mavs had the championship in the bag last season, and would've too if it weren't for those damn kids...

But it was a hard mental blow to the Mavs to loose the way they have the past 2 seasons, and a coaching mistake by Avery with the starting-lineup change.

Did I even mention the Pistons in my 1st post? The Pistons were done when they got rid of Ben. They haven't developed talent since Okur/Prince and haven't had a sane coach since the end of 2003... Without devotion to the development of the younger players, the Pistons are relegated to mediocrity.

This thread is not about team loyalty... it asked who will be champion next season. It would appear the only teams out there right now with a balance of West Coast offense and East Coast defense seem to be the Rockets and Spurs, and perhaps the Jazz, if they can stay healthy... which I don't think they will...

dbreiden83080
06-20-2007, 12:56 AM
Pistons we will be back..

You guys are done. What the hell have you seen in the last 2 years that says to you the Pistons are still title contenders? We swept a team you guys played like shit against. The year before after winning 64 games you lay an egg against the HEAT. You guys are done it is over with that current group.

Xylus
06-20-2007, 01:02 AM
It's an even-numbered year, so the Spurs won't make a serious push until 2009. :lol That's how they roll.

Next year is going to be all about the Suns/Mavs. I think the Suns have the right tools to take out Dallas in the WCF.

I'm sticking with my team through rain or shine.

ThomasGranger
06-20-2007, 01:14 AM
I voted Spurs, but to be honest it's really too hard to say until the dust settles from the draft and free agency signings. Even then, it will be a tough call since changes that look good on paper may not pan out on the court, and vice versa.

I expect the Suns to make significant roster changes via trade while the Spurs and Mavs will play it more conservatively.

If all three teams do only minor tweaking, I'd say you have to give the Spurs the edge.

Burn531
06-20-2007, 01:22 AM

Remember the Pistons are in the East. They still have at least one year left imo.

Spurs rock
06-20-2007, 01:25 AM
Heat-Spurs

Spurs in 7.

mavs>spurs2
06-20-2007, 02:18 AM
Lmao at people already counting the mavs out. They will make some adjustments and be ready for the title chase next year and years to come.

mavs>spurs2
06-20-2007, 02:20 AM
Not a damn thing's changed, it will still come down to SA/Dallas/Phoenix and either Cleveland or Miami from the East.

Texas_Ranger
06-20-2007, 02:24 AM
Back to back baby.

ArgSpursFan
06-20-2007, 07:47 AM
Spurs repeat baby!!

himat
06-20-2007, 08:02 AM
You guys are done. What the hell have you seen in the last 2 years that says to you the Pistons are still title contenders? We swept a team you guys played like shit against. The year before after winning 64 games you lay an egg against the HEAT. You guys are done it is over with that current group.

We have not seen much the last 2 years. If the same type of season comes around again someone is gone this time though. Either Flip or a player. If it's Flip this team should have a shot at it again.

MadDog73
06-20-2007, 08:40 AM
If past history is any guide, a team from the East will win. :lol

The Cavs?!?

BobcatsDynasty
06-20-2007, 09:00 AM
This poll is a fluke. The Bobcats will win the title next year. When they beat the Spurs this year, they were just beating a team they're supposed to beat.

Humble Billy Hayes
06-20-2007, 09:01 AM
twooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo shots!

BadBoysAreBackIn08
06-20-2007, 09:10 AM
What about the Pistons? We made 5 straight ECF's and u guys are counting us out?!?!? The Spurs may be a "Dynasty" but they never made 5 straight WCF's. Next years Finals-Spurs vs. Pistons, Pistons in 7. Just because we lost to David Stern and the refs doesn't mean we're not a contender for a championship. I mean come on, you're rating Dallas a better playoff team than us!! Since when do we choke in the first round to GOLDEN STATE?!?!?!?!? Oh well, time to prove all the haters wrong.

Findog
06-20-2007, 09:44 AM
I mean come on, you're rating Dallas a better playoff team than us!! Since when do we choke in the first round to GOLDEN STATE?!?!?!?!?

With all due respect, Golden State > Detroit. Also, we've beaten the current champs, you haven't.

That said, predictions now are useless before the draft, the FA signing period, the 07-08 trading deadline and the seedings for next year's playoffs are determined.

spursreport
06-20-2007, 10:29 AM
Lmao at people already counting the mavs out. They will make some adjustments and be ready for the title chase next year and years to come.

Not without a low post player and not until they have a pair of balls especially their superstar in order to be physically and mentally tough enough when teams gets rough with them in a series.

