PDA

View Full Version : Girl's feet severed on ride at Six Flags

thepeopleslawyer
06-21-2007, 09:03 PM
(CNN) -- A girl's feet were cut off Thursday when a free-fall thrill ride malfunctioned at the Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom Amusement Park in Louisville, Kentucky, police said.

A cord wrapped around the 16-year-old's feet and severed them at her ankles while she was on the "Superman Tower of Power," a police dispatcher said. The girl was taken to a local hospital.

The incident took place shortly before 5 p.m. ET, according to Six Flags spokeswoman Wendy Goldberg. The park remained open, but the ride in question was shut down and will remain so until the full investigation is complete, Goldberg said.

During the ride, passengers are lifted to 177 feet, suspended momentarily and then dropped, according to the park's Web site.

Passengers drop 154 feet at 54 mph, stopping "just 20 terrifying feet above the pavement," it adds.

"Feel the adrenalin rush of rapid ascent to the dizzying summit. That's when the Kryptonite kicks in and suddenly you're plummeting 177 harrowing feet to the pavement below," the description says.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/21/six.flags.accident/index.html

MaNuMaNiAc
06-21-2007, 09:08 PM
Poor kid! At least she's going to get millions for this

Flea
06-21-2007, 09:20 PM
OMG, that poor kid!

Douche
06-21-2007, 09:21 PM
I hope she walks all over them in court

She should be on her feet in no time at all

PakiDan
06-21-2007, 09:23 PM

Douchebag

resistanze
06-21-2007, 09:24 PM
Wow, that' just disturbing.

NorCal510
06-21-2007, 09:25 PM

wrong but funny :lol

AnkleBreaker21
06-21-2007, 09:49 PM
with all the money she is about to get, she can put some robot legs on

cholo
06-21-2007, 09:50 PM
shes going to look like lieutenant Dan!

Spurfect
06-21-2007, 10:00 PM
oh my god! that ride sounds like the Scream here at Fiesta TX. I'm gonna be paranoid to ride it now! lol

Borosai
06-21-2007, 10:39 PM
Fucked up.

SrA Husker
06-21-2007, 11:02 PM
How does a cord get wrapped around the girls feet on this ride? It seems just like scream at fiesta texas, and in this type of ride, there shouldn't be anything near your feet...

BeerIsGood!
06-21-2007, 11:24 PM
It's just like the Scream at Fiesta Texas, and I can't figure out how in the hell a cord came undone and nobody noticed and stopped the ride to get it fixed.

T Park
06-22-2007, 12:35 AM
Its familiar to the ride out in california.

Thats an enclosed car, and I have no idea what could've wrapped around her feet either.

Leetonidas
06-22-2007, 12:50 AM
Oh my goodness, that's freaking awful...

Spurfect
06-22-2007, 01:00 AM
Its familiar to the ride out in california.

Thats an enclosed car, and I have no idea what could've wrapped around her feet either.
I hate when stories don't make sense!!! :cuss

joeyjfive
06-22-2007, 01:04 AM
Jesus, thats some crazy stuff

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-22-2007, 01:06 AM
I hate when stories don't make sense!!! :cuss

A little bit more info from CNN's story.

----

(CNN) -- A girl's feet were cut off Thursday when a free-fall thrill ride malfunctioned at the Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom Amusement Park in Louisville, Kentucky, police said.

A cord wrapped around the 16-year-old's feet and severed them at her ankles while she was on the "Superman Tower of Power," a police dispatcher said. The girl was taken to a local hospital.

An unidentified witness told CNN affiliate WLKY she saw a cable on the ride snap.

"The people on the ride just came and hit the ground," she said. "When I got up there, the lady she was just sitting there, and she didn't have no legs. ... And she was just there, calm, probably in shock from everything."

"That could have been all of us -- riding that ride," witness Whitney Sandfer told CNN affiliate WDRB/WMYO.

The incident took place shortly before 5 p.m. ET, according to Six Flags spokeswoman Wendy Goldberg. The park remained open, but the ride in question was shut down and will remain so until the full investigation is complete, Goldberg said.

During the ride, passengers are lifted to 177 feet, suspended momentarily and then dropped, according to the park's Web site.

Passengers drop 154 feet at 54 mph, stopping "just 20 terrifying feet above the pavement," it adds.

"I seen the car go up. Then, like, the cable broke, I heard -- pwchh -- and I heard a lot of people screaming," Chris Stinnett, who was at a ride next to the Superman Tower of Power, told WDRB/WMYO.

