PDA

View Full Version : Garnett to Phx????

SpursWillOwn
06-22-2007, 12:19 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=rotowire-evinarnettotntotoote&prov=rotowire&type=fantasy

Update: Garnett has killed a proposed trade between Boston and Minnesota because he doesn't want to play for the Celtics, ESPN reports. "If a trade were to happen, that's not a destination that we're interested in pursuing," said Garnett's agent, Andy Miller.

Recommendation: According to the report, the T-Wolves and Celtics had agreed on a trade that would send Garnett and Troy Hudson to Boston for Al Jefferson, Theo Ratliff, Sebastian Telfair, Wally Szczerbiak and the No. 5 pick in Thursday's draft. While Garnett can't block a deal, Boston didn't want to complete the trade if Garnett wouldn't agree to a contract extension that would void his ability to opt out of his contract at the end of next season. The report also says Garnett would like to be traded to Phoenix if he's moved and that GM Kevin McHale and owner Glen Taylor are prepared to deal Garnett this offseason. For the first time it sounds like a trade of Garnett may actually happen, so stay tuned.

IF KG GOES PHX.. man.. i don't wana think about it.. :bang

texasqb2
06-22-2007, 12:22 PM
It would cost them Amare then some.......plus kills the chemistry they have now, wouldn't worry me all that much....Nash is gonna be another year older next season

ducks
lots of threads about it in nba forum

Mr.Bottomtooth
NBA Forum

Oh, Gee!!
They'd have to give up too much for KG. I don't believe it will happen.

Oh, Gee!!
06-22-2007, 12:23 PM
KG for Kobe

MoSpur
If the Suns parted w/Amare, that would be a dumb move in my opinion. Amare can still improve. Garnett hasn't proven anything yet and is 31.

olemanu
It would cost them Amare then some.......plus kills the chemistry they have now, wouldn't worry me all that much....Nash is gonna be another year older next season
and then add marion and maybe barbosa

ducks
06-22-2007, 12:25 PM
If the Suns parted w/Amare, that would be a dumb move in my opinion. Amare can still improve. Garnett hasn't proven anything yet and is 31.
and what has nash proved
he can not even with that loaded suns team get that team to the finals

ducks
06-22-2007, 12:26 PM
kg did not cost the wolves 5 draft picks
had thy had thm they could have picked josh howard and lot of other good players

Shred
06-22-2007, 12:27 PM
Amare's not going anywhere. It's Marion, picks, and a third team or no deal.

Oh, Gee!!
06-22-2007, 12:29 PM

why would any team want Marion?

MoSpur
06-22-2007, 12:29 PM
Nash has done a lot, but just like Garnett, he hasn't won a ring and is old too. If the Suns want to win now, they will do it, but I don't Garnett is enough to take them to the top.

SenorSpur
06-22-2007, 12:32 PM
One writer's compelling view as to why this trade WILL NOT go down.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/91978

Phoenix Suns / NBA

June 22, 2007

Brownie Points: Garnett too rich for Suns’ taste

Jerry Brown, Tribune Columnist

So Kevin Garnett doesn’t want to go to Boston — but he certainly wouldn’t mind coming to the Suns. And what part of all this is surprising?

Did you see Boston on Kobe Bryant’s list of preferred destinations? Think Jermaine O’Neal would be hyped at going to Beantown? Shawn Marion has reportedly let it be known that if he’s dealt to Boston, he’d opt out of his deal.

Why would “The Big Ticket’’ be any different?

The Suns already knew Garnett loves Phoenix. It’s a shot at a ring and a chance to play with fast friend Steve Nash while escaping the nightmare that is Minnesota.

After that, things get hazy.

• The T-Wolves don’t want Marion (Marion doesn’t want the T-Wolves either). Nash isn’t going anywhere, leaving Amaré Stoudemire as the focal point of a deal including draft picks and expiring contracts (Kurt Thomas) to match the $22 million owed Garnett next year.

• Garnett is 31, with 12 years and plenty of NBA miles on his body. But when Nash was 31 and 32, he was MVP of the league.

• Stoudemire is 24 and an All-NBA center with his best days ahead. But he’s coming off microfracture surgery that will require more work later and isn’t the most popular player in his locker room (remember Nash’s “playpen” quote during the playoffs)?

• With Nash (33), Garnett (31) and Marion (29), suddenly Phoenix is a much older team. But when Nash runs out of steam, the Suns will have to rebuild anyway, right?

Alas, as usual, it all comes down to money. And for Phoenix, it just doesn’t work.

If the Suns traded Stoudemire and Thomas for Garnett (an even swap, money-wise) they would still sit $8 million to $9 million over the luxury tax. Now add in the fact that Garnett has a $3.3 million trade kicker (leaving him owed, gulp, $25.3 million next year) and Phoenix would be $12 million over the dollar-for-dollar tax with Thomas already gone.

Think Robert Sarver is going to go for that one? Me neither.

ducks
marion has said NO to wolves

Oh, Gee!!
Garnett's gonna have to take a major pay cut and come to the Spurs if he wants a ring. We'll give the T-Wolves Beno, the Scola rights, Vaughn, Barry, Horry, Buford, Holt's wife, those two guys that never play, the Coyote, etc.

ducks
06-22-2007, 12:33 PM
why does everyone keep forgetting amare has had 2 operations already

MoSpur
06-22-2007, 12:33 PM
Marion would not be enough for the T-Wolves.

Shred
06-22-2007, 12:39 PM
The general consensus among Spur fans seems to be this deal won't happen.

Shred
06-22-2007, 12:40 PM
One writer's compelling view as to why this trade WILL NOT go down.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/91978

Phoenix Suns / NBA

June 22, 2007

Brownie Points: Garnett too rich for Suns’ taste

Jerry Brown, Tribune Columnist

So Kevin Garnett doesn’t want to go to Boston — but he certainly wouldn’t mind coming to the Suns. And what part of all this is surprising?

Did you see Boston on Kobe Bryant’s list of preferred destinations? Think Jermaine O’Neal would be hyped at going to Beantown? Shawn Marion has reportedly let it be known that if he’s dealt to Boston, he’d opt out of his deal.

Why would “The Big Ticket’’ be any different?

The Suns already knew Garnett loves Phoenix. It’s a shot at a ring and a chance to play with fast friend Steve Nash while escaping the nightmare that is Minnesota.

After that, things get hazy.

• The T-Wolves don’t want Marion (Marion doesn’t want the T-Wolves either). Nash isn’t going anywhere, leaving Amaré Stoudemire as the focal point of a deal including draft picks and expiring contracts (Kurt Thomas) to match the $22 million owed Garnett next year.

• Garnett is 31, with 12 years and plenty of NBA miles on his body. But when Nash was 31 and 32, he was MVP of the league.

• Stoudemire is 24 and an All-NBA center with his best days ahead. But he’s coming off microfracture surgery that will require more work later and isn’t the most popular player in his locker room (remember Nash’s “playpen” quote during the playoffs)?

• With Nash (33), Garnett (31) and Marion (29), suddenly Phoenix is a much older team. But when Nash runs out of steam, the Suns will have to rebuild anyway, right?

Alas, as usual, it all comes down to money. And for Phoenix, it just doesn’t work.

If the Suns traded Stoudemire and Thomas for Garnett (an even swap, money-wise) they would still sit $8 million to $9 million over the luxury tax. Now add in the fact that Garnett has a $3.3 million trade kicker (leaving him owed, gulp, $25.3 million next year) and Phoenix would be $12 million over the dollar-for-dollar tax with Thomas already gone.

Think Robert Sarver is going to go for that one? Me neither.

This article doesn't address the 3-way Marion/Boston trade rumors currently going round.

Duff McCartney
06-22-2007, 12:43 PM
Like someone said earlier...Garnett might as well go to the East..he's not getting anywhere if he stays in the West. At least with the East, as Lebron has proven, one man can carry a team to the Finals. I'm sure he could carry Boston to the Finals.

