PDA

View Full Version : Expanded Timberwolves trade rumor

ducks
06-21-2007, 09:05 AM
DON'T PRINT THAT

Expanded Timberwolves trade rumor: Kevin Garnett to the Phoenix Suns as part of a three-way deal with the Boston Celtics that would bring the Wolves 6-9 Kurt Thomas from Phoenix and 6-10 Theo Ratliff from Boston, both of whom have contracts that expire after next season. The Suns would send forward Shawn Marion to the Celtics, who would send guard Sebastian Telfair to the Wolves.

The Wolves would get the Celtics' No. 5 overall pick and the Suns' No. 24 overall pick in next week's NBA draft, and keep their No. 7 overall pick. In addition, the second-round conditional pick they owe Boston in the Ricky Davis-Wally Szczerbiak deal would be eliminated.
http://www.twincities.com/walters

AFBlue
06-21-2007, 09:08 AM
DON'T PRINT THAT

Expanded Timberwolves trade rumor: Kevin Garnett to the Phoenix Suns as part of a three-way deal with the Boston Celtics that would bring the Wolves 6-9 Kurt Thomas from Phoenix and 6-10 Theo Ratliff from Boston, both of whom have contracts that expire after next season. The Suns would send forward Shawn Marion to the Celtics, who would send guard Sebastian Telfair to the Wolves.

The Wolves would get the Celtics' No. 5 overall pick and the Suns' No. 24 overall pick in next week's NBA draft, and keep their No. 7 overall pick. In addition, the second-round conditional pick they owe Boston in the Ricky Davis-Wally Szczerbiak deal would be eliminated.
http://www.twincities.com/walters

Not sure this is a better deal for the T-Wolves than the one they get back Jefferson. Both Gerald Green and Al Jefferson are taken away from the original deal....and all they get back extra is the #24 pick. That's a horrible deal for the Wolves.

Findog
06-21-2007, 09:22 AM
Not sure this is a better deal for the T-Wolves than the one they get back Jefferson. Both Gerald Green and Al Jefferson are taken away from the original deal....and all they get back extra is the #24 pick. That's a horrible deal for the Wolves.

Plus they take on Shawn Marion's monster contract. I hope you're right...for both our sake's I don't want KG joining Nash and Amare in the desert.

ducks
06-21-2007, 09:35 AM
I do this trade if I am the suns expect I keep marion and trade amare
amare is stupid
does not like nash is getting the credit instead of him
is causing chemistry problems

Spurminator
06-21-2007, 09:40 AM
I don't like this trade for Minnesota. I don't think cap room does them a bit of good, since people still have to want to play for you. With most other teams I'd say go for it.

AFBlue
06-21-2007, 10:18 AM
Plus they take on Shawn Marion's monster contract. I hope you're right...for both our sake's I don't want KG joining Nash and Amare in the desert.

They don't even get Shawn Marion...he goes to Boston.

To Recap:

KG to Suns

Marion to Boston

Two first round picks (#5 & #24) and Sebastian Telfair to Minny...ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

There are some other contracts that trade hands to make it happen, but this is rediculously bad for Minnesota....take the first deal!

DarkReign
06-21-2007, 10:21 AM
Ill believe it when it goes down.

Findog
06-21-2007, 10:26 AM
They don't even get Shawn Marion...he goes to Boston.

To Recap:

KG to Suns

Marion to Boston

Two first round picks (#5 & #24) and Sebastian Telfair to Minny...ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

There are some other contracts that trade hands to make it happen, but this is rediculously bad for Minnesota....take the first deal!

Well, it's McHale, so don't "overestimate" him...I'm inclined to believe this is bullshit, since Jefferson > #24 and Telfair. Low-post back to the basket guys are rare. And Jefferson is still really young.

jbspurs
06-21-2007, 10:26 AM
I do this trade if I am the suns expect I keep marion and trade amare
amare is stupid
does not like nash is getting the credit instead of him
is causing chemistry problems

huh? :bang :bang

ducks
06-21-2007, 10:39 AM
dude it is a known fact amare does not like the fact nash gets all the credit
shawn marion would like more but he is not causing problems
amare did not even show up for media day
their coach admited that saturday their was chemsistry problems greater then they realized

Supergirl
06-21-2007, 11:04 AM
If I'm the C's, I try and do this deal as fast as possible.

Marion and Pierce together would rock, and all they have to give up is their pick (they don't need another young kid) and a headcase who they never played.

BeerIsGood!
06-21-2007, 11:22 AM
Wouldn't that put the Suns WAY over the cap and luxury tax threshold? I thought they didn't have any cap space left as is, and KG's contract is for far more money than Marions.

Streakyshooter08
06-21-2007, 11:35 AM
To Recap:

KG to Suns

Marion to Boston

Well the 1st post also mentions Ratliff and Thomas. So it would look like this:

Minny: Ratliff, Telfair, Thomas, 2 First rounders
Boston: Marion
Phx: Garnett

I still would not do it if I am Minnesota but who knows...

ploto
06-21-2007, 11:41 AM
Wouldn't that put the Suns WAY over the cap and luxury tax threshold? I thought they didn't have any cap space left as is, and KG's contract is for far more money than Marions.
Kurt Thomas is included, too.