PDA

View Full Version : OK....Im sick of this fvkcin * 1999 season bullisht!!!

lebomb
06-22-2007, 07:28 AM
:madrun :bang ............... Im sooooooo tired of hearing that.....ALL the teams in the league played the same amount of games in the regular season and playoffs.....thats JUST THE WAY IT WAS!!! There was still a champion.....damn!!! When will this crap just die.

Noone says * about the NFL strike season when there was a champ. There was STILL A FUCKIN CHAMP. :ihit

I dont care if the NBA eliminated the regular season and just had the playoffs and there ended up a winner. THAT TEAM STILL WON!!!!!

Please get over it........Im sick of it.

Oh, by the way.......everyone have a great day and weekend!!! :clap

hsxvvd
06-22-2007, 07:36 AM
the * is just a bullshit Phil Jackson comment, made in envy would he couldn't hold it together for another year.

Phil Jackson is a tool. At least pop is humble enough to admit he'd be nothing without Duncan. Jackson still thinks he was the reason HE won titles, not Jordan & Pippen or Shaq & Kobe.

Taco
06-22-2007, 07:41 AM
the * is just a bullshit Phil Jackson comment, made in envy would he couldn't hold it together for another year.

Phil Jackson is a tool. At least pop is humble enough to admit he'd be nothing without Duncan. Jackson still thinks he was the reason HE won titles, not Jordan & Pippen or Shaq & Kobe.

:lol

GOOD POST!! :tu

Marcus Bryant
06-22-2007, 08:24 AM
Elevate.

VinnyTestesVerde
06-22-2007, 08:32 AM
* is all that the haters have to hang on to. it's sad. don't get angry at them for their incompetence. :lol

FromWayDowntown
06-22-2007, 08:37 AM
You should know that you have just added fuel to their fire and assured that asterisk smack will be recycled frequently by those who come here with the pathetic goal of using their own personal time to do things in the hope of just getting under the skin of Spurs' fans.

Clutch20
06-22-2007, 09:29 AM
It's*

Now*

Become*

A*

Cultural*

Phenomenon!!!*

Quite curiously, think about how close in design the asterisk comes to being like the spiked part of the spur, our symbol :spin

The Spurologist
06-22-2007, 09:33 AM
Still trying to figure out who died and made Phil "I got swept that year" Jackson and left him the asterisk boss. Then every pea brained imbecile without the ability to conjure up their own thoughts jumped on the bandwagon. To my knowledge there was not one team who forfeited their regular season or playoff spot. You have heard many times that the regular season is too long...the playoffs are the real season...blah blah blah. But when it comes to the '99 season they contradict themselves. But ummm what's bigger anyway the trophy or the asterisk? Or in this case Phil "I got my ass swept even though I had Shaq and Kobe that year" Jackson.

___A lesson in Spurology

Extra Stout
06-22-2007, 09:34 AM
:madrun :bang ............... Im sooooooo tired of hearing that.....ALL the teams in the league played the same amount of games in the regular season and playoffs.....thats JUST THE WAY IT WAS!!! There was still a champion.....damn!!! When will this crap just die.

Noone says * about the NFL strike season when there was a champ. There was STILL A FUCKIN CHAMP. :ihit

I dont care if the NBA eliminated the regular season and just had the playoffs and there ended up a winner. THAT TEAM STILL WON!!!!!

Please get over it........Im sick of it.

Oh, by the way.......everyone have a great day and weekend!!! :clap
Are you talking about the media, or the people you hang around?

FromWayDowntown
06-22-2007, 09:36 AM
Still trying to figure out who died and made Phil "I got swept that year" Jackson and left him the asterisk boss.

Or in this case Phil "I got my ass swept even though I had Shaq and Kobe that year" Jackson.

Phil Jackson didn't get swept that year. Kurt Rambis did.

The Lakers hired Phil Jackson during the 1999 NBA Finals.

lebomb
06-22-2007, 09:39 AM
Are you talking about the media, or the people you hang around?

Media and other people.....not the ones I hang with.

The Spurologist
06-22-2007, 09:39 AM
Phil Jackson didn't get swept that year. Kurt Rambis did.

The Lakers hired Phil Jackson during the 1999 NBA Finals.

You are correct I guess that does not make me a lakerologist I suppose.

Extra Stout
06-22-2007, 09:47 AM
Media and other people.....not the ones I hang with.
You have to understand that the Spurs' success is a difficult pill for many to swallow, so out of bitterness they have to try to minimize and dismiss it in their own minds.

Basketball championships are "supposed" to be won by teams filled with players who exemplify the philosophy of basketball being primarily a medium for individual creative expression within the team concept. The Spurs are the antithesis of that paradigm.