Oh, Gee!!
06-22-2007, 12:45 PM
Like someone said earlier...Garnett might as well go to the East..he's not getting anywhere if he stays in the West. At least with the East, as Lebron has proven, one man can carry a team to the Finals. I'm sure he could carry Boston to the Finals.

what about a LeBron-KG duo?

K-State Spur
06-22-2007, 12:54 PM
This article doesn't address the 3-way Marion/Boston trade rumors currently going round.

And how exactly is the 3 way deal going to work? From Minnesota's perspective, if they don't like Marion (and in my opinion - they shouldn't, at least not for KG), they'd need Jefferson - and parts - from Boston. But I don't see any way that Boston would give up Jefferson in that deal unless they get KG.

Now, maybe Marion (from the Suns) + the #5 pick (from Boston) + filler is enough to entice the Wolves. In my opinion, it shouldn't be, but even if it is - who does phoenix send to Boston worthy of the #5 pick?

The only way you can get KG straight up with the wolves is to count on the idiocy of McHale. The only way you can get him through a 3 way deal is to count on the idiocy of McHale + Ainge. Now, I admit that this is not necessarily a bad strategy, but it makes like hell for message board discussion.

SpursWillOwn
06-22-2007, 01:06 PM
sorry if this is mentioned in the NBA forum. Didnt scan the nba forum before the thread.. jus the spurs forum i got too much jitters from the thought of kg for marion (tho it seems its not working)

Extra Stout
06-22-2007, 01:17 PM
That deal is already dead.

Phoenix has until Thursday to find another team willing to take Marion as part of a three-way deal, make the deal for Amare + Thomas + the 2008 Atlanta pick, or walk away.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-22-2007, 01:17 PM
I foresee KG going to the East and teaming up with another star even if he has to go to a team that isn't doing good now but can do very good with him and another + good role/bench.

Darkwaters
06-22-2007, 01:18 PM
I'm still laughing at the prospect of Boston trading Wally Sczerbiak BACK to the Timberwolves.

Shred
06-22-2007, 01:22 PM
That deal is already dead.

Phoenix has until Thursday to find another team willing to take Marion as part of a three-way deal, make the deal for Amare + Thomas + the 2008 Atlanta pick, or walk away.

So the KG to Phoenix deal is dead, period. Because Amare's not getting traded.

OldDirtMcGirt
06-22-2007, 01:23 PM
I'd do Amare for KG in a heartbeat if the money worket out. Unfortunately though, it doesn't, so I think that this is a longshot.

mardigan
06-22-2007, 01:36 PM
I'd do Amare for KG in a heartbeat if the money worket out. Unfortunately though, it doesn't, so I think that this is a longshot.
Im glad to finally see a Suns fan thats says this, everyone else is acting like its an insult that Amare would be traded for KG

tmtcsc
06-22-2007, 01:37 PM
yeah...that's really not Nash's fault. He does everything you could ask and that he is physically capable of doing.

Extra Stout
06-22-2007, 01:40 PM
:elephant Yay for the Curse!

tmtcsc
06-22-2007, 01:40 PM
IF KG GOES PHX.. man.. i don't wana think about it.. :bang

We own Phoenix, no matter who is on their roster. KG's best days are behind him. Plus, Marion won't like being third whistle behind him either.

They need a new coach. Then, I might get concerned. Dallas is still a bigger threat.

smeagol
06-22-2007, 01:41 PM
You should be more open to trading Amare. That bozo was part of the reason why your team went fishing early (the other part was that the S0ns were unlucky enough to play the Spurs in the semis, just like in 2005 :lol ).

Extra Stout
06-22-2007, 01:44 PM
We own Phoenix, no matter who is on their roster. KG's best days are behind him. Plus, Marion won't like being third whistle behind him either.

They need a new coach. Then, I might get concerned. Dallas is still a bigger threat.
KG's stats haven't really gone down. He's still the player he was in his MVP season, for the most part. The differences seem to reflect his horrific supporting cast: more shots, because his teammates suck, lower fg% because teams can sag onto him, fewer assists because his teammates can't hit shots when he passes, and more rebounds because nobody else is grabbing them. But the end for him obviously is three years closer than it was three years ago.

KG could give Phoenix an edge over the Spurs if they used his defensive talents correctly.

Extra Stout
06-22-2007, 01:44 PM
You should be more open to trading Amare. That bozo was part of the reason why your team went fishing early (the other part was that the S0ns were unlucky enough to play the Spurs in the semis, just like in 2005 :lol ).
The Suns played the Spurs in the WCF in 2005, not the semis.

BIG IRISH
06-22-2007, 01:47 PM

KG could give Phoenix an edge over the Spurs if they used his defensive talents correctly.
PHOENIX PLAYS DEFENSE???? :lol

SAGambler
06-22-2007, 01:53 PM
KG has got a lot of NBA miles on him, and nothing to show for it.

I just don't think at this time, he is worth what so many seem to feel he is.

Kind of like I felt about Chicago giving Big Ben a huge contract.

Shred
06-22-2007, 01:57 PM
KG has got a lot of NBA miles on him, and nothing to show for it.

I just don't think at this time, he is worth what so many seem to feel he is.

Kind of like I felt about Chicago giving Big Ben a huge contract.

One minute, Shawn Marion + picks won't get the deal done because it's not blockbuster enough, the next minute, KG's "all worn out" and not worth it (see Nash, Steve circa 2004). Which is it?

boutons_
06-22-2007, 02:07 PM
"(remember Nash’s “playpen” quote during the playoffs)?"

What was that comment?

coachmac87
06-22-2007, 02:22 PM
if phx wants to win a championship then they better get garnett!!! even if it means getting rid of big baby amare who cant play defense!!! kg can guard dirk and duncan..and if garnett goes to phx and they get to keep marion..im sorry unless the spurs make some changes phx is the early favorite to win it all...they will have the arguably the two most hungry players to want a ring (nash,kg) they can throw kurt thomas and garnett at duncan...o god...this trade better not happen...and by the way if it does..we will see how pathetic amare is without nash and the suns system...he cant carry a team on his back..trade amare phx

SAGambler
06-22-2007, 02:28 PM
One minute, Shawn Marion + picks won't get the deal done because it's not blockbuster enough, the next minute, KG's "all worn out" and not worth it (see Nash, Steve circa 2004). Which is it?

Well, the way I look at it, with these "superstars of the past", is that you give them some huge contract and maybe, just maybe you get a couple of decent years out of them. Then you are stuck with that albatross of a contract around your neck.

IMO it isn't worth it, especially if you have long term goals to be a contender each and every year.

coachmac87
06-22-2007, 02:31 PM
Well, the way I look at it, with these "superstars of the past", is that you give them some huge contract and maybe, just maybe you get a couple of decent years out of them. Then you are stuck with that albatross of a contract around your neck.

IMO it isn't worth it, especially if you have long term goals to be a contender each and every year.

u think garnett has only 3 years left??? he wants a ring..him and nash have not lost a step one bit!!! they will be there every year if this trade happens!!! phx is going to have to lose either marion or amare anyways...why not get kg in return for amare and u still get to keep the matrix!! this is a no brainer for the suns

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-22-2007, 02:34 PM
lol at coachmac's posts being deleted.

coachmac87
06-22-2007, 02:37 PM

Borosai
06-22-2007, 02:38 PM
Garnett + Suns = Lose in 7 games instead of 5 or 6

Get a new coach.

coachmac87
06-22-2007, 02:39 PM

ya fuck coahmac!!

SenorSpur
06-22-2007, 02:41 PM

Since Phx's window of opportunity is NOW, they should strongly consider trading Amare. Especially with the obvious chemistry issue they have on that team. It's obvious to most all that Steve and KG have developed a "fast" friendship, while Amare continues to be the source of a lot of internal chemistry issues.