"The cable went under the car -- and I seen it pull up and hit a lot of people -- and I seen them bring their legs up," Stinnett said.

The ride was introduced in 1995.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-22-2007, 01:08 AM
Part of a broken cable was visible on the ride. Asked about the cable, McLean said "it would be speculation" to say how the ride malfunctioned or whether the cable contributed to the accident.

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/7412/49608118sc3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Spurfect
06-22-2007, 01:35 AM
A little bit more info from CNN's story.

----

An unidentified witness told CNN affiliate WLKY she saw a cable on the ride snap.

"The people on the ride just came and hit the ground," she said. "When I got up there, the lady she was just sitting there, and she didn't have no legs. ... And she was just there, calm, probably in shock from everything."

"That could have been all of us -- riding that ride," witness Whitney Sandfer told CNN affiliate WDRB/WMYO.

"I seen the car go up. Then, like, the cable broke, I heard -- pwchh -- and I heard a lot of people screaming," Chris Stinnett, who was at a ride next to the Superman Tower of Power, told WDRB/WMYO.

"The cable went under the car -- and I seen it pull up and hit a lot of people -- and I seen them bring their legs up," Stinnett said.

The ride was introduced in 1995.

apparently nobody can talk right in Kentucky. :lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-22-2007, 01:45 AM
apparently nobody can talk right in Kentucky. :lol

Or count...The C-J's story listed the girl as 13.

sabar
06-22-2007, 03:11 AM
I'm even more confuzzled now.

MannyIsGod
06-22-2007, 07:25 AM
How does a cord get wrapped around the girls feet on this ride? It seems just like scream at fiesta texas, and in this type of ride, there shouldn't be anything near your feet...Well...peoples legs shouldn't be getting cut off so obviously if there was something near her feet it shouldn't have been there.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-22-2007, 08:16 AM
Poor kid! At least she's going to get millions for thisI know this is the least of her worries, but she's not going to have to worry about money ever again. Six Flags has no choice. They have no feet to stand on with this one. :oops

maxpower
06-22-2007, 09:24 AM
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/870/towerofpowerjl8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

found this online.
I can't even fathom how the accident would happen.

Here is another version.

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/6729/sfog36lv7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

JerrySeinfeld
06-22-2007, 09:52 AM

that's a shame... :wakeup

DJCidknee
06-22-2007, 10:35 AM
I wonder if she is classed as a retard after this accident, if she is, i might have a chance with her

MartinJol
06-22-2007, 10:38 AM
is she willing to move with you to Istanbul though?

DJCidknee
06-22-2007, 10:39 AM
I would carry her there if i could (I may just have to)

Ronaldo McDonald
06-22-2007, 10:42 AM
Well if the witnesses interviewed represent the majority people from the Kentucky the accident isn't entirely un-understandable.

angel_luv
06-22-2007, 10:45 AM
Ugh! Wrong thread to read as I am going to our Six Flags tomorrow. :oops

MartinJol
06-22-2007, 10:48 AM
I would carry her there if i could (I may just have to)
awwww :married:

you could always leave her in a swing after http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r191/vinztan1213/doghumpingrn2.gif

MoSpur
06-22-2007, 11:01 AM
Ugh! Wrong thread to read as I am going to our Six Flags tomorrow. :oops

I know. I was thinking about going this weekend too after we got our season passes. Great.

Melmart1
06-22-2007, 11:21 AM
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r191/vinztan1213/doghumpingrn2.gif
tlong?

Sp Ginobili 20
06-22-2007, 12:27 PM
Scary. My friend and I are visiting San Antonio in July and we were planning to go to Six Flags, and even go on that ride. Eek! Guess we're not going on that one!

Oh, Gee!!
06-22-2007, 01:07 PM
I was on ride similar to that just two days ago. Scary

NorCal510
06-22-2007, 01:09 PM
a couple years back a mentally challanged person fell from a 40 story ride

they say the person was trying to get out, and managed to.

yuck... think about that happening.

phyzik
06-22-2007, 03:29 PM
UPDATE

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/22/six.flags.accident/index.html

(CNN) -- A teen who lost her feet in an accident at a Kentucky amusement park has undergone surgery, a park spokeswoman said Friday, while two park operators closed similar rides around the country.

