PDA

View Full Version : "No one outside San Antonio likes the Spurs"

samikeyp
06-22-2007, 10:00 AM
was one the dumbass statements made by Spur haters...usually from the Valley of the Sun.

Last night I was at our local minor league baseball game watching the home team and I noticed someone in a Ginobili jersey. I was wearing my Spurstalk softball shirt (Thanks again, Katy! :tu) and we struck up a conversation about the Finals and such.

Oh yeah...the "local minor league baseball game"?

was in Lansing Michigan. :)

But yes....no one outside San Antonio likes the Spurs. :rolleyes

:lmao :flipoff

smeagol
06-22-2007, 10:02 AM
I'm in Argentina and like the Spurs :spin

MaNuMaNiAc
06-22-2007, 10:04 AM
You're surprised to see a Spurs fan in Michigan when you can talk to Spurs fans from across the globe right here? Haters are just that sami, the Spurs have millions of fans around the world. The only team that probably has more fans is Houston, you know, the Yao Ming effect.

Marcus Bryant
06-22-2007, 10:08 AM
I'm glad the Spurs have not become the NBA team of choice for bandwagoners in the US.

ArgSpursFan
06-22-2007, 10:12 AM
the spurs rule the world baby.No need of U.S bandwaggoners fans or the U.S media.

samikeyp
06-22-2007, 10:21 AM
You're surprised to see a Spurs fan in Michigan when you can talk to Spurs fans from across the globe right here? Haters are just that sami, the Spurs have millions of fans around the world. The only team that probably has more fans is Houston, you know, the Yao Ming effect.

Its easier here because people can just get on their computers at home and chat. Its different when you are away from SA and physically see those fans. Especially here in Pistons country. Its fun though.

I agree with you MB about the bandwagoners....to be fair, this dude was like me, a transplanted Texan who stayed with his team.

bee
06-22-2007, 10:24 AM
Your so wrong.

Lots of Londoners do.

Clutch20
06-22-2007, 10:25 AM
These San Antonio Spurs need a new definition/category.
They've broken the mold.
And have angered and frustrated the right people.

Hey, need an instant postfinals quick charge?
Take another look at game 6, final period against the Suns.
Talk about scoring at will, the Spurs scorched the net from a variety of shooters from all over the court, ya gotta see again............

Extra Stout
06-22-2007, 10:40 AM
Your so wrong.

Lots of Londoners do.
Some Londoners like the Spurs. Others like Arsenal or Chelsea.

Marcus Bryant
06-22-2007, 10:41 AM
Your so wrong.

Lots of Londoners do.

Yes, we're aware of the Tottenham Hotspurs of the Premiership. Next.

2centsworth
06-22-2007, 10:43 AM
Viva Argentina!!!!!

WayDowntownBang
06-22-2007, 11:09 AM
Oh yeah...the "local minor league baseball game"?

was in Lansing Michigan. :)

The Lansing Lugnuts, perhaps? I still want to get out to see them.

Oh, and for what it's worth - losers hate winners. It's part of the circle of life.

703 Spurz
06-22-2007, 11:30 AM
I'm in Virginia and am a Spurs fan. When I see the Spurs in D.C. play the Wizards there's always a good turn out for the Spurs.

Whoever said that is wrong. Plain and simple

Strike
06-22-2007, 11:32 AM
I'm in Portland and I've been a Spurs fan since the beginning of the Robinson era.

I go to both games in which the Spurs play the Blazers in Portland every year.

A.H 21-50
06-22-2007, 11:35 AM
I'm from Paris and i'm for the spurs since the D-Rob area and so does some fans here in france because of Tony Parker ........

duncan228
06-22-2007, 11:38 AM
Checking in from California.

There's plenty of Spurs fans...We just fly under the radar like our team!

SpurYank
06-22-2007, 11:40 AM
WayDownTownBang is right. I live in Redskin territory (along with the Wizards and the Nationals, not to mention the Orioles), and all are big time losers. The Redskins do win the SuperBowl every March - July, however. Just read the papers.