Suns IMO have a better chance than the Mavs to win the west. I just dont see Kerr dealing Marion. The Suns didnt just land a former Spur as their GM to break up their team. Suns gave us a tough competitive 6 game series and I expect them to be even tougher next year. The Mavs had issues with a Warriors team who didnt have a dominant low post game. Imagine how easy it will be for Amare to score at will inside. Not to mention Nash always plays great against Dallas as does Marion. While the Suns may not be the most physical team in the league, they are very physical still and that doesnt bold well for Dallas.

Ignorant Spurs fan
06-20-2007, 12:09 PM
Suns IMO have a better chance than the Mavs to win the west.
:lol
1. Mavs have already won the West
2. Mavs are better
3. Mavs have beaten the Spurs and the Suns
4. Suns did beat Dallas, but they werent an elite team yet
5. Dallas will be an underdog next year, and they are better in that role

kontrolheat
06-20-2007, 12:15 PM
Heat-Spurs

Spurs in 7.
i agree but a different out come heat in 7

monosylab1k
06-20-2007, 12:41 PM
i agree but a different out come heat in 7

if there's any guarantees next year, it's that Miami won't be in the Finals.

Findog
06-20-2007, 12:43 PM
if there's any guarantees next year, it's that Miami won't be in the Finals.

The East is so weak that you can't count them out, especially if Wade is healthy.

monosylab1k
06-20-2007, 12:49 PM
The East is so weak that you can't count them out, especially if Wade is healthy.

I dunno, I'm of the opinion that the East isn't as bad as people think, and that there's a lot of young talent that is right about to explode.

With Shaq a year older, this team really has no shot IMO. Unless Wade can manage to get James Posey, Walker, and the rest of the team on Weight Watchers, I see 40 wins, wins at the most for them next season. Enough to get in the playoffs but they'll get their asses swept back out again.

DDS4
06-20-2007, 01:03 PM
Suns have a little problem with Marion. They can't keep him at the expense of going over the salary cap.

And Mavs? Unless Avery pulls a bunny out of the hat, how can they bounce back from a NBA Finals loss and a 1st round exit the year after? Since game 2 of the NBA Finals in '06, the Mavs have a playoff record of 4-8. Not exactly a juggernaut in my book.

It'll be interesting what the offseason will be like.

kontrolheat
06-20-2007, 01:16 PM
I dunno, I'm of the opinion that the East isn't as bad as people think, and that there's a lot of young talent that is right about to explode.

With Shaq a year older, this team really has no shot IMO. Unless Wade can manage to get James Posey, Walker, and the rest of the team on Weight Watchers, I see 40 wins, wins at the most for them next season. Enough to get in the playoffs but they'll get their asses swept back out again.
And u guys will win a championship plz u guys are soft

monosylab1k
06-20-2007, 01:22 PM
And u guys will win a championship plz u guys are soft

Dallas is soft in the head, unlike Miami who is soft in the midsection.

Borosai
06-20-2007, 01:27 PM
Spurs will finally repeat and shut everyone up.

Or they may lose and win in 2009. Either way, I'm always right!

kontrolheat
06-20-2007, 01:31 PM
Dallas is soft in the head, unlike Miami who is soft in the midsection.
dirk the softest cat to ever play the game of basketball

Tippecanoe
06-20-2007, 01:38 PM
i have a feeling the celtics are gonna surprise a lot of people next season

spursreport
06-20-2007, 01:39 PM
1. Mavs have already won the West
2. Mavs are better THAN THE SUNS WITHOUT AMARE
3. Mavs have beaten the Spurs and the AMARELESS Suns
4. Suns did beat Dallas WITH AMARE BUT WERE UNABLE TO BEAT THEM WITHOUT HIM
5. Dallas will be an underdog next year, and they are better in that role BUT THEY ARE STILL SOFT ASS CHOKERS WHO LACK AN INSIDE GAME

Fixed!

Findog
06-20-2007, 01:46 PM
Fixed!

Yep, the Mavs are the only team in the history of the NBA to lose a game or series in which they were ahead:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=240515013

http://www.nba.com/games/20060522/DALSAS/recap.html

Because if there's one thing we all know, you're not gonna come into San Antonio in Game 7 and walk away with a W if you're soft.

td4mvp21
06-20-2007, 01:52 PM
Because if there's one thing we all know, you're not gonna come into San Antonio in Game 7 and walk away with a W if you're soft.

Oh, but remember? The past is the past, don't bring it up.

Funny how the things you preach for so long can come back and bite you in the ass.

Findog
06-20-2007, 01:59 PM
Oh, but remember? The past is the past, don't bring it up.

I personally have never said that, unless we're talking about Bill Russell, Willis Reed, Bob Petit, etc.

