PDA

View Full Version : How well do you think the Spurs will do next season?

Wonder Pigeon
06-21-2007, 08:56 AM
How well do you think we'll do next time out?

BigBeezie
06-21-2007, 09:52 AM
Repeat in 2008. Book it.

Mavs miss the playoffs. Book it

Sweetey
06-21-2007, 10:01 AM
Repeat in 2008. Book it.

Mavs miss the playoffs. Book it

Booked. Seriously !

SpurOutofTownFan
06-21-2007, 10:19 AM
Ginobili wins the finals MVP. Book it.

SenorSpur
06-21-2007, 10:26 AM
Nothing less than a repeat for the Horry Swan Song.

mathbzh
06-21-2007, 10:37 AM
For this team well means "repeat".
It will no be easy, but I believe they will do well.

smeagol
06-21-2007, 10:38 AM
How sweet would a repeat be?

I will go with . . . Champs!

boutons_
06-21-2007, 10:52 AM
Repeating will shut up a lot of assholes who refuse to give Spurs credit.

Not repeating will fuel those assholes hate.

Pop "doesn't give a shit", but he must know repeating is one of the goals unachieved by the Spurs. Repeating's very hard, so it's a worthy goal.

A 60W+ season, and a repeat.

TDMVPDPOY
06-21-2007, 11:07 AM
anything under 55wins is underachieving

spurs players not winnin any awards is underrated

repeat

coopdogg3
06-21-2007, 11:11 AM
Spurs and Larry O'Brien get to know each other a little better, again.

AlamoSpursFan
06-21-2007, 11:34 AM
Repeat.

One stupid Manu Ginobili foul away from a 4-peat.

Because I think we all know the Spurs would have downed Miami like a beer bong at a frat party in the '06 Finals.

rascal
06-21-2007, 11:37 AM
Spurs need to get a better bench and maybe moving Manu and or Bowen now is the best for the team for the future. Keep Parker and Duncan as the core and target some young talent. The team is getting old and if it stays the same with little in added youth they will not repeat.

duncan228
06-21-2007, 11:39 AM
If Duncan comes into training camp in the shape he did this year we repeat.
If he doesn't I don't think we do.
He really carried us strong this season, his health meant a lot.
We barely pulled it out in '05 with him hurt.

Mr. Body
06-21-2007, 11:41 AM
Get back to me at the end of the offseason. Right now? Chances are good. After a solid offseason? Much better. But it needs to be better than last offseason.

rascal
06-21-2007, 11:41 AM
Repeat.

Because I think we all know the Spurs would have downed Miami like a beer bong at a frat party in the '06 Finals.
I don''t agree with this. Wade and Shaq were a force in last years playoffs.
Way better than Cleveland was this year. The spurs could not even get past Dallas last year. Parker was not playing as well last year as he was in this years finals and Cleveland was a weak opponent.

coopdogg3
06-21-2007, 11:43 AM
I don''t agree with this. Wade and Shaq were a force in last years playoffs.
Way better then Cleveland was this year. The spurs could not even get past Dallas last year. Parker was not playing as well last year as he was in this years finals and Cleveland was a weak opponent.

Wow, really? I think the Spurs cream the Heat. The Mavs probably would have swept them if they don't choke. And the Spurs would not have choked. We matched up really with the Heat IMO. Heck, that was the only reason we had Rash.

Texas_Ranger
06-21-2007, 11:45 AM
Back to back.

TD finals MVP.

bigFUNDAMENTAL
06-21-2007, 11:48 AM
healthy Big 3 = Larry O'Brien trophy...

SAGambler
06-21-2007, 11:55 AM
Spurs need to get a better bench and maybe moving Manu and or Bowen now is the best for the team for the future. Keep Parker and Duncan as the core and target some young talent. The team is getting old and if it stays the same with little in added youth they will not repeat.

Yeah, moving our prime defender and the guy that brings it off the bench is a good start to a repeat. Probably could start a couple of draft picks in their place. Hell, why don't we just get rid of Duncan while we are at it?

Vito Corleone
06-21-2007, 12:00 PM
Today I say repeat but it is way too early to tell, it is a much easier question to answer after free agency.

Avitus1
06-21-2007, 12:38 PM
Finally put a back to back win together.

lefty
06-21-2007, 12:39 PM
Spurs repeat.

Beno : Finals MVP

td4mvp21
06-21-2007, 12:42 PM
We probably won't make it to the Finals. I don't see how this team will be any different from teams of past.

slacker77
06-21-2007, 12:48 PM
back 2 back champs

tmtcsc
06-21-2007, 01:01 PM
Repeat.

Can we PLEASE stop blaming Manu for that loss ? He was the main reason we even had a chance at winning that game. The game went into OT and we lost. Maybe we were about 3 defensive stops and a couple of makes from a 4 peat. Geeesh...

If it weren't for Manu, we'd have 3 less Rings.

LavaLamp
06-21-2007, 01:18 PM
A 60W+ season, and a repeat.

Forget about a 60W+ season, just go for the repeat even if it is hard... a worthy goal for the Spurs organization.

