View Full Version : ESPN: KG wants Phoenix

Pages : [1] 2

da_suns_fan__
06-21-2007, 05:17 PM
Wolves-Celtics trade talk? Garnett says forget it
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
(Archive)
The proposed trade that would have sent Kevin Garnett to Boston, agreed to in principle by ex-teammates Kevin McHale and Danny Ainge, was taken off the table Thursday after Garnett got word to the Celtics that he doesn't want to play for them.
Garnett, according to sources close to the situation, is hoping for a trade to the Phoenix Suns if he has to leave the only team he has ever played for.
"The Boston trade isn't happening," Garnett's agent, Andy Miller, told ESPN.com's Chris Sheridan. "If a trade were to happen, that's not a destination that we're interested in pursuing."
It appears that Wolves management -- McHale and owner Glen Taylor -- is prepared for the first time to make a deal that would end the Garnett Era in Minneapolis after 12 seasons. Taylor, according to Wolves sources, has informed Garnett directly of that change in philosophy.
But Garnett will have a stronger-than-usual say in the destination if he is indeed moved before next season because of the ability to opt of his contract in the summer of 2008 and become a free agent just over a year from now if he forfeits his $23 million salary in 2008-09.
Without at least a strong indication that Garnett would be willing to sign an extension with the Celtics, Ainge would be parting with virtually every enticing trade chip Boston has for what amounts to a one-year rental.
Which pieces? The latest incarnation of the deal, according to sources, would have required the Celtics to send blossoming forward Al Jefferson, its No. 5 overall pick in next Thursday's draft and Theo Ratliff's cap-friendly contract in addition to Wolves alumnus Wally Szczerbiak and troubled guard Sebastian Telfair in exchange for Garnett and Wolves guard Troy Hudson.
"This would be a major trade that would affect a franchise and those in the organization, so you better be sure [he wants to be there long term]," said Miller, who informed the Wolves and Celtics late Wednesday that his client he had no interest in playing for Boston.
Garnett rejected the move even though it would put him in the easier-to-conquer Eastern Conference and even though he is said to be friendly with Celtics star Paul Pierce.
Garnett has said for years that he doesn't want to leave his beloved "Sota" and has consistently refused to push for a trade.
Yet he is bracing for a trade now, after hearing of Taylor's new stance, which is said to have only increased his growing frustration with Taylor and McHale.
And Garnett, sources say, wants to move to a warm-weather city and a team that can claim legitimate championship potential.
All of which should help explain why the Suns are No. 1 on his list.
Another big factor: Garnett and Suns guard Steve Nash, sources say, have become good friends over the past few years, starting in 2005 when Garnett was one of the first players in the league to call Nash and congratulate him on his first MVP trophy.
The Wolves and Suns have also discussed a Garnett trade. The Wolves, though, naturally want to trade Garnett out of their conference if they can.
If it has to deal with the Suns -- given the strong possibility Garnett won't sanction a move elsewhere -- Minnesota is expected to demand that Phoenix part with Amare Stoudemire in the exchange, as well as a first-round pick from Atlanta in the 2008 draft that is fully unprotected.
It's considered unlikely that a Suns package built around Shawn Marion and that draft pick would be enough to pry Garnett away. Complicating matters further, Marion also has the right to become a free agent after the 2007-08 season and has also let it be known that he doesn't want to play in Minnesota or Boston, sources say. That stance quickly killed the possibility of a three-way deal involving Minnesota, Phoenix and Boston.
The Suns, meanwhile, are understandably hesitant to part with Stoudemire and have tried unsuccessfully to strike a deal without giving him up. Even though Garnett would certainly help Phoenix in the short term by supplying an instant boost of veteran savvy, while also likely improving team chemistry and addressing their biggest weakness -- matching up with San Antonio's Tim Duncan -- Stoudemire is only 24 and would appear to have limitless potential after making the most high-flying comeback from microfracture knee surgery that the league has ever seen.
Although Miller declined to specify a team when asked where Garnett would prefer to be dealt -- "Too early," he said -- it's believed that Phoenix will increase its efforts between now and Thursday's draft to assembling a Stoudemire-less package to satisfy Minnesota's requirements, perhaps by pulling in another team or two.
Or perhaps they'll reverse course and surrender Stoudemire, which would finally lead to a real Garnett deal after ceaseless KG trade speculation over the past several years.Garnett has "a good handle on the possibility of being traded," Miller said. "Kevin is an extremely loyal person, and loyalty is not a common factor among pro athletes, but in this situation he understands he has to put his long-term considerations ahead of the Minnesota Timberwolves' long-term considerations."
Marc Stein is the senior NBA writer for ESPN.com. To e-mail him, click here. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

mardigan
06-21-2007, 05:18 PM
Bye Amare

dallaskd
06-21-2007, 05:19 PM
amare and barbosa for garnett sounds good.

Fillmoe
06-21-2007, 05:27 PM
if phx gets KG... its game over for the rest of the west

Vinnie_Johnson
06-21-2007, 05:31 PM

Depends on what they would have to give up but they would be real tough to beat. That would make the West even better.

Trainwreck2100

It depends on who they lose

ducks
bull shit
duncan kg cancel each other out
barbosa is shut down by tp
tp scores more then nash
marion or amare are gone with trade
manu >bell
diaw is the x factor for suns

spurs bench might determine outcome

gaKNOW!blee
06-21-2007, 05:35 PM
Phx is better off not having Garnett.

KG is one player that Skip Bayless is actually right about.

ducks
06-21-2007, 05:38 PM
Phx is better off not having Garnett.

KG is one player that Skip Bayless is actually right about.
suns have done nothing with nash,matrix and amare,diaw

how can you say they would be better without him?

kg>amare or kg is >marion

Fillmoe
if kg and nash are on the same team.... its game over for the rest of the league!

Extra Stout
KG is a defensive upgrade from Amare. That's where the difference lies. The problem is that they still would have D'Antoni, so i don't know how much of KG's team-defense skills would be employed.

gaKNOW!blee
06-21-2007, 05:45 PM
suns have done nothing with nash,matrix and amare,diaw

how can you say they would be better without him?

kg>amare or kg is >marionand what has KG done is his amazing career?

the Suns have done plenty, not only WCF apperances but they have been working and playing together for 3 years now. That is a lot of chemisty.

dallaskd
06-21-2007, 05:45 PM
and what has KG done is his amazing career?

the Suns have done plenty, not only WCF apperances but they have been working and playing together for 3 years now. That is a lot of chemisty.

Xylus
06-21-2007, 05:50 PM
If Amare is involved in the trade...

SAY NO TO KG.

Johnny RIngo
06-21-2007, 05:51 PM
D'Antoni's the real problem with the S0ns. That moron doesn't know shit about defense. Mikey's the Flip Saunders of the western conference. Great for the regular season but can't do jack shit in the playoffs.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-21-2007, 05:52 PM
Nash would boost KG's ppg by at least 7.

ducks
06-21-2007, 05:53 PM
and what has KG done is his amazing career?

chemistry

coach says their is more chemistry problems then they liked to admit :ihit

ducks
06-21-2007, 05:57 PM
If Amare is involved in the trade...

SAY NO TO KG.
amare is SICK OF nash getting all the credit
has no iq
does not show up like he is suppose to
is a loner on the team

I hate the suns but to me it is a no brainer
and amare's knees are bad
YOU either trade for someone like kg
or trade nash and get youth for him
You want to win now
amare still has another year atleast to get to superstar status

ducks
06-21-2007, 05:58 PM
Nash would boost KG's ppg by at least 7.
no suns fast pace might not nash

zekes
06-21-2007, 05:59 PM
If Diaw isn't in a KG trade, how do Suns fans feel about this rumor from ESPN:

Maggette and '07 #14 for Diaw, '07 #24 & #29, and '08 First Round pick

ducks
06-21-2007, 06:02 PM
Amare has already had major knee surgeries at a young age--microfracture surgeries (as opposed to soft tissue tears), with his size and this history he will not have longevity in this league. He also has the IQ of a baby

If I'm Phoenix I pull the trigger.

ducks
06-21-2007, 06:03 PM
D'Antoni's the real problem with the S0ns. That moron doesn't know shit about defense. Mikey's the Flip Saunders of the western conference. Great for the regular season but can't do jack shit in the playoffs.
I agree somewhat

ducks
06-21-2007, 06:05 PM
Kg does not want the ball late
but nash would ok with that
I am not sure what is taking kerr so long
he is a new gm he wants to put his stamp on the team
marion has basically said no to wolves (rumored)
it has to be amare

ArgSpursFan
If the T-volves get Amare and Barbosa will defenelty benefit in the long run.
I wouldnīt give up Amare for no one in the league,even Shaq.
Amare is too young to keep learning and getting better.
I say the Volves would do that trade in a heartbeat.

mardigan
and what has KG done is his amazing career?the Suns have done plenty, not only WCF apperances but they have been working and playing together for 3 years now. That is a lot of chemisty.
KG's been to the WCF, the Suns have been to the WCF, whats the difference

mardigan
06-21-2007, 06:06 PM
I wouldnīt give up Amare for no one in the league,even Shaq.
:lol Is this a joke? I could name 5 or 6 players I would take for Amare

dallaskd
06-21-2007, 06:07 PM
the suns have nothing kg hasnt done ecept a few extra rounds in the playoffs. neither have ever been to the finals.

ArgSpursFan
06-21-2007, 06:08 PM

think:AGE

dallaskd
06-21-2007, 06:09 PM

Kobe, Lebron, Duncan, Dirk, Melo, Wade, Nash(if he wasnt with PHX), Yao, Mcgrady, Pierce...

nuff said

monosylab1k
06-21-2007, 06:10 PM
these fucking Suns fans amaze me with their eagerness to suck on Amare's teats. the guy has a shitty attitude, is stupid as fuck, has no offense besides "catch perfect steve nash needle threader pass and dunk", and actually plays worse defense than nash if that's possible. you've got the chance to get a defensive beast who is more versatile offensively, and is mature and hungry as hell to win and you want to pass on that??????????????

any suns fan that thinks a KG-for-Black Jesus trade is bad must be a Mavs or Spurs fan in disguise.

if the T-Wolves are fuckin retarded enough to do a KG for Amare trade, Phoenix should do that shit IN A HEARTBEAT. they'd easily be the team to beat next season.

Xylus
06-21-2007, 06:12 PM
The big problem I have with trading Amare for KG is on-court chemistry. Nash and Amare have played together a few years now, and they've developed an undeniable chemisty on the court. Plus, Amare makes a lot less money than KG does, and they're almost equal in value (almost).

KG is a better defensive player, but I'd say Amare is a better offensive player. Both players have been known to really step their game up in the playoffs.

I like where the Suns are at now, I'd rather not shake everything up when we're so close as it is.

Amuseddaysleeper
06-21-2007, 06:13 PM
should the suns manage to keep BOTH kg and amare (by only having to give up Marion and then some minor players)......then I'd be worried

monosylab1k
06-21-2007, 06:14 PM
The big problem I have with trading Amare for KG is on-court chemistry. Nash and Amare have played together a few years now, and they've developed an undeniable chemisty on the court. Plus, Amare makes a lot less money than KG does, and they're almost equal in value (almost).

KG is a better defensive player, but I'd say Amare is a better offensive player. Both players have been known to really step their game up in the playoffs.

I like where the Suns are at now, I'd rather not shake everything up when we're so close as it is.

not even fucking close. KG can do anything Amare can do on offense (which isn't anything more than catching perfectly places passes and dunking it).

ArgSpursFan
06-21-2007, 06:14 PM
Kobe, Lebron, Duncan, Dirk, Melo, Wade, Nash(if he wasnt with PHX), Yao, Mcgrady, Pierce...

nuff said

First of all,you usually donīt give up a young talented big man like Amare for a Guard or a SF,unless is M.J.
Them:
Amare>Yao
Amare<Duncan,but way younger and with time to keep developing his skills.
and Iīm counting Dirk as a long SF.

So,I wouldnt trade an old Garnett for a young Amare+a young Barbosa.HELL NO!

monosylab1k
06-21-2007, 06:18 PM
Kwame Brown has the ability to make Amare his bitch and has done it more than once. THAT ALONE should show how overrated Black Jesus is.

KWAME
FUCKING
BROWN

Infamous
06-21-2007, 06:18 PM
What his KG done in his amazing career? Well besides being with a poor supporting cast for years in his career, he's won a season MVP, All-Star game MVP, and went to the WCF, where the Wolves were stopped by the SHAQ & KOBE LAKERS.

KG to the Suns would definetely give the entire Western Conference a scare, hell especially Spurs fans. With KG, I think the Suns now have a chance to eliminate the Spurs from the playoffs. Tim Duncan vs. Kevin Garnett..such a classic match-up..haven't seen it in the post season since 1999.

