PDA

View Full Version : Need a restaurant recommendation...

ej3ffrey
06-21-2007, 04:03 PM
It's me and my girlfriends 3 year anniversay and I wanna take her out to eat someplace, but I'm not too familiar with the nice restaurants here in San Antonio. Has to be Asian or Italian food. Price doesn't matter. Any suggestions? :)

BigBeezie
06-21-2007, 04:23 PM
Take her to Focaccia or Luigi's.

http://www.lafocaccia-italian-grill.com/

http://sanantonio.citysearch.com/profile/10104751/san_antonio_tx/luigi_s_restaurant.html

AlamoSpursFan
06-21-2007, 04:29 PM
Paesano's rocks.

Try the Shrimp Paesano.

You're welcome.

Jekka
06-21-2007, 05:16 PM
I'll second the Shrimp Paesano - there's a good reason my dad has been ordering the same thing there for the last 20 years. Last time I checked, though, they don't serve it at the Riverwalk location, only the Lincoln Heights/Quarry one.

T Park
06-21-2007, 05:18 PM
Bohannans downtown (sp)

You'll thank me later...

ej3ffrey
06-21-2007, 06:22 PM
Bohannans downtown (sp)

You'll thank me later...

i couldn't find that place online... you got a link to it?

also, we go to paesano's for non special occasions so maybe not there.

i know it's not asian or italian, but has anyone been to the vineyards?

Flea
06-21-2007, 09:31 PM
I hear The Melting Pot on Blanco is very romantic.

katyon6th
06-21-2007, 09:36 PM
The Melting Pot is a great suggestion, Flea.

I'd like to suggest Dolores Del Rio. It's this very eccentric, yet romantic, hole-in-the-wall at the far end of the Riverwalk across from Palacio del Rio. It's seriously an amazing place. You go up these really old steps to get to the restaurant where it's completely lit by candlelight. There's only about 10-15 tables and they have live jazz and a belly dancer (not at the same time!) every night. And the food (italian) is delicious. If you go, make sure you get their spinach salad and bread to start - it's the best! They also have a nice wine selection and very good coffee.

Flea
06-21-2007, 09:39 PM
The Melting Pot is a great suggestion, Flea.

I'd like to suggest Dolores Del Rio. It's this very eccentric, yet romantic, hole-in-the-wall at the far end of the Riverwalk across for Palacio del Rio. It's seriously an amazing place. You go up these really old steps to get to the restaurant where it's completely lit by candlelight. There's only about 10-15 tables and they have live jazz and a belly dancer (not at the same time!) every night. And the food (italian) is delicious. If you go, make sure you get their spinach salad and bread to start - it's the best! They also have a nice wine selection and very good coffee.

That is a great place! Hubby and I went years ago and had lots of fun, they keep pouring the table wine and you glass is always full. I had signed up for belly dancing lessons before the night was over.
Couldn't remember though until the girl called me to schedule. :lol

katyon6th
06-21-2007, 09:44 PM
That is a great place! Hubby and I went years ago and had lots of fun, they keep pouring the table wine and you glass is always full. I had signed up for belly dancing lessons before the night was over.
Couldn't remember though until the girl called me to schedule. :lol

Must've been all that wine they kept pouring you!

Did you ever schedule with her?

Flea
06-21-2007, 09:45 PM
Must've been all that wine they kept pouring you!

Did you ever schedule with her?

No, unfortunately I didn't. Wish I had though!!

ploto
06-21-2007, 10:37 PM
For Italian-- Grissini

2Blonde
06-21-2007, 11:41 PM
This is what made the city guide for the top nine most romantic restaurants:

#1 Grey Moss Inn
Elegant dining in country-inn setting

#2 Aldo's Ristorante Italiano
Italian cuisine with a dash of romance

#3 The Melting Pot
Take a dip into upscale fondue fun.

#4 Le Reve
Upscale French dining on the River Walk

#5 Crumpets Restaurant
Romantic patio dining

#6 Fig Tree Restaurant
Comfortably elegant dining in historic La Villita.

#7 La Scala
Fine European-style dining.

#8 Bistro Vatel
A true French bistro

#9 Las Canarias
Culinary enlightenment in swanky hotel

sandrajones
06-02-2008, 05:23 AM
Choosing a hotel among all of the various facility providers is always a tough job you can find & compare best one from www.sletoh.com (http://www.sletoh.com/sitemap.html) It’s really a very good online resource. It will help you to compare hotel prices and rates in an instant. You can find hotels according to your budget and requirements. Hope this will work out for you.
Happy journey in advance!

TDMVPDPOY
06-02-2008, 06:45 AM
come to my joint, i serve you a dog

johnsmith
06-02-2008, 06:49 AM
Paesano's rocks.

Try the Shrimp Paesano.

You're welcome.

I'll never understand SA's fascination with the Shrimp Paesano. IT'S SHRIMP AND PASTA PEOPLE!!! You can make the shit at home for a tenth of the price that they charge you at the restaurant, and it's easy to make as well. As in, easy enough that everyone can do it.

Melting Pot is some good shit though.

Nbadan
06-02-2008, 08:32 AM
If price is no big deal then you can't go wrong with Silo in AH...
If price is a big deal then you can't go wrong with Lorenzo's on Wurzbach
Melting pot is OK if you like to dip your food...and a 10 course meal....:blah

Michael Scott
06-02-2008, 10:00 AM
http://www.yucatantoday.com/images/culture/Chilis-Logo.gif

Can't go wrong here

mrsmaalox
06-02-2008, 10:30 AM
My recommendation is NOT to go to Bistro Vatel!!!

midgetonadonkey
06-02-2008, 11:07 AM
Blanco Cafe

Cheese Enchillada Plate.