Basketball is "supposed" to be a sport full of glamour and larger-than-life characters. The Spurs are the antithesis of that.

Basketball is supposed to be a sport dominated by Americans. All the Spurs' best players were born and raised outside of the continental United States.

These realities create a great deal of cognitive dissonance among NBA fans who aren't "purists." This cognitive dissonance is resolved through denial.

lebomb
06-22-2007, 10:01 AM
You have to understand that the Spurs' success is a difficult pill for many to swallow, so out of bitterness they have to try to minimize and dismiss it in their own minds.

Basketball championships are "supposed" to be won by teams filled with players who exemplify the philosophy of basketball being primarily a medium for individual creative expression within the team concept. The Spurs are the antithesis of that paradigm.

Basketball is "supposed" to be a sport full of glamour and larger-than-life characters. The Spurs are the antithesis of that.

Basketball is supposed to be a sport dominated by Americans. All the Spurs' best players were born and raised outside of the continental United States.

These realities create a great deal of cognitive dissonance among NBA fans who aren't "purists." This cognitive dissonance is resolved through denial.

Wow.....that was deep. I just simplify it and call them dumb asses. :rolleyes

Marcus Bryant
06-22-2007, 10:06 AM
The average American pro sports fan is like the woman who decries how all men are assholes and yet ends up with the biggest one of them all.

Strike
06-22-2007, 11:29 AM
Still trying to figure out who died and made Phil "I got swept that year" Jackson and left him the asterisk boss. Then every pea brained imbecile without the ability to conjure up their own thoughts jumped on the bandwagon. To my knowledge there was not one team who forfeited their regular season or playoff spot. You have heard many times that the regular season is too long...the playoffs are the real season...blah blah blah. But when it comes to the '99 season they contradict themselves. But ummm what's bigger anyway the trophy or the asterisk? Or in this case Phil "I got my ass swept even though I had Shaq and Kobe that year" Jackson.

___A lesson in Spurology

Spurology includes history, correct?

Then you would know that PHIL JACKSON WAS NOT THE COACH OF THE LAKERS DURING THE 1999 SEASON OR PLAYOFFS!!!

Granted, it's laker history that involves the Spurs, but if you're going to keep defending something that is old and played out, at least get your facts straight.

sandman
06-22-2007, 11:45 AM

Then you would know that PHIL JACKSON WAS NOT THE COACH OF THE LAKERS DURING THE 1999 SEASON OR PLAYOFFS!!!

Granted, it's laker history that involves the Spurs, but if you're going to keep defending something that is old and played out, at least get your facts straight.

Post #12, about 2 hours before your post.

SpurYank
06-22-2007, 11:51 AM
Tony Kornheiser is on Washington Post Radio for four hours every morning. No one hates the Spurs as much as he does. He spews venom every chance he gets. Phil Jackson takes a back seat to him.

I wrote him an email after one of his negative comments and told him the NBA finals for him are a one-on-one between someone from NY against Kobe Bryant, The concept of basketball being a team sport completely escapes him.

So I wished well of course. In the meantime, true basketball aficionados recognize a good thing when they see it. "It" is the San Antonio Spurs.

Strike
06-22-2007, 11:52 AM
Post #12, about 2 hours before your post.

Ohhhhh, I care. :rolleyes

DDS4
06-22-2007, 12:09 PM

Who cares. All counts the same.

td4mvp3
06-22-2007, 03:10 PM
* is all that the haters have to hang on to. it's sad. don't get angry at them for their incompetence. :lol
what the hell are they doing to nash?

The Spurologist
06-22-2007, 06:50 PM

Ok I do not get into pissing contests with fellow Spur fans, Especially after this had already been pointed out earlier and was acknowledged by me. How much did it really take to know this as a fact after this had already been posted. Also Spurology is about Spur History, not Laker History. Phil Jackson made these comments as a Laker Coach after the Lakers were swept that year in the playoffs.

dbreiden83080
06-22-2007, 07:05 PM
The only people that talk about it are Spurs haters who don't want to give us respect. I don't ever listen to it. It used to annoy me when they just had the one title but 3 titles later they are just grasping at straws now.

Guajalote
06-22-2007, 07:18 PM
ex·tinc·tion \ik-stiŋ(k)-shn\ noun : The process of eliminating or reducing a conditioned response by not reinforcing it

If a bully/whiner/loser/hater/wannabe knows that something bothers you, they'll hammer it home. I hate it as much as the next guy, but we just need to let it go. The only thing that matters is they are wrong. 4 rings= better than all but a handful of teams in history.

coachmac87
06-22-2007, 08:25 PM
didnt garnett say he was going to "shock the world" ya nobody tried during 99...gimmie a break...