Xylus
06-21-2007, 06:19 PM
not even fucking close. KG can do anything Amare can do on offense (which isn't anything more than catching perfectly places passes and dunking it).
Amare during this year's playoffs:

25.3 pts
12.1 reb
52.2% FG
77% FT
1.9 blk

Those stats are almost identical to KG's. Amare makes $12.5 mil. KG makes $21 mil.

ArgSpursFan
06-21-2007, 06:20 PM
But I hope the suns do the Garnett for Amare+Barbosa trade.Itīll be easier to beat them.
No spark from the bench,+I donīt see KG running up and down the floor for fucking 48 mins.the way the suns play.No way.

dallaskd
The wolves would want a point guard out of this.

Xylus
Kwame Brown has the ability to make Amare his bitch and has done it more than once. THAT ALONE should show how overrated Black Jesus is.

KWAME
FUCKING
BROWN
:lol

Kwame had one good game.

monosylab1k
06-21-2007, 06:23 PM

25.3 pts
12.1 reb
52.2% FG
77% FT
1.9 blk

Those stats are almost identical to KG's. Amare makes $12.5 mil. KG makes $21 mil.

blocks don't equal defense. especially the type of block amare gets.

Johnny RIngo
06-21-2007, 06:25 PM
How would trading Amare for Garnett solve the S0ns salary problems? Garnett would easily make the S0ns better but the real problem is Marion's contract. He would be the one to go.

gaKNOW!blee
06-21-2007, 06:29 PM
What his KG done in his amazing career? Well besides being with a poor supporting cast for years in his career, he's won a season MVP, All-Star game MVP, and went to the WCF, where the Wolves were stopped by the SHAQ & KOBE LAKERS.

KG to the Suns would definetely give the entire Western Conference a scare, hell especially Spurs fans. With KG, I think the Suns now have a chance to eliminate the Spurs from the playoffs. Tim Duncan vs. Kevin Garnett..such a classic match-up..haven't seen it in the post season since 1999.
so basically your point is he was an MVP. Because I could care less about all star Mvps, they mean nothing.

Yeah, he went to the WCF finals, once. The suns have been there 2 out of the last 3 years, and if they dont blow a 16 point lead this year, they just might of been back.

The Suns are not as far from the title as alot of us Spurs fans like to think.

itzsoweezee
that would be an upgrade for phoenix's defense, but a downgrade on offense. there goes all of phoenix's inside scoring.

kps0001
these fucking Suns fans amaze me with their eagerness to suck on Amare's teats. the guy has a shitty attitude, is stupid as fuck, has no offense besides "catch perfect steve nash needle threader pass and dunk", and actually plays worse defense than nash if that's possible. you've got the chance to get a defensive beast who is more versatile offensively, and is mature and hungry as hell to win and you want to pass on that??????????????

any suns fan that thinks a KG-for-Black Jesus trade is bad must be a Mavs or Spurs fan in disguise.

if the T-Wolves are fuckin retarded enough to do a KG for Amare trade, Phoenix should do that shit IN A HEARTBEAT. they'd easily be the team to beat next season.

LOL. A Mavericks fan telling Suns fans about their own players. Your post shows you know nothing about Amare. Shitty attitude? No offense? Ask Kwame how he liked playing against Amare this year? You would fucking cream your pants if Dallas had a chance to get Amare.

Xylus
06-21-2007, 06:30 PM
blocks don't equal defense. especially the type of block amare gets.
So is $8.5 mil. worth that added defense? The Suns already have salary problems.

Also keep in mind that Amare is 24 and KG is 30. Amare's going to be even better next year. Word from the media is that he's been in the gym almost every day for the last few weeks working on his game. He seems dedicated to improving his game.

If you put Nash and KG on the same team along with Marion (who is 29, I think) you have only a few years to make a run at the title. The Suns believe that Amare will be their future after Nash is done.

monosylab1k
06-21-2007, 06:33 PM
LOL. A Mavericks fan telling Suns fans about their own players. Your post shows you know nothing about Amare. Shitty attitude? No offense? Ask Kwame how he liked playing against Amare this year? You would fucking cream your pants if Dallas had a chance to get Amare.

Um, an entire book was written for the masses that pretty bluntly describes Amare and his shitty attitude and lack of a 3rd grade education. Your coach was stupid enough to allow it to happen too.

Nobody is saying Amare doesn't have his merits. But KG can do everything Amare can do, and then some. And KG would rather win than have his massive Black Jesus ego stroked.

monosylab1k
06-21-2007, 06:34 PM
So is $8.5 mil. worth that added defense? The Suns already have salary problems.

Also keep in mind that Amare is 24 and KG is 30. Amare's going to be even better next year. Word from the media is that he's been in the gym almost every day for the last few weeks working on his game. He seems dedicated to improving his game.

If you put Nash and KG on the same team along with Marion (who is 29, I think) you have only a few years to make a run at the title. The Suns believe that Amare will be their future after Nash is done.

The Suns have no future once Nash is gone no matter what. Win now.

monosylab1k
06-21-2007, 06:35 PM
This is almost as hilarious as the delusional Mavericks fans who think a Dirk for Kobe trade is a bad idea. Fuckin' homers for ya.

mardigan
06-21-2007, 06:35 PM
think:AGE
I was thinking age. I still would take players that were older.All these people saying what has KG done, well what has Amare done on a far better team than anything KG has ever had? And no, Amare is not better than Yao at any phase of the game except for being faster down the court.

Xylus
06-21-2007, 06:38 PM
This is almost as hilarious as the delusional Mavericks fans who think a Dirk for Kobe trade is a bad idea. Fuckin' homers for ya.
If we're fuckin' homers, then why hasn't the trade been made yet?

Because we'd have to give up more than Amare. Draft picks, Kurt Thomas, maybe Barbosa. It just isn't worth it. Not for one player who isn't that much better than Amare.

monosylab1k
06-21-2007, 06:39 PM
I donīt see KG running up and down the floor for fucking 48 mins.the way the suns play.No way.

Have you even seen Kevin Garnett play? To make a statement like that I highly doubt it.

monosylab1k
06-21-2007, 06:39 PM
Not for one player who isn't that much better than Amare.

And there you go, homer.

Findog
06-21-2007, 06:40 PM
Amare for KG is a lateral move for the Suns. It some ways it probably makes them a little bit better, but certainly no lock to beat the Spurs. Suns are either gonna stand pat or persuade the Wolves to take less.

Warlord23
06-21-2007, 06:42 PM

25.3 pts
12.1 reb
52.2% FG
77% FT
1.9 blk

KG playing at the Suns' pace, getting the number of dunks/layups that Amare gets, would average that easily. You could also throw in 4+ assists with that. KG is the better rebounder, passer and defender; has a higher IQ and a better jumpshot.

The only problem is that Amare is young. A KG-Amare trade will put the Suns in top contention for '08 and '09. After that there's no telling how long it'll take them to rebuild and contend again.

That said, if this gives the Suns a better chance at winning the 'ship, they should go for it. The 28 NBA titles between 1979-80 and 2006-07 have been won by only 8 franchises. Getting an NBA title is no easy feat. There have been great players (Malone, Stockton, Barkley, Ewing, 'Nique, etc) who didn't win a single ring. 1 or 2 rings and then falling badly is still better than contending for 6-7 years while coming up short every time.

Does anyone think Amare+Barbosa will dominate the league after Nash retires? I wouldn't bet money on that. I think Phoenix's best chance to win a title is the next 2 years with a prime Nash. And KG>Amare for the next 2 years as Nash's running mate, no question.

kps0001
06-21-2007, 06:43 PM
Um, an entire book was written for the masses that pretty bluntly describes Amare and his shitty attitude and lack of a 3rd grade education. Your coach was stupid enough to allow it to happen too.

Nobody is saying Amare doesn't have his merits. But KG can do everything Amare can do, and then some. And KG would rather win than have his massive Black Jesus ego stroked.

Um, you do realize that book was written in the 2005-2006 season when Amare didn't even play? I couldn't care less how smart the guy is as long as he can play ball. Why is there so much discussion about Amare and this low IQ thing? Because thats all the haters can say about him. Oh, he screwed up royally and stepped onto the court when he should have known better. Jesus. I am sure the other teams in the league, and more specifically, the Mavs are just filled completely with Rhodes Scholars.

The guy works out probably harder than anyone on the Suns and his desire to win cannot be questioned. He had a very timultous upbringing going to school after school and taking care of his family while his mother was out doing who knows what. He is taking summer courses at ASU. The guy came back stronger than almost everyone thought after the microfracture, but I guess that was a result of his shitty attitude.

With that said the Suns have stated publicly that Amare isn't going anywhere in a trade.

monosylab1k
06-21-2007, 06:43 PM
Amare for KG is a lateral move for the Suns. It some ways it probably makes them a little bit better, but certainly no lock to beat the Spurs. Suns are either gonna stand pat or persuade the Wolves to take less.

KG gives them slightly more versatility on offense and a SIGNIFICANT upgrade on defense. With KG guarding the hoop and Bell defending the perimeter, the defensive shortcomings of Nash are almost totally masked, and that frees up Marion to be even more of an "energy" guy who can ballhawk and create turnovers on defense. The addition of KG turns them from a shitty defensive team to above average at worst, even a good defensive team.

Johnny RIngo
06-21-2007, 06:44 PM

This I agree with. The S0ns are finished once Nash is done. Their gimmick offense overly relies on him. So it's imperative to win now while they still have a chance.

D'Antoni is what's really holding them back though. Never before have I seen such an incompetent coach be so overrated.

8 man rotations+no defense=weak ass coaching.

monosylab1k
06-21-2007, 06:46 PM
Um, you do realize that book was written in the 2005-2006 season when Amare didn't even play? I couldn't care less how smart the guy is as long as he can play ball. Why is there so much discussion about Amare and this low IQ thing? Because thats all the haters can say about him. Oh, he screwed up royally and stepped onto the court when he should have known better. Jesus. I am sure the other teams in the league, and more specifically, the Mavs are just filled completely with Rhodes Scholars.

The guy works out probably harder than anyone on the Suns and his desire to win cannot be questioned. He had a very timultous upbringing going to school after school and taking care of his family while his mother was out doing who knows what. He is taking summer courses at ASU. The guy came back stronger than almost everyone thought after the microfracture, but I guess that was a result of his shitty attitude.

With that said the Suns have stated publicly that Amare isn't going anywhere in a trade.

So is that why his work ethic and desire to be a part of a team were questioned throughout the course of that entire book? Is that why he feels he should be the star of the team and resents Nash and fights with Marion cuz he doesn't feel respected enough?

kps0001
06-21-2007, 06:46 PM
LOL..and where will the almighty Spurs be when Duncan is gone?

itzsoweezee
06-21-2007, 06:47 PM

spurs' cap situation >>>>>>>>> suns' cap situation

that's why the spurs are the best organization in all of sports

ArgSpursFan
06-21-2007, 06:48 PM

Great things never last forever.Ask the Celtics

Findog
06-21-2007, 06:49 PM
KG gives them slightly more versatility on offense and a SIGNIFICANT upgrade on defense. With KG guarding the hoop and Bell defending the perimeter, the defensive shortcomings of Nash are almost totally masked, and that frees up Marion to be even more of an "energy" guy who can ballhawk and create turnovers on defense. The addition of KG turns them from a shitty defensive team to above average at worst, even a good defensive team.

Yeah, in the short-term it definitely makes them better, but still no lock to beat the Spurs. And you're sacrificing the rest of Amare's career for two years of Garnett. It's a defensible decision either way -- Nash has two prime years left and they haven't shown they can beat the Spurs as is. Is that worth sacrificing Amare's future? He's young and that explains a lot of his immaturity. I don't know, I lean towards doing it if I'm Phoenix, but stop dogging Amare, even with his flaws, it's no small thing to part with him. I try to get Minnesota satisfied with a package centered around Marion instead. KG and Amare together means that Amare wouldn't be drawing the more difficult defensive assignments -- frees him up to stay out of foul trouble and masks a lot of his defensive flaws.

Cleveland Steamer
06-21-2007, 06:50 PM
The Suns would turn KG into a little whiny bitch like they do the rest of their players, mine as well stay on the T-Wolves and at least act like a man

Warlord23
06-21-2007, 06:50 PM

Exactly my point. Maybe they won't be where they are, but Duncan has given us 4 rings already and may end up getting 1 or 2 more. The same can't be said of Nash. He has a 2-year window to get it done.

ArgSpursFan
06-21-2007, 06:51 PM
Have you even seen Kevin Garnett play? To make a statement like that I highly doubt it.

yes,I did.Now tell me how old is Garnett,and how many games Heīll be able to keep up the sunīs run and gun type of game.40?50 games?
I would keep a young Amare If I was Kerr.

kps0001
So is that why his work ethic and desire to be a part of a team were questioned throughout the course of that entire book? Is that why he feels he should be the star of the team and resents Nash and fights with Marion cuz he doesn't feel respected enough?

The work ethic was questioned when he kept feeling soreness in his surgically repaired knee and was taking things slowly. NOBODY in Phoenix or the Suns organization is gonna question his work ethic. But since Jack Macallum wrote it in a book it is true? Maybe you should read the book again.

Johnny RIngo

Spurs have won their 'ships though. The S0ns have yet to win a championship. They should be thinking about improving their team as much as possible while their window is still open.

ducks
06-21-2007, 06:52 PM
How would trading Amare for Garnett solve the S0ns salary problems? Garnett would easily make the S0ns better but the real problem is Marion's contract. He would be the one to go.
not when he said no already

Xylus
06-21-2007, 06:53 PM
Yeah, in the short-term it definitely makes them better, but still no lock to beat the Spurs. And you're sacrificing the rest of Amare's career for two years of Garnett. It's a defensible decision either way -- Nash has two prime years left and they haven't shown they can beat the Spurs as is. Is that worth sacrificing Amare's future? He's young and that explains a lot of his immaturity. I don't know, I lean towards doing it if I'm Phoenix, but stop dogging Amare, even with his flaws, it's no small thing to part with him. I try to get Minnesota satisfied with a package centered around Marion instead. KG and Amare together means that Amare wouldn't be drawing the more difficult defensive assignments -- frees him up to stay out of foul trouble and masks a lot of his defensive flaws.
KG and Amare would be the ideal pairing. I'd be willing to give up quite a lot to see that happen.

Any combination of Marion, Diaw, Banks, KT, this year's draft picks (24 and 29), next year's first-round Atlanta pick (unprotected). Nash, KG, and Amare would be really, really scary.

ArgSpursFan
06-21-2007, 06:55 PM
KG and Amare would be the ideal pairing. I'd be willing to give up quite a lot to see that happen.

Any combination of Marion, Diaw, Banks, KT, this year's draft picks (24 and 29), next year's first-round Atlanta pick (unprotected). Nash, KG, and Amare would be really, really scary.

yeah It would,but I donīt see that Happening.
The TVolves will wont Amare+some players,otherwise they wont do it.

Xylus
06-21-2007, 06:59 PM
yeah It would,but I donīt see that Happening.
The TVolves will wont Amare+some players,otherwise they wont do it.
Which is why I just don't see this trade happening.

I don't think either team will be willing to budge.

ducks
06-21-2007, 06:59 PM
Which is why I just don't see this trade happening.

I don't think either team will be willing to budge.
kerr will do a trade this summer
count on it
all new gms do

monosylab1k
06-21-2007, 07:00 PM
NOBODY in Phoenix or the Suns organization is gonna question his work ethic.

yeah that's great. guess what? NOBODY in the Mavericks organization is gonna accuse Dirk of choking. Does it mean that it isn't so?

atxrocker
06-21-2007, 07:01 PM
lmmfao@monosylab1k's hate for amare. its pretty amusing the level of amare hatred on this board. like it or not, dudes a beast. if i'm phx, its hard to give up a young stud big for an aging KG 'specially if you gotta give up even more pieces than amare alone. KG has always been vastly overrated.

Findog
06-21-2007, 07:01 PM

Marion, Barbosa and Kurt Thomas are worth getting KG. That's a borderline All-Star, a star in the making, and a serviceable big for KG. KG/Amare > Duncan/Oberto. Suns would then need to go get an outside shooter to replace what they get from Marion and Barbosa in their offense. That's what the MLE is for...added to that if they keep their picks after picking up KG, they can get something for the bench to lengthen the rotation. Interior defense and lack of bench depth, the two biggest weaknesses for the Suns would be solved.

Extra Stout
06-21-2007, 07:02 PM
I don't understand why people excuse Amare's behavior by saying "he is young." LeBron James is 22, and he doesn't act like a child. Tony Parker is 25, and he doesn't act like a child. Carmelo Anthony doesn't act like a child.

If the Suns want to foreclose on the remaining two years of Nash's prime in order to place their hopes on a developmentally-retarted Amare Stoudemire going forward, more power to them. Suns fans can relish in their woulda-shoulda-coulda 2007 championship, because they won't get a real one as it stands now.

The more I think about it, getting KG is a no-brainer. No, Sun fan, Amare is not a better offensive player than KG any more than Karl Malone was a better offensive player than Tim Duncan is. Add that to the defense, team mentality, and heart...

The Curse dictates that the Suns must pass on this opportunity.

Thunder Dan
06-21-2007, 07:02 PM
I'm not into the whole KG thing that much but would a Sheed/KG deal ever go down for Detroit? It seems like both teams want those guys out

LavaLamp
06-21-2007, 07:03 PM

Building on what kps0001 said, by all accounts, Amare is a mature, serious, goal-oriented individual. He is not perfect of course, and because of youth, his emotions get the better of him at times. However, he displays the kind of attitude about life, business and basketball that you would see from an underprivileged boy who wants to be a lawyer, doctor or tycoon.

ArgSpursFan
06-21-2007, 07:05 PM
lmmfao@monosylab1k's hate for amare. its pretty amusing the level of amare hatred on this board. like it or not, dudes a beast. if i'm phx, its hard to give up a young stud big for an aging KG 'specially if you gotta give up even more pieces than amare alone. KG has always been vastly overrated.

I agree.Amare is a beast,just needs to grow up a bit.
I īd love to see him in a spurs uniform.
I really see Amare being greater tham KG in a near future.
If S.Kerr gets rid of him,the suns will kill all the chances the have to win a tittle for the next 10 yrs. or so.
Amare should be the Duncan piece for the suns in order to bild a team around him.

Xylus
06-21-2007, 07:06 PM
Marion, Barbosa and Kurt Thomas are worth getting KG. That's a borderline All-Star, a star in the making, and a serviceable big for KG. KG/Amare > Duncan/Oberto. Suns would then need to go get an outside shooter to replace what they get from Marion and Barbosa in their offense. That's what the MLE is for...added to that if they keep their picks after picking up KG, they can get something for the bench to lengthen the rotation. Interior defense and lack of bench depth, the two biggest weaknesses for the Suns would be solved.
I believe the Wolves would need to throw in an extra piece to make that deal work (something to do with the way the salaries match up). We'd be giving up nearly $30 mil. in salary and the Wolves would only be giving up about $21 mil.

I'd prefer to keep Kurt Thomas if it meant giving up Barbosa, and offering draft picks instead.

monosylab1k
06-21-2007, 07:07 PM
However, he displays the kind of attitude about life, business and basketball that you would see from an underprivileged boy who wants to be a lawyer, doctor or tycoon.

Yeah, especially the part where the underprivileged boy who wants to be a doctor/lawyer gets "Black Jesus" tatooed on his neck.

ArgSpursFan
06-21-2007, 07:09 PM
Yeah, especially the part where the underprivileged boy who wants to be a doctor/lawyer gets "Black Jesus" tatooed on his neck.

whatīs the black Jesus tatto has to do with BB anyways?? :dizzy

PM5K
At the end of the day, I'd loathe to trade a young Amare for an ageing Garnett, but at this point I think it's obvious the Suns won't get past the Spurs with their current lineup, so I think some changes should be made, and I wouldn't be too excited to face Garnett and the Suns in the Playoffs, depending on who else besides Amare they have to give up to get him...

Xylus
I don't see how anyone could say that Amare Stoudemire is "developmentally-retarded" when he's one of the best players in the league. When he entered the league, he wasn't a great rebounder, didn't have a jumpshot, wasn't a great FT shooter. He's improved in all those areas, while becoming more dominant inside the paint.

Kwame Brown...now he's developmentally-retarded.

Findog
I believe the Wolves would need to throw in an extra piece to make that deal work (something to do with the way the salaries match up). We'd be giving up nearly $30 mil. in salary and the Wolves would only be giving up about $21 mil.

I'd prefer to keep Kurt Thomas if it meant giving up Barbosa, and offering draft picks instead.

Ricky Davis. That would make Phoenix fuckin' sick. Nash, KG, Amare, Bell, Davis, Thomas, Diaw, a first-rounder, James Jones. Somewhere in there Phoenix will have to pick up a veteran backup for Nash, but that shouldn't be too hard.

atxrocker

what in the fuck does that have to do with ANYTHING in this thread? your hate for the kid makes your arguments very flawed and irrelevant.

Cleveland Steamer
06-21-2007, 07:10 PM
Amare should be the Duncan piece for the suns in order to bild a team around him.
Guy has two all stars and the 6th man of the year on his team, how much more of a team do they need to put around him?

Johnny RIngo
If S.Kerr gets rid of him,the suns will kill all the chances the have to win a tittle for the next 10 yrs. or so.

Amare is a rich man's Dwight Howard with bad knees. No way you can compare that chump to what Duncan or KG does.

Diaw and Marion thrived last year without Amare. Insert KG in there and you get a MUCH better team. D'Antoni will find a way to screw it up though.

Extra Stout
Ricky Davis. That would make Phoenix fuckin' sick.
:lol As in terminally?

Cleveland Steamer
06-21-2007, 07:12 PM
Amare is a rich man's Dwight Howard with bad knees. No way you can compare that chump to what Duncan or KG does.

Diaw and Marion thrived last year without Amare. Insert KG in there and you get a MUCH better team. D'Antoni will find a way to screw it up though.
I would trade Amare for Dwight in a second

Findog
:lol As in terminally?

Ricky Davis has mellowed some. He'd be instant offense on their second unit.

atxrocker
I'm thinking that Amare said something very offensive about Leonardo DiCaprio to monosylab1k in order to piss him off so bad. That is the only reason I can think of for him to have such a vendetta against Amare.

Cry Havoc
06-21-2007, 07:13 PM
I feel, at this point in the thread, the people speaking of Amare like he's a dominant post force should consider that I am not 6' tall and I could probably average 18-20+ PPG at the Power Forward position with Nash as my Point Guard.

As a side bonus, I'd probably play better defense than Amare. Trade him while you can.

And YES, his IQ DOES matter. How can you say it doesn't? Bball IQ is irreplaceable. Amare has zilch. He doesn't know when to turn it on, and he basically lives to blow teams out in the regular season. No self-control, no willingness to play hard defense for a full 48... exactly what does this guy do besides dunk the ball and grab a few rebounds (which will decline drastically as his knees go) that makes you all worship him as one of the best bigs in the league?

The Spurs just showcased why you can't have players who don't play D. So did the Warriors in their rout of the Mavs. It just doesn't work. Boozer was a dominant force in the playoffs until the Spurs put pressure on him -- then he was nowhere to be seen.

Amare needs to completely change his game to even be considered a great post player.

ArgSpursFan
06-21-2007, 07:13 PM
Guy has two all stars and the 6th man of the year on his team, how much more of a team do they need to put around him?

No disrespect but this is the WC,not the East,they need more tham that to beat the Spurs or Mavs.

monosylab1k
06-21-2007, 07:14 PM
what in the fuck does that have to do with ANYTHING in this thread? your hate for the kid makes your arguments very flawed and irrelevant.

oh, and someone comparing him to an underprivileged kid trying to make it in life as a doctor is somehow relevant?

monosylab1k
06-21-2007, 07:15 PM
I'm thinking that Amare said something very offensive about Leonardo DiCaprio to monosylab1k in order to piss him off so bad. That is the only reason I can think of for him to have such a vendetta against Amare.

Hey when does your next prison term start?

Xylus
oh, and someone comparing him to an underprivileged kid trying to make it in life as a doctor is somehow relevant?
Yes, it has to do with his drive to succeed.

Cleveland Steamer
No disrespect but this is the WC,not the East,they need more tham that to beat the Spurs or Mavs.
Need more than that? If a team needs more than that to get to the Finals they wont ever get there. The mavs dont even have the kind of fire power the Suns do

atxrocker
I feel, at this point in the thread, the people speaking of Amare like he's a dominant post force should consider that I am not 6' tall and I could probably average 18-20+ PPG at the Power Forward position with Nash as my Point Guard.

As a side bonus, I'd probably play better defense than Amare. Trade him while you can.

if you could be a better NBA player than Amare then I suggest you get a good agent, and fast. which team should I expect to see you playing with? I CALL FUCKING BULLSHIT. Go fuck yourself with that bullshit.

Johnny RIngo
06-21-2007, 07:16 PM

Gimme a break. 3 all stars, a defensive first team player, and the 6th man of the year isn't enough? That's plenty. Give someone like Pat Riley, Phil Jackson, and Pop those pieces and the S0ns would have a championship already.

monosylab1k
06-21-2007, 07:17 PM

Which is incredibly suspect to a guy who spent an entire season with the team and wrote a book about it.

Xylus
Gimme a break. 3 all stars, a defensive first team player, and the 6th man of the year isn't enough? That's plenty. Give someone like Pat Riley, Phil Jackson, and Pop those pieces and the S0ns would have a championship already.
For once, I agree with you. I think our main problem is coaching.

Extra Stout
Is he going to take up ping-pong or buy a shrimp boat?

Cleveland Steamer
06-21-2007, 07:18 PM
For once, I agree with you. I think our main problem is coaching.
Agree with this 100%

ArgSpursFan
For some reazon people in this thread aren not considering that Garnett in 2 yrs will be an old Peace of crap,while Amare will probably be in his prime,winning the MVP of the year.
Jesus,get real!!

Xylus
Which is incredibly suspect to a guy who spent an entire season with the team and wrote a book about it.
I'll take his obvious improvement on the court + his extremely successful recovery from microfracture surgery over the opinion of one writer. As smart as Jack McCallum is, he was an outsider looking in.

If Amare had developmental problems, the Suns wouldn't hesitate in doing this deal with KG.

RonMexico
06-21-2007, 07:19 PM

Only if it's Amare and KG... we don't need two players (Marion and KG) disappearing in the playoffs.

Amare and KG would = domination... in fact the T-Wolves should be forced to make this trade as a part of the Joe Smith punishment.

ducks
06-21-2007, 07:20 PM
For some reazon people in this thread aren not considering that Garnett in 2 yrs will be an old Peace of crap,while Amare will probably be in his prime,winning the MVP of the year.
Jesus,get real!!
if his knees hold up

monosylab1k
06-21-2007, 07:20 PM
As smart as Jack McCallum is, he was an outsider looking in.

which is why he was named an assistant coach for the preseason and road with D'Antoni to team practices and games.

in fact he quotes D'antoni on alot of those instances where Stoudemire's "drive to succeed" is questioned.

monosylab1k
06-21-2007, 07:21 PM
Is he going to take up ping-pong or buy a shrimp boat?

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

he's gonna jog across America just cuz he feels like running.

ArgSpursFan

you seemed to forgot the most important part buddy.
BAD COACH

Thatīs something that the spurs and Mavs are good at,and At the end of the day,eather brake it or make it.

LavaLamp

My attorney has "$450 per hour" tattooed on his neck. What's the diff? :)

Xylus
06-21-2007, 07:22 PM
which is why he was named an assistant coach for the preseason and road with D'Antoni to team practices and games.

in fact he quotes D'antoni on alot of those instances where Stoudemire's "drive to succeed" is questioned.
That drive was questioned in regards to his physical rehabilitation, something that can be crippling emotionally and mentally.

As far as basketball goes, Amare lacks no motivation.

RonMexico
06-21-2007, 07:23 PM
That drive was questioned in regards to his physical rehabilitation, something that can be crippling emotionally and mentally.

As far as basketball goes, Amare lacks no motivation.

Yeah - if he could develop the back-to-the basket game of KG, then the Suns wouldn't need to make this trade at all.

monosylab1k
06-21-2007, 07:24 PM
As far as basketball goes, Amare lacks no motivation on the offensive side.

fixed

Cleveland Steamer
06-21-2007, 07:24 PM
Jesus,get real!!
And for some reason you keep blowing how good Amare is way out of proportion and acting like KG isnt shit. The last time KG was in the playoffs, he averaged 23 points, 15 boards, 5 assists, and 2 blocks a game. Add Nash to the mix, and he would be almost unstoppable. I have to ask again, have you ever even seen KG play?

Xylus
06-21-2007, 07:25 PM
fixed
You are super gay, monosylab. And not in the good way.

Cleveland Steamer
06-21-2007, 07:25 PM
you seemed to forgot the most important part buddy.
BAD COACH

Thatīs something that the spurs and Mavs are good at,and At the end of the day,eather brake it or make it.
So you just going to keep making different excuses everytime someone proves you wrong?

Cry Havoc
06-21-2007, 07:26 PM
if you could be a better NBA player than Amare then I suggest you get a good agent, and fast. which team should I expect to see you playing with? I CALL FUCKING BULLSHIT. Go fuck yourself with that bullshit.

Please learn the definition of hyperbole. Also, you might want to get a little more in touch with reality so that the next time someone makes a statement that is obviously not intended to be serious, you don't make a fool of yourself.

monosylab1k
06-21-2007, 07:26 PM

So says the one with Amare's cock stuffed in his mouth.

Xylus
06-21-2007, 07:27 PM
So says the one with Amare's cock stuffed in his mouth.
That's the good kind of gay I was describing.

Cry Havoc
06-21-2007, 07:28 PM
Jesus,get real!!

Yes, in a league filled with (yes, even in 2 years) Tim Duncan, LeBron James, Dwayne Wade, Kobe Bryant, Oden, Durant, T-mac, and Dirk, Amare is going to have a boatload of MVPs. :rolleyes

ducks
you do not need to use those words to my fellow spur fan

monosylab1k
That's the good kind of gay I was describing.

At least you aren't denying the fact that Amare's cock is in your mouth.

Xylus
06-21-2007, 07:29 PM
Yes, in a league filled with (yes, even in 2 years) Tim Duncan, LeBron James, Dwayne Wade, Kobe Bryant, Oden, Durant, T-mac, and Dirk, Amare is going to have a boatload of MVPs. :rolleyes
He won't have a boatload, but he'll probably contend for the award every year.

Xylus
06-21-2007, 07:30 PM
At least you aren't denying the fact that Amare's cock is in your mouth.
If it was, I'd probably be rich.

Money > Blowjob

I think I'd make that trade.

Cleveland Steamer
06-21-2007, 07:31 PM
He won't have a boatload, but he'll probably contend for the award every year.
At least until Nash retires

ArgSpursFan
06-21-2007, 07:31 PM
And for some reason you keep blowing how good Amare is way out of proportion and acting like KG isnt shit. The last time KG was in the playoffs, he averaged 23 points, 15 boards, 5 assists, and 2 blocks a game. Add Nash to the mix, and he would be almost unstoppable. I have to ask again, have you ever even seen KG play?

Listen Dude:I never say Garnett wasnīt shit,ok?
Iīm saying that:for years to come Amare has more to learn and develope,tham what Garnett does.
And Donīt forget that The Sunīs arenīt a team for anybody,they run and run and run and run......
How long you think An Aging Garnett will be able to keep up with that kind crazy running Sunīs type of play.
I say 50 games,and them Heīll go straight to the Hospital with a heart Attac.

Xylus
06-21-2007, 07:32 PM
At least until Nash retires
Even if you're right, that might be awhile. Nash is in good physical condition for his age.

monosylab1k
06-21-2007, 07:33 PM
How long you think An Aging Garnett will be able to keep up with that kind crazy running Sunīs type of play.

probably just as well as an aging Steve Nash is handling it.

there's no way you've ever seen Garnett play.

Cleveland Steamer
06-21-2007, 07:34 PM
Listen Dude:I never say Garnett wasnīt shit,ok?
Iīm saying that:for years to come Amare has more to learn and develope,tham what Garnett does.
And Donīt forget that The Sunīs arenīt a team for anybody,they run and run and run and run......
I say 50 games,and them Heīll go straight to the Hospital with a heart Attac.
Garnett has been known since he came into the league as one of the most athletic big men ever, he can run all day and he never gets tired. He also hasnt shown one sign of decline since he came into the league. With his body type, and the fact that he has never been much of a banger or had a major injury, he could maintain his level of play for many more years Mr. Future teller. As good as Nash makes Amare looks, KG would probably win another MVP playing with him

ArgSpursFan
06-21-2007, 07:36 PM

emmm,ok....

what about Nashīs and KGīs sizes and weights diference...???????

Donīt be silly.

Cleveland Steamer
06-21-2007, 07:37 PM

I agree with this

Even if you're right, that might be awhile. Nash is in good physical condition for his age.
And so is KG, both could play another 3-5 years together and be very productive

ArgSpursFan
06-21-2007, 07:38 PM
Garnett has been known since he came into the league as one of the most athletic big men ever, he can run all day and he never gets tired. He also hasnt shown one sign of decline since he came into the league. With his body type, and the fact that he has never been much of a banger or had a major injury, he could maintain his level of play for many more years Mr. Future teller. As good as Nash makes Amare looks, KG would probably win another MVP playing with him

Dude,Get real,he was known as.....
And he is still a great player.
But you canīt compare what KG was known as ,to what He is probably not capable to do NOW.Like runing like a crazy chicken for 48 mins for the whole reg season +the playoffs.

monosylab1k
06-21-2007, 07:40 PM
emmm,ok....

Donīt be silly.

what does size have to do with it? they're both in good physical condition.

jeez, do you even watch basketball?

what about the fact that PG's tend to break down faster than other positions?

Cleveland Steamer
06-21-2007, 07:40 PM
But you canīt compare what KG was known as ,to what He is probably not capable to do NOW.Like runing like a crazy chicken for 48 mins for the whole reg season +the playoffs.
Thats funny, because he averaged more minutes, points, rebounds and blocks per game this year than he did in the past 3 years

monosylab1k
06-21-2007, 07:41 PM

are you the same guy that said that Elton Brand was over the hill? If so I'm leaving right now. No point in me arguing with a complete dumbshit.

Cry Havoc
06-21-2007, 07:42 PM

So what, Amare running up and down the court to score on dunks and then running back to stand around like a lawn gnome on defense is a hell of a lot better?

The commercial should have been, "Amare. The Amare can be out of bounds, since all he does is stand around and get abused."

ArgSpursFan
06-21-2007, 07:42 PM
Thats funny, because he averaged more minutes, points, rebounds and blocks per game this year than he did in the past 3 years

oh,so you are saying that the Tvolves play the same way the suns do?????
cīmon.

Cry Havoc
06-21-2007, 07:43 PM
are you the same guy that said that Elton Brand was over the hill? If so I'm leaving right now. No point in me arguing with a complete dumbshit.

It's ok Mono, you aren't alone in this ridiculousness of incredulity. Stick around. It ain't the Hoopsczar thread, but it's something.

ArgSpursFan
06-21-2007, 07:43 PM

I never talked about Elton Brand in any thread.

So,STFU,fuckface.

Cry Havoc
06-21-2007, 07:44 PM
cīmon.

WHAT?

Garnett in the Suns system would average 26-28, 16, 6, and 3 blocks. Easily. That sieve like defense would turn him into Marcus Camby.

Please have a clue what other people are talking about BEFORE opening your mouth wide for everyone to gaze into.

Cleveland Steamer
06-21-2007, 07:44 PM
cīmon.
No, Im simply saying that your belief that KG is old and going to be breaking down doesnt hold any weight, and that he is still athletic enough to run with anybody all the time.

ArgSpursFan
06-21-2007, 07:45 PM
this thread is pointless.
I canīt argue with somebody who never played BB and donīt know about peaple getting FUCKING OLD.
See ya.

monosylab1k

So,STFU,fuckface.

Judging from your basketball knowlege, this is probably the first time you've ever heard about Elton Brand.

Cry Havoc

So,STFU,fuckface.

Classy.

Cry Havoc
06-21-2007, 07:46 PM
I canīt argue with somebody who never played BB and donīt know about peaple getting FUCKING OLD.
See ya.

So old they average better numbers than Amare, right? :lol

ArgSpursFan
WHAT?

Garnett in the Suns system would average 26-28, 16, 6, and 3 blocks. Easily. .

Yes ,He would no doubt.But for half of the regular season before he dies of a heart attac on the court in game..........51 of the reg season.

monosylab1k
See ya.

So then you'd agree that Tim Duncan is also FUCKING OLD, right? Cuz he and Garnett are the same age.

ArgSpursFan
06-21-2007, 07:47 PM
Judging from your basketball knowlege, this is probably the first time you've ever heard about Elton Brand.

Judging for the bullshits Iīve seen you write already.................you are probably 12 yrs old.

Cry Havoc
06-21-2007, 07:48 PM
Yes ,He would no doubt.But for half of the regular season before he dies of a heart attac on the court in game..........51 of the reg season.

Interesting. And where did you get your cardiology degree from? Watching bootlegged episodes of Scrubs? :lol

monosylab1k
06-21-2007, 07:49 PM
Judging for the bullshits Iīve seen you write already.................you are probably 12 yrs old.

In that case it's pretty sad that a 12 year old knows more about basketball than you do.

Cry Havoc
06-21-2007, 07:50 PM

Hey, that puts him over Amare in both IQ and maturity level, at least.

ArgSpursFan
06-21-2007, 07:50 PM
So then you'd agree that Tim Duncan is also FUCKING OLD, right? Cuz he and Garnett are the same age.

But He plays for the spurs a total diferent type of sistem.Now you saying that the spurs play like the suns do?
the more you talk the dumber you make your self look like.

BTW,the spurs could be the perfect feet for KG

monosylab1k
06-21-2007, 07:51 PM
But He plays for the spurs a total diferent type of sistem.Now you saying that the spurs play like the suns do?
the more you talk the dumber you make your self look like.

BTW,the spurs could be the perfect feet for KG

So Tim Duncan would have a heart attack playing for the Suns?