Funny how the things you preach for so long can come back and bite you in the ass

What am I "preaching," btw? Dirk and the Mavs have a checkered playoff history. It's not 100% failure. Other poster was making a blanket statement.

bresilhac
06-20-2007, 02:59 PM
Regarding the poll, how can a 67 win team with home court advantage have a bad matchup? This is senseless to me. If the Mavericks had a fraction of the heart that San Antonio does going all the way should have been a cakewalk given their talent. But alas this was not the case. Imo the problem stems not from the talented roster but from a severe lack of playoff poise. (Obvious). When the chips are down Dallas has all the character and poise of a bunch of 6 year old girls. Maybe not as much.

Spurs win everything in 2008 without much resistance.

Findog
06-20-2007, 03:18 PM
Regarding the poll, how can a 67 win team with home court advantage have a bad matchup? This is senseless to me.

Maybe you need to pay attention then, because the Warriors were not a typical 8-seed. Do you think they go 42-40 if Davis and Richardson don't miss a combined 50 games due to injury? Or if that trade is consummated in training camp instead of in February? It was a minor upset, not a major one. Warriors have a better backcourt than the Mavs, Dampier's rotator cuff tear severely hampered Dallas' defense and forced Dirk to slide over to C, and Avery was thoroughly outcoached by Nellie. If you were going to beat Dallas, throwing out five 6'7 wings that can run the floor is the way to do it.

Spurs fans: "Regular season doesn't matter" and "How can a 67 win team lose in the playoffs?" Pick a lane please.

If the Mavericks had a fraction of the heart that San Antonio does going all the way should have been a cakewalk given their talent. But alas this was not the case. Imo the problem stems not from the talented roster but from a severe lack of playoff poise. (Obvious). When the chips are down Dallas has all the character and poise of a bunch of 6 year old girls. Maybe not as much.

Yeah, Dallas could never win a playoff series, much less beat a team like the Spurs, right? I mean, Dirk is only 5-0 in series-deciding games. The Mavs have a checkered playoff history, but let's go ahead and selectively use facts to bolster our argument and ignore inconvenient ones.

Sacramental
06-20-2007, 03:23 PM
Sacramento will win 50+ games in the regular season and make it to the WCF. 10% chance they win the chip though..

Findog
06-20-2007, 03:24 PM
Sacramento will win 50+ games in the regular season and make it to the WCF. 10% chance they win the chip though..

You're that high on Reggie?

leemajors
Maybe you need to pay attention then, because the Warriors were not a typical 8-seed. Do you think they go 42-40 if Davis and Richardson don't miss a combined 50 games due to injury? Or if that trade is consummated in training camp instead of in February? It was a minor upset, not a major one. Warriors have a better backcourt than the Mavs, Dampier's rotator cuff tear severely hampered Dallas' defense and forced Dirk to slide over to C, and Avery was thoroughly outcoached by Nellie. If you were going to beat Dallas, throwing out five 6'7 wings that can run the floor is the way to do it.

Spurs fans: "Regular season doesn't matter" and "How can a 67 win team lose in the playoffs?" Pick a lane please.

Yeah, Dallas could never win a playoff series, much less beat a team like the Spurs, right? I mean, Dirk is only 5-0 in series-deciding games. The Mavs have a checkered playoff history, but let's go ahead and selectively use facts to bolster our argument and ignore inconvenient ones.
in game sevens? a win to close a series for the other team is still a series deciding game. series deciding games is a misleading term.

ArgSpursFan
Maybe you need to pay attention then, because the Warriors were not a typical 8-seed. Do you think they go 42-40 if Davis and Richardson don't miss a combined 50 games due to injury?.

same thing happened to the spurs this year and on 2005 first round of the playoffs with the nuggets.+They got thougher this season since Iverson arrived there.
I say If you want to win it all,you need to beat them all.that simple.

Findog
06-20-2007, 03:28 PM
in game sevens? a win to close a series for the other team is still a series deciding game. series deciding games is a misleading term.

I mean Game Sevens and Game Fives in the best of five format:

2001: Jazz
2003: Blazers
2003: Kings
2005: Rockets
2006: Spurs

florige
06-20-2007, 03:33 PM
Heat-Spurs

Spurs in 7.

Nah I don't see that matchup happening. Shaquille is done.

bresilhac
06-20-2007, 03:56 PM

I never said that Dallas couldn't win a series. Obviously they have. Maybe I should have been more specific in describing past Mavs failures. In that post I was thinking of the Mavericks pathetic, horrendous meltdown against Miami in the 2006 Finals and more recently the choke job against vastly outmanned GS. In the first example lack of character and poise and just not having the mental edge or toughness to gut out what was sure to be a Heat flurry after being down 2-0 was the reason for that particular choke. Think of it, you're up 2-0 and LOSE the series. How can you not attribute that to anything but a lack of killer instinct or poise. The second example was nothing more than an extreme case of choking.

