PDA

View Full Version : Reflections

efrem1
06-19-2007, 11:56 PM
Well folks it has been a wonderful season. I just love it when the rest of the country envies the four titles that our beloved small-market team has won over the past nine years. To say that I am pleased is an understatement. As a long-suffering Spurs fan since the Bruise Brothers era, I waited for nearly 20 years for the first one. How marvelous is it that four have come our way and that Peter Holt has outfoxed such men as Jerry Buss, Mark Cuban and Jerry Krause to make decisions to give this little team the recognition it deserves after so many years.

From the early years when sportscasters such as Steve Grad, George Wood, Dan Cook, Gary DeLaune, Jerry Desmond and others would get excited about the team every night they played to today's sports anchors, The Spurs have been a source of great joy to all in the Alamo City.

I have been happy that I have been a part of this story from the time I waited on chilly San Diego night 24 years ago to get autographs from George Gervin and Mike Mitchell to my overzealousness of trying to greet the Spurs when they came to Sacramento last year.

I won't post much this summer as I begin my new job at the Arizona State Library next month and getting used to the routine. So when you get on the 3rd floor of Arizona state Capitol and see me, just whisper go spurs go. :)

As a parting gift I will link you to my friend the Joker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcDsPZuQwrk