PDA

View Full Version : Who is with me?

Marcus Bryant
06-21-2007, 09:01 PM
http://laura-knight-jadczyk.com/images/john_f_kennedy.jpg

And so, my fellow Spurs fans, ask not what SpursTalk.com can do for you; ask what you can do for SpursTalk.com.

Not only is SpursTalk.com the premier internet discussion home for Spurs fans, it is the best NBA fan site in existence. Kori and LJ have invested heavily of their time and $ to make this happen. The amount of traffic they receive here daily is extremely valuable. Yet where are the ads? They have stayed true to us when they could have easily sold out. In addition, this is one of the most lightly moderated forums I've ever seen. Free expression is not an afterthought here.

So, fellow Spurs and NBA fans, Marcus Bryant now brings before you a proposition. Let's do our part to make SpursTalk.com the premier online home for basketball discussion on the internets. We represent a unique blend of talents and perspectives from all over the planet. I believe over 30 countries are represented here among our membership.

What I propose is that we elevate our game. We have the breadth and depth to cover the game of basketball like it's never been covered before. Be it the threads you post or the replies you make, elevate. If you think of something that hasn't been done in the forum, do it.

Just like a small market team from South Texas now rules the NBA, so can SpursTalk.com rule the online basketball world. Are you with me?

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/Banner_ST_V2_SPAM.jpg

And yes, I have been drinking.

-MB

El_Mago
06-21-2007, 09:04 PM
Let's do it.

Darkwaters
06-21-2007, 09:05 PM
Go Spurstalk Go

duncan228
06-21-2007, 09:06 PM
Don't know if I can elevate but I can agree.
Kori and LJ have created the only place to be.

Steve-O-Matic
06-21-2007, 09:12 PM
You seriously need to get a life.

Marcus Bryant
06-21-2007, 09:15 PM
Many enjoy the forum, but few will do the heavy lifting.

If we compared lives, yours would pale.

Now who is ready to carry this forum to the next level?

td4mvp3
06-21-2007, 09:15 PM
You seriously need to get a life.
:lol
i do enjoy his enthusiasm, though.

td4mvp3
06-21-2007, 09:16 PM
Many enjoy the forum, but few contribute.

Now who is ready to carry this forum to the next level?
what's that mean, exactly?

Marcus Bryant
06-21-2007, 09:17 PM
what's that mean, exactly?

Too many Bogarts and not enough Bowens, Elies, or Obertos.

td4mvp3
06-21-2007, 09:20 PM
Too many Bogarts and not enough Bowens, Elies, or Obertos.
no, dude, seriously, what more are you hoping folks do?

Marcus Bryant
06-21-2007, 09:22 PM
How about find ways to contribute instead of question?

Clutch20
06-21-2007, 09:26 PM
I defend this forum and it's Spurs followers from it's detractors as best I can. I make it a point never to "go after" family members here. I do look up to the collective BB IQ level at ST and make efforts to promulgate my philosophy and stance as a diehard Spurs longtimer, bless my poor and sometimes neglected wife who is also a longtime Spurs fan (by proxy1)
I'm wid ya

dirk4mvp.
06-21-2007, 10:53 PM

And so, my fellow Spurs fans, ask not what SpursTalk.com can do for you; ask what you can do for SpursTalk.com.

Wasn't he shot after making that statement?

BeerIsGood!
06-21-2007, 11:40 PM
hmm, Am I a bogart or Oberto? Tough questions...

mikeanthony21
06-21-2007, 11:58 PM

Not only is SpursTalk.com the premier internet discussion home for Spurs fans, it is the best NBA fan site in existence. Kori and LJ have invested heavily of their time and $ to make this happen. The amount of traffic they receive here daily is extremely valuable. Yet where are the ads? They have stayed true to us when they could have easily sold out. In addition, this is one of the most lightly moderated forums I've ever seen. Free expression is not an afterthought here.

So, fellow Spurs and NBA fans, Marcus Bryant now brings before you a proposition. Let's do our part to make SpursTalk.com the premier online home for basketball discussion on the internets. We represent a unique blend of talents and perspectives from all over the planet. I believe over 30 countries are represented here among our membership.