The Mavericks were clearly, glaringly the superior team in that matchup despite all of the reasons you cite as to why Dallas couldn't possibly beat the Warriors. Head to head Dallas was better than GS on paper save for the point guard matchup. And even with the sometimes effective Dampier out the Mavericks were still way too much for the Warriors to be able to handle. Or so we thought. The Warriors won that series not by overmatching or outcoaching the Mavericks but by uniting as a team and playing with a wreckless abandon and will to win rarely seen in NBA ball. Except by determined Champions of course, ie the Spurs. And where was Dallas' will to win? Where was their shear determination to beat an obviously outmatched foe?

The Mavericks approached that series and the playoffs more generally with an attitude of smugness and with a feeling that the Title should have been theirs just by virtue of winning 67 games. And this smugness eventually would lead to their demise. Surely you must agree that the Mavericks as they are now composed cannot, will not ever win a Title. Their self-fulfilling prophecies of failure will continue so long as losing, for no other reason than lack of character, continues to rule that poor franchise's psyche.

dg7md
06-20-2007, 04:33 PM
i have a feeling the celtics are gonna surprise a lot of people next season

You're crazy.

Wait, you're right. They'll surprise us with the 8th seed in the east. :smokin

Findog
06-20-2007, 04:40 PM
In that post I was thinking of the Mavericks pathetic, horrendous meltdown against Miami in the 2006 Finals

You mean the series where Wade stepped his game up and made like MJ for the final four games? Where three of those losses were decided by a grand total of 6 points? That "pathetic, horrendous meltdown?" So Devin Harris and Jason Terry decided they didn't want to stop Wade and wanted to lose instead of being unable to stop him?

and more recently the choke job against vastly outmanned GS.

You mean the Warriors that received a major talent upgrade with the S-Jax/Harrington trade? The same Warriors team that lost B-Diddy and Richardson to 50 games due to injury? Those "vastly outmanned" Warriors? The same Warriors that went 16-5 down the stretch with wins over Utah, Detroit, Phoenix, Dallas when they finally had that roster healthy and intact? You're telling me those Warriors go 42-40 and back into the playoffs if their starting backcourt doesn't miss 50 games? Or they have Jackson and Harrington for 82 games instead of 25? Are you serious?

In the first example lack of character and poise and just not having the mental edge or toughness to gut out what was sure to be a Heat flurry after being down 2-0 was the reason for that particular choke.

So Wade having four Hall of Fame games in a row and being too quick for Dallas' guards to stop was an example of Dallas not wanting to win? Pat Riley giving more minutes to Alonzo Mourning because he did a better job of protecting the rim and running the floor than Shaq, that's an example of Dallas not wanting to win? Three of the four wins on the part of Miami coming by a grand total of six points, that's an example of the Mavericks not wanting to compete? You can't tip your cap to Wade for stepping up and for Riley being a master coach? It was simply a case of the Mavericks laying down because they didn't want to win? With all due respect, you're being insipid...or trollish.

Think of it, you're up 2-0 and LOSE the series. How can you not attribute that to anything but a lack of killer instinct or poise. The second example was nothing more than an extreme case of choking.

Yeah, you're right. It wasn't a case of the Lakers doing a good job of keying their defense and making adjustments towards Tony Parker, the Spurs were just a bunch of pussies that decided that they didn't want to win:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=240515013

The Mavericks were clearly, glaringly the superior team in that matchup despite all of the reasons you cite as to why Dallas couldn't possibly beat the Warriors.

Warriors had the better backcourt, they had the better coach. Dallas had the best individual player and had a bad series. It happens.

Head to head Dallas was better than GS on paper save for the point guard matchup.

So Jason Terry or Greg Buckner > Jason Richardson? Devean George > Stephen Jackson?

The Warriors won that series not by overmatching or outcoaching the Mavericks but by uniting as a team and playing with a wreckless abandon and will to win rarely seen in NBA ball. Except by determined Champions of course, ie the Spurs.

Superb analysis Dr. Phil. Are you 14 years old? Do you want to talk basketball or are you more of an armchair psychologist? Warriors had better coaching and were pretty close to the Mavs on talent after that trade.

The Mavericks approached that series and the playoffs more generally with an attitude of smugness and with a feeling that the Title should have been theirs just by virtue of winning 67 games.

Really Dr. Phil? Can you point me to the quotes where they said "It's automatic that we're gonna make it to the WCF? We don't have to show up and earn it?" The same team that over and over again in the regular season said that their gaudy record was fool's gold and the only thing that mattered was winning a title? That smug and arrogant team? I'm not a Spurs fan and I don't follow them closely during the regular season, so I won't pass myself off as an expert of the day to day doings of that particular team. Please refrain from talking about things for which you have no insight.

And this smugness eventually would lead to their demise. Surely you must agree that the Mavericks as they are now composed cannot, will not ever win a Title.

