PDA

View Full Version : First Half MVP

Marklar MM
06-21-2007, 12:31 PM
Who do you all think is the MVP of the first half of the 2007 MLB Season?

Thunder Dan
06-21-2007, 12:40 PM
I would have to say one of the following in the AL
-Maglio Ordonez
-C.C. Sabathia
-Josh Beckett (but he has been hurt)
- A-Rod (but his team is struggling which hampers MVP votes)
- Justin Morneu

I think Maglio and Justin are the 2 front runners, with C.C. in 3rd. I would consider him as a pitcher becuase he is 10-2 with (I'm almost positive) 4 outings in which he has gone atleast 8 innings.

As for the National League...I have no clue. But Peavy from the Padres is having an incredible year, but pitchers usually don't get a ton of votes.

MajorMike
06-21-2007, 12:40 PM
Maggs, without a doubt. I'm sure that's where you were going, anyhow. He would get a run from ARod, just because of his homers and NY media, but I think people may be getting bored of him.

In the NL, Reyes or Hardy.

dallasmavsnfuego214
06-21-2007, 01:25 PM
in the AL, has to be A-Rod.

in the NL, id vote for Prince

Marklar MM
06-21-2007, 01:44 PM
Player TEAM POS G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI TB BB SO SB CS OBP SLG AVG
1. A Rodriguez NYY 3B 69 256 66 80 15 0 27 73 176 39 57 8 2 .416 .688 .313
2. M Ordonez DET OF 69 261 62 100 34 0 13 67 173 39 29 1 0 .459 .663 .383

TheSanityAnnex
06-21-2007, 02:51 PM
As for the National League...I have no clue. But Peavy from the Padres is having an incredible year, but pitchers usually don't get a ton of votes.If Peavy keeps up this pace his projected stats are unheard of.

Thunder Dan
06-21-2007, 03:55 PM
Mags will get it over ARod for the simple fact that the Tigers will probably be in the playoffs, the same can't be said for the Yanks

Tippecanoe
06-21-2007, 04:36 PM
AL: mags or arod
NL: field, holiday, or peavy

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-21-2007, 05:02 PM
AL

ARod, Maggs or Haren

NL

Peavy or Holliday

BeerIsGood!
06-21-2007, 11:59 PM
I'm one who don't like giving pitcher, especially starting pitchers, MVP votes because they only work every 5th day and they have the Cy Young as their MVP. MVP should be for position players who lace em up every day and don't spend 4 out of 5 days sitting on the bench spittin' seeds at each other, or in the case of Schilling spend 80 hours on World of Warcraft between starts.

JMarkJohns
06-22-2007, 01:41 AM
I think Orlando Hudson should get some consideration for MVP. At least for the first-half. His team, the Diamondbacks, lead the NL in wins. He's the best defensive second baseman in the game, he carried them in April as they busted out of the gates, then when he struggled in late May, the Diamondbacks struggled. When he found his stroke again, the D-Backs found their stride.

On the year he's hit...

Season Team G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB K SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS
2007 ARI 72 264 36 80 16 4 7 40 39 46 3 2 .303 .387 .473 .861

He's had several game-tying, game-winning hits as well. His defense, though, is what puts him over the top.

I'm not saying he should be the first-half MVP, just that he should be among those in the NL to be mentioned.

dallasmavsnfuego214
06-22-2007, 08:46 AM
I think Orlando Hudson should get some consideration for MVP. At least for the first-half. His team, the Diamondbacks, lead the NL in wins. He's the best defensive second baseman in the game, he carried them in April as they busted out of the gates, then when he struggled in late May, the Diamondbacks struggled. When he found his stroke again, the D-Backs found their stride.

On the year he's hit...

He's had several game-tying, game-winning hits as well. His defense, though, is what puts him over the top.

I'm not saying he should be the first-half MVP, just that he should be among those in the NL to be mentioned.
:lol

Vizzini
06-22-2007, 11:45 AM
I would go with Maggs in the AL (I am a little biased, and having Gary Sheffield in front of him has helped) and in the NL, I would go with Matt Holliday, with Fielder and Hardy just behind him. (don't flame me to bad, I really don't know all that much about the NL.

