PDA

View Full Version : anyone know a good drug lawyer?

Kumar
06-20-2007, 10:05 AM
a 'friend' of mine just got sentenced 2-5.

house got raided a couple years ago. he was slingin the coke and living the lifestyle. someone ratted.

so...

anyone know a good lawyer so he can file an appeal of some sort. maybe get the sentence reduced...

on what grounds, i'd have no idea. i'm no lawyer.

Mr. Peabody
06-20-2007, 10:08 AM

house got raided a couple years ago. he was slingin the coke and living the lifestyle. someone ratted.

so...

anyone know a good lawyer so he can file an appeal of some sort. maybe get the sentence reduced...

Gerald Goldstein and Roy Barrera are two of the most prominent criminal lawyers in town if your friend can afford the fees they would charge.

sa_butta
06-20-2007, 10:09 AM
sounds like he his getting what he deserves. How much did he get busted with?

Kumar
06-20-2007, 10:15 AM
much thanks Peabody.

any other names from anyone are still appreciated!

as for how much?

i'll ask his wife at lunch and letcha know...

IceColdBrewski
06-20-2007, 10:22 AM
Someone always rats eventually. Always.

Jimcs50
06-20-2007, 11:08 AM

so...

tell him not to drop the soap in the shower...only advise that I know of.

:)

seriously 2-5 years is not too bad for dealing a class A drug...I do not think he will get any less time than that.

SpursWoman
06-20-2007, 11:18 AM
Roy Barrera

...of Nicholas & Barrera

I know someone who has used him before, and apparently he can work miracles. :drunk

tlongII
06-20-2007, 11:19 AM
I wonder if he'll still have a wife when he gets out?

Kumar
06-20-2007, 12:52 PM
she said like 50 bux worth. :wtf

i have worth more than that in smoke in my car right now...

but there was a snitch, she thinks the neighbor across the street, that was a customer as well...

the cops took possession of like 3 of their trucks...

they got the vehicles back and the cops were pissed that there wasn't more drugs.

but the lawyer they had during the case was one of those, "he'll get back to you" and never does, lawyers.

Kumar
06-20-2007, 01:11 PM
I wonder if he'll still have a wife when he gets out?

that's a good question.

she got a tattoo of his name on her right breast on tuesday.

i told her it's the kiss of death for a relationship.

i said, lemme see.

she looked around and said, "not here, someone might see"

she's milf material, but i have obligations.

NorCal510
06-20-2007, 01:34 PM
kumar!

make another movie!!!

Mr. Peabody
06-20-2007, 01:42 PM
...of Nicholas & Barrera

I know someone who has used him before, and apparently he can work miracles. :drunk

Well, that's good because it sounds like Kumar's friend will need a miracle. The odds of getting his post-conviction sentence reduced or getting the conviction reversed are extremely low.

Nbadan
06-20-2007, 10:27 PM
The odds of getting his post-conviction sentence reduced or getting the conviction reversed are extremely low.

Yeah, in Texas it's almost impossible. How much did he make per year? If he has cash then multiply what he made per year times the time he's likely to spend, about 2.5-3 years, behind bars and that's what he should pay a good attorney as a retainer.

FromWayDowntown
06-20-2007, 11:10 PM
Yeah, in Texas it's almost impossible. How much did he make per year? If he has cash then multiply what he made per year times the time he's likely to spend, about 2.5-3 years, behind bars and that's what he should pay a good attorney as a retainer.

I don't know that it's "almost impossible," but statistically, in virtually every jurisdiction across the nation, the reversal rate on appeals after trials (as opposed to appeals from summary dispositions) is about 1/3 or less. Texas, on both the civil and criminal side, generally tracks that percentage. The rate of reversal goes up significantly if there is error in the way that the lower court conducted the trial; the reversal rate goes down significantly if the only argument concerns the sufficiency of the evidence to support a jury's decision to convict.

Whottt's Dealer
06-21-2007, 01:55 AM
http://www.texasdefenseattorney.com/AttorneyProfile.shtml

he helped me!

Soul_Patch
06-21-2007, 01:21 PM
a little late to be looking for a lawyer?

and if it was only 50 bucks worth, i doubt that level of dealer could afford a great attorney.

what did he use for his trial?

MaNuMaNiAc
06-21-2007, 01:31 PM
IMO dealers are the scum of the earth. If your friend was dealing, he deserves anything he gets!

TonyMontana
06-21-2007, 01:36 PM
IMO dealers are the scum of the earth.

jou need people like me.

Phil Hellmuth
06-21-2007, 01:39 PM
IMO dealers are the scum of the earth. If your friend was dealing, he deserves anything he gets!

blame the system, not the person.

if drugs were legal, there is no profit, if there is no profit there are no dealers.

in short drugs should be legal, if someone wants to F up their life so be it, it would dimish street/urban crime.

prohibition is lame.

fatsack
06-21-2007, 01:54 PM
you need better "friends"

just sayin.

BigBeezie
06-21-2007, 02:12 PM
Call Attorney David Christian. The guy knows all of the judges in this area. Trust me, he can help.

Mijo
06-21-2007, 02:18 PM
she said like 50 bux worth. Meh, sounds more like a user than a dealer.