What I propose is that we elevate our game. We have the breadth and depth to cover the game of basketball like it's never been covered before. Be it the threads you post or the replies you make, elevate. If you think of something that hasn't been done in the forum, do it.

Just like a small market team from South Texas now rules the NBA, so can SpursTalk.com rule the online basketball world. Are you with me?

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/Banner_ST_V2_SPAM.jpg

-MB

What do you suggest? :reading

TampaDude
06-22-2007, 12:02 AM

:lmao

dbreiden83080
06-22-2007, 12:03 AM
There is no doubt this place is the best there is on the NET for NBA talk. Every year fans from other teams come here and marvel at how great this place is and whine about how their forum sucks compared to this. Kori and LJ were so great giving the Kings and Piston fans a place to call home as well as a part of Spurszone.

=RTM=
06-22-2007, 08:35 AM

-MB

Now that your sober, do you still feel the same?

You can blame beer for this topic, but in order to make 200 draft topics?
you have to blame the Meth!

Marcus Bryant
06-22-2007, 08:51 AM
Yes mouse, I feel the same.

It wasn't meth, but gin, vermouth, and beer.

polandprzem
06-22-2007, 08:55 AM
Who is Marcus Bryant?

Ban him from this site, we don't need him here

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-22-2007, 03:15 PM
Who is Marcus Bryant?

Ban him from this site, we don't need him here

Shit, ten "yous" aren't worth one MB.

td4mvp3
06-22-2007, 03:46 PM
i'd still like to know but gave up trying to get a better understanding. hell, most of the threads on this board start as questions.

td4mvp3
06-22-2007, 03:47 PM
hmm, Am I a bogart or Oberto? Tough questions...
exactly.

=RTM=
06-22-2007, 04:21 PM
I hate dudes that don't share, MB wants to keep his ICE connections to himself? that's cool with me, maybe he needs every gram he can get his hands on to make all his draft topics, but JT has not answered any of my PMs after he goes to the GTG with the best knock out smoke not seen since Wily Nelson played at the SBC center.
The smoke was so good it would have made Cheech and Chong want to reunite and make another up in smoke movie. To me that is just plain rude, and I will let him know next time I see his tight no sharing,pork skin eating ass passed out on Kori's couch.

FromWayDowntown
06-22-2007, 04:23 PM
I was momentarily pumped when I read MB's plea, but on further reflection, I plan on maintaining my regular level of drivel.

Marcus Bryant
06-22-2007, 04:26 PM

Elevate the quality of what is posted. If there is something you feel the forum hasn't covered, provide it.

Oh, and no more posts about how ESPN hates the Spurs or whatever.

More basketball. Less static.

And less whining.

Thanks.

-MB

Marcus Bryant
06-22-2007, 04:27 PM
I was momentarily pumped when I read MB's plea, but on further reflection, I plan on maintaining my regular level of drivel.

Unfortunately FWD is the exception and not the rule.

Solid D
06-22-2007, 04:29 PM
...and don't forget Sequ's "SpursTalk Etiquette". :smokin

Marcus Bryant
06-22-2007, 04:30 PM
...and don't forget Sequ's "SpursTalk Etiquette". :smokin

Less "corn", more fiber, as it were.

ShoogarBear
06-22-2007, 04:30 PM
I was momentarily pumped when I read MB's plea, but on further reflection, I plan on maintaining my regular level of drivel.:lmao

polandprzem
06-23-2007, 02:51 AM
Shit, ten "yous" aren't worth one MB.

Don't get so excited Johhny

BradLohaus
06-23-2007, 02:56 AM
In addition, this is one of the most lightly moderated forums I've ever seen. Free expression is not an afterthought here.

That is very true, and its great.

caŽlo
06-23-2007, 04:29 AM
Elevate the quality of what is posted. If there is something you feel the forum hasn't covered, provide it.

Oh, and no more posts about how ESPN hates the Spurs or whatever.

More basketball. Less static.

And less whining.

Thanks.

-MB

goodluck with that.

believe it or not,

those "fire pop", "trade tp", "spurs are old" threads, etc etc everytime the spurs lose is part of what spurstalk.com really is.

though sometimes it can be irritating.