PDA

View Full Version : Jazz coach stays he'll stick with Kirilenko

spurscenter
06-20-2007, 01:22 AM
Jazz coach stays he'll stick with Kirilenko
June 19, 2007

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- Despite complaints about his playing time and even tears during the playoffs, Andrei Kirilenko likely will remain with the Utah Jazz.

"We're going to keep him, as far as I'm concerned," coach Jerry Sloan said Monday.

"We're not looking. I don't like to trade people," he said. "But we've got to do what's best for the franchise, always."

Kirilenko, Utah's top draft pick in 1999 and its highest-paid player, averaged fewer than 10 points in 17 playoff games as the Jazz advanced to the Western Conference finals. He made 21.3 percent of his 3-point shots during the season, a career low.

"He's got to come and play," Sloan said. "I mean, when he doesn't come and play hard, he can blame it on whatever he wants, but all I can say is what I see on the floor.

"We loved the way when he plays great," the coach said. "And he can be good all the time if he works at it."

Supergirl
06-20-2007, 09:46 AM
They should trade him, because they need a little more help, and he's their greatest asset, and one of their least useful pieces at this point.

resistanze
06-20-2007, 10:30 AM
I WANT TO PWAYY MORE! :madrun

I want to pwayy more... :depressed

MrChug
06-20-2007, 11:09 AM
I agree...too much talent to give up on.

(*cough*Hedo*cough*Darko*cough*Rasho)

Nah, AK47's far more talented than all of those but their emotional and psychological weakness (the need to be important/wanted) ruined their chances to live up to their potential which was/is sky high.

ShoogarBear
06-20-2007, 12:48 PM
He has a max (or near-max) contract. They probably couldn't move him unless it was at a deep discount.