The Superman Tower of Power at Louisville's Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom was shut down after Thursday's accident, and Six Flags spokeswoman Wendy Goldberg said Friday the company closed similar rides at parks in St. Louis, Missouri; Gurnee, Illinois; and near Washington, D.C., as a precaution, The Associated Press reported.

Another park operator, Cedar Fair Entertainment Co., closed drop rides at Kings Island near Cincinnati, Ohio; Canada's Wonderland in Toronto, Ontario; Kings Dominion in Doswell, Virginia.; Carowinds, in Charlotte, North Carolina; and Great America in Santa Clara, California, the AP reported.

"We're going to keep these things down until we're certain it's safe," Cedar Fair spokesman Craig Ross told the AP. "We'll wait and see."

Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom spokeswoman Carolyn McLean said she has been in touch with the injured 13-year-old girl's family and believed the girl is still receiving treatment at the University of Louisville Hospital.

Hospital spokeswoman Julie Gordon would not discuss details of the surgery or recovery, citing patient privacy.

The girl's name was not released because she is a minor.

The girl's feet were completely amputated just below the ankle Thursday afternoon while riding the Superman Tower of Power at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom in Louisville.

Her feet were recovered by Six Flags staff and were sent to the hospital with her, McLean said.

During the Tower of Power ride, passengers are hoisted aloft, suspended momentarily, then pulled down, according to the park's Web site. Passengers -- secured with bars and seat belts but with arms and legs free -- drop 154 feet at 54 mph, stopping "just 20 terrifying feet above the pavement," the Web site says.

A police dispatcher said a cord wrapped around the girl's feet while she was on the ride.

"I seen the car go up. Then, like, the cable broke ... and I heard a lot of people screaming," Chris Stinnett, who was at a ride next to the Tower of Power, told CNN affiliate WDRB/WMYO-TV in Louisville.

"The cable went under the car -- and I seen it pull up and hit a lot of people -- and I seen them bring their legs up," he said. (Watch witnesses describe the accident )

"We are not confirming that happened," McLean said. "There was a lot of misinformation from witnesses."

The ride will remain closed until a full investigation by state officials and "our team of experts" is conducted, McLean said.

The inspectors will interview staff members, witnesses and speak with the girl and her family, she said.

"Every ride, every investigation is different," she said.

The rest of the park was operating as normal on Friday.

phyzik
06-22-2007, 03:39 PM
FYI, this ride is not enclosed, your arms and feet are dangling freely (read the article I posted). It was probably one of those high-tension steel cables that snapped... those things can cut through pretty much anything when they snap.

ObiwanGinobili
06-22-2007, 08:03 PM
I think the Scream at six flags fiesta texas is hydraulics and not cables.

Extra Stout
06-22-2007, 09:02 PM
awwww :married:

you could always leave her in a swing after http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r191/vinztan1213/doghumpingrn2.gif
In America have sexy time with 13-year-old is crime.

IceColdBrewski
06-23-2007, 01:31 PM
I'm not sure she has a leg to stand on in court. Measurements were taken after the accident, and it was determined she was too short to be on the ride. But I'm sure justice will prevail. Those responisble for this must be defeeted.

sa_butta
06-23-2007, 06:24 PM
I'm not sure she has a leg to stand on in court. Measurements were taken after the accident, and it was determined she was too short to be on the ride. But I'm sure justice will prevail. Those responisble for this must be defeeted.You would probably put your foot in your mouth if that was your daughter.

T Park
06-23-2007, 06:27 PM
Our family owns a free fall ride like this, and one of the yearly things we do, is replace the cables with new ones, every winter, whether the ride needs it or not.

The cables cost 8 grand, but are worth the money.

Hope this can all be solved peacefully.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-23-2007, 06:39 PM
Our family owns a free fall ride like this, and one of the yearly things we do, is replace the cables with new ones, every winter, whether the ride needs it or not.

From your experience, what do you think happened with this ride?

Did a wire just snap and this girl's feet were in the wrong place at the wrong moment?

Extra Stout
06-23-2007, 07:44 PM

Sometimes the difference between a family-owned business, and a big corporation, is that the family-owned business maintains empathy for its customers as human beings, and doesn't take shortcuts with safety in order to save money.

Not saying that's what happened here, of course.

2pac
06-23-2007, 07:53 PM
I wonder if she is classed as a retard after this accident, if she is, i might have a chance with her

She was already from Kentucky.

mullet
06-23-2007, 07:59 PM
She was already from Kentucky.

