PDA

View Full Version : The BS Report

Spurminator
06-21-2007, 07:54 PM
A 44-minute Bill Simmons interview with Ric Bucher????

This is one of the greatest things on the Internet.

da_suns_fan__
06-21-2007, 08:41 PM
A 44-minute Bill Simmons interview with Ric Bucher????

This is one of the greatest things on the Internet.

I loved every minute of it.

zekes
06-21-2007, 09:14 PM
i enjoyed it...i just dont understand why they advocate turning the NBA into baseball by eliminating the luxury tax.

K-State Spur
06-21-2007, 10:09 PM
I enjoy Simmons greatly, but I do get a little sick of his nostalgia. He remembers things wayyyyy better than they actually were.

For example, he complains that there were only 2-3 good series in this year's playoffs. Well, that's pretty much the way things were back in his glorious 80s as well. The big difference was that there were 2 dominant teams in the league - one played in the east and one played in the west - so you had a good finals to look forward to.

Then he and Bucher complain about a system that doesn't allow the Lakers to spend everybody else into oblivion. Yeah, competitive balance is such a bad thing...

K-State Spur
06-21-2007, 10:12 PM
i enjoyed it...i just dont understand why they advocate turning the NBA into baseball by eliminating the luxury tax.

Agreed. The odd thing is that baseball is trying to get to an NBA style economic system in increments. If it weren't for the Yankees and the power of the players union, baseball's powers that be would add a salary cap and a dollar for dollar tax yesterday.