06-20-2007, 10:22 AM
Wishful thinking forum.

tmtcsc
06-20-2007, 10:53 AM
ah, the younger members of Spurstalk.

slacker77
06-20-2007, 10:59 AM
ah, the younger members of Spurstalk.
are kidding?...have you seen some of the bs other members post?

AFBlue
06-20-2007, 12:03 PM
Given that he was drafted one year after LeBron/Melo/Wade/etc. and those guys negotiated long-term extensions last summer, I would say that he's probably eligible for an extension this summer, will be a restricted FA in 2008 (assuming he doesn't sign an extension), and will be an outright FA in 2009 (assuming he doesn't sign an offer in 2008, that offer isn't matched by Orlando, and he just takes the one-year qualifying offer of less than $5M)....

Bottom Line: Dwight Howard to the Spurs is an UNBELIEVABLE longshot that hinges on many things going right at the right time in order to get him here. Almost always, a "true" #1 pick signs at the first extension opportunity for the max dollar allowable...this should be no different.

Dex
06-20-2007, 12:05 PM
Maybe they'll do Beno for Howard straight up.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-20-2007, 12:06 PM
I could go for Spurschick's sig right about now.

spurschick
06-20-2007, 01:20 PM
Ask and you shall receive.

Borosai
06-20-2007, 01:32 PM
Nice.

BigBeezie
06-20-2007, 01:43 PM
Howard is just a small version of shaq. He can't shoot, but he's so big and athletic that he probably averages a double-double.

TMSKILZ
06-20-2007, 01:47 PM
Well Howard grew up a David Robinson fan on & off the court, so maybe if he stays a free agent, we can send DRob to recruit him for us.

TexasAggie2005
06-20-2007, 02:11 PM
definitely far fetched, but is it realistic?

the spurs have ~42 million on the books for 2008/09. howard has a qualifying offer that year from orlando for ~8 million. assuming the cap will be somewhere in the 55 million range, it's possible the spurs could sign him. we all know they've been clearing space and not signing anyone other then duncan, parker, and ginobili (and butler now) past next year.

i think it's a given that we have to make a run at a pretty decent free agent that summer or the next. howard and parker would make a sweet tandem for the future, especially if howard got to play with duncan for a little while.

EDIT: of course this would mean not resigning anyone else past next year, including oberto, bowen, elson, and anyone we might sign this summer. which means it probably won't happen. still, interesting that the spurs front office has kept everyone's salaries limited to through next year.

tmtcsc
06-20-2007, 02:13 PM
are u kidding?...have you seen some of the bs other members post?

Howard is getting better and better every year. By the time he is a Free Agent, the chances that we can afford him and Tony, Manu and Tim are VERY unlikely. Also, he would no longer be a protege. He is already reached perennial ALL STAR status.

Howard and Tim together would be amazing, it just can't happen $$ wise. From what I read, he will be signing a max extension this summer, unlike the one that Dwayne Wade signed. He doesn't care about the next Collective Bargaining Agreement. He wants his $$ and is happy that Brian Hill is gone.

pad300
06-20-2007, 02:41 PM
Howard is getting better and better every year. By the time he is a Free Agent, the chances that we can afford him and Tony, Manu and Tim are VERY unlikely. Also, he would no longer be a protege. He is already reached perennial ALL STAR status.

Howard and Tim together would be amazing, it just can't happen $$ wise. From what I read, he will be signing a max extension this summer, unlike the one that Dwayne Wade signed. He doesn't care about the next Collective Bargaining Agreement. He wants his $$ and is happy that Brian Hill is gone.

We can probably offer him a max FA contract in the 2008 offseason. However, the CBA allows Orlando to offer him a larger contract than other teams...
If he's just interested in money, he will sign with Orlando. If he wants championships, we have a shot...

exstatic
06-20-2007, 06:36 PM
Howard got embarrassed in the playoffs. Detroit just shut him down. Like, Amare, he's got no post game to speak of, relying on his athleticism. I was hoping to see some development in his game this year, but it didn't happen.

bdictjames
06-20-2007, 06:48 PM
If he wants a championship, he knows where he's gonna go. We might sign him when Timmy retires.

Money316
06-20-2007, 08:25 PM
Nice.
http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/5279/stsunsclownsentow6.jpg

Som body needsa slap these bitches real hard.

:fro