Who know what will happen once Nash hangs 'em up? So the best thing to do, IMO, is consider swapping Amare for KG and go for it.

K-State Spur
06-22-2007, 03:18 PM
u think garnett has only 3 years left??? he wants a ring..him and nash have not lost a step one bit!!! they will be there every year if this trade happens!!! phx is going to have to lose either marion or amare anyways...why not get kg in return for amare and u still get to keep the matrix!! this is a no brainer for the suns

Well, PGs don't tend to age slowly, when they do lose a step, it's like they've fallen off the edge of a cliff. So you're likely not to see any drop-off in Nash until there is - almost out of nowhere - a significant drop-off.

And I think 3 years is a fairly safe bet. If KG is still a top performer at 35, that would be a rather rare occurrence. I don't think Spurs fans can count on Duncan being a dominant force for more than 2 or 3 more years.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-22-2007, 03:26 PM

You sound as dumb about trade ideas as some of the rooks here proposing Beno, Bonner, and a second rounder for Kobe.

First, why would the Wolves take an even worse player in Marion on with his huge salary?

Second, what third team is going to step up to eat salary like that (we're talking 25 mil for KG) just to help out KG and Phoenix? You won't find a team that stupid unless you can get Isiah involved, and even the Knick ownership would can him for even taking part in a trade like that without even getting his hands on one of the stars.

dbreiden83080
06-22-2007, 03:30 PM

Dude Marion fucking sucks every year in the playoffs especially against the Spurs he blows ass. You are not getting KG without giving up Amare and more.

Shred
06-22-2007, 03:38 PM
You sound as dumb about trade ideas as some of the rooks here proposing Beno, Bonner, and a second rounder for Kobe.

First, why would the Wolves take an even worse player in Marion on with his huge salary?

Second, what third team is going to step up to eat salary like that (we're talking 25 mil for KG) just to help out KG and Phoenix? You won't find a team that stupid unless you can get Isiah involved, and even the Knick ownership would can him for even taking part in a trade like that without even getting his hands on one of the stars.

You sound as dumb as someone too stupid to understand Marion would go to the third team. As dumb as, well, an aggie.

OldDirtMcGirt
06-22-2007, 04:00 PM

Well Kevin McHale is a total dumbass, so I wouldn't consider anything out of the realm of possibility.

However, while Marion is not better than Amare by any stretch, I think that he's more valuable. If you dump Marion, then who's going to do all the dirty work? Amare has serious ego issues, and I wouldn't expect KG to adapt to a complimentary role (mainly because it doesn't suit him). Also, we'd need another perimeter defender, who can guard the opposing team's perimeter players. Boris Diaw is fat and unmotivated, and James Jones doesn't know offense if it hit him in the face. I want my 34 year old point guard with limited athletic ability and serious health problems doing as little work as he can defensively so he doesn't burn out.

Obstructed_View
06-22-2007, 04:00 PM
I'd love to see KG go to the Suns. I don't think Timmy likes him very much.

BigBeezie
06-22-2007, 04:05 PM
They would have to give up waaay too much for KG. IMO, I don't think a 31 year old underachiever, that makes more money than anyone is worth it. They need to make Amare improve his defense and they will be much better. They can't depend on Kurt Thomas to stop Duncan. KT is too much of a liability on the court.

coachmac87
06-22-2007, 04:06 PM
Well, PGs don't tend to age slowly, when they do lose a step, it's like they've fallen off the edge of a cliff. So you're likely not to see any drop-off in Nash until there is - almost out of nowhere - a significant drop-off.

And I think 3 years is a fairly safe bet. If KG is still a top performer at 35, that would be a rather rare occurrence. I don't think Spurs fans can count on Duncan being a dominant force for more than 2 or 3 more years.

garnett is alot more athletic than tim duncan!!!!! garnett if you havent noticed hasnt had any significant injuries...i think duncan retires before garnett..

OldDirtMcGirt
06-22-2007, 04:27 PM
They would have to give up waaay too much for KG. IMO, I don't think a 31 year old underachiever, that makes more money than anyone is worth it. They need to make Amare improve his defense and they will be much better. They can't depend on Kurt Thomas to stop Duncan. KT is too much of a liability on the court.

LOL @ Garnett being an underachiever.

ArgSpursFan
06-22-2007, 04:29 PM
KG aint going nowhere,It´s on the news right now in Phoenix,the suns wont give up Amare.

dbreiden83080
06-22-2007, 04:31 PM
garnett is alot more athletic than tim duncan!!!!! garnett if you havent noticed hasnt had any significant injuries...i think duncan retires before garnett..

KG's game is really prdicated on being a great athlete which is the first thing to go. Duncan is all about footwork and fundamentals so i bet he is around longer.

dbreiden83080
06-22-2007, 04:32 PM
LOL @ Garnett being an underachiever.

That is funny he has been out of round 1 once and not in the playoffs at all the last few years. Nobody is asking the guy to win it all but can he lead a team to the playoffs for shit's sake.

OldDirtMcGirt
06-22-2007, 04:36 PM
That is funny he has been out of round 1 once and not in the playoffs at all the last few years. Nobody is asking the guy to win it all but can he lead a team to the playoffs for shit's sake.

That's because he's had a hideous supporting cast around him. I can't recall Garnett ever losing a playoff series that I thought the Wolves would win. His playoff averages all improve over his regular season averages, and the only time he had a decent passing point guard (Cassell; when Billups was there he wasn't what he is in Detroit, and Starbury was well.... Starbury) he put up 24/14/5. Against Phoenix this year playing at their pace he was godly (I think he dropped something like 45 and 15 on us). The dude is a perfect fit in Phoenix, and much better than Stoudemire.

texasqb2

You better rephrase that.....I think the Suns would like to deal Amare. He is an immature kid and they actually played better the season he was out with Diaw in his place.

Cleveland Steamer
Look at the guys teamates.
He had good teamates for 2 seasons, one of which he got the WCF. He hasnt had shit since

Slinkyman
06-22-2007, 04:38 PM
Look at the guys teamates.
He had good teamates for 2 seasons, one of which he got the WCF. He hasnt had shit since

lebron has shit teammates, how'd he do?

dbreiden83080
06-22-2007, 04:40 PM
That's because he's had a hideous supporting cast around him. I can't recall Garnett ever losing a playoff series that I thought the Wolves would win. His playoff averages all improve over his regular season averages, and the only time he had a decent passing point guard (Cassell; when Billups was there he wasn't what he is in Detroit, and Starbury was well.... Starbury) he put up 24/14/5. Against Phoenix this year playing at their pace he was godly (I think he dropped something like 45 and 15 on us). The dude is a perfect fit in Phoenix, and much better than Stoudemire.

I say again he can't get them to the playoffs. You bet TD would get them an 8 seed no doubt about it. KG is a very good player he is not great never has been.

coachmac87
06-22-2007, 04:41 PM
[QUOTE=dbreiden83080]KG's game is really prdicated on being a great athlete which is the first thing to go. Duncan is all about footwork and fundamentals so i bet he is around longer.

im going by injury status...and kg has fundamentals also..he has alot better jumper than timmy does..

Cleveland Steamer
06-22-2007, 04:41 PM
Pretty well in the East, key word, East

dbreiden83080
06-22-2007, 04:46 PM
[QUOTE=dbreiden83080]KG's game is really prdicated on being a great athlete which is the first thing to go. Duncan is all about footwork and fundamentals so i bet he is around longer.

im going by injury status...and kg has fundamentals also..he has alot better jumper than timmy does..

Yeah and a lot worse postgame. Why do you think he almost never draws double teams? KG's offense is 80% turnaround jumpers.

OldDirtMcGirt
06-22-2007, 04:47 PM
I say again he can't get them to the playoffs. You bet TD would get them an 8 seed no doubt about it. KG is a very good player he is not great never has been.