Cry Havoc
06-21-2007, 07:52 PM

Probably. The minute he saw anyone outside of Bell and Marion playing defense, he'd suffer an aneurysm.

ArgSpursFan
06-21-2007, 07:53 PM

the suns system aint for 30+yrs old guys.why?simpleĻ: they just run out of gas.
You seem not to understand facts of life.
keep on talking bullshits by yourself,Iīve got to go.
See ya.
Interesting talk.

Cleveland Steamer
06-21-2007, 07:53 PM
See ya.
Just like nash is FUCKING OLD right? But somehow he can still run around.

ArgSpursFan
06-21-2007, 07:55 PM
Just like nash is FUCKING OLD right? But somehow he can still run around.

yehs he does,and them runs out of gas by the playoffs like EVERY FUCKING YEAR HEīS BEEN WITH THE SUNS.
See the diference now?

monosylab1k
06-21-2007, 07:56 PM
the suns system aint for 30+yrs old guys.

except for the 30+ year old guy who RUNS THE ENTIRE FUCKING SYSTEM right?

You seem not to understand facts of life.

and you don't understand the facts of basketball. oh well.

monosylab1k
yehs he does,and them runs out of gas by the playoffs like EVERY FUCKING YEAR HEīS BEEN WITH THE SUNS.
See the diference now?

so get rid of old nash and the Suns won't run out of gas in the playoffs right?

Extra Stout
emmm,ok....

Donīt be silly.
I agree with those who assert that you've never seen Garnett play.

Extra Stout
06-21-2007, 07:57 PM
See the diference now?
Nash doesn't run out of gas; he runs into the Spurs.

Or, sometimes, a Spur runs into him. :spin

Cleveland Steamer
06-21-2007, 07:58 PM
See the diference now?
Ummm, did you watch Nash play the Spurs this year either?

ArgSpursFan
06-21-2007, 07:58 PM
[QUOTE=monosylab1k]except for the 30+ year old guy who RUNS THE ENTIRE FUCKING SYSTEM right?
QUOTE]
Now tell me what happens to Nash every fucking year in the playoffs.the guy is out of gas.
+KG is a 7 footer with 230 lbs on his knees,Nash is lighter and shorter,so donīt come up with pointless examples.

Extra Stout
06-21-2007, 07:59 PM
I don't know how the Spurs would ever have a chance at beating the Suns, since they could just run old, unathletic players like Tim Duncan into the ground. I bet they'd sweep the Spurs.

ArgSpursFan
06-21-2007, 07:59 PM
Nash doesn't run out of gas; he runs into the Spurs.

Or, sometimes, a Spur runs into him. :spin

Does Horry sounds familiar?????

Extra Stout
06-21-2007, 08:01 PM
[QUOTE=monosylab1k]except for the 30+ year old guy who RUNS THE ENTIRE FUCKING SYSTEM right?
QUOTE]
Now tell me what happens to Nash every fucking year in the playoffs.the guy is out of gas.
+KG is a 7 footer with 230 lbs on his knees,Nash is lighter and shorter,so donīt come up with pointless examples.
Actually it's more like 250, which is still very light for a 7-footer, and would not portend any kind of knee or ankle problems. If he weighed over 300, it might be an issue.

Just give it up. KG would have absolutely no problem playing in a high-tempo offense. You don't know what you are talking about. Concede the point and move on.

monosylab1k
06-21-2007, 08:02 PM

yeah you must have missed the point about how POINT GUARDS BREAK DOWN FASTER THAN OTHER POSITIONS but it's okay you've missed the point on a lot of things now.

E20
06-21-2007, 08:04 PM
Why does he want a team like the Suns? Why not a proven team like the Spurs? Take less money, you are a vet right KG? The Vet minimum sounds X10000 better when there is a guaranteed 10-peat attached to it.

Xylus
06-21-2007, 08:05 PM
KG for Amare straight up, I wouldn't mind. But the salaries don't match, and we wouldn't be able to afford him. Throw in Banks and then I'd consider it.

Extra Stout
06-21-2007, 08:07 PM
Why does he want a team like the Suns? Why not a proven team like the Spurs? Take less money, you are a vet right KG? The Vet minimum sounds X10000 better when there is a guaranteed 10-peat attached to it.
KG joining the Spurs would make him pass up Karl Malone and GP as the biggest gravy-trainer of all time.

If he joins the Suns, ostensibly he could be the guy who gets them over the top.

E20
06-21-2007, 08:13 PM
KG joining the Spurs would make him pass up Karl Malone and GP as the biggest gravy-trainer of all time.

If he joins the Suns, ostensibly he could be the guy who gets them over the top.
There is nothing wrong with being a literal bandwagoner. Tons of people have done it. :lol

It would honestly make me wet my paints if the day were to come when the Spurs starting frontline was Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett. :smchode: It would be better than winning a 'ship. God..............

C: Bowen(Tim doesn't like being a center :lol)
PF: Tim
SF: KG
SG: Manu
PG: Tony
:music :music :music :cooldevil :( :wakeup :hat :madrun :elephant :dramaquee

That would be the most defensvist offensive lineup in the LEAUGE. Once again: :smchode: <--- My brains would explode.

I can only dream. :dizzy :cry :( :depressed

Someone close to KG really needs to seriously tell him if he would take less money to play with the Spurs.

Warlord23
06-21-2007, 08:15 PM
I like how Suns fans in this thread say they are considering a Marion, Barbosa and Kurt Thomas trade for KG + filler, and hoping for a Minny pick on top of that. Steve Kerr would gladly give the Atlanta #1 pick along with those 3 for KG and Blount. He'd pack Marion's bags and drive him to the airport as well.

IMO McHale would be dumber than a rock if he gives up KG without getting Amare back.

And as far as talking about Amare contending for MVP every year, maybe you should do this simple calculation. Go look up the Suns' record the last 3 years when Nash sat out games. Then look up their record when Amare sat out. Then try and convince yourself about Amare's MVP-worthiness.

Johnny RIngo
06-21-2007, 08:16 PM

KG doesn't want to jump on Duncan's ship. Garnett wants to win a ring while leading the team not play the rent-a-vet role.

sutherns_finest
06-21-2007, 08:20 PM
Man, you guys are some idiots in here, The suns should trade Amare for KG.. dont you get it.. Amare is a product of the system the suns run by Nash, if nash wasnt on the team, or if Amare was on another team he wouldnt be near as good as he is. He can't get his own shot, he has to be deep in the post for a dunk or some type of lay up, or in a fast break dish by nash for his scoring, and is a liablity on the defensive end, he can block shots here and there, but thats it. He has no outside shot, no perimeter shot. On the other Hand KG is the complete opposite, and a complete playter....a great defender, and can creat his own shot in many situations. Simple as this, put Amare on the Wolves, when KG had them going to the WCF's and Amare wouldnt be crap. Your talking about Amare being the future, once nash is done, you guys are done, your system is centered around nash and what he can do. Yall need to trade Amare and get a new COACH! simple as that....

E20
06-21-2007, 08:20 PM
KG doesn't want to jump on Duncan's ship. Garnett wants to win a ring while leading the team not play the rent-a-vet role.
I'm just gonna play Devil's Advocate, because this crack pipe hallucination is really fun.

IMO He wouldn't be that type of player who tags along just to win a ring. KG would rival Tim on the team as the better player. He would make an exteremely siginficant impact on the team. Everybody's stats and TO's would sky rocket in a postive direction. Ginobili and Bowen can take a good 35 seconds to ready the three bomb, same with Fin and Barry. The lane for Tony would be wider than what's between Eva's legs. If Tim or KG were to get double teamed LMAO just give it to the other and 2 points. If this were to happen KG would glorify the Spurs into the best team of all time. They'd break every single record possible.

E20
06-21-2007, 08:26 PM
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/9139/kgtimho8.th.jpg (http://img528.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kgtimho8.jpg)

Make it happen. :smokin

I'm gonna stop now with by petty drivel. I'm praying tonight for this to happen.

Extra Stout
06-21-2007, 08:35 PM
I'm gonna stop now with by petty drivel. I'm praying tonight for this to happen.

God's answer is "no."

Johnny RIngo
06-21-2007, 08:38 PM
I'm just gonna play Devil's Advocate, because this crack pipe hallucination is really fun.

IMO He wouldn't be that type of player who tags along just to win a ring. KG would rival Tim on the team as the better player. He would make an exteremely siginficant impact on the team. Everybody's stats and TO's would sky rocket in a postive direction. Ginobili and Bowen can take a good 35 seconds to ready the three bomb, same with Fin and Barry. The lane for Tony would be wider than what's between Eva's legs. If Tim or KG were to get double teamed LMAO just give it to the other and 2 points. If this were to happen KG would glorify the Spurs into the best team of all time. They'd break every single record possible.

I never said KG wouldn't play well on the Spurs. He would probably rival Duncan in all categories. The problem lies in the fact that the Spurs are Duncan's team. TD's been here for a decade and his name is basically associated with the Spurs. KG doesn't want to jump on someone else's ship. Plus, there's the rivalry thing.

KG will never be a Spur. We don't have the pieces or the salary room. Simple as that.

JMarkJohns
06-21-2007, 08:45 PM
I like how Minnesota, potentially one year away from Garnett opting out and walking for nothing, is said to be a position where it can "demand" a player like Amare.

Give me a freakin' break. At this rate, they'll me lucky if they get anything for Garnett. If they are too picky that an offer of Marion/Thomas or Diaw/#24 or #29/2008 ATL 1st isn't enough, then screw 'em.

They wanted CAP space with the Boston trade, well, let's say they go for the Marion/Thomas scenerio, and let's say Marion does opt out as he's threatening. OK, they have 24 million off the books and still got a 1st rounder this year and a likely lottery pick next year. If they want something in return, then the Marion/Diaw scenerio would be better. While Diaw isn't the rugged force inside that Jefferson is, he's 06-07 season's numbers, when prorated to the minutes and shots he got in 05-06, are almost identical. His rebounds are down a bit, but then the Suns had more rebounding around him, so again, it's much more situation with Diaw than actual skills.

Maybe Chicago can come up with a better offer. Or, maybe Chicago struggles to find enough salary + CAP space + talent + picks to make a better offer while still having the talent to contend post-trade?

Not too many other teams have the talent/contracts/picks to make an offer.

As for Minnesota prefering to trade Garnett out of the West... Why? They aren't going to be winning or contending for anything. This isn't a Shaq to the Kings situation. They are a lottery team in the midst of rebuilding. They need the best package that allows them to do so.

da_suns_fan__
06-21-2007, 08:46 PM
I can see why Spurs fans are freaking out about this.

KG and Amare on the same team would bother Duncan on the inside. He wouldn't be able to use his height and length against KG and having Amare waiting in the wings would make things even tougher.

Bell takes Ginobili out of the game.

Basically you'd all be pinning your hopes on Parker's erratic jump shot.

Warlord23
06-21-2007, 08:51 PM
JMark, the Wolves are playing hardball with the Suns because they can get better than Marion/KT/Banks. The Lakers would send Odom/Bynum/Brown/#19, Chicago would send Deng/Gordon/PJ Brown.

JMarkJohns
06-21-2007, 09:00 PM
JMark, the Wolves are playing hardball with the Suns because they can get better than Marion/KT/Banks. The Lakers would send Odom/Bynum/Brown/#19, Chicago would send Deng/Gordon/PJ Brown.

I never mentioned Banks. I said Marion as the base, then either Diaw or Thomas, either the #24 or the #29 (depending on Diaw or Thomas) and then the 2008 Atlanta pick.

Also, if Chicago is ready to trade Deng and Gordon for Garnett, I'm not so certain Garnett wants to go to Chicago. That doesn't leave much for competing with. Sure, Hinrich, Wallace and perhaps Nocioni, but that's not Nash/Amare/Bell/Barbosa. The Laker deal is interesting, but if they trade that much for Garnett, then they are essentually Kobe/Garnett and Walton. I suppose if the Head deal goes down, that's another quality player, but they have no PG, no consistant outside shooting, and if they are sending Odom and Bynum, then most of their rebounding is gone. So Garnett is left to take arms with Kwame freakin' Brown on the boards. That's not a lot of interior strength.

Marion/Diaw/#29/2008 Atl 1st or Marion/Thomas/#24/2008 Atl 1st

That's a damn good package package. Either one.

Warlord23
06-21-2007, 09:03 PM
Chicago is deep. Even if they give up Deng and Gordon, they have:

Hinrich/Duhon/Tyrus/Ben Wallace/Thabo/Sweetney/Khryapa etc

The Lakers will have to pull something desperate to keep Kobe, this might be their only shot

kps0001
06-21-2007, 09:03 PM
yeah that's great. guess what? NOBODY in the Mavericks organization is gonna accuse Dirk of choking. Does it mean that it isn't so?

But because Jack Macallum wrote something in a book, that I feel you possibly either didn't read or read incorrectly, it is true?

