PDA

View Full Version : Keep the hate coming, losers!

peskypesky
06-22-2007, 03:06 PM
Is it just me, or do you get the sense that all this hate on the Spurs is actually going to make them even tougher, more determined, and fiercer?

It's one of the weirdest and quickest transformations I've ever seen in a team "image". The Spurs went from being the "gentlemen" of the league to "gangsta thugs" in what seemed like the blink of an eye.

And then they just went on to bitch-slap the Cavs with a broom.

Could it be that all this hate is making them stronger? Making them truly feel like the bad-asses they are?

It's almost as of the pansy Suns and the media thought that all the name-calling and hating was going to make the Spurs feel bad about themselves, and somehow weaken them. But instead, it may have bolstered their self-confidence.

I sense that this is true and I hope it is. So I say to the media and all the Cavs and Mavs and Suns fans, and every other bitch that wants to hate on the Spurs: Keep feeding us your hate. We eat it up. And then we feast on your hearts. Raw.

SenorSpur
06-22-2007, 03:20 PM
I'm not sure if it make them tougher because the team seems to annually thrive on its "bunker mentality", much of which is fortified by CIA Pop.

I do get the since that the team will be solely and singularly focused on doing what they've not done before - REPEAT AS NBA CHAMPIONS!

Clutch20
06-22-2007, 03:29 PM
I kind of agree too, they're tough enough to remain self motivated
But maybe tucked away in some little pocket somewhere there's a little scribble note with a memory or two written down for them rainy days.............

Cleveland Steamer
06-22-2007, 03:32 PM
The Spurs have always been tough, they just never got crdit for it because the media didnt watch them, and the general public never watched them. It took a Canadian being bucked for the rest of the US to catch up to what Spurs fans had known for a long time

Guajalote
06-22-2007, 07:04 PM
Actually, I'm thrilled to have our image changed from before. In the DRob and early Duncan eras, we were the "soft" Spurs. Remember? The soft Spurs that would never win a title because we were so athletic, and delicate, and didn't like to mix it up with the physical Eastern Conference teams- Bad Boys Pistons, Charles Oakley Knicks/Bulls, etc.

Now, we're cheaters, thugs, boring, etc. Before our first title, we never really had any ammo to combat the name calling (see Suns, Mavs, etc.). But now, we just leave 4 championship ring marks in their forehead on their way down to the floor.

But to answer your post, I think it bothers us as fans more than them. Kind of like when somebody calls your mother, or brother, or sister, etc. a name. That's always made me angrier than someone calling me a name. I think that if anything, the actual team and F.O. is so tied up with excellence and winning that they don't have time to care what other people say or think (Pop- "I don't give a sh--). :0)

Switchman
06-22-2007, 09:09 PM
haha call us soft. We were the toughest team in these playoffs and showed the Suns that they can't mess with us.

Bell wants to act like a badass.....please.

Spurs fans have had to deal with so much trashtalking these past 10 years that no one can crack us now.

Bear Grylls
06-22-2007, 09:11 PM
Im sure Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili will step up there game even more next year after they read what is going on at Spurstalk.com.

phyzik
06-23-2007, 02:18 AM
Que the Hulk with a Spurs Jersey....

"Dont make me angry..... you woudlnt like me when Im angry....."

http://www.gottawiz.com/images/Comics/Marvel/Incredible_Hulk/hulk.jpg

someone chop that shit!!

Money316
06-23-2007, 04:46 AM
Is it just me, or do you get the sense that all this hate on the Spurs is actually going to make them even tougher, more determined, and fiercer?
Lets hope what doesn't kill them makes them stronger.

http://espn.starwave.com/media/nba/2005/0623/photo/g_manu_360.jpg

boutons_
06-23-2007, 09:49 AM
I think Pop does a great job of "don't give a shit" attitude in himself, staff,team.

the other fans and media can have their fun and hate, Pop/Spurs have the winning organizational culture, the decade-long best record, the execution, the rings.

lefty
06-23-2007, 12:39 PM
It all started with that punk...

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/IMG/amare_stoudemire-arton21199-240x240.jpg

SAGambler
06-23-2007, 03:45 PM
I'm not sure if it make them tougher because the team seems to annually thrive on its "bunker mentality", much of which is fortified by CIA Pop.

I do get the since that the team will be solely and singularly focused on doing what they've not done before - REPEAT AS NBA CHAMPIONS!

That's about the only thing missing from their stellar resumes. Just as I suspected they were so focused this year because they let last year slip through their fingers, they could well be focused on a repeat this year. Then they could set aside all the "Dynasty" questions.

tsb2000
06-23-2007, 04:41 PM
I wouldn't call the Spurs thugs, a la Artest, Iverson, etc.

The hate comes from the Spurs' physical play and the success that comes with it.

BlackFlagg
06-23-2007, 05:39 PM
The more shit people talk about them, the better they play. Fact.

smeagol
06-23-2007, 05:54 PM
The Spurs went from being the "gentlemen" of the league to "gangsta thugs" in what seemed like the blink of an eye.

When I think gangsta, I think Manu, Tony and Timmy

BigBeezie
06-23-2007, 07:25 PM
The more shit people talk about them, the better they play. Fact.

I have to agree here. The same year that Ray Allen called-out Bruce, we pounded them in the playoffs. Seems like a theme here...

duncan228
06-23-2007, 07:30 PM
Duncan always plays incredible when he's pissed.