KG is top five all time in his position and is a great player. Sure Timmy might be able to get them to an eight seed (although I'm not totally sure about that), but he's one of the top fifteen greatest players of all time and the best at his position all time. Nobody is saying that Garnett is Tim Duncan, but he is and has been consistently a great player and a stone cold lock for the hall of fame.

OldDirtMcGirt
06-22-2007, 04:48 PM

It's harder for big men, because they can't really dominate games and take over all the scoring burden. Every big man needs great perimeter players to take their team to the next level. When Garnett had that in Sam Cassell, he lead his team to the WCF and won the MVP before Cassell got hurt and they lost to Shaq and Kobe.

coachmac87
06-22-2007, 04:49 PM
Yeah and a lot worse postgame. Why do you think he almost never draws double teams? KG's offense is 80% turnaround jumpers.

look at his assists per game dumb fuck!!!

OldDirtMcGirt
06-22-2007, 04:50 PM

Yeah KG doesn't draw double teams... he draws triple teams because every else on his team sucks ass. You clearly have never watched him play.

coachmac87
06-22-2007, 04:52 PM

ya he doesnt draw double teams and still averages 5 assist for his career!!! ur an idiot!! so if he did draw double teams he would have jason kidd like assist numbers...kno ur shit homie

dbreiden83080
06-22-2007, 04:54 PM
look at his assists per game dumb fuck!!!

That is not becauase of double teams ASSHOLE. He plays more on the perimiter than TD or Shaq does you stupid fuckhead. They draw a lot of doubles down low and when they pass it the ball swings a lot, making your team better. You may not get the assist but if it in the end finds the open man then who cares. KG almost never bangs on the low block because he is not strong enough and takes mainly fadeaway jumpers. He is a great passer on the perimiter but passing out of the low post is what makes a team much better. Go home and let the adults handle this.

Borosai
06-22-2007, 04:55 PM
KG should just go to Boston and make the playoffs once again. Who knows, maybe he'll actually make it to the finals over there. As long as he's in the western conference, Bonner will be looming.

dbreiden83080
06-22-2007, 04:56 PM
ya he doesnt draw double teams and still averages 5 assist for his career!!! ur an idiot!! so if he did draw double teams he would have jason kidd like assist numbers...kno ur shit homie

I know a lot more than you clearly if you don't know the difference between a player on the low block finding open teamates and one who plays a lot on the permiter. Ask Dirk about that worked real well for him against the Warriors.

OldDirtMcGirt
06-22-2007, 04:57 PM
I know a lot more than you clearly if you don't know the difference between a player on the low block finding open teamates and one who plays a lot on the permiter. Ask Dirk about that worked real well for him against the Warriors.

KG is not even similar to Dirk. He has a much better post game, is a much better rebounder, is worlds ahead defensively, and he draws double and triple teams constantly.

K-State Spur
06-22-2007, 04:57 PM
You sound as dumb as someone too stupid to understand Marion would go to the third team. As dumb as, well, an aggie.

And who would Minnesota be getting from that third team? If it's Boston, you'd have to think that the Wolves would demand Jefferson + more. But why would Boston essentially trade Jefferson for Marion?

A three team deal sounds great until you have to actually start working it out...

dbreiden83080
06-22-2007, 04:59 PM
Yeah KG doesn't draw double teams... he draws triple teams because every else on his team sucks ass. You clearly have never watched him play.

LOL find me footage where KG is being triple teamed all the time i dare you. Who triple teams a guy who takes 2 steps in the paint and then shoots a fadeaway jumpshot? He has never been guarded like Duncan and Shaq have because he is not a low post player and it is harder for him to make his mates better.

K-State Spur
06-22-2007, 05:00 PM

That actually hurts your argument. Every player loses athleticism by 35, so it's the guys who have better fundamentals and are more crafty who can still be productive players. Guys who have relied on superior athletic ability tend not to age well.

That said, I don't care whether it's Duncan, Shaq, KG, or Nash - you just can't expect any player to still be a star at 35 years old. Every now and then, there is a guy who maintains his level for that long (i.e. Jordan, Hakeem), but they are quite rare and certainly not something that you can expect.

dbreiden83080
06-22-2007, 05:01 PM
KG is not even similar to Dirk. He has a much better post game, is a much better rebounder, is worlds ahead defensively, and he draws double and triple teams constantly.

He is better than Dirk i agree but his offensive game is not better than Dirks or much more effective in making people better. Maybe it is a little better because sometimes he is in the post but not often enough.

coachmac87
06-22-2007, 05:01 PM
That is not becauase of double teams ASSHOLE. He plays more on the perimiter than TD or Shaq does you stupid fuckhead. They draw a lot of doubles down low and when they pass it the ball swings a lot, making your team better. You may not get the assist but if it in the end finds the open man then who cares. KG almost never bangs on the low block because he is not strong enough and takes mainly fadeaway jumpers. He is a great passer on the perimiter but passing out of the low post is what makes a team much better. Go home and let the adults handle this.

lmao!!! ur still wrong....so the open man they swing it to shoots it and if they make it..it counts as an assist!!! wow ur making urself look stupid...do u even kno what an assist is??? its when u pass the ball to somebody who scores!!! learn how to spell (perimeter) wow ur stupider than i thought...ur mad that im schooling u

coachmac87
06-22-2007, 05:03 PM
That actually hurts your argument. Every player loses athleticism by 35, so it's the guys who have better fundamentals and are more crafty who can still be productive players. Guys who have relied on superior athletic ability tend not to age well.

o really...so why has garnett aged better than tim duncan?? maybe because tims body has been through alot longer seasons and what not!!! and 35 is just the magic number or what?? u act like garnett does not have any fundamentals..

coachmac87
06-22-2007, 05:05 PM

please do not ever compare dirk to garnett ever again..u dont kno baskeball if u think they similar....

Cleveland Steamer
He is better than Dirk i agree but his offensive game is not better than Dirks or much more effective in making people better. Maybe it is a little better because sometimes he is in the post but not often enough.
Garnett averages far more assists than Dirk and Timmy every year, so I dont know how that argument holds any weight

coachmac87

please do not ever compare dirk to garnett ever again..u dont kno baskeball if u think they are similar....

dbreiden83080
06-22-2007, 05:10 PM
lmao!!! ur still wrong....so the open man they swing it to shoots it and if they make it..it counts as an assist!!! wow ur making urself look stupid...do u even kno what an assist is??? its when u pass the ball to somebody who scores!!! learn how to spell (perimeter) wow ur stupider than i thought...ur mad that im schooling u

Wow you really can't read can you? I am talking about guys in the low block that get doubled all the time and pass the ball it often swings around the perimiter to the open MAN. I never said that counts as an assist asshole, but if it gets the job done who the fuck cares who is credited for the assist. That is much more effective than a guy on the outside passing the ball and getting the assist to say a man cutting to the hoop because time and again on the low block someone like Tim and Shaq will be doubled and get guys wide open shots. KG does not play like that PERIOD!!!

dbreiden83080
06-22-2007, 05:11 PM
please do not ever compare dirk to garnett ever again..u dont kno baskeball if u think they are similar....

Welcome to the conversation retard i am saying they could not be more different.

OldDirtMcGirt
06-22-2007, 05:12 PM
Wow you really can't read can you? I am talking about guys in the low block that get doubled all the time and pass the ball it often swings around the perimiter to the open MAN. I never said that counts as an assist asshole. but if it gets the job done who the fuck cares who is credited for the assist. That is much more effective than a guy on the outside passing the ball and getting the assist to say a man cutting to the hoop because time and again on the low block someone like Tim and Shaq will be doubled and get guys wide open shots. KG does not play like that PERIOD!!!