Alas, I regress. Everyone in my family up here is anything but a Spurs fan. They respect the team a lot, but they hate a winner.

SpurYank
06-22-2007, 11:41 AM
... and of course, I love it!!! Albeit in a quiet sort of way, you understand.

samikeyp
06-22-2007, 12:03 PM
The Lansing Lugnuts, perhaps? I still want to get out to see them.

Oh, and for what it's worth - losers hate winners. It's part of the circle of life.

You are correct, sir.

It was a fun time. Nice ballpark they have here.

tmtcsc
06-22-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm glad the Spurs have not become the NBA team of choice for bandwagoners in the US.

Remember all the Bulls, Celtics, Lakers and Sixers fans years ago ? I'm glad that's not us. It's our team for our reasons. That's why we wore our silver and black even back in the dark days.

thekingrobert
06-22-2007, 01:40 PM
Miami ,FL representing here

ShoogarBear
06-22-2007, 01:44 PM
I'm in Portland and I've been a Spurs fan since the beginning of the Robinson era.Hey, would you mind beating up somebody for us?

ancestron
06-22-2007, 02:00 PM
These San Antonio Spurs need a new definition/category.
They've broken the mold.
And have angered and frustrated the right people.

Hey, need an instant postfinals quick charge?
Take another look at game 6, final period against the Suns.
Talk about scoring at will, the Spurs scorched the net from a variety of shooters from all over the court, ya gotta see again............

I just watched that game again the other day. The Spurs were kickin some serious ass for sure. Phoenix tried to make a run at the end but The Spurs held em off. The suns got it down to like 3 i think, but The Spurs ended up winning by like 7. definitely a good game. another game that i just watched again recently was game 4 in Utah, the one after the Spurs got blown out by 20 in game 3? Man, talk about a foul fest. Utah was just trying to beat up the Spurs cuz they knew they couldnt maintain the level of intensity necessary to play with them.

Vito Corleone
06-22-2007, 02:28 PM
Spurs fans representing in Utah, funny thing is most Jazz fans will tell you how much they respect the Spurs. Especially Pop and Duncan. I've had several Jazz fans tell me after the Jazz they follow the Spurs.

peskypesky
06-22-2007, 02:44 PM
Why should Spurs and and Spurs fans be concerned whatsoever with haters? Bring it on, mofos.

Guajalote
06-22-2007, 02:46 PM
Spurs fan in Indy. Grew up in Washington State. Never really knew a whole lot about the Spurs until DRob came along. Met David in spring of 1989 prior to start of his first NBA season. He was on the Armed Forces team and playing in a tournament sponsored by a local apple packing warehouse. Played all of the games at half speed and still got about 30 points and 15-20 boards per game. The thing that most impressed me was, he wouldn't sign a single autograph before the game so that he could mentally prepare for it. However, he stayed at least an hour after the game so that every last person in that gym (about 500 people) had an autograph (mine is in the plastic protective sleeve with his rookie card). I've bled silver and black ever since.

Fillmoe
06-22-2007, 02:52 PM
if you really think there aren't spurs fans spread across the world somewhere just kill yourself right now please....... you will see more and more jerseys now that they have just won the championship

judaspriestess
06-22-2007, 02:56 PM
There are plenty of fans here in Vegas. Especially with the Filipino population.
I see Spurs jerseys on a regular basis. Cars with flags, my car painted, my moms and my ex's is painted too, lol. This is still laker country but the Spurs are definitely in second place.

+ I created a new Spurs fan in a friend of mine from Newcastle England. He is not a basketball fan but says he is definitely a fan of the Spurs because of me and my diehard love for the Spurs. :downspin:

Fillmoe
06-22-2007, 02:58 PM
hes just saying hes a spurs fan cuz he wants some ass...... sorry to break it to u

temujin
06-22-2007, 03:08 PM
Milano, Italy.

Gervin Silas Kenon Moore.

Plenty of late fans here because of Gino, of course..