Whatever, its obvious your hate for Amare is stronger than your knowledge about him. If you can't admit Dirk choked then you have even larger issues.

I understand our window is closing with Nash. I am one Suns fan that just doesn't want to sell the future in Amare. I am certainly not alone. Yes he is immature and makes some bonehead decisions and statements but those are things that can be corrected, his pure talent cannot be taught.

Maybe I am being to optimistic, I just think we can get this trade done without including Nash and Amare. Anyone else on the team is available, imo.

JMarkJohns
06-21-2007, 09:09 PM
Chicago is deep. Even if they give up Deng and Gordon, they have:

Hinrich/Duhon/Tyrus/Ben Wallace/Thabo/Sweetney/Khryapa etc

No outside shooting. Hinrich is good, but streaky. Duhon is a 30-to-33% shooter from range, Thabo is raw, Khryapa raw, Tyrus not a 3-point shooter and Sweetney rarely ever plays.

I get what you're saying, and that's a great package to offer, but if I'm Garnett, I look at who's left and hesitate because that roster looks no better than Conference Finals, and perhaps not even. You need shooting to spread the floor anymore, and with no wing who can consistantly break down a defense and score, they'll have a tough time trying to score by strictly going inside-outside and pic-n-roll.

Also, I know there's something about rights and all, but isn't Brown a FA? I've heard they have his Bird rights, but that still makes him a FA, therefore Brown would have to sign off on this trade, and I'm not sure, unless Brown was only signed for one season, why they'd take him.

Johnny RIngo
06-21-2007, 09:13 PM
I can see why Spurs fans are freaking out about this.

KG and Amare on the same team would bother Duncan on the inside. He wouldn't be able to use his height and length against KG and having Amare waiting in the wings would make things even tougher.

Bell takes Ginobili out of the game.

Basically you'd all be pinning your hopes on Parker's erratic jump shot.

Who's worried? I'm sure D'Antoni will find a way to screw this up.

LavaLamp
06-21-2007, 09:13 PM
KG has veto power over any deal since he can threaten to opt out of his contract and become a free agent in 2008-2009. That gives him a lot of say as to where he is going. It also weakens the overall bargaining position of the TWolves.

JMarkJohns
06-21-2007, 09:14 PM

:depressed Yeah...

LavaLamp
06-21-2007, 09:18 PM

Yes, you need good pieces but at the end of the day, it's the dynamics between those pieces which determines if you have a championship team.

monosylab1k
06-21-2007, 09:20 PM
If you can't admit Dirk choked then you have even larger issues.

Excuse me? I JUST SAID that Dirk choked. I'm one of the biggest Dirk critics among Mav fans on this board. Who's the one that needs to fucking read here?

monosylab1k
06-21-2007, 09:22 PM
But because Jack Macallum wrote something in a book, that I feel you possibly either didn't read or read incorrectly, it is true?

I read the book just fine. Considering he was named an assistant coach before the regular season and drove with D'Antoni and the other assistants to practices, I'd think he knows exactly what he's talking about. Funny how that when Suns fans first learned about this book, they all thought McCallum was great, but now that he's actually exposed some things about that team and showed Amare in an unflattering light, they all think he's some lying hack.

Xylus
06-21-2007, 09:27 PM
I read the book just fine. Considering he was named an assistant coach before the regular season and drove with D'Antoni and the other assistants to practices, I'd think he knows exactly what he's talking about. Funny how that when Suns fans first learned about this book, they all thought McCallum was great, but now that he's actually exposed some things about that team and showed Amare in an unflattering light, they all think he's some lying hack.
McCallum's still one of my favorite basketball writers.

But like I said, McCallum was writing about his physical rehab, not his basketball skills.

Nashfan
06-21-2007, 09:28 PM

I read somewhere that Garnett does not want to be traded to any Eastern teams and does not want to be traded to the Lakers. Cannot remember where I read this since I have been to a lot of sites today with this rumor coming down.

Warlord23
06-21-2007, 09:30 PM
No outside shooting. Hinrich is good, but streaky. Duhon is a 30-to-33% shooter from range, Thabo is raw, Khryapa raw, Tyrus not a 3-point shooter and Sweetney rarely ever plays.

I get what you're saying, and that's a great package to offer, but if I'm Garnett, I look at who's left and hesitate because that roster looks no better than Conference Finals, and perhaps not even. You need shooting to spread the floor anymore, and with no wing who can consistantly break down a defense and score, they'll have a tough time trying to score by strictly going inside-outside and pic-n-roll.

Also, I know there's something about rights and all, but isn't Brown a FA? I've heard they have his Bird rights, but that still makes him a FA, therefore Brown would have to sign off on this trade, and I'm not sure, unless Brown was only signed for one season, why they'd take him.

Hinrich is good and he doesn't take as many shots as Gordon does to warm up, plus Hinrich is the better defender. And if they want a shooter they can still swing a trade with the pieces they have. They have the Knicks pick also. It's almost unfair how many pieces they have! And I think Paxson realizes that 1 big-name star is what is needed to get out of the East. Especially considering the poor supporting cast that LeBron carried all the way to the Finals.

Kwame was extended for 07-08 IIRC. Per hoopshype he has one year remaining.

kps0001
06-21-2007, 09:44 PM

LOL...Amare wasn't even playing. He was rehabbing. He suffered some major setbacks. As someone stated before by someone else there was plenty of talking about his rehab and if he wasn't going at it 100%. However, there was just as much public chatter that he was rehabbing to hard. So, where else are you getting this "Amare has a shitty attitude" from? You are basing your opinion from statements in a book unrelated to his desire to win, his work ethic, his drive to be a better player and teammate, etc. that you have completely taken out of context.

Nobody has said McCallum is a lying hack. I thought the book was quite enlightening and enjoyable.

...and btw when I stated "if you don't think Dirk choked....." I was referring to the Mavs organization, not you personally. I understood your statement just didn't make mine to clearly.

K-State Spur
06-21-2007, 10:04 PM
I like how Minnesota, potentially one year away from Garnett opting out and walking for nothing, is said to be a position where it can "demand" a player like Amare.

Give me a freakin' break. At this rate, they'll me lucky if they get anything for Garnett. If they are too picky that an offer of Marion/Thomas or Diaw/#24 or #29/2008 ATL 1st isn't enough, then screw 'em.

They wanted CAP space with the Boston trade, well, let's say they go for the Marion/Thomas scenerio, and let's say Marion does opt out as he's threatening. OK, they have 24 million off the books and still got a 1st rounder this year and a likely lottery pick next year. If they want something in return, then the Marion/Diaw scenerio would be better. While Diaw isn't the rugged force inside that Jefferson is, he's 06-07 season's numbers, when prorated to the minutes and shots he got in 05-06, are almost identical. His rebounds are down a bit, but then the Suns had more rebounding around him, so again, it's much more situation with Diaw than actual skills.

Maybe Chicago can come up with a better offer. Or, maybe Chicago struggles to find enough salary + CAP space + talent + picks to make a better offer while still having the talent to contend post-trade?

Not too many other teams have the talent/contracts/picks to make an offer.

As for Minnesota prefering to trade Garnett out of the West... Why? They aren't going to be winning or contending for anything. This isn't a Shaq to the Kings situation. They are a lottery team in the midst of rebuilding. They need the best package that allows them to do so.

I don't think you can count on KG opting out. I have no doubts that he hates the losing, but his deal is ENORMOUS and he seems genuinely comfortable in Minnesota.

If he's traded to Phoenix and you DON'T win it all with him and Nash together next year, can he count on Sarver giving him a huge new deal and keeping the core of the team together? Is Phoenix ownership perfectly happing paying a HUGE luxury tax for a team that doesn't make the finals? Or if KG accepts a trade, could a guy who seems rather resistant to change be looking at playing for his third team in 3 years in 2008-2009?

Cry Havoc
06-21-2007, 10:29 PM
So, where else are you getting this "Amare has a shitty attitude" from?

He would rather pubescently blame the powers that be for punishing him than accept responsibility for his actions like an adult and move on? Yes, Amare, the league is just out to screw you. No one else.

He constantly whined (even recently) about how he would have made a difference in a past event and in the meantime completely blew his opportunity to make a difference in the very next game that he played in, with a short-handed opponent?

He still doesn't play a damn bit of defense? And it hasn't improved much at all since the last time the Spurs blew the Suns away?

He overexerts himself on the offensive end with "thunderous dunks" when a lay in or an easy 2 handed jam would service just fine?

http://www.nba.com/suns/news/qa_stoudemire.html

Just read this interview. I mean, WOW, redundant. It's so... I mean, just, wow, redundant! I mean, he says stuff and then he rephrases them EXACTLY THE SAME WAY and states them again! :lol

Here are some classic gems:

Question: Are you ready to handle going from a high schooler to a millionaire?

Stoudemire: I understand what’s ahead of me, which is more business. I have to accept the challenge. It was my decision, so now I’ve got to step up to it.

LOL. Yeah, being a millionaire, that's really tough. :lol

Question: Is there a player you’ve patterned your game after?

Stoudemire: Shawn Kemp was the player that I grew up watching, when he was with the SuperSonics. And after that it was it was just Shaq. Both of them are dominating dunkers. They dunk so hard and I tried to pattern my game after them.

:lol Ahhh, how times have changed. Wait.... a minute..... nevermind. :lol

Question: How would you describe your game?

Stoudemire: I would describe my game as powerful, a dunker, hard worker. But now I’m trying to add a little more to that. I’m trying to add a little perimeter game, ball handling, jump shots. Hard work pays off.

Never mentions defense ONCE in the article.

And Suns fans everywhere think he'll just pick it up as he goes along. :lmao

MrChug
06-21-2007, 10:43 PM

Spoken like a true Kings fan...someone who doesn't know it's over because FOR THEM=====it never was :hat

Borosai
06-21-2007, 10:44 PM
Bonner owns Garnett.

Gros Membres!
06-21-2007, 10:45 PM
If I were the Suns I'd let KG rot in Minny for another year. He's being making bank in Minny and will opt out next year. He'll test the FA market and I really don't see him asking for a max contract somewhere. He'll go to play with great players where he can be the missing piece to help a team win a championship.

But if I was Phoenix, I would probably offer up Marion, Diaw, and some other scrub for KG and a Minnesota pick. Why not? KG, Amare, Nash, Bell, and Barbosa is a great starting 5. Problem is they would STILL have no one on the bench. Take that back - Kurt Thomas!

JMarkJohns
06-21-2007, 10:52 PM
Kwame was extended for 07-08 IIRC. Per hoopshype he has one year remaining.

Not Kwame. PJ. You mentioned PJ in the trade. He's up. His 8-per deal ended with the season. As far as I know, he's a free agent.

I don't think you can count on KG opting out. I have no doubts that he hates the losing, but his deal is ENORMOUS and he seems genuinely comfortable in Minnesota.

I think he'd opt out. More than that, being that he's earned a boat-load of money, I think he'd opt out and sign with the best team willing to offer him the full MLE. I'm serious. I think he's done with making money, but having to cash out at the end of the regular season or the first round. He may pull a Finley. I know it's different circumstances, but he's the greatest player of his generation to NOT win a Title. He and Nash.

If he's traded to Phoenix and you DON'T win it all with him and Nash together next year, can he count on Sarver giving him a huge new deal and keeping the core of the team together? Is Phoenix ownership perfectly happing paying a HUGE luxury tax for a team that doesn't make the finals? Or if KG accepts a trade, could a guy who seems rather resistant to change be looking at playing for his third team in 3 years in 2008-2009?

Here's the thing. Every year the Suns have lost before the Finals. Every year the Suns have added talent and increased payroll. Every offseason there's rumors this is it. Every offseason the cycle starts over with the Suns failing to get to the Finals, talent being added, payroll increasing, taxes being payed and rumors circling that this is it.

Honestly, I think Sarver has now caught the "fever". I think he wants a Title. To what extent, I'm not sure, but I think he wants to win. He knows the financial benefit a Title would bring. They'd sell out every game for years. Every fan in the state would buy at least $100 dollars of merchandise. Figure there's two million or more fans, that's quite a hall.

There's reason to pay the tax.

If the Suns can actually do the Marion/Diaw/#29/2008 Atl 1st, then they'll stabalize salary-wise for a bit. This was the last of their rookie-scale-to-extension jumps in payroll.

BillsCarnage
06-21-2007, 10:55 PM
If I were the Suns I'd let KG rot in Minny for another year. He's being making bank in Minny and will opt out next year. He'll test the FA market and I really don't see him asking for a max contract somewhere. He'll go to play with great players where he can be the missing piece to help a team win a championship.

But if I was Phoenix, I would probably offer up Marion, Diaw, and some other scrub for KG and a Minnesota pick. Why not? KG, Amare, Nash, Bell, and Barbosa is a great starting 5. Problem is they would STILL have no one on the bench. Take that back - Kurt Thomas!