JMarkJohns
06-22-2007, 11:57 AM
:lol

Says a fan of a last place team, meanwhile, my team, led by Hudson, is tied for first place. His batting numbers don't blow you away, but he's one of the better hitting second basemen, is the best defensive second baseman and is the leader on a first-place team.

So, I know you got used to great stats and last place as deserving of MVP with A-Rod, but in the real world, value is measured by what you bring to the team. This team has three sinkerball pitchers in the starting rotation, so his defense up the middle in invalueable. His hitting has been timely, if not clutch, and he's always in the middle of a player that seemingly gets them out of trouble or scores them a run.

He's the Diamondbacks MVP thus far, and since they lead the NL in wins, are in first place and such, I thought his name should be bantered about.

DarkReign
06-22-2007, 12:49 PM
AL = Mags

NL = Reyes

Position players only, IMO

degenerate_gambler
06-22-2007, 01:10 PM
If Peavy keeps up this pace his projected stats are unheard of.

that kid has some sick, sick stuff.

TheSanityAnnex
06-22-2007, 08:54 PM
He's the Diamondbacks MVP thus far, and since they lead the NL in wins, are in first place and such, I thought his name should be bantered about.Tied for first with the Padres, but we have a better win percentage!http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/cheeky.gif

Don't know if it will be the same after this redsox series. I wish I could get down to SD for the game, as there will be tons of arrogant/ignorant bosox fans.

I went to a diamondback/bosox game this year out here in AZ and the place was packed with those assholes.

TheSanityAnnex
06-22-2007, 08:54 PM
that kid has some sick, sick stuff.Indeed, his strikeout to walk ratio is sickening.

JMarkJohns
06-23-2007, 12:27 AM
I love the Pads, as they held spring training in Yuma in my youth. I'd love to see Peavy get the Cy Young, if not MVP, and if the D-backs are winning the division, I'm happy it's the fathers...

And yes, Spicoli... them Red Sox fans were filling the stadium, and being complete bitches the entire weekend. I went to two of the three, Sat and Sun, and both was surrounded by loudmouth, drunken know-it-alls who couldn't stay quiet/sober/decent if their lives depended on it.

BeerIsGood!
06-23-2007, 12:48 AM
loudmouth, drunken know-it-alls who couldn't stay quiet/sober/decent if their lives depended on it.

You've just described 92% of the New England population.

gaKNOW!blee
06-23-2007, 01:27 AM
do not forget about Ryan Howard, this guys is gonna get hot at some point now that he is healthy. Watch out after the all-star break, watch out.

Thunder Dan
06-23-2007, 08:46 AM
do not forget about Ryan Howard, this guys is gonna get hot at some point now that he is healthy. Watch out after the all-star break, watch out.

I know, but this is for RIGHT NOW. Right now Howard has been somewhere inbetween underachieving and decent.

resistanze
06-23-2007, 10:15 AM

On the year he's hit...

Do you know how pissed I was when the Jays gave up O-Dog for Glaus? I like Glaus' power but I just wished they would've given up someone else.

bigdog
06-23-2007, 12:14 PM
I love the Pads, as they held spring training in Yuma in my youth. I'd love to see Peavy get the Cy Young, if not MVP, and if the D-backs are winning the division, I'm happy it's the fathers...

And yes, Spicoli... them Red Sox fans were filling the stadium, and being complete bitches the entire weekend. I went to two of the three, Sat and Sun, and both was surrounded by loudmouth, drunken know-it-alls who couldn't stay quiet/sober/decent if their lives depended on it.

I agree with you. I think Peavy can very well get the CY Young, and maybe NL MVP.

As for the AL, I think right now it owuld have to be Ordonez, guys is having a great season.

But Peavy, like others said, is pitching crazy right now. his numbers are off the charts

T Park
06-24-2007, 04:14 AM
Ordonez in the AL thats afriggen given.

NL?

Eh, I dunno... Adrian Gonzalez should get some run for his carrying of the Padres.

Prince Fielder is playing better than Daddy used to and at the equal weight.

Jose Reyes is doin alright.

Eh give it to Prince.

hes got the numbers and his team's in first place.