PDA

View Full Version : Draft Prospect: Kevin Durant

Marcus Bryant
06-20-2007, 10:09 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/draft2007/kevin_durant.jpg

Full Name: Kevin Wayne Durant
Position: Forward
Height/Weight: 6-9 / 225
Birthdate: September 29, 1988 (Washington, D.C.)
High School: Oak Hill Academy HS (Mouth of Wilson, Va.), then Montrose Christian HS (Suitland, Md.)
College: Texas

nbadraft.net profile (http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/kevindurant.html)
nba.com profile (http://www.nba.com/draft2007/profiles/KevinDurant.html)
draftexpress.com profile (http://www.draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=390)

Mr. Body
06-20-2007, 10:11 PM
I hear the Spurs have given him a promise at the #28 pick in case he falls.

Darkwaters
06-20-2007, 10:13 PM
I hear the Spurs have given him a promise at the #28 pick in case he falls.

If he falls that far you might as well wait until 33. Theres no sense on passing on a guy like Aaron Gray just to nab a dude that can't bench 185 lbs. :spin

spurscenter
06-24-2007, 11:08 AM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/7a/fullj.getty-74693799tv012_kevin_durant_10_44_37_pm.jpg
This aint no Austin.

Kori Ellis
06-24-2007, 11:09 AM
How good to do you guys think he is going to be right away?

If he gets regular minutes, what kind of numbers do you expect from him in his first season?

coachmac87
06-24-2007, 11:18 AM

If he gets regular minutes, what kind of numbers do you expect from him in his first season?

i think he could average around 15-17 pts per...and maybe around 7-8 reb...

bigdog
06-24-2007, 11:19 AM
I really do expect him to get some pretty good numbers, maybe 18 pts, 7 boards. it all depends what position his team wants him to play most of the time. if he's gonna be in the post alot down low, then i think he will struggle, with his strength issues.

spurscenter
06-24-2007, 11:22 AM
i think he is gonna be a star like carmelo anthony.

Pure scorer. 25 ppg . He is gonna be real deal.

coachmac87
06-24-2007, 11:24 AM

melo never averaged 25 per his rookie season....and neither will durant

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-24-2007, 11:40 AM
17pts 8rebs 1.6blk

DudleyDawson
06-24-2007, 11:41 AM
18-20 per game in his first year. No doubt.

LaMarcus Bryant
06-24-2007, 11:51 AM

14 points 7 rebounds 2 blocks in roughly 35 minutes of play

quote me on that one, CORSO!!!!

AFBlue
06-24-2007, 11:52 AM
Depends which team he goes to...

If he goes to Seattle like we expect, they already have their primary perimeter guy who dominates the ball on offense....and if they keep Lewis that means less touches.

If by some crazy twist, he ends up in Portland I think the story is different. Their primary backcourt player is Brandon Roy, and he is just as apt to dish the ball as he is to take the scoring load on himself. The only guy taking legitimate touches away from KD would be Randolph in the post.

If he goes to Seattle...18pts 7rebs

If he goes to Portland....23pts 8rebs

spurscenter
06-24-2007, 12:01 PM
melo never averaged 25 per his rookie season....and neither will durant

did I ever fuckin say that melo scored that much?

LaMarcus Bryant
06-24-2007, 12:11 PM
I don't think he'll average more than 20.

Alot of his momentum comes from getting into the paint and getting easy ones, that will be kinda impossible for him to make in the NBA unless he gets the LeBroom treatment and gets referee respect right outta training camp. He'll get easily pushed aside without much true foul contact and it'll fuck up his whole game rhythm. He also has games where he only takes the long ball, and like manu, if he misses his first one or two, he's gonna have a mediocre game the rest of the way.

AFBlue
06-24-2007, 02:08 PM
I don't think he'll average more than 20.

Alot of his momentum comes from getting into the paint and getting easy ones, that will be kinda impossible for him to make in the NBA unless he gets the LeBroom treatment and gets referee respect right outta training camp. He'll get easily pushed aside without much true foul contact and it'll fuck up his whole game rhythm. He also has games where he only takes the long ball, and like manu, if he misses his first one or two, he's gonna have a mediocre game the rest of the way.