:lol

I know, them over there are not to bright

RashoFan
06-23-2007, 11:17 PM
My dad's family is in Kentucky...so :stfu
thanks...

This accident could happen anywhere...I know that Six Flags policy is to check theirs rides daily and they use computers extensively to monitor ride conditions and weather condtions. Chances are that the manufacturer of the cable will be investigated as well.

mrsmaalox
06-23-2007, 11:59 PM
What a tragic accident! If the cable snapped, did the car come crashing straight down? How high up was it? Were other people hurt?

NorCal510
06-24-2007, 12:12 AM
What a tragic accident! If the cable snapped, did the car come crashing straight down? How high up was it? Were other people hurt?
the cable the ride was on was okay. There just happened to be a cable hanging out which snapped while the car was coming down, and caught the girls leg. make sense?

T Park
06-24-2007, 03:48 AM
This accident could happen anywhere...I know that Six Flags policy is to check theirs rides daily and they use computers extensively to monitor ride conditions and weather condtions. Chances are that the manufacturer of the cable will be investigated as well.

I got some ocean front property to sell you in Arizona if you believe that...

The manufacturer of the cable shouldn't be, but they are.

There was another drop tower ride like this that had a similar incident the cable broke but the carriage fell. The owner of the ride did not get the approved cable from the manufacturer and got a smaller incorrect one.

Don't know what happened here still, but it wouldn't suprise me if its all Six Flag's fault.

From your experience, what do you think happened with this ride?

Well, i don't know, thats the weird thing about rides, they are unpredictable, they are machines. You can prevent and prepare and sometimes "shit happens" BUT, that being said, cables of that size, and that strength do not snap, unless

A. they are worn and past their use date

B. incorrect size

The inspectors around here in California say that they werent cut immeditely off.

Ok cover your eyes.

The cable wrapped around her ankles and yanked her feet off. I know, I almost puked when I heared that.

Sometimes the difference between a family-owned business, and a big corporation, is that the family-owned business maintains empathy for its customers as human beings, and doesn't take shortcuts with safety in order to save money.

Well, I wouldn't say we have EMPATHY. Our first goal in our company is the customer's safety.

Theres alot of detail I can go into on rides, but I'll spare everyone the boring parts BUT, there are alot of safety switches on rides that are built in, and if the safety goes bad it doesnt let the ride run.

Lets just say I know some places and people that wire around these safeties to make the ride run, instead of fixing the problem because

A. Don't want to spend the money

B. Too lazy.

I don't want to condemn Six Flags here, BUT, if i were the investigators I would check the maintenence log for the ride, and find out from the manufacturer how often the cable should've been changed, after how many hours, AND, how big.

If neither are correct, throw the book at six flags.

T Park
06-24-2007, 03:51 AM
the cable the ride was on was okay. There just happened to be a cable hanging out which snapped while the car was coming down, and caught the girls leg. make sense?

it doesn't make sense because on that type of tower ride there are no cables that hang down.

So no, thats not what happened.

T Park
06-24-2007, 03:53 AM
I think the Scream at six flags fiesta texas is hydraulics and not cables.

Its made by a company called S&S.

I believe its shot up and "bounces" down.

Its shot up with air.

Not totally positive with how that ride operates, due to me never have been to Fiesta Texas in a long while.

RashoFan
06-24-2007, 07:44 PM
T Park...keep the property in AZ, I am not interested....When I worked as a Medic at FT...I had a young girl get hurt on a ride due to a cord that broke. It turned out that there was an issue with the manufacturer of the cord which ended in a recall of the cords on other rides that are used around the country.There is some other things involved but I can not discuss due to confidentiality matters...

T Park
06-24-2007, 09:02 PM
It turned out that there was an issue with the manufacturer of the cord which ended in a recall of the cords on other rides that are used around the country

Im in the business and I never heard of this so called "recall"

RashoFan
06-25-2007, 12:07 AM
Well, From what I was told, there was a recall...
Depends on the ride I am talking about and the ones you are familiar with...and it was a few years back...

atxrocker
06-25-2007, 02:29 AM
it's just too bad that this thread is tainted by tpork and his always hungry ass.

Fillmoe
06-25-2007, 02:31 AM
tpork prolly cooked them feet up and ate em

atxrocker
06-25-2007, 02:33 AM
:lol :lol

Tparks Chins
06-25-2007, 02:39 AM
it's just too bad that this thread is tainted by tpork and his always hungry ass.