Warlord23
06-21-2007, 01:22 PM
Depends on whether Tim has mastered Robert Horry's technique of coasting through the regular season and turning it up in the playoffs. If we see a healthy and hungry Duncan at the start of the playoffs, we have a good chance to repeat.

ancestron
06-21-2007, 02:04 PM
Spurs will win 64 games and make it to the Conference Finals against Dallas. Horry will hit a 3 pointer to put the Spurs up 107-106 with .6 seconds remaining.
Jason Terry will hit a 3 pointer off the inbound at the buzzer to eliminate the Spurs at home once again. The Mavs go on to be defeated in the Finals by LeBron James and a newly inspired Cavaliers team.

That would follow the trend pretty well huh?
But deep down, of course, I'm hoping like hell for a repeat.

makedamnsure
06-21-2007, 02:20 PM
5!!!!!!!!

dbreiden83080
06-21-2007, 02:30 PM
If Duncan comes into training camp in the shape he did this year we repeat.
If he doesn't I don't think we do.
He really carried us strong this season, his health meant a lot.
We barely pulled it out in '05 with him hurt.

Duncan is always in shape he just had some nagging inuries 2 years in a row. He will be ready to go for camp, i am not worried about that.

Supreme_Being
06-22-2007, 01:19 AM
I want to see five rings.

One on each fucking finger.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-22-2007, 01:53 AM
It's all about injuries. If we are fortunate with injuries again, I say we go back to back and I WILL BE THERE TO WATCH IT IF WE DO! Book that, mofos! :fro :lol

We have the most experienced and composed group in the NBA. Add a couple of young, athletic types, and we still have a shot for the next 2-3 seasons... but it all depends on injuries.

THE SIXTH MAN
06-22-2007, 02:14 AM
Repeat!

Wonder Pigeon
06-22-2007, 05:58 AM
I have to say I agree.

SAGambler
06-22-2007, 08:11 AM
Forget about a 60W+ season, just go for the repeat even if it is hard... a worthy goal for the Spurs organization.

Damn..Do people really make earth shattering statements like this?

Clutch20
06-22-2007, 08:56 AM
How well do you think we'll do next time out?
We will Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde our way through the regular season! :lol

Well, since the East roars that we are not a dynasty, then we do what dynasties do, quelch the fires, loot the treasury, and take off with the loveliest maidens (trophies, trophies, trophies)

Seriously, hundreds of NBA players will be soon be sick, if they're not already, of going to bed every night with images of Spurs replays running through their heads because of all the game footage of our team that they will have analyzed.

Which leaves Pop and staff with tantilizing motivation for tweaking (def.) and off. sets.

Other teams probably will focus on what we've done this year and in the past , to formulate answers to how our personnel play and how our staff structures the team.

Maybe these questions then:

How much leeway for creativity?

Which Spur MVP will be at the wheel?

Our perimeter lineup will consist of who?

Which off season acquisitions show that they belong?

Who graduates from the school of bench to get more minutes?

Is the pacing of the veteran's regular season contributions still an important factor and how much does it affect their game to not play consistent minutes?

And maybe most importantly, if Beno is traded could Parker absorb the resulting numbers of admirers that would then swell his camp?:clap

Tim "Duncan" Howard
06-22-2007, 10:59 AM
We'll win the fucking Super Bowl.

tlongII
06-22-2007, 11:24 AM
The Spurs will lose in the Western Conference Finals to the Portland Trail Blazers.

Strike
06-22-2007, 11:25 AM
The Spurs will lose in the Western Conference Finals to the Portland Trail Blazers.
:lmao

ObiwanGinobili
06-22-2007, 02:28 PM
If we win the WCF we WILL repeat. Thats my solid prediction.

seperately, I belive we will make it to the WCF.

there's a leap between the 2 that I am not willing to make untill closer to the season opener.

peskypesky
06-22-2007, 02:51 PM
Repeat.

The East is a joke, as the Spurs proved this year. No threat there. So KG goes to Boston, or Kobe goes to Chicago or NY? Who cares. Still not contenders by a long shot.

So that leaves the West. The Mavs are just psychologically broken. The Suns just are not tough enough and rely too much on offense. The Jazz? Sorry. Nuggets? I don't think so. Rockets? Ummm....not. Anyone else?

I see a repeat. :toast

Nikos
06-29-2007, 07:45 AM

What makes you think Manu has any value to other teams, especially ones that aren't near title contention? Is he going to play 38mpg and be a 22ppg scorer? No? So who are you going to trade him for to get equal value? Also consider the fact that Manu is 30 and is likely declining. So why would another team trade a borderline all star or solid young talent for him?

Spurs might as well keep him.

peskypesky
06-29-2007, 08:03 AM
If there are no major injuries, I think the Spurs repeat. I don't see them losing to anyone in a 7-game series. Not even the Mavs or Suns, their only true challengers.

smeagol
06-29-2007, 08:08 AM
Dude, for those of us who have read your posts for a while, you have lost all credibility. You have been saying the same old "Spurs need to trade Manu for younger talent" line since 2004. In the meantime, the Spurs have won two championships. Arguably, Manu was a big reason they won those championships and we will never know if the Spurs would've gotten it done without him (I'm almost certain the 2005 ring does not happen without Manu).

Actually, two years ago you also wanted to trade Parker. It is pretty obvious you fucked up there too.

By the way, you were not posting much during the finals. Were you mourning the victory?

ArgSpursFan
06-29-2007, 08:30 AM
target some young talent. The team is getting old and if it stays the same with little in added youth they will not repeat.

Did Pop quit his job? :lol