KG does play in the post and does pass out of double and triple teams all the time. While he doesn't play like Shaq or Timmy, both of those guys are the best of the best. It's stupid to compare them.

dbreiden83080
06-22-2007, 05:13 PM
KG does play in the post and does pass out of double and triple teams all the time. While he doesn't play like Shaq or Timmy, both of those guys are the best of the best. It's stupid to compare them.

Your right KG is not on their level which is why i don't see him being the difference in Phoenix.

coachmac87
06-22-2007, 05:14 PM
dbreiden83080 lemme break it down to u buddy.....tim duncan is a great passer..one of the best in the league...but garnett can create more for himself and others it says so by his assists numbers..why do u think jkidd and nash are so good..i really dont think u kno how effective an assist is..its like scoring for urself...ur responsible of putting pts on the board..now duncan does spend alot of time on the block and thats because he really cant play on on the outside..garnett can do both...numbers dont lie

Cleveland Steamer
06-22-2007, 05:14 PM
Your right KG is not on their level which is why i don't see him being the difference in Phoenix.
Shaq sucks now, no way hes better than KG. It doesnt really sound like youve seen KG play too often

dbreiden83080
06-22-2007, 05:15 PM
Garnett averages far more assists than Dirk and Timmy every year, so I dont know how that argument holds any weight

So by that logic Jason Kidd makes his team much better around him than Duncan does because he has more assists. I am talking about shit that does not show up on the stat sheet but is vital to winning.

OldDirtMcGirt
06-22-2007, 05:16 PM

So because he isn't a top fifteen all time player in the history of basketball he won't be the difference?

ArgSpursFan
06-22-2007, 05:16 PM
Shaq sucks now, no way hes better than KG. It doesnt really sound like youve seen KG play too often

why people should watch Minesota ?they suck.

dbreiden83080
06-22-2007, 05:17 PM

I am talking about prime Shaq. Yeah KG is better now by far but not when Shaq was winning titles he isn't.

dbreiden83080
06-22-2007, 05:18 PM
ur responsible of putting pts on the board..now duncan does spend alot of time on the block and thats because he really cant play on on the outside..garnett can do both...numbers dont lie

LOL did you just say KG is as good on the low block as Duncan? Cancel your account and go into hiding pal. :drunk :drunk Duncan hits 20 ft bank shots and straight on jumpers almost at will.

coachmac87
06-22-2007, 05:20 PM

ya ur right the suns will have two of the best tim duncan defenders on their team (kurt thomas and garnett) and that wont make a difference if they face the spurs...

dbreiden83080
06-22-2007, 05:21 PM
So because he isn't a top fifteen all time player in the history of basketball he won't be the difference?

Top 10 ever is Duncan and Shaq but KG will make them better but title better i don't know about that especially since that means bye bye Amare and more to get him.

Cleveland Steamer
06-22-2007, 05:22 PM
So by that logic Jason Kidd makes his team much better around him than Duncan does because he has more assists. I am talking about shit that does not show up on the stat sheet but is vital to winning.
Are you this fucking dumb? You do realize that they play two different positions, and yes, Kidd makes his teamates better just because hes a point guard, thats his job

dbreiden83080
06-22-2007, 05:22 PM
ya ur right the suns will have two of the best tim duncan defenders on their team (kurt thomas and garnett) and that wont make a difference if they face the spurs...

Duncan stoppers he put up 27 and 14 a game on the Suns you walking ASSHAT. Big bad Thomas should showed him. Why are you posing as a Spurs fan when it is clear you are a Suns fan??

dbreiden83080
06-22-2007, 05:24 PM
Are you this fucking dumb? You do realize that they play two different positions, and yes, Kidd makes his teamates better just because hes a point guard, thats his job

You really need help in your B-Ball IQ. So Kidd makes them better than Duncan and he has how many rings to show for it?

coachmac87
06-22-2007, 05:25 PM
LOL did you just say KG is as good on the low block as Duncan? Cancel your account and go into hiding pal. :drunk :drunk Duncan hits 20 ft bank shots and straight on jumpers almost at will.

where does that say he is as good on the block as duncan...i just said garnett can do both..garnett is alot more versatile than duncan thats my point...u cant read..straight on jumpers...if he could do that he should have a better free throw percentage..tim duncan doesnt even get lift on his jumpers always tend to be short..and he doesnt go to the bank anymore as much as u think....

dbreiden83080
06-22-2007, 05:27 PM
where does that say he is as good on the block as duncan...i just said garnett can do both..garnett is alot more versatile than duncan thats my point...u cant read..straight on jumpers...if he could do that he should have a better free throw percentage..tim duncan doesnt even get lift on his jumpers always tend to be short..and he doesnt go to the bank anymore as much as u think....

Oh boy oh boy he went away from that last year thanks to his foot injury. He found it again this year pal but still spends most of his time on the block. Commentators always say how it is puzzling that Tim misses FT's when he is money from 15-20 ft. How many Spurs games do you watch a year about 2?

coachmac87
06-22-2007, 05:28 PM
Duncan stoppers he put up 27 and 14 a game on the Suns you walking ASSHAT. Big bad Thomas should showed him. Why are you posing as a Spurs fan when it is clear you are a Suns fan??

no bitch...ur lying to urself if u think that thomas didnt do a good job on duncan...he didnt stop him..nobody can...but kurt thomas and garnett are the best duncan defenders in the league...u can throw sheed in there if u want also...stop putting words in my mouth..duncan got most of his points on amare anyways..why do u think amare was always in foul trouble

Cleveland Steamer
06-22-2007, 05:29 PM
You really need help in your B-Ball IQ. So Kidd makes them better than Duncan and he has how many rings to show for it?
Duncan is a much better player all around, he is an unstoppable scorer and a great defender. Kidd isnt a scorer, or a great defender. But as far as setting up teamates and getting guys on his team shots, I dont know how you could even argue that Duncan does it better. Duncan makes his team better, Kidd makes his shitty teamates better

dbreiden83080
06-22-2007, 05:30 PM
no bitch...ur lying to urself if u think that thomas didnt do a good job on duncan...he didnt stop him..nobody can...but kurt thomas and garnett are the best duncan defenders in the league...u can throw sheed in there if u want also...stop putting words in my mouth..duncan got most of his points on amare anyways..why do u think amare was always in foul trouble

Thomas did a good job on him in one game the rest of the time he got owned badly. Stop posing as a Spurs fan admit to being a Suns fan already.

dbreiden83080
06-22-2007, 05:31 PM
Duncan is a much better player all around, he is an unstoppable scorer and a great defender. Kidd isnt a scorer, or a great defender. But as far as setting up teamates and getting guys on his team shots, I dont know how you could even argue that Duncan does it better. Duncan makes his team better, Kidd makes his shitty teamates better

So you just agreed with me Duncan makes his team better. Kidd can set guys up all he wants but Tim's presence makes it so much easier for everyone to play on offense.

coachmac87
06-22-2007, 05:33 PM
Oh boy oh boy he went away from that last year thanks to his foot injury. He found it again this year pal but still spends most of his time on the block. Commentators always say how it is puzzling that Tim misses FT's when he is money from 15-20 ft. How many Spurs games do you watch a year about 2?

ya what commentators?? sean elliott?? he is the most bias commentator ever...ya he found it again this year?? i dunno about that he didnt use the bank as much beacuse of the new ball..if u dont recall fuckin drooler...

RobinsontoDuncan
06-22-2007, 05:33 PM
You green guys are weak. Dude's right, Thomas did a pretty good job on Duncan at times, and # 21 is not infallible.

