PDA

View Full Version : Angry crowd kills passenger in car that struck child

gospursgooo
06-21-2007, 12:53 AM
A very sad story:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/20/crash.assault.ap/index.html

The victim (David Morales) was a San Antonio Spurs fan.

The Morales family remembered David as a caring brother who loved the San Antonio Spurs and was thrilled when they won the NBA title last week.

Kori Ellis
06-21-2007, 01:00 AM
There's a thread in the Club about this.

Condolences to the family/friends.

Budkin
06-21-2007, 01:26 AM
This happened in Austin too... man, just fucking terrible. :depressed

50 cent
06-21-2007, 12:41 PM
It seems like shit like this always happens for Juneteenth.

Aud21946
06-21-2007, 01:06 PM
Just read the story and it's pretty sad .. I may have a side to the mob . since I am a dad but still .. Not good.

word
06-21-2007, 01:17 PM
Side with the mob ? This is why 'right to carry' is A numba' 1. Were it me you'd have read 'Man shoots 11 after being attacked by mob.'

Aud21946
06-21-2007, 01:18 PM
An old saying .. 6 of one .. Half dozen of the other ..

td4mvp3
06-21-2007, 01:27 PM
Side with the mob ? This is why 'right to carry' is A numba' 1. Were it me you'd have read 'Man shoots 11 after being attacked by mob.'
or "gun-toting passenger shot as angry crowd watched." having a gun would have done little in that situation except caused more than one casualty.

BeerIsGood!
06-21-2007, 01:46 PM
or "gun-toting passenger shot as angry crowd watched." having a gun would have done little in that situation except caused more than one casualty.

Depends on what kind of gun you carry. I tend to prefer the assault variety for my ride...

Mr. Body
06-21-2007, 01:46 PM

Idiot. Someone in the crowd would have shot him first. Then someone would have pulled on that guy. Carnage.

BeerIsGood!
06-21-2007, 01:47 PM
I'm kidding - those people are fucking idiots. Kill a man because a little kid probably wandered out into the street and got hurt, but not even seriously hurt. Damn parents need to keep their kids out of the street. They should have beaten the parents

player_twister
06-21-2007, 01:49 PM
Side with the mob ? This is why 'right to carry' is A numba' 1. Were it me you'd have read 'Man shoots 11 after being attacked by mob.

My S&W holds 17 rounds. LOL

FreeMad Dan
06-21-2007, 01:59 PM
What's sad is that wasn't all that happened. A mob started attacking another guys car in a diffrent location (still Austin though) then pulled him out and started laying the smack down on him too. The police were in the area with riot gear and were able to save him though but he got kicked in the face a few times.

What is wrong with people? :madrun

SAGambler
06-21-2007, 02:24 PM
I hope they find the mothers and send them straight to death row.

judaspriestess
06-21-2007, 02:26 PM
Just read the story and it's pretty sad .. I may have a side to the mob . since I am a dad but still .. Not good.

where were the fucking parents of a two year old walking alone outside at?

They should arrest these fucking breeders who don't know how to take care of their offspring.

FreeMad Dan
06-21-2007, 02:43 PM
There is another good article about this in the clubhouse. It says that the parking lot was actually packed with a bunch of people and cars that had flooded over from the Juneteenth festival thingy.

Other Juneteenth Article (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1804646&postcount=31)

td4mvp3
06-21-2007, 03:05 PM
and perpetuate the mentality that caused the tragedy. society has become rooted in the idea that violence will solve just about any issue (so long as the good guy is doing it), so that when people see a bad thing happen (kid gets hit) they feel justified in doing whatever it takes to make things right in their eyes.

The Go For 4
06-21-2007, 03:16 PM
Damn thugs

michaelwcho
06-21-2007, 03:18 PM
Violence is part of our legacy as Americans. We took this continent by force, and now are in the process of taking others. A child can watch people be murdered and blown to bits on TV, but can't see a woman's breast. As long as we have these sort of priorities, we'll have stuff like this happen.

It's a damn shame...

rr2418
06-21-2007, 04:01 PM

How can you think about siding with the mob even being a parent? You must not take care of your kids! Besides, the driver had gotten out of the car to tend to the kid. Parents who let their kids wonder off shouldn't have any in the first place! :madrun

td4mvp3
06-21-2007, 04:06 PM
How can you think about siding with the mob even being a parent? You must not take care of your kids! Besides, the driver had gotten out of the car to tend to the kid. Parents who let their kids wonder off shouldn't have any in the first place! :madrun
kids wander, it's what they do. the sole wrongdoing of this situation lies soles with the folks who killed the guy.

word
06-22-2007, 07:06 PM
Idiot. Someone in the crowd would have shot him first. Then someone would have pulled on that guy. Carnage.

Better than dying without putting up a fight my friend. Besides, usually after a shot is fired 'mobs' tend to disperse rather quickly.

td4mvp3
06-22-2007, 07:25 PM
Better than dying without putting up a fight my friend. Besides, usually after a shot is fired 'mobs' tend to disperse rather quickly.
nope, dying putting up a fight and not putting up a fight tends to suck either way for the deceased. and plenty of shots into mobs have led to further shots or, hell, retaliatory shots later in the day.

Money316
06-22-2007, 09:06 PM
Nay these fuckers will claim their products of their environment, economically disadvantaged, and politically disenfranchised and end up with light sentences or none at all.

Where was the mother and father - obviously not looking after the two year old. Probably splitting a blunt and downing a caguama.

bigfan
06-22-2007, 10:41 PM
Where are the "community leaders" who are the first to complain about being "disrespected" in a restaraunt or whatever now? Why is this not being condemned just as loudly?

Roxsfan
06-23-2007, 01:08 AM
Where are the "community leaders" who are the first to complain about being "disrespected" in a restaraunt or whatever now? Why is this not being condemned just as loudly?

re-election :rolleyes

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-23-2007, 01:17 AM
An old saying .. 6 of one.. half dozen of the other

Bullshit.

When mobs take things into their own hands you end up with a senseless death like this. MORALES WASN'T THE DRIVER! He got out to help the driver, WHO HAD STOPPED TO CHECK ON THE KID, and was beaten to death for it.

A person can be smart, but a group of people is just a step away from becoming a violent and irrational animal. That's why we have a little thing with rules of behaviour called "civilisation". :rolleyes

The kid had non-life-threatening injuries, the driver did the right thing by stopping, and still the idiot mob decided to beat him, and his passenger to death. That is not "6 of one.. half dozen of the other". :devil

Mobs suck and I hope the people responsible go down for long, hard time.

austinfan
06-23-2007, 09:28 AM
This happened in Austin too... man, just fucking terrible. :depressed

Exactly what I feel. :wtf

manubili
06-23-2007, 11:01 AM
That's sad. The poor child will have to grow up with that load on his shoulders.

BlackFlagg
06-23-2007, 05:41 PM

What if the mothers were at work and the dads were "watching" the kids? Happens.