I don't know what the future holds Nostradamus. Not many people gave the Warriors a chance to beat the Mavericks. One thing I do know based on being around this forum for the past year is that Spurs fans would absolutely love for Cuban to break this team up, since we're the only team in the League that has sent the Spurs home (Malone/Stockton and Shaq/Kobe no longer exist.), and since we present the same kind of vexing matchup problems that a team like the Warriors pose for us. A lot of Maverick bandwagoners made themselves look stupid by not giving the Spurs a chance to come back and win the title i.e. "spurs are too old, etc." It would be equally dumb and shortsighted to permanently write off Dirk and the Mavs. I would expect this kind of idiocy from a Warriors fan, or a Heat fan, but Spurs fans should know better. At least the better ones, anyway.

Their self-fulfilling prophecies of failure will continue so long as losing, for no other reason than lack of character, continues to rule that poor franchise's psyche.

Lots of namecalling. U mad? :lol

SpursDynasty
06-21-2007, 09:30 AM
Suns have a little problem with Marion. They can't keep him at the expense of going over the salary cap.

And Mavs? Unless Avery pulls a bunny out of the hat, how can they bounce back from a NBA Finals loss and a 1st round exit the year after? Since game 2 of the NBA Finals in '06, the Mavs have a playoff record of 4-8. Not exactly a juggernaut in my book.

Actually, that's 2-8 since Game 2 of the NBA Finals '06. 2-8 in the playoffs since then, and people think this is the best team in the NBA.

BobcatsDynasty
06-21-2007, 09:35 AM
Actually, that's 2-8 since Game 2 of the NBA Finals '06. 2-8 in the playoffs since then, and people think this is the best team in the NBA.

The Spurs were 0-3 in the playoffs between May 9 and May 15 last season. Flukes.

SpursDynasty
06-21-2007, 09:37 AM
Yeah, you're right. It wasn't a case of the Lakers doing a good job of keying their defense and making adjustments towards Tony Parker, the Spurs were just a bunch of pussies that decided that they didn't want to win:
l

You're still referring to 2004? You know SA has won 2 championships since the late clock start for the 0.4 shot?

Findog
06-21-2007, 09:38 AM
You're still referring to 2004? You know SA has won 2 championships since the late clock start for the 0.4 shot?

They still went out and dropped Game 6. They still have Manu, TP and Duncan. Same crew.

If Spurs fans want to bring up the 2006 NBA Finals as some sort of conclusive proof that the Mavs are the only team to drop four straight, I'll keep bringing up the 2004 series against the Lakers.

BobcatsDynasty
06-21-2007, 09:39 AM

2 fluke championships with fluke shots by fluke players. When the Bobcats beat them this year, they were just beating a team they're supposed to beat.

Tippecanoe
06-21-2007, 09:40 AM
You're crazy.

Wait, you're right. They'll surprise us with the 8th seed in the east. :smokin

you never know!!! they did have a lot of injuries last season, and with the atlantic division being a joke (toronto aside), its feasible

SpursDynasty
06-21-2007, 09:42 AM
2 fluke championships with fluke shots by fluke players. When the Bobcats beat them this year, they were just beating a team they're supposed to beat.

Half of the teams that SA lost to this year cheated. Spurs realistically were a 70-12 team.

BobcatsDynasty
06-21-2007, 09:42 AM
Half of the teams that SA lost to this year cheated. Spurs realistically were a 70-12 team.

Half the games that SA won they cheated. Spurs realistically were a 35-47 team.

Half of the teams that Charlotte lost to this year cheated. Bobcats realistically were a 60-22 team.

Findog
06-21-2007, 09:43 AM

Ah, somebody who makes BobcatsDynasty look sober and realistic.

SpursDynasty
06-21-2007, 09:44 AM
Half the games that SA won they cheated. Spurs realistically were a 35-47 team.

Half of the teams that Charlotte lost to this year cheated. Spurs realistically were a 60-22 team.

Seven of the 10 losses between January 1 and February 11 were by five or less points. So add seven to 58 wins and you get 65. Dallas sucks, so add more 3 to 65 and you get 68. Cleveland's reg. seasons wins vs. SA don't count, so add 2 and you get 70.

Findog
06-21-2007, 09:46 AM
Seven of the 10 losses between January 1 and February 11 were by five or less points. So add seven to 58 wins and you get 65. Dallas sucks, so add more 3 to 65 and you get 68. Cleveland's reg. seasons wins vs. SA don't count, so add 2 and you get 70.