I disagree that Durant is a momentum shooter. I've seen him have mediocre (by his standards) first halves and then break the game open in the next half. Likewise, I've seen him start fast and then slow down.

Point being, he did a very good job at creating opportunities for himself to score and I don't think it'll be much different on the NBA level. He's got the shooting touch and size of Rashard Lewis, but he adds the ability to take his man off the dribble and slash into the lane....he's also a better rebounder.

KD is legit...

J.T.
06-24-2007, 03:46 PM
Kevin Durant has the potential to win the scoring title eventually, but he will be named ROY next season. That's what I see for Kevin. I think Greg Oden will eventually be the better player but he isn't going to step into the NBA and lead whichever franchise drafts him very far in his first season. Kevin is the kind of pure scorer type player people like to watch.

LaMarcus Bryant
06-24-2007, 05:08 PM
I disagree that Durant is a momentum shooter. I've seen him have mediocre (by his standards) first halves and then break the game open in the next half. Likewise, I've seen him start fast and then slow down.

Point being, he did a very good job at creating opportunities for himself to score and I don't think it'll be much different on the NBA level. He's got the shooting touch and size of Rashard Lewis, but he adds the ability to take his man off the dribble and slash into the lane....he's also a better rebounder.

KD is legit...

Are you kidding me? Did you watch the UT games? He created alot of stuff for himself, no doubt, but wasn't very creative in doing so, in fact he seemed constantly unwilling to post up anyone smaller guarding him, when the opportunities were everywhere. He'd show flashes of creativity which would show up on Sportscenter but most of his game was jump shooting when the going got rough. He rarely posted up in the midst of a tough game (coulda been Barne's fault though...) At least half of his time on the court he was confined to taking mid-to-long range jumpers, which of course he made alot of, but i was saying that he falls in love with this too much.

I didn't say he wasn't gonna kick ass but I cannot realistically see him averaging more than 20 points.

And I didn't mean he was a momentum shooter but he liked to use easy layups to get himself going when the 3 wasn't falling right off the bat. Those won't be easy in the NBA for him.

mardigan
06-24-2007, 06:15 PM
Kid is so smooth, and can attack from so many angles, I think he could def put up 21 and 7 or 8 boards a game. He will def be the rookie of the year

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-24-2007, 06:43 PM
He better learn something more than the spot up three, because guys in the pros will take that away. With his game he needs to learn to play in the post.

What'd be fun is if he ended up on the Warriors :lol

leemajors
06-24-2007, 07:35 PM
Are you kidding me? Did you watch the UT games? He created alot of stuff for himself, no doubt, but wasn't very creative in doing so, in fact he seemed constantly unwilling to post up anyone smaller guarding him, when the opportunities were everywhere. He'd show flashes of creativity which would show up on Sportscenter but most of his game was jump shooting when the going got rough. He rarely posted up in the midst of a tough game (coulda been Barne's fault though...) At least half of his time on the court he was confined to taking mid-to-long range jumpers, which of course he made alot of, but i was saying that he falls in love with this too much.

I didn't say he wasn't gonna kick ass but I cannot realistically see him averaging more than 20 points.

And I didn't mean he was a momentum shooter but he liked to use easy layups to get himself going when the 3 wasn't falling right off the bat. Those won't be easy in the NBA for him.
i think he will do well regardless, but like Phat Tony was saying, it would depend entirely on what kind of pg he was playing with and how good they were at getting him the ball in his spots.

coachmac87
06-24-2007, 07:42 PM

i guess i read it wrong...but be sure ur more clear faggot...

Slinkyman
06-24-2007, 09:19 PM

you just got my vote...

spurscenter
06-24-2007, 10:33 PM

faggot is shaqs new tv show

DudleyDawson
06-25-2007, 12:30 PM
dude is cold..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tgva3cAclhM

Slinkyman
06-25-2007, 12:43 PM

25ppg 9rbs 2blks