PDA

View Full Version : It just hit me...

SsKSpurs21
06-20-2007, 05:18 PM
The sweep, the river parade, the alamodome celebration came and went by so fast it that was all a big blurr.

I was sitting around and it just hit me...

We are 4 time NBA CHAMPIONS!

It is very rare for a franchise to win 4 championships. the Spurs are the 4th team in NBA HISTORY to have 4 or more championships. The other three, Chicago, LA, and boston, are big market cities.

How lucky are we to be so fortunate in winning 4 NBA Championships?
How lucky are we to get two #1 picks 10 years apart?
How lucky are we to have those #1 picks turn out to be top 10 players in their positions?

This is a great time to be a Spurs fan and for alot of us, this is a long time coming. Enjoy it Spurs Fans...this is our time! :clap

angel_luv
06-20-2007, 05:42 PM
I know what you mean about it all being a blur right now. That is why I am glad the Banner raising and ring ceremony is at the beginning of the upcoming season.

Aud21946
06-20-2007, 05:51 PM
It won't hit us until the Spurs have a bad season .. or even worse, Miss the playoffs.. I mean most fans on this site don't remember the bad years at the Hemisphere Arena .

coachmac87
06-20-2007, 05:56 PM
its ok...these championships just to me are exciting but its expected now....i remember the happiest i have ever been was when the spurs beat the lakers and made them cry...i mean this year was too easy..missed out on dallas and the cavs were just not prepared to face a monster...this year just set up all the excitement for next year when they attempt to repeat and that my friends will be the best year of them all...5 rings in 10 years!!! 4 out of last 6!!! if spurs do that..nobody can make an argument that they are not a dynasty...so lets gem next year...nobody but spurs fans think we can do it

BlackFlagg
06-20-2007, 06:13 PM
It won't hit us until the Spurs have a bad season .. or even worse, Miss the playoffs.. I mean most fans on this site don't remember the bad years at the Hemisphere Arena .

I do. :depressed

Clutch20
06-20-2007, 06:20 PM
I remember the bad years, '76 thru preRobinson years. Having the Admiral here raised expectations enough to make the losses more torturous.
'99 was so novel, almost like instant domination.

My son and I just had to go to the dome ceremony. We both felt the same way, not feeling like we just won #4. And we were ragged.

We both had gigs on game 4 night and since we were making music we felt elated but detached.

Therefore, we went to the dome ceremony low on energy, but could'nt help being swept up with the crowd dynamics and after the ceremony finally felt the special feeling of success and elation at having beat the rest of the world.

Especially since the year was so freakin' atypical, dammmmmmmm!

samikeyp
06-20-2007, 06:59 PM

I do.

Me too.

I remember the bad years, '76 thru preRobinson years.

Depends on what you consider bad. Of those years....only five were losing seasons. What was frustrating was the lack of playoff success.

AnkleBreaker21
06-20-2007, 07:02 PM
lakers crying was priceless:lol:lol:lol

Clutch20
06-20-2007, 07:06 PM
Me too.

Depends on what you consider bad. Of those years....only five were losing seasons. What was frustrating was the lack of playoff success.
Bad as in having to sit and watch the games with my dad (deceased now) and hearing him cuss out :lol players and coaches, but that was not really a biggie, it was my pop just venting.