Nothing more needs to be said.

Jimcs50
06-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Make it really special. Fly her to Vegas, stay at Ceasar's and go eat at Rao's, which is the best Itallian restaurant that I have ever been to. Romantic, and they make you feel like you are special and your dining experience lasts about 3 hrs, because each course takes time and they do not rush you at all. Very expensive, but you will get laid afterwards for sure. :)

Sunshine
06-02-2008, 11:30 AM
I'll never understand SA's fascination with the Shrimp Paesano. IT'S SHRIMP AND PASTA PEOPLE!!!

Thank you! Highly overpriced and the two times I had it, didn't like it.

mrsmaalox
06-02-2008, 11:34 AM
Make it really special. Fly her to Vegas, stay at Ceasar's and go eat at Rao's, which is the best Itallian restaurant that I have ever been to. Romantic, and they make you feel like you are special and your dining experience lasts about 3 hrs, because each course takes time and they do not rush you at all. Very expensive, but you will get laid afterwards for sure. :)

You do all that just to get laid?!

Blake
06-02-2008, 11:35 AM
it's getting harder and harder to find a place that's not a chain restaurant....

but I think PF changs is a decent place if you gotta do the Chinese route....and if you wanna save a few bucks, there's a place on Wurzbach about 2 miles west of I-10 called Golden Palace which is basically the same thing but a few bucks cheaper.

I know people like the authentic stuff, but I'm good to go with Zio's.

Thunder Dan
06-02-2008, 11:37 AM
don't take her anywhere too nice because she will come to expect it every year. This is what you do: take her to TGI Fridays, act like it's a big deal to you and all that, have a good time, let her know it is ok to order dessert only because it's a special occasion.

By doing this you won't have to take her out for $150 dinners every birthday, anniversary or whatever- you gotta slowly work towards eating at high end places.

Buddy Holly
06-02-2008, 11:45 AM
http://64.234.209.20/prodimages/frit_2.jpg + http://www.marlerblog.com/hfsa812.jpg = http://thatotherpaper.com/files/ayce_fritos.jpg

Make it happen.

Jimcs50
06-02-2008, 11:50 AM
You do all that just to get laid?!

No, it was just a bonus. When I am in Vegas, I will spend whatever money I have to to buy me some more gambling time, so the wife stays happy.

:)

Jimcs50
06-02-2008, 11:53 AM
don't take her anywhere too nice because she will come to expect it every year. This is what you do: take her to TGI Fridays, act like it's a big deal to you and all that, have a good time, let her know it is ok to order dessert only because it's a special occasion.

By doing this you won't have to take her out for $150 dinners every birthday, anniversary or whatever- you gotta slowly work towards eating at high end places.

Do not listen to this cheap bastard. Treat your lady right and she will never fuck around on you. Treat her like Dan says to, and you will come home one day and find the toilet seat up.

:p:

Thunder Dan
06-02-2008, 12:07 PM
Do not listen to this cheap bastard. Treat your lady right and she will never fuck around on you. Treat her like Dan says to, and you will come home one day and find the toilet seat up.

:p:

haha, no listen to me: just shove a dinner down her throat and she will be all yours bro

CosmicCowboy
06-02-2008, 12:15 PM
The Grill at Leon Springs is rapidly becoming one of our favorite restaurants. It's owned and run by the same guy that does La Scala. Good varied menu with lots of fresh specials...super wine list too...

It is also Popovich approved. Thats where the Spurs had their celebration party last year.

angel_luv
06-02-2008, 12:56 PM
The Grill at Leon Springs is rapidly becoming one of our favorite restaurants. It's owned and run by the same guy that does La Scala. Good varied menu with lots of fresh specials...super wine list too...

It is also Popovich approved. Thats where the Spurs had their celebration party last year.

All that means is that they have good wine there. :lol

mrsmaalox
06-02-2008, 01:14 PM
All that means is that they have good wine there. :lol

If it's good enough for Pop, it's good enough for me! :)

PEP
06-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Mariposas

mardigan
06-02-2008, 05:27 PM
Tongs Thai on Austin Highway.

JoeChalupa
10-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Our Anniversary is on Thursday. Anyone ever been to The Vineyards?

lebomb
10-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Paesano's rocks.

Try the Shrimp Paesano.

You're welcome.

Except you only get like 4 shrimp........ I left and grabbed a sammich at waterburger to tide my ass over till breakfast.

Oh, Gee!!
10-10-2012, 03:25 PM
La Focaccia in King William

CosmicCowboy
10-10-2012, 03:35 PM
Our Anniversary is on Thursday. Anyone ever been to The Vineyards?

The one on 3009? I ate there once. Atmosphere is real cute...food wasn't particularly memorable.

Oh, Gee!!
10-10-2012, 03:38 PM
Goro's Sushi. Maybe not for your anniversary because it's lacking in presentation, but it's the best sushi in S.A. Godai is good as well. And I agree with poster that suggests Grey Moss Inn--very warm, cozy restaurant with good food.

JoeChalupa
10-10-2012, 03:50 PM
The one on 3009? I ate there once. Atmosphere is real cute...food wasn't particularly memorable.

Yeah, that is the one. Yelp and Urbanspoon have it at above 80% favorable and that is where I decided to go. Maybe more for the ambiance than the food? I'm also getting the chicken which is the least expensive dish.

bus driver
10-11-2012, 12:30 PM
Goro's Sushi. Maybe not for your anniversary because it's lacking in presentation, but it's the best sushi in S.A. Godai is good as well. And I agree with poster that suggests Grey Moss Inn--very warm, cozy restaurant with good food.

that place looks good http://gorossushisa.com/gallery.html