To think Duncan wouldn't be affected by Kurt Thomas and KG on a front line is stupidity.

coachmac87
06-22-2007, 05:34 PM
Thomas did a good job on him in one game the rest of the time he got owned badly. Stop posing as a Spurs fan admit to being a Suns fan already.

stop posing like u kno what ur talking about and just face it that ur wrong..everybody in the chat room is arguing with u dumbass!! and i am a spurs fan..tim duncan is the greatest big man to ever breathe on this earth!!! u just cant face the fact that ur wrong in what ur sayin and u cant spell perimeter!!! lmao

coachmac87
06-22-2007, 05:35 PM
You green guys are weak. Dude's right, Thomas did a pretty good job on Duncan at times, and # 21 is not infallible.

To think Duncan wouldn't be affected by Kurt Thomas and KG on a front line is stupidity.

wow did i say that?? i think i did...

coachmac87
06-22-2007, 05:36 PM
dbreiden83080.... :pctoss just do it already i kno u want to

dbreiden83080
06-22-2007, 05:38 PM
ya what commentators?? sean elliott?? he is the most bias commentator ever...ya he found it again this year?? i dunno about that he didnt use the bank as much beacuse of the new ball..if u dont recall fuckin drooler...

You are CLUELESS we are done here. If you are saying Timmy almost never shoots banks shots anymore, then what else is there to say you just have no clue. See ya next year Suns fan when we own you bitches yet again.

dbreiden83080
06-22-2007, 05:40 PM
stop posing like u kno what ur talking about and just face it that ur wrong..everybody in the chat room is arguing with u dumbass!! and i am a spurs fan..tim duncan is the greatest big man to ever breathe on this earth!!! u just cant face the fact that ur wrong in what ur sayin and u cant spell perimeter!!! lmao

You either misspelled or used bad english about ten times in that one post moron. Now i'm done later Suns fan, have a nice offseason of crying.

coachmac87
06-22-2007, 05:45 PM
You are CLUELESS we are done here. If you are saying Timmy almost never shoots banks shots anymore, then what else is there to say you just have no clue. See ya next year Suns fan when we own you bitches yet again.

why are u calling me a suns fan??? when did i ever say go suns go??? im just saying garnett would really help the suns and it will make it harder for the spurs to repeat..but no u just assume im on the suns nuts...if i was a suns fan i would have the phx suns as my favorite team..i have nothing to hide u piece of shit...suns need defense to win a championship and i think garnett is a pretty damn good defender...and alot better than amare...AND U WILL SEE ALOT OF ME MOTHER FUCKER HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! u cant handle the truth

coachmac87
06-22-2007, 05:47 PM
You either misspelled or used bad english about ten times in that one post moron. Now i'm done later Suns fan, have a nice offseason of crying.

hey i just looked at my shirt and it said san antonio spurs 2007 nba champions....just thought i would let u kno...read a book :reading

mardigan
06-22-2007, 05:48 PM
Spelling smack is the smack of one with no good points to make

coachmac87
06-22-2007, 05:51 PM

ya...he called me a suns fan :depressed

dbreiden83080
06-22-2007, 05:52 PM

I only made it because he kept harping on one word i misspelled i could care less about that shit he brought it up and would not shut up about it. If you are going to bust someone about bad grammar your's had better be good.

mardigan
06-22-2007, 05:55 PM
Didnt read the whole thread, my fault

coachmac87
06-22-2007, 05:57 PM
I only made it because he kept harping on one word i misspelled i could care less about that shit he brought it up and would not shut up about it. If you are going to bust someone about bad grammar your's had better be good.

i only did it cause u called me stupid :depressed

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-22-2007, 06:23 PM

So now you're going to trade Marion and Amare? :lol

dbreiden83080
06-22-2007, 07:00 PM

I say trade Nash, Amare, Marion, Diaw and a bunch of picks for KG. He is the Big TICKET after all. :smokin

OldDirtMcGirt
06-22-2007, 07:05 PM

I wouldn't mind it. You do Marion + 24 for Sheed + 14. Then you trade Diaw straight up for Artest. Then you put out this starting lineup:

Nash
Bell
Artest
Sheed
Garnett

That's a pretty vicious team on the fast break and also defensively.

mardigan
06-22-2007, 07:06 PM
I wouldn't mind it. You do Marion + 24 for Sheed + 14. Then you trade Diaw straight up for Artest. Then you put out this starting lineup:

Nash
Bell
Artest
Sheed
Garnett

That wouldnt even be fair, it would be like some NBA Live team

dbreiden83080
06-22-2007, 07:08 PM

Nash
Bell
Artest
Sheed
Garnett

Diaw straight up for Artest why don't you just take Wade for Kurt Thomas while you are at it.

OldDirtMcGirt
06-22-2007, 07:12 PM
Diaw straight up for Artest why don't you just take Wade for Kurt Thomas while you are at it.

I'm pretty sure that Sac-town is going to give up Artest for a bag of peanuts. They'd do that trade in a heartbeat.

Oh yeah, and also in my dream Sun's offseason scenario, we demote Mike D'Antoni to team clown so that he can travel around and make stupid faces at the other team.

dbreiden83080
06-22-2007, 07:25 PM
I'm pretty sure that Sac-town is going to give up Artest for a bag of peanuts. They'd do that trade in a heartbeat.

Oh yeah, and also in my dream Sun's offseason scenario, we demote Mike D'Antoni to team clown so that he can travel around and make stupid faces at the other team.

The guy is a pretty big cancer on any team he has been on. In spite of his talent you really think the Suns would take a chance on him. Every place he has gone there has been trouble.

OldDirtMcGirt
06-22-2007, 07:27 PM
The guy is a pretty big cancer on any team he has been on. In spite of his talent you really think the Suns would take a chance on him. Every place he has gone there has been trouble.

I think with guys like Nash and Garnett to keep him in check, and with him playing for an actualy contender, we could bring him back to the old Ron Artest who was a top fifteen player in the league. And if he doesn't work out, we need to dump Diaw's god awful salary.

dbreiden83080
06-22-2007, 07:31 PM
I think with guys like Nash and Garnett to keep him in check, and with him playing for an actualy contender, we could bring him back to the old Ron Artest who was a top fifteen player in the league. And if he doesn't work out, we need to dump Diaw's god awful salary.

I know we really went into this but do you really think you are getting KG? Amare is what 24 years old are they really going to try and dump him for KG?

OldDirtMcGirt
06-22-2007, 07:35 PM
I know we really went into this but do you really think you are getting KG? Amare is what 24 years old are they really going to try and dump him for KG?

Garnett is a better team guy, a better defender, a better rebounder, and a better passer than Stoudemire. That's pretty well documented and indisputable. I feel that with Garnett you get somebody who's going to give you a better chance to win the title than with Stoudemire.

Also, age doesn't tell the whole story. Let's just asume that Garnett still has four more years playing at this high level. In about four years time, while Amare might still only be 28, he'll also be going under the knife for a second microfracture surgery.

dbreiden83080
06-22-2007, 07:40 PM
Garnett is a better team guy, a better defender, a better rebounder, and a better passer than Stoudemire. That's pretty well documented and indisputable. I feel that with Garnett you get somebody who's going to give you a better chance to win the title than with Stoudemire.

Also, age doesn't tell the whole story. Let's just asume that Garnett still has four more years playing at this high level. In about four years time, while Amare might still only be 28, he'll also be going under the knife for a second microfracture surgery.

I really think this all talk given the nature of the size of the contracts we are talking about here. I don't think the Suns see Amare as you do he is young and had a big bounce back season. They may be thinking well when Nash goes we have to build around Amare as oppossed to having nothing when both Nash and KG are all done.

ducks
06-22-2007, 07:41 PM
well noah worked out for the suns so who knows what the fuck is going on

OldDirtMcGirt
06-22-2007, 07:42 PM
I really think this all talk given the nature of the size of the contracts we are talking about here. I don't think the Suns see Amare as you do he is young and had a big bounce back season. They may be thinking well when Nash goes we have to build around Amare as oppossed to having nothing when both Nash and KG are all done.

Ask the heat if they regret mortgaging their future for a title.

