PDA

View Full Version : Hatton vs Castillio

SAtoDallas
06-20-2007, 02:56 PM
I don't know how many people here follow boxing but Ricky Hatton vs JL Castillo is this weekend on Showtime. It should be a barnburner if Hatton doesn't hit and grab.

degenerate_gambler
06-20-2007, 03:58 PM
actually it's on HBO.

as far as the fight, Castillo has been in the game a long time and has fought some big time fights. Attrition could be his downfall. Castillo's strong but he's shown ring wear and fatigue since his TKO loss to Corrales. The longer the fight goes the better for Hatton. Jose has a damn good hook and you can bet that he's watched Hatton/Uranga tape of the shot Hatton's chin took and it rocked his ass.

As for Hatton, he's really only been in two wars...Kosta Tsyzu and Collazo, and the Collazo win was controversial although I think he did enough to win. What works for him is the constant pressure he keeps on his opponent.

I see Hatton landing lots fromt he outside where he needs to stay. Castillo will take it to him if he can get inside. In the end, Jose's face, after taking shots all nite will open up and he'll fade in the later rounds.

Hatton TKO 11..

Rudyrudyrudyrudy
06-22-2007, 12:25 PM
Hatton is going to fucking own that cunt

SAtoDallas
06-22-2007, 02:40 PM
I like Hatton, but you have to remember he cuts easily and Castillo is heavy handed always a chance the thing could end due to cuts, I don't think either one of them is going to get KO'd. Castillo has never been down and Hatton is undefeated so it's obvious he's never been down. Either way it should be entertaining. You have good insite DG who do you favor with Margarito v Williams next month?

BeerIsGood!
06-23-2007, 12:45 AM
I'll take Castillo with a 12th round split.

Hatton will keep the pressure on, but he'll do it with forward movement and not a sharp jab so Castillo will take command of his advantage fighting inside to hit better flurries and outpoint Hatton in the end.

Did anyone watch the Manfredo fight on Wednesday night fights? Dude took some serious right hands from what amounts to a journeyman, and even though he won the fight his left eye was shut. He better train on keeping the head moving, guard up, and moving to his right or he'll be KO'd by a better fighter with power in the right.

Rudyrudyrudyrudy
06-25-2007, 05:01 AM
I'm afraid to say, I told you so...

degenerate_gambler
06-25-2007, 09:51 AM
Castillo is finished..

he was never in the fight.

TheTruth
06-25-2007, 11:03 AM
Castillo was a joke. He's been done for 2 years now. Hatton needs to step it up and fight a real fighter. When Castillo is your biggest fight yet, you need to man up.

degenerate_gambler
06-25-2007, 11:33 AM
Castillo was a joke. He's been done for 2 years now. Hatton needs to step it up and fight a real fighter. When Castillo is your biggest fight yet, you need to man up.

Hatton can't hang with welterweights which is where the best fighters are right now. He's not big enough.

I'd like to see him drop down to lightweight and take on Joel Casamayor.

SAtoDallas
06-25-2007, 11:34 AM
I wouldn't say Castillo is a joke, he can still give a lot of fighters fits but he is definately not at the top of his game. Hey and you've got to give Ricky some credit he did what he was supposed to do, I love the comment he make about Mayweather after the fight. Isn't the winner of the Jul 14 Margarito/Williams fight going up against Cotto?

TheTruth
06-25-2007, 11:35 AM
What did Hatton say about Mayweather?

TheTruth
06-25-2007, 11:42 AM
Castillo hasn't been worth a shit since that War with Corrales.

SAtoDallas
06-25-2007, 11:46 AM
What did Hatton say about Mayweather?
He said the four rounds he went with Castillio were more entertaining than Mayweathers entire career, it was hilarious. I think Max Kellerman asked him something about Mayweather.

SAtoDallas
06-25-2007, 11:49 AM
Hatton can't hang with welterweights which is where the best fighters are right now. He's not big enough.

I'd like to see him drop down to lightweight and take on Joel Casamayor.
Your right he is probably too small for the welters, talk about a dirty fight Hatton vs Casamayor do you want see that in the ring or an alley.

degenerate_gambler
06-25-2007, 11:59 AM
Isn't the winner of the Jul 14 Margarito/Williams fight going up against Cotto?

If Margarito beats Williams, yes he'll fight Cotto. But its not a given that if Williams wins July 14, then he'll get a shot at him.

By the way, that's going to be pretty good card that night. Cintron/Matthyse should be a good one. Gatti, if he's has anything left, will give it his all. However, he should wipe the ring with Gomez.