PDA

View Full Version : ABC/ESPN Sportscasters:Sun's own fault loss to Spurs, Spurs a dynasty

Clutch20
06-22-2007, 11:52 AM
(This is a transcript of final minutes, game 6 Suns vs Spurs 2007 semis, please note boldface type)

Game commentators:

"This year they (Phoenix) really thought it was their year. Obviously they hit a bump with game 5 with their suspensions but they came close, had their opportunities to win that game 5 on their own floor, but were unable to put away the Spurs. Well, it's easy to look at that game 5 and say that's what's going to be what's decided this series, but they lost game 1 at home.
Game 1 sets the tone for the series, they lost homecourt advantage right out of the gates, and they only have themselves to blame for that loss."

"I just feel bad for them, you only get so many chances in this league, they may have just come together at the wrong time, with San Antonio still being a dynasty."

.....uh, what was that last statement they made, in the waning moments of the game?

Was that scripted?
This was said, per ABC/ESPN affiliated casters, even before the crown/title clinching series with the Cavaliers had even started.

Even while the arena hardwoods were still slick with playoff sweat from Piston and Cavalier contests, some of the acolytes of the sports business conglomerates named ABC/ESPN were making these bold and career- endangering statements about fault finding, blame indentification and dynastic proclamations?

(this may be copied, used, and disseminated whenever the shit you feel like it!)

Avitus1
06-22-2007, 12:51 PM
All I know is that is perhaps the smartest thing I've ever heard an ABC/ESPN announcer say.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-22-2007, 12:59 PM
But I thought ESPN had this directive that the Spurs couldn't be showcased in any way whatsoever?

Man, those announcers are going to be out of a job for not following orders and expressing their own opinions.

Clutch20
06-22-2007, 01:21 PM
Will wonders never cease, you pick your gems out of the mud and dirt wherever you can find them, and these beauties listed above are rare, to me that's why they're gems.

smeagol
06-22-2007, 01:51 PM
Ahh, the dynasty issue . . . I'm really losing sleep about it.

Extra Stout
06-22-2007, 01:53 PM
Refresh my memory, why do we need that for validation?

I'm comfortable just looking down my nose on everyone else and deriding their ignorance and futility.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-22-2007, 01:57 PM
It would have been all over this board like a rash if it weren't for the fact that most sensible fans watch ESPN coverage with the sound off.