PDA

View Full Version : acie law

coachmac87
06-20-2007, 12:28 AM
spurs should do whatever it takes to get this guy...trade up...give up barry, beno, whoever it takes...people have to realize that if the spurs want to repeat we will probally go up agianst dallas and they will have the terry/harris matchup...and we counter with law/parker...o god.....wow....ive heard he may go high and that he may drop..dont kno why he would drop he was hands down the best pg in the nation last year...hes this years jameel nelson...best pg who people overlook...guy is a baller...please RC...draft mr.law

Leetonidas
06-20-2007, 12:32 AM
1. No one wants Beno or Brent.

2. Acie Law will be drafted before #28.

mardigan
06-20-2007, 12:33 AM
Hes going to be a lottery pick, Spurs would have to give up too much

johngateswhiteley
06-20-2007, 12:34 AM
well, personally, i'd love that. i would think a backup point guard and small forward would be tops on the list followed by a power forward. from what i have seen, Law appears to be as high as 13 and as low as 20 on most mock drafts. so, it is unlikely the Spurs can get him, even if they traded up there is a good chance he would be taken before they picked. but we shall see...

Darkwaters
06-20-2007, 12:35 AM
He is a senior and thereby has less upside than a lot of the more hyped prospects in the draft. Hes a proven commodity that likely won't grow his game too much more. He could slip because of that. That being said, 28 is never going to happen for him. And Beno and Barry are essentially worthless to people that are trying to do anything except dump cap. Teams that are dumping cap are usually rebuilding and desiring quality young talent to build around. Couple in the fact that PG is the second hardest position to fill and you can see we have virutally no chance to land Mr. Law IV.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-20-2007, 12:36 AM
Spurs would have to trade up into the mid-teens to get Acie. Hmm, our first round, one of our second rounders, Beno, and maybe we could make it happen :hat

coachmac87
06-20-2007, 12:40 AM
thats why i say trade up!!!....give up our later picks or something...i mean come on if were talkin about getting fuckin kobe bryant...do not fuckin tell me we cant get acie law...i kno he wont fall to 28...but u cant tell me the spurs cant trade up to get him..chances are not good that the spurs go that far for a back up pg..but these days small ball is rising...parker and law in the backcourt...wow...and how u going to say nobody does not want beno..im sure there is a thread about how cleveland wants beno..show me a mock draft that has him in the top ten???

Leetonidas
06-20-2007, 12:45 AM
and how u going to say nobody does not want beno..im sure there is a thread about how cleveland wants beno..show me a mock draft that has him in the top ten???
Because he fucking sucks ass.

coachmac87
06-20-2007, 12:46 AM
there are mock drafts that dont have im going in the first round...yall can look for yourself...i mean ill take law over conley any day of the week..law is getting overlooked just like nelson did...cause nelson lacks height...but law is a proven winner and he put texas am back on the map

coachmac87
06-20-2007, 12:49 AM
Because he fucking sucks ass.

on the spurs cause he cant play defense...but beno can shoot the lights out and can is a far better passer than tony parker...just cant play d...and we kno what pop thinks about people who cant play d...people make beno out to be a sorry player...he could do better with actual playing time and consistent mins..and a team who doesnt stress defense

ThomasGranger
06-20-2007, 12:50 AM
If he falls to 28 I imagine the Spurs would take him. Otherwise it ain't happening.

Leetonidas
06-20-2007, 12:58 AM
on the spurs cause he cant play defense...but beno can shoot the lights out and can is a far better passer than tony parker...just cant play d...and we kno what pop thinks about people who cant play d...people make beno out to be a sorry player...he could do better with actual playing time and consistent mins..and a team who doesnt stress defense
He can't play defense worth a shit, when his shot isn't falling he's pretty much useless, and he is turnover prone and folds under pressure.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-20-2007, 01:04 AM
thats why i say trade up!!!....give up our later picks or something...i mean come on if were talkin about getting fuckin kobe bryant...do not fuckin tell me we cant get acie law...i kno he wont fall to 28...but u cant tell me the spurs cant trade up to get him..chances are not good that the spurs go that far for a back up pg..but these days small ball is rising...parker and law in the backcourt...wow...and how u going to say nobody does not want beno..im sure there is a thread about how cleveland wants beno..show me a mock draft that has him in the top ten???
First off, no one was serious about getting kobe, and if there were actually people who were serious, you're just plain stupid. And the Spurs aren't missing out on 2 opportunites to help the team so they can get rid of those 2 draft picks to draft a BACKUP. And if Parker and Law IV are in the backcourt where does Manu go??? And if Manu is at the SF spot where does Bowen go??? It's just a report and not a fact that the Cavs want Beno, and even if they do, they're not going to beg us for him. Maybe just a future 2nd rounder and, if we're lucky, a scrub player too. And pretty much every mock draft doesn't have Law IV not going in the top ten but around 10-15. So the only the Spurs even THINK about drafting him is if he drops to the 28th spot.