You're a parody as well! All this time I thought you were retarded but you're pulling our leg. Bravo, sir, on a job well done!

monosylab1k
06-21-2007, 09:46 AM

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
This is the uber-Jeff post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No other "Dynasty" poster can ever show their face again because this BLOWS AWAY delusion on any level!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Findog
06-21-2007, 09:47 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
This is the uber-Jeff post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No other "Dynasty" poster can ever show their face again because this BLOWS AWAY delusion on any level!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got compliments for my "MavericksDynasty" but I'm clearly going to have to raise my game to compete.

monosylab1k
06-21-2007, 09:48 AM

Seriously, this is the greatest post i've ever seen in my short time here at SpursTalk. This needs ST Hall Of Fame consideration.

monosylab1k
06-21-2007, 09:49 AM
I got compliments for my "MavericksDynasty" but I'm clearly going to have to raise my game to compete.

Yeah MavericksDynasty, BobcatsDynasty, SunsDynasty, BucksDynasty needs to join forces and maybe add GrizzliesDynasty and HawksDynasty to the team. It will take a monumental effort to defeat the new and improved uber-SpursDynasty!

Findog
06-21-2007, 09:53 AM
Yeah MavericksDynasty, BobcatsDynasty, SunsDynasty, BucksDynasty needs to join forces and maybe add GrizzliesDynasty and HawksDynasty to the team. It will take a monumental effort to defeat the new and improved uber-SpursDynasty!

SpursDynasty is clearly using some sort of performance-enhancing drugs, I'm convinced of that after these latest gems. Mescaline, perhaps?

DarkReign
06-21-2007, 10:03 AM
Spurs will repeat (barring injuries).

No other team throws 3 all stars out on the floor that consistently perform like TP, Manu and TimD. As long as the Spurs have those 3, theyre always the favorite.

Pistons lose in the ECFs. Total guess.

BucksDynasty
06-21-2007, 10:04 AM
where are the Bucks on this list?

of these four teams they are the only ones not to have lost a playoff game last year. Spurs had maybe the easiest road to the championship in league history. they avoided the Mavs, healthy Suns, and the Bucks who swept the Spurs in the season. they were just sweeping a team they were supposed to sweep. if it wasnt for a couple of bad breaks, the Bucks would've been in the playoffs. there's nothing you can do to beat cheaters. then, they just would've beaten teams they were supposed to beat and would've won it all.

Dirk Nowitzki
06-21-2007, 11:14 AM
IF the Mavs land a post player, the rest of the league is seriously fucked. Land Zach Randolph and the former Western Conference Champs will be back! :elephant :elephant

dallasmavsnfuego214
06-21-2007, 01:23 PM
Dallas Mavericks will win the 2008 championship uncontested

tlongII
06-21-2007, 02:06 PM
The Blazers have to be the odds on favorite for the 2008 championship.

spurscenter
06-21-2007, 02:23 PM
The Yankees

suck

Vinnie_Johnson
06-21-2007, 02:31 PM
I am going to say Atlanta they are my sleeper. LOL

dallaskd
06-21-2007, 06:31 PM
2008 might be the spurs last one in a while unless they get some youth.

stevallica
06-21-2007, 06:33 PM
mavs, after all we won 67 games.

JP le Requin
06-21-2007, 08:03 PM
back to back!!!!!

mavsfan1000
06-21-2007, 08:34 PM
It's the mavs turn. Nash is getting old and will wear down. The spurs have the oldest team in the nba so their time is running out.

jbspurs
06-22-2007, 12:19 AM

Try not to have the best record again, you might end up going against GSW for the second time. Most likely result will be the same!

SpursDynasty
06-22-2007, 11:35 AM
It's the mavs turn. Nash is getting old and will wear down. The spurs have the oldest team in the nba so their time is running out.

I thought the Mavs' turn was in 2006? When the Spurs passed the torch :lol

HJNTX
06-23-2007, 03:35 PM
I predict that David Hasselhoff will attack a burger just like the way we attacked the League last year:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/206/511054662_a581611a73_o.jpg

Take that hamburger. The Hoff 67, Burger 15.

ummm...Does Hasselhoff "choke," like the Mavs did?? :lol :lol

HJNTX
06-23-2007, 03:35 PM
I thought the Mavs' turn was in 2006? When the Spurs passed the torch :lol

Agloco
06-23-2007, 11:09 PM

Don't you mean 2-8?

That amounts to a steaming pile of dogshit......

JeffDynasty
06-23-2007, 11:56 PM
If nobody else wins it then the Spurs or the Mavs win it. If the Mavs don't get handed a bunch of fake wins fluke victories then the Spurs will take it. If not the Mavs will take it. If the Spurs or the Mavs don't win then another team will.

Let's put our money where our mouths are. I'll bet that if I'm right then the rest of you can't log on until next season.

LEONARD
08-13-2007, 05:00 PM
Mavs

RocketsDynasty
08-14-2007, 01:15 PM
Where are the Rockets?

