PDA

View Full Version : Flight of The Conchords

PakiDan
06-19-2007, 11:40 PM
Did anyone see the premier episode?? I thought it was GREAT TV... another hit by HBO. The girlfriend and robot songs were classic!!!

"And then I seal the deal, I seal the deal I do my dance moves"

NZ Spurs
06-20-2007, 12:56 AM
They were worried that the Americans wouldn't understand the humor. But they said if they don't get the humor at least they will laugh at our accents.

I'm not sure when we get the series here?

The Red Hood
06-20-2007, 12:58 AM
they are on Conan right now

The Red Hood
06-20-2007, 12:59 AM
well they will be soon

ChumpDumper
06-20-2007, 01:11 AM
They were worried that the Americans wouldn't understand the humor.Since it's basically an English "Tenacious D" I don't see much of a problem.

Xolotl
06-20-2007, 01:41 AM
No I missed it....damn I hope its onDemand

CuckingFunt
06-20-2007, 03:35 AM
they are on Conan right nowJust ended here in California. Fucking hilarious.

katyon6th
06-20-2007, 08:08 AM
My friend Ryan said it best:

"It was like this crazy awesome Wes Anderson movie, crossed with Tenacious D (but funny!) with parts of The Office thrown in. I loved it."

Ballcox
06-20-2007, 01:33 PM
I had never seen these guys before their show started on HBO, watched the first one with the wife on Sunday. We were both in tears from laughing so hard. Man, what an amazing show!

It is like a version of Tenacious D, but I think these guys are more talented musically and just have a very subtle sense of humor that is also very intelligent at the same time. I'm completely hooked, I've since been watching performances from them on youtube. :smokin

spurschick
06-20-2007, 08:53 PM
I just watched the first episode...
"You could be a part-time model, but you should probably keep your day job.":lmao

I'm going to have to watch it again. There was too much that I missed the first time because I was laughing so much.

ancestron
06-22-2007, 04:40 PM
they probably have their original standup show from HBO on youtube or limewire or something. I have been a Conchords fan for over a year. They have LOTS of songs and they are funny as hell. better than Tenacious D imo.

Mr. Peabody
07-17-2007, 11:38 AM
Five episodes in and this show is hilarious. The songs are great, especially "Rhymenocerous v. Hiphopapotamus." I read somewhere that the show was only going to run for twelve episodes. That's rather dissapointing.

peewee's lovechild
07-17-2007, 11:51 AM
Since it's basically an English "Tenacious D" I don't see much of a problem.

They're not English, they're from New Zealand.

peewee's lovechild
07-17-2007, 11:52 AM
Five episodes in and this show is hilarious. The songs are great, especially "Rhymenocerous v. Hiphopapotamus." I read somewhere that the show was only going to run for twelve episodes. That's rather dissapointing.

The Rhymenocerous and Hiphopapotamus bit was fucking hillarious!!!

They better not cancel this series after only twelve episodes.

mrsmaalox
07-17-2007, 11:52 AM
Best show I've seen in ages. I have been a Conchords fan since I sawthem at SXSW in Austin. Hilarious!! This is my only absolutely "don't miss" show every week!

Spurminator
07-17-2007, 11:58 AM
I'm not sure this show has "long-term funny" potential.

mrsmaalox
07-17-2007, 12:04 PM
Unfortunately you are probably right. How many stupid situations can these guys face that haven't been done already a million times? I'll just love it while it lasts!!

"Will somebody please remove these cutleries from my knees!" :lol

Ballcox
07-17-2007, 12:30 PM
^I was wondering the same thing. I can see them making it through maybe two seasons, but then what? Do they just keep doing songs and fitting the comedy stuff around the songs? Might be hard to pull off for multiple seasons. But I'm loving this show right now, one of my favorites.

O-Factor
07-17-2007, 12:42 PM
I was hooked from the first episode. Just a brilliant comedy. My favorite episode was when they get jacked by those to dudes, LOL, F'n hilarious!

mrsmaalox
07-17-2007, 01:26 PM
I was hooked from the first episode. Just a brilliant comedy. My favorite episode was when they get jacked by those to dudes, LOL, F'n hilarious!
Yea that's been the best one yet!

peewee's lovechild
07-17-2007, 01:30 PM
Unfortunately you are probably right. How many stupid situations can these guys face that haven't been done already a million times? I'll just love it while it lasts!!

"Will somebody please remove these cutleries from my knees!" :lol

Larry David has made it work with "Curb Your Enthusiasm".

I don't see why they can't at least make it work for five seasons.
Besides, it's New York City . . . there are plenty of ways to get in stupid situations in that city.

mrsmaalox
07-17-2007, 01:37 PM
Larry David has made it work with "Curb Your Enthusiasm".

I don't see why they can't at least make it work for five seasons.
Besides, it's New York City . . . there are plenty of ways to get in stupid situations in that city.
I did think about "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and how it still is funny even in mega re-runs. It would be great for Conchords to do the same. The main problem I see though is that so far these guys have only used the same songs they have been doing for the last 5 years; the repertoire is a bit limited unless they have been writing like mad. I will keep my fingers crossed!

peewee's lovechild
07-17-2007, 01:46 PM
I did think about "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and how it still is funny even in mega re-runs. It would be great for Conchords to do the same. The main problem I see though is that so far these guys have only used the same songs they have been doing for the last 5 years; the repertoire is a bit limited unless they have been writing like mad. I will keep my fingers crossed!

No need to cross your fingers, I'm pretty sure they got more where all that came from.

judaspriestess
07-17-2007, 01:47 PM
I love this show.

mrsmaalox
08-26-2007, 10:42 AM
Just 2 more episodes left! The show has definitely been renewed for another season and writing is under way! Although the ratings weren't as stellar as hoped, it was HBO's number one request On-Demand!!! :elephant :elephant

CharlieMac
08-26-2007, 01:31 PM

Yeah, I saw the first few episodes on-demand a few weeks ago and by episode 3 I was kind of bored. I got tired of Tenecious D and this feels too much like Tenecious D. Speaking of which, that movie was so played. It just flat out sucked.

I do like the intro to the show though.

mrsmaalox
01-05-2009, 10:58 AM
Season 2 premieres Jan 18th! First episode is now on HBO.com and FunnyorDie.com :tu

Kamala
02-21-2009, 09:25 PM
Sugar Lumps and Too Many Dicks are great songs!