As for Amare, for me the real concern is how he does after that second surgery.

dbreiden83080
06-22-2007, 07:56 PM

Is that what has to happen with Microfracture you need at least 2 surgeries a few years apart? If so then the Wolves are not going to want Amare at all they would rather keep KG.

coachmac87
06-22-2007, 08:12 PM
ill take kg over amare any day...kg is a complete player!!! amare couldnt guard a post player to save his life..kg is one of the best in the league!!! amare was just a freak athlete and while he still is very athletic he isnt the same...he wont ever come close to average 25pts a game in his career...he will fall off whenever he loses nash..kg is already good..but can u imagine him with nash..i mean the best team garnett had was with old sam cassell and latrell spreewell..it just shows put kg around a good cast and he will go somewhere...i really do not want kg going to phx...makes the west even more dominant than it already is

Money316
06-22-2007, 08:18 PM

Is it simply a given that sometime in the future the surgery will needed, or is it already planned and scheduled. In any case what is the best case senario as far as rehab time? Any other ballers recoop from something like this? Hate to see the career for someone so young and talented cut short.

OldDirtMcGirt
06-22-2007, 10:13 PM
Is it simply a given that sometime in the future the surgery will needed, or is it already planned and scheduled. In any case what is the best case senario as far as rehab time? Any other ballers recoop from something like this? Hate to see the career for someone so young and talented cut short.

I'm not totally sure about it, but I believe I heard that most people have to get surgery like every four years. However, it affects everybody differently, so nothing is a given. Amare is really one of the first guys to get it at his age. Typically if it's a player like Jason Kidd, then he's already in his thirties so the surgery isn't much of a concern.

dbreiden83080
06-22-2007, 10:17 PM
I'm not totally sure about it, but I believe I heard that most people have to get surgery like every four years. However, it affects everybody differently, so nothing is a given. Amare is really one of the first guys to get it at his age. Typically if it's a player like Jason Kidd, then he's already in his thirties so the surgery isn't much of a concern.

If that is true than you can forget about getting KG. Wolves would be nuts to take anything but Amare back for him and at the same time nuts to take him given the health issues he may have ahead of him.

OldDirtMcGirt
06-22-2007, 10:22 PM
If that is true than you can forget about getting KG. Wolves would be nuts to take anything but Amare back for him and at the same time nuts to take him given the health issues he may have ahead of him.

I was looking at wikipedia, but I didn't see anything so all of this could be moot because I'm wrong. Anybody know what the story is with microfracture?

johngateswhiteley
06-22-2007, 10:25 PM
what is phx's problem? ...i'd trade Amare for KG, no question.

dbreiden83080
06-22-2007, 10:26 PM
I was looking at wikipedia, but I didn't see anything so all of this could be moot because I'm wrong. Anybody know what the story is with microfracture?

No but Kidd had it done a few years ago and as far as i know there are no plans to have it done again.

OldDirtMcGirt
06-22-2007, 10:27 PM
No but Kidd had it done a few years ago and as far as i know there are no plans to have it done again.

That's probably because he'll be close to retired by then so there really isn't a reason to. Didn't C-Webb have it twice? I'm pretty sure that K-Mart did also.

dbreiden83080
06-22-2007, 10:48 PM
That's probably because he'll be close to retired by then so there really isn't a reason to. Didn't C-Webb have it twice? I'm pretty sure that K-Mart did also.

Well if it is something that has to be done every few years than he is pretty much untradeable. Such a serious surgery to have to bounce back from once and he is not all the way back to what he was in 05 so further surgeries would only limit him further.

K-State Spur
06-22-2007, 11:56 PM
o really...so why has garnett aged better than tim duncan?? maybe because tims body has been through alot longer seasons and what not!!! and 35 is just the magic number or what?? u act like garnett does not have any fundamentals..

no, i'm saying that if you were willing to take a break from pulling stuff out of your ass, you'd see that the list of players who were as productive at 35 as they were in their prime is an EXTREMELY short one. this is true even amongst the all-time greats.

dbreiden83080
06-23-2007, 12:15 AM
no, i'm saying that if you were willing to take a break from pulling stuff out of your ass, you'd see that the list of players who were as productive at 35 as they were in their prime is an EXTREMELY short one. this is true even amongst the all-time greats.

Nobody really not even Jordan his team was so great around him by age 35 that he did not have to carry the load as much as he did in the past.

Supreme_Being
06-23-2007, 12:52 AM
If that happens I'm looking forward to see SA/PHX game. I want to see Garnett and Duncan in an iso play.

dbreiden83080
06-23-2007, 12:57 AM
If that happens I'm looking forward to see SA/PHX game. I want to see Garnett and Duncan in an iso play.

Would be cool to see that if the Suns get him but they are going to have to give up Amare and more to get it done. With what they will lose they are not going to have a stacked team it will be more along the lines of well will KG be the difference as oppossed to they are so deep it is a lock for the title.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-23-2007, 01:04 AM
Just reading Truehoop, and one of his readers came up with a 3-way trade scenario that lands Garnett in Phoenix WITHOUT them giving up Stoudamire. It's a scary thought. If Phoenix can throw Garnett and Stoudamire at Duncan, that might be more than even he could handle... and that's not any sort of diss on Tim.

http://myespn.go.com/nba/truehoop

(it's the biggest paragraph in the "Friday bullets")

I don't think it will happen though.

dbreiden83080
06-23-2007, 01:08 AM
It's a scary thought. If Phoenix can throw Garnett and Stoudamire at Duncan, that might be more than even he could handle... and that's not any sort of diss on Tim.

If KG is in Phoenix then Amare is BYE BYE and more. This is a deal where the Wolves have to get a lot back he is their best player in franchise history they can not allow themselves to get raped in any trade talks. I really don't see this happening because Amare is so young and i am sure many in the Suns FO are saying hey if not for the suspensions we would be champs right now so why make this deal when we will have to give up so much?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-23-2007, 01:09 AM
dbreiden, sorry, updated my post, read what they guy came up with. It is actually plausible and could happen if Minne gets flustered, but I don't think they get enough out of the deal so it's unlikely. However, McHale is a terrible GM so you never know...

coachmac87
06-23-2007, 01:20 AM
well i honestly think phx has to do something...what other changes can they make??? obviously their team isnt good enough cause at the end of the day they still cant play defense..i can see phx throwing in diaw and amare for garnett and possibly marko jaric or troy hudson...dbreiden83080 is still a douche bag

dbreiden83080
06-23-2007, 01:21 AM
dbreiden, sorry, updated my post, read what they guy came up with. It is actually plausible and could happen if Minne gets flustered, but I don't think they get enough out of the deal so it's unlikely. However, McHale is a terrible GM so you never know...

It is a scary thought but the Spurs would have to get to work and add a few things themselves and they would be fine. This though is crazy to think that the Wolves would hand over KG and not get Amare back. If they do pull it off which i doubt and win it all good for them. The Spurs have 4 titles in the Duncan era and he is a top 10 player ever. Whatever they do from now on is gravy when they have won so much.

dbreiden83080
06-23-2007, 01:22 AM
dbreiden83080 is still a douche bag

You really want to get banned don't you? Nice thread you made about me before see how Kori got rid of it rather quickly. Grow up!!

coachmac87
06-23-2007, 01:25 AM

you still stand by that?

coachmac87
06-23-2007, 01:27 AM
You really want to get banned don't you? Nice thread you made about me before see how Kori got rid of it rather quickly. Grow up!!

i can post or say whatever i want...just dont let it hurt ur feelings... :depressed

dbreiden83080
06-23-2007, 01:27 AM
you still stand by that?