Don't forget James Jones and there's talk of Grant Hill showing interest as well. For a minimum or half the MLE I'd sign him for 2.

Also, the other rumor is Diaw and this years #1's to the Clips for Magette and their #14.

I've never been a big fan of the KG/Amare duo because they both need the ball inside to be effective. But at this point w/ 3 straight fizzles I'm up for anything that could push them over.

Marion, Barbosa and ATL's #1 pick for KG would be nice. That would allow the Suns to then make the trade w/ Diaw to the Clips. After that they go sign Grant Hill and some other serviceable bench players.

The rotation could be something like:
KG
Amare
Hill
Bell
Nash
Magette
Jones
KT - likely traded at deadline?
#14 pick

Maybe one more serviceable player for a solid 10 man rotation; the rest would be scrubs.

JMarkJohns
06-21-2007, 11:24 PM
Don't forget James Jones and there's talk of Grant Hill showing interest as well. For a minimum or half the MLE I'd sign him for 2.

Also, the other rumor is Diaw and this years #1's to the Clips for Magette and their #14.

I've never been a big fan of the KG/Amare duo because they both need the ball inside to be effective. But at this point w/ 3 straight fizzles I'm up for anything that could push them over.

Marion, Barbosa and ATL's #1 pick for KG would be nice. That would allow the Suns to then make the trade w/ Diaw to the Clips. After that they go sign Grant Hill and some other serviceable bench players.

The rotation could be something like:
KG
Amare
Hill
Bell
Nash
Magette
Jones
KT - likely traded at deadline?
#14 pick

Maybe one more serviceable player for a solid 10 man rotation; the rest would be scrubs.

That's great, but... and I hate to say it...

For money reasons, either Thomas or Diaw will have to be included in any Garnett trade, whether it's Marion as the main, or Amare. So the Suns can't keep both, plus get PG.

Also, the Maggette trade doesn't work. Diaw is base-year comp, so only 4.5 million of his 9 million earned next year counts in any trade. Maggette makes 8+ million. So, either the Suns include James Jones, which isn't too much, and maybe keep #29, or this deal doesn't float.

Let's just say the Timberwolves bit on Marion/Thomas/2008 Atl 1st, and the Clippers bite on Diaw/Jones/#24 for Maggette/#14, and Hill signs for the veterans min... the best they have is...

Nash, Bell, Barbosa, Banks for the guards.
Maggette, Hill for the wings
Garnett, Amare for the bigs

They'd also have, in said scenerio, the #14 pick and the #29 pick. and again, this is BEST CASE...

I suppose they draft a big at #14, but even if they do, how much time do you figure him to get? D'Antoni has never been one to play a bench or rookies. I figure they take best available at #29, with a lean towards a big man or PG. Either would have to be skilled enough to play right away.

Also, they are rumored to like free agent PG Travis Diener with part of their MLE. I like that, but only to an extent.

So, let's say...

PG: Nash... Diener, Banks
SG: Bell, Barbosa
SF: Maggette, Hill... Bell
PF: Garnett... #14 (McRoberts, Splitter or Thornton)
C: Amare... #29 (Sean Williams, Gasol or Fazekas)

It looks great, but it's got some serious frontline holes. I'd love to get Williams and McRoberts. Inside/outside, passing/scoring from McRoberts and rebounding/blocked shots from Williams.

However, this is heavily delusional :)

BeerIsGood!
06-22-2007, 12:14 AM
Not Kwame. PJ. You mentioned PJ in the trade. He's up. His 8-per deal ended with the season. As far as I know, he's a free agent.

I think he'd opt out. More than that, being that he's earned a boat-load of money, I think he'd opt out and sign with the best team willing to offer him the full MLE. I'm serious. I think he's done with making money, but having to cash out at the end of the regular season or the first round. He may pull a Finley. I know it's different circumstances, but he's the greatest player of his generation to NOT win a Title. He and Nash.

Here's the thing. Every year the Suns have lost before the Finals. Every year the Suns have added talent and increased payroll. Every offseason there's rumors this is it. Every offseason the cycle starts over with the Suns failing to get to the Finals, talent being added, payroll increasing, taxes being payed and rumors circling that this is it.

Honestly, I think Sarver has now caught the "fever". I think he wants a Title. To what extent, I'm not sure, but I think he wants to win. He knows the financial benefit a Title would bring. They'd sell out every game for years. Every fan in the state would buy at least $100 dollars of merchandise. Figure there's two million or more fans, that's quite a hall.

There's reason to pay the tax.

If the Suns can actually do the Marion/Diaw/#29/2008 Atl 1st, then they'll stabalize salary-wise for a bit. This was the last of their rookie-scale-to-extension jumps in payroll.

Finley's still making 17 or 18 mil + from Cuban so he's not taking less money, just a lot less from the Spurs.

Garnett wouldn't take the MLE from anyone, and for him to go to Phoenix the Suns' lineup would have to be blown up with Amare and Marion probably gone. That ends Suns' ball as we know it and they would have to start over. I doubt they do that.

Borosai
06-22-2007, 12:23 AM
If the Suns can manage to get Garnett and keep Amare, that would indeed be a scary frontline. However, like I said, Bonner owns Garnett, and Duncan owns everyone else, so it won't be that bad. :cheer

jbspurs
06-22-2007, 12:26 AM

Really? thats what everybody said after the Lakers got Malone and GP. Same with the Spurs after signing Finley. Strong contender.. I agree. But, over I don't think so!!!!!

TDMVPDPOY
06-22-2007, 12:31 AM
imo the wolves doesnt need to show KG loyalty, its business.

johngateswhiteley
06-22-2007, 01:02 AM
i'd trade Amare for KG, especially when you consider Nash isn't getting any younger. gotta try and win it in the next 2-3 years...

JMarkJohns
06-22-2007, 01:08 AM
Finley's still making 17 or 18 mil + from Cuban so he's not taking less money, just a lot less from the Spurs.

I know, but he took a significant amount less to play for the Spurs over the Heat and the Suns. Each of the latter teams were offering deals for close to the full MLE over several years. He signed with the Spurs for roughly half the amount because of their Title prowess.

Garnett wouldn't take the MLE from anyone, and for him to go to Phoenix the Suns' lineup would have to be blown up with Amare and Marion probably gone. That ends Suns' ball as we know it and they would have to start over. I doubt they do that.

Then why even talk of opting out? If he's not going to sign with a contending team for the MLE, then he may as well just rot in Minny for the remainder of his productive career. No contending team will have the CAP space to sign him to a MAX contract and he's no longer a player that can single handedly make a team a contender.

Also, it wouldn't cost Phoenix both Amare and Marion. If the Suns happened to bite the bullet and traded Amare for Garnett, it would likely be an Amare/Banks for Garnett type deal.

This deal gives them a frontcourt rotation of Garnett, Marion, Diaw, Thomas, plus a few late-1sts. Throw in Nash, Bell, Barbosa and Jones on the wings, and you have plenty to contend with.

SpursIndonesia
06-22-2007, 02:03 AM
First of all,you usually donīt give up a young talented big man like Amare for a Guard or a SF,unless is M.J.
Them:
Amare>Yao
Amare<Duncan,but way younger and with time to keep developing his skills.
and Iīm counting Dirk as a long SF.

So,I wouldnt trade an old Garnett for a young Amare+a young Barbosa.HELL NO!

Yao is as good/valuable as Amare, if not slightly better. Amare's much more explosive & agile, yet he can't create his own offense. Defensively, Amare's simply a dead weight, while with Yao, atleast you can expect a good effort in help defense -while his one on one D sucks against smaller & more agile player, his positional D's quite good. Rebounding & stamina wise, Amare's better.

KG & Nash would simply make the Suns an even better contender for a short term -2 to 4 yrs of championship window. Ofcourse, Amare's a better investment longterm wise, but IMHO Nash is not getting any younger & the Suns best time to grab championship is NOW (Lebron getting better & potential Portland future uber team should be considered strongly).

SpursIndonesia
06-22-2007, 02:08 AM

25.3 pts
12.1 reb
52.2% FG
77% FT
1.9 blk

KG doesn't have a 2 times MVP quarter backing his team -with a plethora of good players around the team, and he doesn't play in a nitro boosted offense team that inflates your stats.

SpursIndonesia
06-22-2007, 02:12 AM
that would be an upgrade for phoenix's defense, but a downgrade on offense. there goes all of phoenix's inside scoring.

Nope, Amare's IS NOT a post player who can create his own offense like TD, Hakeem, or Yao. A pick & roll beetween KG & Nash would be just as good, if not even better since KG's a bonafide 3 pts threat that can further the pick & roll spot and increase its effectiveness -since KG's still quite athletic in rolling to the basket & Nash would really appreciate the opened lane out of that offensive scheme.

SpursIndonesia
06-22-2007, 02:14 AM

Agreed.

WIN NOW ! Sincerely, the Heat.

Bear Grylls
06-22-2007, 02:17 AM
if not even better since KG's a bonafide 3 pts threat

SpursIndonesia
06-22-2007, 02:24 AM

Even better, KG would be the most ideal frontcourt tandem for Marion, since KG has plenty of perimeter skills compared to Amare, would give more space inside for Marion to roam freely. I can see some high low game beetween KG & Marion if they're in the same team, awesome pair. It would also allow the Suns to play a more prototypical center in the middle -if the Suns could somehow get Camby, oh boy !!
:downspin:

SpursIndonesia
06-22-2007, 02:35 AM

Well, he's no Dirk, but i bet my rear that he will humiliate Amare in 3 pt shooting duel.

KG : 28.9 % career 3pt FG pct (164-567)
Amare : 17.1 % career 3pt FG pct (6-35)

:donkey

SpursIndonesia
06-22-2007, 03:04 AM

Atleast Duncan already has 4 jewelleries in his fingers as the high mark of his achievement, and the Spurs already got 4 championships in their pockets. What's the high mark of Amare's achievement and the throphy collection on your team hall ? :lol

Switchman
06-22-2007, 03:45 AM
All great teams come to an end. The only difference is that the Spurs will have 5+ rings once Duncan retires...

and the Suns will have none as they waive Nash goodbye.

I just want to see KG out of Minn. Fuck money-you've made $100mil+, get your chance at a ring KG.

SpursIndonesia
06-22-2007, 04:12 AM

In the next 10 yrs, Lebron could have found a midrange jumper & consistency, turning into a new Jordan-Magic hybrid in a steroid pumped physique. Portland could have turned into a dynasty. The Suns already have an MVP, 2 times winner one indeed, It would be a shame to waste his golden age for a long term plan that counts on an unproven star bigman.

SRJ
06-22-2007, 04:27 AM
In weighing this trade possibility, consider what each man's strengths and weaknesses are in relation to the other:

Interior Scoring
Amare>>Garnett

Perimeter Scoring
Garnett>>>>Amare (though Amare seems to be improving here)

Rebounding
Garnett>>>Amare (with his size and athleticism, Amare should be a more effective rebounder)

Passing
Garnett>>>>>>>Amare (this would be a huge benefit for Phoenix)

Defense
Garnett>>>>>>>>Amare (another big plus for Phoenix)

Durability
Garnett>>Amare (Amare has already missed one year, Garnett has been rock-solid. Considering the type of game he plays, I think Kevin Garnett could play another 4-5 years at his current level. I have doubts that Amare can do the same, despite his big age advantage)

Individual Excellence
Garnett>>>>>>>>>>Amare (a very subjective evaluation, I know. But Garnett has been one of the top five players in the world for many years and won an MVP award while surrounded by a lot of mediocre teammates. Amare has been brilliant playing with Shawn Marion, a player who has made several All-Star teams, and two-time MVP Steve Nash. Would Amare Stoudamire have done as well in Minnesota as KG has?)

In my view, Garnett is a more versatile, more intelligent, more disciplined, and more poised player than Amare Stoudamire is. No way in hell Garnett leaves the bench during the Nash-Horry thing, and he likely would have restrained Diaw as well.

Of course, I see the downside for Phoenix. But I think the potential downside is greater if they pass on this.

SpursIndonesia
06-22-2007, 04:37 AM
so get rid of old nash and the Suns won't run out of gas in the playoffs right?

Agreed, Marcus Banks is still quite young, right ? Or how about sending Nash to Minnesota instead, for Randy Foye + filler, so that the Suns can have their DYNASTY with MVP Amare in the next 10 yrs.

Monosylabik, ClevelandSteamer, & Cry Havoc, i'll give you all the :toast for some butt spanking and bondage education in this thread toward some ignorasmus twat. :clap

SpursIndonesia
06-22-2007, 04:53 AM
One thing that need to be straightened. If KG's willing to take just MLE money after his current contract end, as the base of thought that Minny doesn't really have the pawn to play hardball in his future whereabout, then what makes any of you think that he WON'T consider playing with the Spurs, or Mavs, instead of Suns, in his elusive championship aspiration chase ?? Heck, Lebron is a much better magnet for him to play with than Nash IMHO -can't miss playing with the next great stuff.