BeerIsGood!
06-20-2007, 01:05 AM
this isn't the NFL - 2nd round picks and especially mid to late 2nd round picks aren't worth much because of the lack of roster spots available on NBA teams.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-20-2007, 01:13 AM
Spurs would have to trade up into the mid-teens to get Acie. Hmm, our first round, one of our second rounders, Beno, and maybe we could make it happen :hat

Make it so.

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/5550/39488059rh5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

BeerIsGood!
06-20-2007, 01:17 AM
Make it so.

I wouldn't buy that custom jersey just yet...

would he be the first player in NBA history with roman numerals printed on the jersey?

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-20-2007, 01:17 AM
I wouldn't buy that custom jersey just yet...

would he be the first player in NBA history with roman numerals printed on the jersey?

If he's drafted by the Spurs, I'm ordering it.

BeerIsGood!
06-20-2007, 01:20 AM
If he's drafted by the Spurs, I'm ordering it.

News of the trade of the rights to Acie Law the IV by the San Antonio Spurs came approximately 30 minutes after Johnny Blaze ordered his custom jersey. Let's just hope it was a replica. :smokin

timvp
06-20-2007, 01:33 AM
Law could fall but it looks like the Heat at 20 is about as far as he could drop. And seeing how Pop has never traded up in the first round in the 13 or so drafts he's been a part of, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Kori Ellis
06-20-2007, 01:36 AM
Law could fall but it looks like the Heat at 20 is about as far as he could drop. And seeing how Pop has never traded up in the first round in the 13 or so drafts he's been a part of, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Even though he hasn't ever traded up, he has tried quite a few times. I'm hoping this time they can actually somehow get to the low teens. Not necessarily for Acie Law, but for somebody in the range.

T Park
06-20-2007, 01:40 AM
If you trade up, you try and get thaddeus young, or someone of that ilk.

timvp
06-20-2007, 01:49 AM
If Corey Brewer slips at all, I'd give up the house for him.

coopdogg3
06-20-2007, 01:52 AM
I'd give my left nut for Corey Brewer.

Methinks my left nut is safe though.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-20-2007, 01:54 AM
If Corey Brewer slips at all, I'd give up the house for him.
:lol

J.T.
06-20-2007, 01:56 AM
Oden will go undrafted and the Spurs will nab him as an undrafted FA.

You heard it here first.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-20-2007, 01:57 AM
Oden will go undrafted and the Spurs will nab him as an undrafted FA.

You heard it here first.

I think I would burn my jersey in front of the practice facility if the Spurs passed him up at their turn.

coachmac87
06-20-2007, 02:13 AM
First off, no one was serious about getting kobe, and if there were actually people who were serious, you're just plain stupid. And the Spurs aren't missing out on 2 opportunites to help the team so they can get rid of those 2 draft picks to draft a BACKUP. And if Parker and Law IV are in the backcourt where does Manu go??? And if Manu is at the SF spot where does Bowen go??? It's just a report and not a fact that the Cavs want Beno, and even if they do, they're not going to beg us for him. Maybe just a future 2nd rounder and, if we're lucky, a scrub player too. And pretty much every mock draft doesn't have Law IV not going in the top ten but around 10-15. So the only the Spurs even THINK about drafting him is if he drops to the 28th spot.

ok duh...manu comes off the bench...u could start law if u need to..if i was pop i keep manu on the bench...he is a the perfect bench player with all the energy he brings...u can keep bowen at the 3 for maybe a year or two..and if the spurs decide to keep finley he will only be around for a year ot two also..and then where do u go from there??? they can address a back up pg need this year which they need really really bad...and who knows u can move law at the 2 in the future..and have that bowen replacement at the 3 with gino still bringing the heat off the bench...i think its time that the spurs need to do something with their first rounder this year besides groom people overseas..save the second rounders for that..spurs need youth..and the draft is the cheapest way to get youth and help right away

IcemanCometh
06-20-2007, 02:19 AM
Acie will burn up the league like that other great Aggy draftee Antoine Wright.

coachmac87
06-20-2007, 02:23 AM

whats that supposed to mean?? imma longhorn..but ill be the first to tell u that law blows any pg that played in the nation away...put law with oden and ohio st are the champs not florida

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-20-2007, 09:48 PM
Make it so.

:worthy:

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-20-2007, 09:49 PM

Thanks for bringing nothing to the discussion as usual, Ice.