He can be the difference if they give up next to nothing to get him. However if it is Amare and more then no i say it is not enough.

dbreiden83080
06-23-2007, 01:28 AM
i heard kori actually likes me :)

Yeah i bet she loves getting rid of dumbass threads started by trolls like you. :donkey

coachmac87
06-23-2007, 01:30 AM
He can be the difference if they give up next to nothing to get him. However if it is Amare and more then no i say it is not enough.

u dont think garnett is an upgrade?? i dont buy that one bit.nash,kg,marion,bell and thomas is a killer lineup....and they could still have barbosa coming off the bench

coachmac87
06-23-2007, 01:31 AM
Yeah i bet she loves getting rid of dumbass threads started by trolls like you. :donkey

dude u broke my heart by calling me a suns fan... :cry it was hard for me to accept and im sorry i made that thread about u....but i felt like i had no choice

dbreiden83080
06-23-2007, 01:39 AM
u dont think garnett is an upgrade?? i dont buy that one bit.nash,kg,marion,bell and thomas is a killer lineup....and they could still have barbosa coming off the bench

He is an upgrade but if they give up Amare and another player or 2 i don't see it as a huge one. Mchale would need brain surgery to let go of KG and get a bunch of mediocre bench players and a few picks. Bottom line they would have to give up a lot to get him and given Amare's age i doubt the Suns will do it. As i said before if it happens and they give up not so much so what the title is guranteed to nobody and after 4 titles in the Timmy era and a shitload of memories whatever else happens is gravy from this point on.

coachmac87
06-23-2007, 01:43 AM
He is an upgrade but if they give up Amare and another player or 2 i don't see it as a huge one. Mchale would need brain surgery to let go of KG and get a bunch of mediocre bench players and a few picks. Bottom line they would have to give up a lot to get him and given Amare's age i doubt the Suns will do it. As i said before if it happens and they give up not so much so what the title is guranteed to nobody and after 4 titles in the Timmy era and a shitload of memories whatever else happens is gravy from this point on.

what about a diaw, and amare and maybe a draft pick or so...for kg and possibly troy hudson??

dbreiden83080
06-23-2007, 01:49 AM
what about a diaw, and amare and maybe a draft pick or so...for kg and possibly troy hudson??

Something like that is doable. The Wolves have to get back a sure thing here they can't give up their best player in franchise history for some picks and so so bench players.

coachmac87
06-23-2007, 01:51 AM
Something like that is doable. The Wolves have to get back a sure thing here they can't give up their best player in franchise history for some picks and so so bench players.

uhhh u consider diaw a so so bench player??? and dont forget they would be getting amare stoudamire!!

dbreiden83080
06-23-2007, 01:55 AM
uhhh u consider diaw a so so bench player??? and dont forget they would be getting amare stoudamire!!

Did you watch the series with the Spurs he fucking sucks??

Supreme_Being
06-23-2007, 07:17 AM

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

cherylsteele
06-23-2007, 09:30 AM

Nash
Bell
Artest
Sheed
Garnett

Artest and Sheed on the same team? If you didn't like the suspensions in the playoffs, you would need to be ready for them the whole year with this line-up.

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-23-2007, 10:56 AM
If this happens, Spurs HAVE NO CHOICE but to bring over Scola

OldDirtMcGirt
06-23-2007, 11:38 AM
Artest and Sheed on the same team? If you didn't like the suspensions in the playoffs, you would need to be ready for them the whole year with this line-up.

Yeah but at least when Sheed and Artest get suspended it isn't for walking.

coachmac87
06-23-2007, 11:55 AM
Did you watch the series with the Spurs he fucking sucks??

whatever dude ur just fuckin stupid....he was amazing the year before...he was one of the reasons why the suns did so well without amare..it just sucked for him how he had to take the back seat..everybody was talking all about diaw the year before..i admit he had an ok year this year..but...dont tell me u wouldnt take him on the spurs..ur lying to urself if u say u wont

michaelwcho
06-23-2007, 12:16 PM
whatever dude ur just fuckin stupid....he was amazing the year before...he was one of the reasons why the suns did so well without amare..it just sucked for him how he had to take the back seat..everybody was talking all about diaw the year before..i admit he had an ok year this year..but...dont tell me u wouldnt take him on the spurs..ur lying to urself if u say u wont

He's not Spurs material. He's soft on both ends of the court and would get in Timmy's way.

That being said, he looked to be on the way to All-Star land last year, and on the right team, he might be one.

K-State Spur
06-23-2007, 12:54 PM
Just reading Truehoop, and one of his readers came up with a 3-way trade scenario that lands Garnett in Phoenix WITHOUT them giving up Stoudamire. It's a scary thought. If Phoenix can throw Garnett and Stoudamire at Duncan, that might be more than even he could handle... and that's not any sort of diss on Tim.

http://myespn.go.com/nba/truehoop

(it's the biggest paragraph in the "Friday bullets")

Not really. They came up with a deal that makes all kinds of sense from the Lakers and Suns perspective, but all it gets the Wolves is a couple of good (but not outstanding) picks, a little bit of cap relief, and a vastly overpaid PG who was good for one season. Even McHale isn't dumb enough to make that trade.

HJNTX
06-23-2007, 03:14 PM
My brother has always liked KG's play, but not I .. Of course I would hate to see him going to Phoenix, but that's probably what is going to happen..

K-State Spur
06-23-2007, 05:56 PM
My brother has always liked KG's play, but not I .. Of course I would hate to see him going to Phoenix, but that's probably what is going to happen..

actually, the 'probably' in the equation is that he's still a T-pup next year. i certainly wouldn't rule out that phoenix makes the deal to get him. but given what we know right now, the most likely scenario is that he doesn't get moved.

T Park
06-23-2007, 06:22 PM
a mentally soft bigman who stinks in the postseason replacing a mentally soft bigman who studs up in the post season.

Do THE TRADE PHOENIX!!! :lol

OldDirtMcGirt
06-23-2007, 08:08 PM
a mentally soft bigman who stinks in the postseason replacing a mentally soft bigman who studs up in the post season.

Do THE TRADE PHOENIX!!! :lol

By stinks in the postseason you mean the fact that all of his averages improve? The Wolves with Garnett have never lost a series that they should've won, he's not T-Mac.

dbreiden83080
06-23-2007, 08:22 PM
dont tell me u wouldnt take him on the spurs..ur lying to urself if u say u wont

Well then call me a LIAR because i don't want him anywhere near the Spurs. Keep him on your Suns since you are so HOT for him.

coachmac87
06-23-2007, 10:42 PM
Well then call me a LIAR because i don't want him anywhere near the Spurs. Keep him on your Suns since you are so HOT for him.

not hot for him bitch...but i would take him over matt bonner in reality..i think matt bonner is a good guy..but seriously what did he do for the spurs?? did he play in the playoffs??? and diaw would be a pretty good robert horry replacement...not saying the spurs should go for diaw..but he isnt a bad player like everybody is saying..and for the last time im not a suns fan...but im also not a super bias spurs fan..i let people know how it is..and boris diaw is a better player than matt bonner...period.

ducks
06-23-2007, 10:43 PM
diaw was aswesome when amare was out
I would like diaw on the spurs

dbreiden83080
06-23-2007, 11:10 PM
but im also not a super bias spurs fan..i let people know how it is..and boris diaw is a better player than matt bonner...period.

When the hell did this go into a debate about Bonner? I never said a thing about Bonner not one damn thing. Of course he sucks big fucking deal i still don't have much love Diaw.

Borosai
06-24-2007, 12:03 AM
I love Matt Bonner... he owns Garnett.

HJNTX
06-24-2007, 08:44 AM
actually, the 'probably' in the equation is that he's still a T-pup next year. i certainly wouldn't rule out that phoenix makes the deal to get him. but given what we know right now, the most likely scenario is that he doesn't get moved.

:clap

SpursIndonesia
06-25-2007, 01:07 AM
diaw was aswesome when amare was out
I would like diaw on the spurs

Yeah, Diaw is a good small ball PF or a complimentary SF for a frontcourt that has a PF with 3 pt range (KG or Horry). :toast