:flipoff

:flipoff

kris
06-25-2007, 03:43 AM

No, I think that would be you and your boyfriend. The only thing tpark did in this post is shed some his light on the subject given he works in the industry.

Beno Udrih
06-25-2007, 04:01 AM
For an obese individual, Tpork sure comes of very brash and cocky as if everything he says is right just because he's saying it. When I was new to this board I never understood all the bashing until I started to actually read his posts. He has a real knack for always putting his foot in his mouth. This thread and the BBQ thread are pure example.

Josh810
06-25-2007, 04:34 AM
lol @ the poll question on the page:

"Do you fear for your safety on amusement-park rides?"

Umm, Now I do!

Insomniac
06-25-2007, 04:54 AM
For an obese individual, Tpork sure comes of very brash and cocky as if everything he says is right just because he's saying it. When I was new to this board I never understood all the bashing until I started to actually read his posts. He has a real knack for always putting his foot in his mouth. This thread and the BBQ thread are pure example.

:lmao

Extra Stout
06-25-2007, 08:02 AM
Wow. This is the one thread where TPark actually is the subject matter expert, and you make this scintillating contribution. Good job.

Phenomanul
06-25-2007, 08:35 AM
Wow. This is the one thread where TPark actually is the subject matter expert, and you make this scintillating contribution. Good job.

-

xXx
06-25-2007, 09:18 AM
No, I think that would be you and your boyfriend. The only thing tpark did in this post is shed some his light on the subject given he works in the industry.

i have to disagree with this assessment.

Firstly, i believe tparks knowledge of the industry as related to this incident has been laid out to it's full extent.

2ndly, he has been rather snooty to Ms. Rashofan,

I got some ocean front property to sell you in Arizona if you believe that...

lastly, this line,

almost makes it all worth it. the girl herself would pee her suddenly too long pants laughing at that one.

the only thing missing from tparks usual banter is the "okay, scooter" comment.

poor girl though. get that cash.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-25-2007, 09:54 AM
For an obese individual, Tpork sure comes of very brash and cocky as if everything he says is right just because he's saying it. When I was new to this board I never understood all the bashing until I started to actually read his posts. He has a real knack for always putting his foot in his mouth. This thread and the BBQ thread are pure example.what the hell does being obese have to do with not coming off as harsh and cocky? The dude does this sort of thing for a living, you don't think he might know a bit more about the subject than you or me? I'm not one to stand up for TPark, 'cause god knows he can certainly be a horse's ass most of the time, but this post was just to stupid to pass.

T Park
06-25-2007, 11:13 AM
2ndly, he has been rather snooty to Ms. Rashofan,

snooty?

:lol

Just being honest.

Pertaining to the other people in this thread?

Whatever. I could care less anymore what people who choose to insult me and don't really know me think.

RashoFan
06-25-2007, 11:35 PM
I don't feel that Tpark was snooty to me...he is in the "amusement rides" business and I have work as a Medic at an local amusement park. Just expressing opinions and statements and some facts....
All in all...It is cool....
Thanks xXx.

T Park
06-25-2007, 11:43 PM
rashofan knows i love her :)

Nbadan
06-27-2007, 12:36 AM
A couple of interesting updates to this story...

Riders of 'Tower of Power' say they feared something was wrong
June 26, 2007 01:42 PM
By Janelle MacDonald

LOUISVILLE (WAVE) -- People who were aboard the Superman Tower of Power ride when it malfunctioned last week are speaking out about their experience. A cable apparently snapped on that ride on June 21st, resulting in the severing of a 13-year-old girl's feet. As WAVE 3 Investigator Janelle MacDonald reports, riders say they knew something was wrong on the way up and yelled for the operator to stop the ride, but park officials say that's not true.

Connor Grace made a beeline to the Tower of Power when he walked through the gates of Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom last Thursday.

"When we got there, that was the first ride me and my friend, Michael, rode."

The Superman Tower of Power -- formerly known as the Hell-a-Vator was not only Connor's first stop at Kentucky Kingdom, it was also his last.

"We went back and rode the Hell-a-Vator once and then we went back and asked if we could ride it again. And that's when all that bad stuff happened," Connor said.

The third time around, Connor says they had the option to switch cars, but stayed put.

"We decided to sit in the same seats, instead of row three," Connor said.

The children say row three is where the accident happened.

