PDA

View Full Version : what would an NBA team have to do to acquire Picks #1 and #2?

Creation88
06-20-2007, 11:55 AM
i wonder if any NBA teams have considered trading away a plethora of picks to acquire both #1 and #2 in the draft to get Oden and Durant.

it just seems to simple in the video-games. :lol

Obstructed_View
06-20-2007, 03:50 PM
The Blazers are already young and loaded with talent. I doubt they have enough to pry the pick away from Seattle, and even if they did, it would have to be too good a deal to pass up, which is a pointless risk.

Leetonidas
06-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Cleveland could probably give LeBron to Seattle for the #2 pick, but no way in hell would anyone get Oden from Portland. The Suns wouldn't be able to get Oden for Nash, Barbosa, Amare, and Marion.

dg7md
06-20-2007, 06:20 PM
Cleveland could probably give LeBron to Seattle for the #2 pick, but no way in hell would anyone get Oden from Portland. The Suns wouldn't be able to get Oden for Nash, Barbosa, Amare, and Marion.

That'd be retarded. I'd take Nash, Barbosa, Amare, and Marion for Oden ANY DAY of the week.

Hell I'd take Amare and Barbosa alone for Oden, Oden hasn't proved a damn thing yet in the league.

Leetonidas
06-20-2007, 06:22 PM
That'd be retarded. I'd take Nash, Barbosa, Amare, and Marion for Oden ANY DAY of the week.

Hell I'd take Amare and Barbosa alone for Oden, Oden hasn't proved a damn thing yet in the league.
If he turns out to be the next great big man, that would be stupid. Would you trade Tim Duncan at 21 for Barbosa and Amare? I think not.

mardigan
06-20-2007, 06:23 PM
If he turns out to be the next great big man, that would be stupid. Would you trade Tim Duncan at 21 for Barbosa and Amare? I think not.
Yea but thats not what you said, you said Nash, Marion, Barbosa and Amare, and for that, you would probably have to do it

Leetonidas
06-20-2007, 06:32 PM
Yea but thats not what you said, you said Nash, Marion, Barbosa and Amare, and for that, you would probably have to do it
Well maybe I over exaggerated, but think about it. You have a player that could possibly turn into one of the greatest bigs ever. You're going to trade him for an amazing but aging point guard that plays zero defense, a small shooting guard who went his shot isn't falling is useless and can't make plays, a guy who isn't happy unless he's being mentioned and disappears on the big stage, and another guy with basketball IQ of a rock.

Let me ask you this; would you trade Oden for that package minus Nash? Probably not. Nash is getting older and his time to run up and down the floor is running out.

There is solid talent in Portland and all they are missing is a dominant big man. With Amare, Barbosa, Nash, and Marion, that talent gets buried behind the bench. If Greg Oden is the next Tim Duncan, there's no way you trade him. If you had a 21 year old Tim Duncan, would you make that deal? I think not.

And I know I didn't say just Amare and Barbosa, but dg7md pointed out that he would trade Oden for those two, which is completely asinine.

DOMINATOR
06-20-2007, 07:30 PM
Well maybe I over exaggerated, but think about it. You have a player that could possibly turn into one of the greatest bigs ever. You're going to trade him for an amazing but aging point guard that plays zero defense, a small shooting guard who went his shot isn't falling is useless and can't make plays, a guy who isn't happy unless he's being mentioned and disappears on the big stage, and another guy with basketball IQ of a rock.

so i guess Oden has great defense great playmaking great shooting and great attitude. damn all without playing a second in the NBA. you are buying way too much into the hype. you are basically saying he is Wilt Chamberlain combined with Bill Russell, haha yeah right.

exstatic
06-20-2007, 08:17 PM
I would trade the 4 Suns in a MINUTE, because they have PROVEN that they won't win, and Oden still might.

MrChug
06-20-2007, 08:31 PM
Well...I thought it was great that the Blazers were trying to re-unite Conley and Oden by trading Zach Randolph and another player (Jarett Jack???) so they'd have the #1 and #3 pick. So it can DEFINITELY happen, but it has to be a team with the right pieces willing to rebuild and ADMIT IT.