PDA

View Full Version : Acie Law Cancels Workouts; Given Promise By Hawks?

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-22-2007, 11:35 AM
Acie Law cancels workout

Chicago Tribune | 6/22/2007

One day after working out for the Atlanta Hawks, Texas A&M's All-American point guard Acie Law on Thursday pulled out of his scheduled workout with the Hornets, which was to be held today at an Edmond fitness center.

Law had been scheduled to work out today with a group of guards that included Florida junior point guard Taurean Green and Vanderbilt's Derrick Byars. But his sudden cancellation has lead to speculation that he has received a guarantee from the Hawks, who are in need of a point guard and hold the No. 3 and 11 picks in the June 28 NBA Draft.

The 6-foot-3, 185-pound Law averaged 18.1 points, 5.0 assists and 3.3 rebounds while leading the Aggies to a 27-7 record last season. On Wednesday, Law joined Georgia Tech point guard Javaris Crittenton and Virginia Tech's Jamon Gordon during the Hawks' workout.

"I thought it went really well,” Law told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "I thought I played extremely well. My four years of college, I think it helps me a lot. Coming in at 22, I think I can make a smoother transition.”

On Monday, the Hawks are scheduled to work out Ohio State's Mike Conley Jr., who is regarded as the draft's best point guard.

The Hornets, who have the 13th overall selection, have made it clear they're looking for shooters in next week draft, and Law, who hit several big shots in crunch time last season, would fit that bill. Law shot 50 percent from the field last season and made 45.8 percent of his 3-pointers.

http://newsok.com/article/3069127

ducks
06-22-2007, 11:39 AM
spurs and hawks have a deal in place.... :downspin:

Mr. Body
06-22-2007, 11:39 AM
Seems like Atlanta made the promise. Unlike the Sheldon Williams promise, it's actually a good one, although there's a slight chance Sacramento takes Law (I don't think so).

This means Atlanta will likely let Conley slide past the #3 pick and will take Horford, as has been speculated.

Marcus Bryant
06-22-2007, 11:45 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71982