Here's how the Superman Tower of Power works: riders are strapped in and hoisted to 177 feet before a free-fall of 154 feet, reaching a speed of 54 miles-per-hour before easing to a stop about 20 feet above the ground.

A parent of one of the girls in that row told us that, as the cars were climbing to the top, the girls saw the cable waving, and yelled for the ride to stop.

Connor says he heard their screams.

"We were going halfway up and I heard a snap, a cracking noise. Then we heard the girls yell 'Stop!' All of them, to the very top."

Then Connor says "We came down, and we heard crying and yelling, and we didn't know what was going on."

The parent I spoke with wanted to know why the ride didn't stop as soon as the riders yelled that something was wrong, so we called the park to ask.

We were told by a park spokeswoman that "the part about not stopping the ride is 100 percent false." She told us she cannot comment on anything until the investigation is complete.

Link (http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=6710989)

Six Flags is contending that they contacted the family of a girl who lost both feet at their Kentucky Kingdom amusement park last Thursday – contradicting the family’s first public statement following the accident, issued Tuesday.

“Two representatives from Kentucky Kingdom traveled to the hospital immediately following the accident and were there for some time before the family requested that they leave,” Six Flags spokeswoman Carolyn McLean said “We are deeply saddened by this incident and of course have genuine concern for the well-being of the entire family. We stand ready to be of any assistance we possibly can.”

According to the family's statement, released from Vanderbilt University Medical Center:

"Kaitlyn's parents would like to state for the record that despite claims in the media by representatives from Kentucky Kingdom Theme Park, at no time has any representative of the theme park been in touch with members of the family."

The statement identifies the teenager as Kaitlyn Lasitter, who it reported is in stable condition. The statement also thanks the public for support, and asks the media to respect the family's privacy.

Link (http://www.wlky.com/news/13547817/detail.html)

Looks like this could get nasty...

:hat

Beno Udrih
06-27-2007, 01:21 AM
what the hell does being obese have to do with not coming off as harsh and cocky?
I said brash not harsh you dumb fuck. You're another fucking retard on this board who I don't care to much for.

The dude does this sort of thing for a living, you don't think he might know a bit more about the subject than you or me?
:rolleyes Where in my post do I say he doesn''t know shit about the subject? Anyways, even though rashofan didn't feel like he was being "snooty" towards her, the guy was still being an ass to her.

I'm not one to stand up for TPark,And yet here you are defending him.

but this post was just to stupid to pass.
Hey a lot of your posts are stupid...only difference is I always scroll through them.

T Park
06-27-2007, 01:37 AM
Don't you have a self help class to go to slovenian stiff?

BeerIsGood!
06-27-2007, 01:52 AM
Making fun of people's weight is the last resort of a 10 yr old mind. Let's get some better smack going.

dav4463
06-27-2007, 02:03 AM
I used to work at Six Flags over Texas. I wondered about the safety of rides then (this was in 88 and 89). It was just a few years ago when the Roaring Rapids flipped over and drowned a woman. I saw the Texas Chute Out parachute ride get stuck at the top back when I was a kid. The wind started blowing and the people stuck had to walk off the ride onto a crane. That was scary to watch. They since do not allow the Chute Out to go all the way to the top. When I worked there, I know plenty of ride operators would be out late getting drunk and then show up at 8am to work a 16 hour shift. How safe can it be with these people working the rides? You just have to hope the machines do their job and don't screw up.

dav4463
06-27-2007, 03:47 AM
http://news.aol.com/story/_a/14-year-old-dies-at-disneyland-paris/20070626123109990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

I think I'm done with amusement park rides!

Bear Grylls
06-27-2007, 03:56 AM
http://news.aol.com/story/_a/14-year-old-dies-at-disneyland-paris/20070626123109990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

I think I'm done with amusement park rides!

That girl could have died anywhere, just a coincidence she was on a roller coaster.

RashoFan
06-28-2007, 01:10 AM
The girl could have had a pre existing medical condition...like an anerysm or a congenital heart condition.
The Six Flags Fiesta Texas is the only Six Flags park( to my knowledge) that has First Aid stations with Paramedics, EMT Intermediates, and EMT Basics with FANTASTIC emergency protocols that match up to/exceed EMS services here in town. And it is located about 10 mins from Medical Center and a Trauma 1 hospital. I hope that information will dissolve any apprehensive to visit Fiesta Texas...