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-14-2007, 03:05 PM
Where are the Rockets?
In the first round.

The_Game
08-14-2007, 04:12 PM
obviously it will be the spurs or suns who will come out of the west. they are the two best teams in the west.

boston to come out of the east

SpursDynasty
08-14-2007, 04:16 PM
The Spurs are the lone superpower in the West. I don't see any team in the West other than SA making the NBA Finals. If SA doesn't make the Finals, then whoever the Eastern Conf. team is will win it.

yourcheatinheart
08-14-2007, 04:27 PM
The Spurs are the lone superpower in the West. I don't see any team in the West other than SA making the NBA Finals. If SA doesn't make the Finals, then whoever the Eastern Conf. team is will win it.

hahahaha :lol your more full of shit than a septic tank. suns in 7. :toast

SpursDynasty
08-14-2007, 04:31 PM
The Spurs will have a 70-12 or better season. Mark my words, that's a guarantee.

spursreport
08-14-2007, 05:02 PM
The west boils down to the Spurs and Suns with the Mavs being third. Dallas has alot of question marks especially with how they will be mentally. As of right now they are the most vulnerable of the 3 teams. This year is the Suns big big chance to prove themselves kinda like the chance Dallas had in 06 and the kings had in 02. During the Nash era...the Suns lost to the NBA champs twice and didnt have Amare last year when they lost to Dallas. it sucks they had bad luck last year but they are due to not have any fuck ups this upcoming post season. This year will be their best and ultimate greatest chance of getting to the NBA Finals.

mavs>spurs2
08-14-2007, 05:11 PM
The west boils down to the Spurs and Suns with the Mavs being third. Dallas has alot of question marks especially with how they will be mentally. As of right now they are the most vulnerable of the 3 teams. This year is the Suns big big chance to prove themselves kinda like the chance Dallas had in 06 and the kings had in 02. During the Nash era...the Suns lost to the NBA champs twice and didnt have Amare last year when they lost to Dallas. it sucks they had bad luck last year but they are due to not have any fuck ups this upcoming post season. This year will be their best and ultimate greatest chance of getting to the NBA Finals.

STFU with your mav hate, it gets old. Thanks.

spursreport
08-14-2007, 05:46 PM
STFU with your mav hate, it gets old. Thanks.

Yeah the truth usually does hurt doesnt it? :)

mavs>spurs2
08-14-2007, 05:54 PM
Yeah the truth usually does hurt doesnt it? :)

Nothing you said was truth. Now kindly take your ass back to spursreport not even the spur fans here like you.

spursreport
08-14-2007, 06:52 PM
Nothing you said was truth. Now kindly take your ass back to spursreport not even the spur fans here like you.

:sleep :sleep Go wack off to your 67 win season.

dickface
08-14-2007, 07:02 PM
ANOTHER PERSONAL ATTACK!!!

I am going to PM Kori about this.

Findog
08-14-2007, 07:42 PM
Shut the fuck up faggot. Coming in here taking it up the ass for the Mavs go fuck yourself you stupid son of a bitch.

Pistol...2K4
08-14-2007, 07:54 PM
The Bulls

Dirk Nowitzki
08-14-2007, 10:03 PM

Did Cuban kill your dog or something. Did the Mavs do anything to you to make you be this hateful? I mean it is normal to have a sports hated towards a team but it seems to be like it is a little bit more than that with you. What are you trying to prove? So what if Mavs fans have confidence in their team. Why the fuck does that bother you? Your team has 4 championships yet you constantly take jabs at the Mavs especially when people think they can still compete in the west (which they still can). It tends to be affecting your life that Mavs fans still have faith in their team. I really dont understand that.

Roxsfan
08-14-2007, 10:09 PM
Hawks

spursreport
08-14-2007, 10:10 PM
Did Cuban kill your dog or something. Did the Mavs do anything to you to make you be this hateful? I mean it is normal to have a sports hated towards a team but it seems to be like it is a little bit more than that with you. What are you trying to prove? So what if Mavs fans have confidence in their team. Why the fuck does that bother you? Your team has 4 championships yet you constantly take jabs at the Mavs especially when people think they can still compete in the west (which they still can). It tends to be affecting your life that Mavs fans still have faith in their team. I really dont understand that.

Oh look, this emo piece of shit is trying to lecture me. You depressing son of a bitch. You are fucking pathetic. I loved the way atxrocker dissed the fuck out of your punkass in your fucking pathetic thread "I have a problem".

emo fuckin forum. you gotta prob for sure... you're a fucking nobody reject. NOONE on this board can help you with that shit. sack it up, quit cryin and man the fuck up. on top of that, you're one of the crappiest trolls ever to register on the board, man up and cry on your real screenname, then i MAY pretend to give enough of a fuck to act like i care or like you're the only motherfucker to ever go through this shit.