SpursIndonesia
06-22-2007, 05:02 AM
I know, but he took a significant amount less to play for the Spurs over the Heat and the Suns. Each of the latter teams were offering deals for close to the full MLE over several years. He signed with the Spurs for roughly half the amount because of their Title prowess.

Then why even talk of opting out? If he's not going to sign with a contending team for the MLE, then he may as well just rot in Minny for the remainder of his productive career. No contending team will have the CAP space to sign him to a MAX contract and he's no longer a player that can single handedly make a team a contender.

Also, it wouldn't cost Phoenix both Amare and Marion. If the Suns happened to bite the bullet and traded Amare for Garnett, it would likely be an Amare/Banks for Garnett type deal.

This deal gives them a frontcourt rotation of Garnett, Marion, Diaw, Thomas, plus a few late-1sts. Throw in Nash, Bell, Barbosa and Jones on the wings, and you have plenty to contend with.

First, AFAIK, Finley's contract in 2005 is not dictated by the amount of money he got from the team he signed in for. Say he got full MLE from the Heat -should he have chosen them that summer- then he'll receive LESS money from the Mavs proportional to what he got from the Heat -the total amount would still be the same.

Second, the SPURS would have a considerable amount of cap space in summer 2008, should they prefer to take that path. Not a max money, but certainly more than any MLE that the Suns could offer, and the chance to play with the Spurs BIG three, which is BETTER than what your team line up could have offered in the first place.

And if i'm not mistaken, Orlando's quite warm, and Josh Howard would certainly appreciate KG presence there.
:clap

RonMexico
06-22-2007, 07:17 AM
If Suns get #14 pick, they better not get any of the people JMark listed... Josh McRoberts over Acie Law? The Suns finally getting a PG with some balls who can run the offense better than Barbosa?

IS EVERYONE FORGETTING that Barbosa did NOT show up at all for the Spurs series?? They need a backup PG in there who isn't trying to jack up 3 pointers every time or driving right into Tim Duncan.

ArgSpursFan
06-22-2007, 07:44 AM
i'd trade Amare for KG, especially when you consider Nash isn't getting any younger. gotta try and win it in the next 2-3 years...

Neither is Garnett.If Kerr trades KG for Amare Heīll become the dumbest GM for the next 10 yrs in the NBA,just behind the Lakers GM.

Taco
06-22-2007, 07:58 AM
Phoenix with Amare scare's me more than Pheonix with KG

ArgSpursFan
06-22-2007, 08:20 AM
Phoenix with Amare scare's me more than Pheonix with KG

thatīs what Iīve been trying to explain these Kids in this thread,but they seem to think that great players last forever.If that the case letīs bring DRob back. :lol

I say the only team that would take KG is the Lakers,and that would make Kobe stay there for atleast 2 more years.
Other teams will have to give up to much in order to get a 30+guy.It would be deferent if it is D.Howard and not KG,them I would give up Amare and Barbosa+draft picks+whatever the Magics would want.

monosylab1k
06-22-2007, 08:36 AM
So, where else are you getting this "Amare has a shitty attitude" from? You are basing your opinion from statements in a book unrelated to his desire to win, his work ethic, his drive to be a better player and teammate, etc. that you have completely taken out of context.

That explains why Amare has publicly disparaged McCallum for what he wrote about him.

ArgSpursFan
06-22-2007, 08:41 AM
That explains why Amare has publicly disparaged McCallum for what he wrote about him.

yeah,and donīt forget the Black Jesus tatto.................

monosylab1k
06-22-2007, 08:41 AM
Neither is Garnett.If Kerr trades KG for Amare Heīll become the dumbest GM for the next 10 yrs in the NBA,just behind the Lakers GM.

THe fact that you named Mitch Kupchak as the worst GM shows what a moron you are. He's not great, but he's far better than Billy Knight or Kevin McHale or Danny Ainge. I won't even bother seeing if you know what teams those guys are GM's for because I doubt you've ever heard of those guys.

"Kevin Garnett can't handle a fast paced offense" :lmao :lmao

ArgSpursFan
06-22-2007, 08:48 AM

emmmmm,for the untire reg season+playoffs
Hell NOO.
listen,get over with the KG pimpin shit.He is a good player,but It takes a dumbfuck like you,to trade Him for one of the best big man in the league(and still young) +the 6 st. man of the year(still young).
If kerr do that trade heīll be putting a team together for the next 10 yrs for the T-volves not the Suns.

SRJ
06-22-2007, 08:53 AM
Why do you suppose 31 years old is near death, ArgSpursFan?

Hakeem Olajuwon was 31 and 32 in the back to back years he won titles.

Karl Malone was 34 when he won his first MVP, 36 with his second.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was 38 when he won the Finals MVP in 1985.

Michael Jordan was 33, 34, 35 when he won his last three titles.

Kevin Garnett has at least a few elite-level seasons left.

ArgSpursFan
06-22-2007, 08:58 AM
Why do you suppose 31 years old is near death, ArgSpursFan?

Hakeem Olajuwon was 31 and 32 in the back to back years he won titles.

Karl Malone was 34 when he won his first MVP, 36 with his second.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was 38 when he won the Finals MVP in 1985.

Michael Jordan was 33, 34, 35 when he won his last three titles.

Kevin Garnett has at least a few elite-level seasons left.

Iīm not saying near dead,at all.Iīm saying that I wouldnīt trade 2 of the most young talented players in the league,for KG.
Garnett has at most 5 more years in his carreer,and maybe 2 yrs at a high level,in the long run that trade will hurt the Suns.
But if the player is someone else Not Amare,Iīd do it.
I love KG,but Letīs be realistic,Amare has at least 10 yrs of High level BB.
Now Amare and KG in the same team would be defenetly scary though.

Don Quixote
06-22-2007, 09:25 AM
I totally understand why the S0ns would want to make this trade. If I'm them, I do it.

They think they can win the title NOW. Future schmuture. So what if Nash and KG are in their early 30's. In 5 years it won't matter. If they're this close, as they allegedly are, they need to put their chips in the middle of the table and win it now.

Best case scenario, they still lose to the Spurs in the playoffs, and cry about how Stern engineered the trade that screwed them up.

ArgSpursFan
06-22-2007, 09:28 AM
I totally understand why the S0ns would want to make this trade. If I'm them, I do it.

They think they can win the title NOW. Future schmuture. So what if Nash and KG are in their early 30's. In 5 years it won't matter. If they're this close, as they allegedly are, they need to put their chips in the middle of the table and win it now.

Best case scenario, they still lose to the Spurs in the playoffs, and cry about how Stern engineered the trade that screwed them up.

it could be.But I havenīt heart Kerr saying he would do it.
So for now itīs all speculations.

monosylab1k
06-22-2007, 09:29 AM
They think they can win the title NOW. Future schmuture.

Exactly.

Most won't admit it, but EVERY Mavericks fan thought that we had a guaranteed title last season as soon as we beat the Spurs. After that didn't work out, we thought our title was simply a year delayed, as nothing would stop us this year. Wrong again. Turns out that might be our only trip to the Finals with this team.

The only people that talk about playing for the "future" are losers. If you have the talent, you go for it now and worry about the future later.

Don Quixote
06-22-2007, 09:30 AM
THe fact that you named Mitch Kupchak as the worst GM shows what a moron you are. He's not great, but he's far better than Billy Knight or Kevin McHale or Danny Ainge. I won't even bother seeing if you know what teams those guys are GM's for because I doubt you've ever heard of those guys.

Agree with Mavs Fan here. Kupchak is pretty bad, but he's not even close to the élite status reached by Billy King, Isiah Thomas, Billy Knight, Ainge, or the guy running Cleveland's front office. Those guys have run potentially very good teams into the ground with their disasterous work.

And don't discount McHale's ability to pull a terrible trade ... Kurt Thomas for KG, straight-up, for instance.

ArgSpursFan
06-22-2007, 09:35 AM
Exactly.

Most won't admit it, but EVERY Mavericks fan thought that we had a guaranteed title last season as soon as we beat the Spurs. After that didn't work out, we thought our title was simply a year delayed, as nothing would stop us this year. Wrong again. Turns out that might be our only trip to the Finals with this team.

The only people that talk about playing for the "future" are losers. If you have the talent, you go for it now and worry about the future later.

you mean that one game Crawford stole us ejecting Duncan in the 4rd quarter for SMILLING????? :lol
yeah,right.

ArgSpursFan
06-22-2007, 09:37 AM
Agree with Mavs Fan here. Kupchak is pretty bad, but he's not even close to the élite status reached by Billy King, Isiah Thomas, Billy Knight, Ainge, or the guy running Cleveland's front office. Those guys have run potentially very good teams into the ground with their disasterous work.

And don't discount McHale's ability to pull a terrible trade ... Kurt Thomas for KG, straight-up, for instance.

but you and me know that wont happen,even on Kerrīs best dreams.

Don Quixote
06-22-2007, 09:41 AM
I'll have to give Kerr the advantage on this one. Until he proves otherwise (e.g., signing Vin Baker to a 6-yr., $50mill contract), I'm more confident in his ability to make a deal than McHale's.

Shred
06-22-2007, 09:46 AM
Iīm not saying near dead,at all.Iīm saying that I wouldnīt trade 2 of the most young talented players in the league,for KG.
Garnett has at most 5 more years in his carreer,and maybe 2 yrs at a high level,in the long run that trade will hurt the Suns.
But if the player is someone else Not Amare,Iīd do it.
I love KG,but Letīs be realistic,Amare has at least 10 yrs of High level BB.
Now Amare and KG in the same team would be defenetly scary though.

I agree. KG for Amare, NO. KG for Marion, YES.

Don Quixote
06-22-2007, 09:48 AM
I agree. KG for Amare, NO. KG for Marion, YES.

I think you've hit it on the head. To wit ...

McHale: We'll give you KG ... for Amare.

Kerr: No!

monosylab1k
06-22-2007, 10:14 AM
you mean that one game Crawford stole us ejecting Duncan in the 4rd quarter for SMILLING????? :lol
yeah,right.

ummm no I was talking about beating you guys last season in the WCSF. I figured that would have been clear when i wote that part that said "last year"

Magic_Johnson
06-22-2007, 10:47 AM

25.3 pts
12.1 reb
52.2% FG
77% FT
1.9 blk

KG is more a team player than amare. He will fit better with the suns' style of play. Amare has no passing game.

JMarkJohns
06-22-2007, 10:54 AM
If Suns get #14 pick, they better not get any of the people JMark listed... Josh McRoberts over Acie Law? The Suns finally getting a PG with some balls who can run the offense better than Barbosa?

IS EVERYONE FORGETTING that Barbosa did NOT show up at all for the Spurs series?? They need a backup PG in there who isn't trying to jack up 3 pointers every time or driving right into Tim Duncan.

First off, about the picks, if you cared to notice, it was a BEST CASE hypothetical. Second, if you looked at the pre-pick roster, you'd see a VERY thin frontcourt rotation. I love Law. However, I'm not certain they could win with just Garnett/Amare or Garnett/Marion/Thomas. They need some depth. In case of fouls/injury...

If there were any quality big men available via free agency, and the Suns happened to get Maggette, and then drafted Law at #14, then sure. But who are these quality frontliners? There really aren't any. Not for cheap, so it's best if the Suns add some cheap wing depth via free agency, then address their frontcourt depth via the draft.

This all assumes the BEST CASE scenerio goes down, which it won't.

Findog
06-22-2007, 10:55 AM
KG is more a team player than amare. He will fit better with the suns' style of play. Amare has no passing game.

Amare-KG is the more desirable pairing than Marion-KG. All the things Amare doesn't do well, KG can do. The Suns should at least try to entice Minnesota with a package centered around Marion, Diaw, Barbosa before biting the bullet and exhanging Stoudemire. Nash and Amare on the pick and roll is pretty much unstoppable.

Warlord23
06-22-2007, 10:56 AM
I think the pro-Amare folks in this thread (especially ArgSpursFan) are assuming that an Amare/Barbosa led team will contend for the title once Nash retires.

Without Nash, the Suns are 4-11 in the last 3 seasons.

If the Suns think Amare without a premier set-up man can lead them to a title in a loaded conference, they'd need a new coach, a radically different offensive system, a steep rise in Amare's defense, post moves and IQ and a lot of luck. An Amare/Barbosa/Marion/Bell/Jones line-up may get past the Lakers/Warriors/Nuggets. But it's not good enough to get past the Spurs/Mavs/Jazz/Rockets.

Whereas Nash, without Amare, carried the Suns to the WCF and took the Mavs to 6 games in 05-06.

I say this again: unless the Suns attract a big-money free agent (note that they have a big payroll already) to replace Nash, or get a gem or two out of the 2008 draft, their championship window ends with Nash's decline. That's 2 years. And KG >> Amare for the next 2 years.