:lol :lol The fact you needed a spurs message board to help you with your problems is fucking laughable. I am not the only one who thinks you are fucking pathetic as this quoted post above me shows. You just fucking posted that thread not only cuz you are a pathetic piece of shit but also because you wanted people to fucking feel sorry for you. You need attention which is really sad. You are a fucking disgrace. Now leave you moronic troll and go cry like a little bitch somewhere else. :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

Roxsfan
08-14-2007, 10:15 PM
Oh look, this emo piece of shit is trying to lecture me. You depressing son of a bitch. You are fucking pathetic. I loved the way atxrocker dissed the fuck out of your punkass in your fucking pathetic thread "I have a problem".

:lol :lol The fact you needed a spurs message board to help you with your problems is fucking laughable. I am not the only one who thinks you are fucking pathetic as this quoted post above me shows. You just fucking posted that thread not only cuz you are a pathetic piece of shit but also because you wanted people to fucking feel sorry for you. You need attention which is really sad. You are a fucking disgrace. Now leave you moronic troll and go cry like a little bitch somewhere else. :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

Shut the fuck up bully. E-thug. I bet you're 5'7" and a buck 30. You make me want to root for the Mavs and your Spurs are my second team. Speaking of crying like a bitch, you were doing that not too long ago regarding Spursreport site going awol and you were so depressed wahhhh, wahhh. I don't know you, but on this site, you're an asshat.

I am very sad
Spurs Report is not working. I wonder what is up with that site. I really hope they dont shut down. Those guys are my family away from here. Keep your fingers crossed that they work out whatever issues they are having.

Findog
08-14-2007, 10:16 PM
Shut the fuck up faggot. Coming in here taking it up the ass for the Mavs go fuck yourself you stupid son of a bitch.

mavs>spurs2
08-14-2007, 10:22 PM

WGAF what atxrocker says? He was a little bitch and now hes banned so what does it matter what he has to say. And Dirk's post was dead on, truth hurts doesn't it?

Like I said before, go catch up with your kind back over at spursreport. No one here likes you not just dallas fans but spur fans, rocket fans, etc as well. Last time I saw somebody get trashed this bad by his own fellow fans was amarelooms over at mavtalk.

stretch
08-30-2007, 10:10 AM
WGAF what atxrocker says? He was a little bitch and now hes banned so what does it matter what he has to say. And Dirk's post was dead on, truth hurts doesn't it?

Like I said before, go catch up with your kind back over at spursreport. No one here likes you not just dallas fans but spur fans, rocket fans, etc as well. Last time I saw somebody get trashed this bad by his own fellow fans was amarelooms over at mavtalk.
lol, got that right.

Dirk Nowitzki
08-31-2007, 01:00 AM

:rolleyes :rolleyes You know there is more to life than being with concerned Mav fans having faith in their team dont you? I really dont understand it still. Yes every single Mavs fan is jealous of the Spurs. Any Mavs fan denying that is lying. Other than beating you guys in 2006, did someone Maverick related do something horrible to you?

mavs>spurs2
08-31-2007, 01:09 AM
:rolleyes :rolleyes You know there is more to life than being with concerned Mav fans having faith in their team dont you? I really dont understand it still. Yes every single Mavs fan is jealous of the Spurs. Any Mavs fan denying that is lying. Other than beating you guys in 2006, did someone Maverick related do something horrible to you?

We pissed on his team in 06, and he's insecure that it could happen again.

Dex
08-31-2007, 02:04 AM
Bobcats

They would just be beating teams they were supposed to beat.

Baron Davis
09-02-2007, 12:25 AM
The Houston Rockets

lefty
09-02-2007, 12:32 AM
Spurs !

Mavs are great chokers

Suns are gay

Rockets have no leader

East is weak

mavs>spurs2
09-02-2007, 12:59 AM
Spurs !

Mava are great chokers

Suns are gay

Rockets have no leader

East is week

Great post! Lot's of misspelled words and homo smack :tu

lefty
09-02-2007, 01:20 AM

You can not handle the truth

Mister Sinister
09-02-2007, 01:28 AM
I only saw two. And "Lot's" is, in this case, also grammatically incorrect.

lefty
09-02-2007, 01:35 AM

lefty
09-02-2007, 01:35 AM
I only saw two. And "Lot's" is, in this case, also grammatically incorrect.

Thank you

Mister Sinister
09-02-2007, 01:36 AM
Thank you
Don't get me wrong. The homo smack pissed me off. I'm just playing Devil's Advocate.

lefty
09-02-2007, 01:40 AM
Don't get me wrong. The homo smack pissed me off. I'm just playing Devil's Advocate.

:p:

09-04-2007, 02:25 AM
It will be San Antonio.